Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 6/16/2004 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I've been using it for several years now. The best thing about it is the coverage...it is light but yet manages to cover up all my flaws and really evens out my skin. It also gives me a bit of glow which I really like. However, there are a few downsides. It has no staying power at all- it rubs off on everything, especially on the collars of my coats.
Also, it makes my face get really greasy throughout the day, so I have to keep reapplying powder to stay shine-free. But, even with all these problems, I still stick with this foundation because of the amazing coverage it gives without looking cakey and heavy.
UPDATE: I don't use this anymore because I realized that it looks so fake in pictures, esp. with flash :( It comes out so pale and I look a white gost...not natural at all. But, it's still a good everyday foundation when you don't intend on having your photo taken!

on 6/16/2004 7:36:00 AM

CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup is a good buy and provides adequate coverage for my dryish skin.

I bought this product in "Classic Ivory" and it really does smooth over the skin, leaving the skin soft and translucent. I think it's a decent product if you can't get out to buy the department store brands.

It is a good lightweight makeup for summer when most of us already have some color in our faces. It almost seems like a tinted moisturizer.

A real advantage of this foundation is that I do NOT find it turning orange on my skin the way some foundations do.

Edited to add about the CG Smoother Hydrating Foundation: It does not take the place of moisturizer, I am finding out. Though it goes on fairly smoothly, if you have dry skin, you had best be wearing a very good moisturizer underneath it.

I am really glad I found CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup just in time for summer. Now if I could only find a great moisturizer, preferably one with a sunscreen in it, too.

on 6/12/2004 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've not been a fan of covergirl products in general, but this was a nice foundation at a reasonable price. I also LOVE that it comes in a squeeze tube so it doesn't get messy and I don't have to worry about getting bacteria in it. I'd say it gave medium coverage and has a natural finish. I have normal skin that is dryer in the winter and this was not too dry, not too shiny. However, even though this foundation is for dry skin, I don't think it would be appropriate for REALLY dry/mature skin. I can't imagine my mother being happy with this product for example. I might repurchase as a cheap day-to-day foundation.

on 6/9/2004 12:26:00 PM

This is the only foundation that works on my rosacea skin, and I have tried a ton of them. With Peter Thomas Roth tinted sunscreen, I've at last found my hg combination.

It seems to be the same formula as the discontinued Olay foundation, my former hg.

I had to buy a few tubes before I found the right color, but it is far cheaper than the EL Re-Nutriv foundation I was using (that made my skin flaky). Its flat container is great for travel too.

on 5/16/2004 8:59:00 AM

Pretty good foundation for the price. It's very thin, so it's not something you'll want if you need a lot of coverage. It evens out my skin tone and works pretty well.

I think this is a great product - very sheer (but that's ok with me) and moisturizing. I've been trying lots of high end foundations lately (on a hunt) and so far, this one beats them all!

on 4/15/2004 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this less than their Clean Makeup. Parts of the product are good- very longlasting, doesn't rub off, blends well, decent coverage (not as much as Clean Makeup). What I don't like is this is much more orange than the Clean Makeup and the shade is supposedly the same (Creamy Natural). Also for a "smoothing" or moisturizing makeup I think this would fail, bigtime. I have combo skin and it tends to dry it out, one of the first foundations I've had that did so. It emphasizes dryness and tiny lines around the eyes.
Like the packaging. Wish it covered a bit better, had better shades, and didn't dry me out. Also no SPF.

on 4/11/2004 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i tried the trial packs and i really loved it. the coverage was great- not too heavy and not too light. it made my skin look really smooth, and the gel formula made it super-blendable! the only problem is that i haven't been able to find my perfect shade yet, but i'll keep looking cause i love this foundation!

on 4/9/2004 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an okay makeup. I like good coverage with a satin-dewy finish. This was too matte for me and ended up making me look somewhere in between cakey and dry. I won't be buying this again--didn't hydrate or moisturize. Don't recommend.

on 4/8/2004 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Good for medium coverage- daytime makeup.

No breakouts yet.

Packaging is great, becuase with the flattened tube you can squeeze out just the right amount, and then fit it in a small purse.

Color is okay, blends pretty well, and is not as "rosey" as other drugstore brands. I can blend it with my fingers.

DOWNFALL: it has a weird, faint smell that I can smell all day, kind of musk-perfumy.

Would buy this again though, espeiclly for the price.