MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 3/15/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is awesome for placing color on the lid. That's pretty much all I use it for. It's made of very soft goat hair, and has an interesting texture. The bristles are stiff, but springy enough to not hurt your eyes. It places color very well and I feel like it's made my eyeshadow last longer. You get what you pay for with some makeup brushes, and this is the case. Definitely a must-have brush for me.

on 3/14/2010 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have a two of this brush in case I want to use 2 different colours at once without having to clean the bristles =)

As everyone says, it's great for placing producted. Me personally, I LOVE the white hairs that MAC uses - so soft. Some other brand brushes prickle your skin with individual hairs when you just place the colour on without blending. This one doesn't.

Picks up & places colour well without absorbing too much of the colour in the bristles. It does it's job well.

on 3/14/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Look I underst5and that we should all be AWED by anything MAC...but this brush is SH*T... Kat Von D brushes are better than this...that says much on the fact that I DON'T CARE the BRAND...if it's SH *T I'm gonna tell you it's SH*T!

on 3/14/2010 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I gave the "packaging" a 3 because the foil label wears off on mac brushes - i do put clear n/p on it to avoid this.

I love this brush. it really has made me fall in love with e/s that i had previously thought was too low in pigmentation. you can really pack on colour (but a lot of the effect really depends on what base you are using, as you need to have something to hold onto the product you are packing on).

if i lost this brush i would buy it again for sure.

this and a blending brush are all you need for an easy eyeshadow look. i love the 272 (or the 217) and the 224 for blending.

if you only wanted to ever buy 2 brushes, i'd say get the 239 and 217! magic!

on 3/14/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

the first mac brush i laid my money down for, and this was well worth it, am in love with this brush, i use this everyday...!
if there is a flaw to this brush i have yet to come across it, it washes easily, and packs on colour nicely since i have small lids...!

on 3/11/2010 5:51:00 PM

Soft, precise, versatile. I love it. After years of using cheap drugstore brushes or the applicators that come with eyeshadows, I can see just how big of a difference there is with this brush. The price is a little steep, which is the only thing stopping me from running out and buying 5 more.

on 3/4/2010 11:59:00 PM

Perfect for packing on color, a must-have eye brush that can also be used to blend! I use this every single day (:

on 3/4/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'd been using my 217 or some Loew Cornell brush I bought to apply my shadows to my lid for about a year or so, and on a whim last month while buying stuff from the Spring Color Forecast collection, I decided to pick up a 239. WOW! I've been missing OUT! This bad boy is fantastic for packing color onto the lid. I couldn't figure out why my shadows looked so pigmented in the pan, but kinda washed out and bland on my lid. It was because I didn't have THIS brush. Seriously, a good primer and the 239 is all you need to get a great color payoff from your shadows (provided you have good pigmented shadows to begin with...). I also use it to apply shadow to the lower lash line when I don't feel like pulling out my smaller brush. It's soft, lush, a bit on the expensive side, but worth it IMO.

on 2/23/2010 5:08:00 PM

Even though I do think this brush is expensive I would definitely buy again. It is a great brush for depositing color and it is also soft. I will say that I do have a favorite next to this one and that is my Loew-Cornell 1/4" mini mop which serves the exact purpose of this one.

on 2/22/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a must have in the makeup brush kit. It packs on the colors real well and does not have a lot of fall out even for pigments. The only drawback are the white bristles which takes deep cleaning to get rid of the color stain.

Video Reviews & Tutorials