April 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kam6761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AWESOME at packing color onto the lid. This is a definite staple and I reach for it every day. That said, I would definitely repurchase. However, if you're under financial constraints, there are definitely good dupes (Coastal Scents and Sonia Kashuk have almost exact dupes that work great). So, if you have the money, I definitely recommend this, but if it's a stretch then don't feel bad about going for a lower priced price-- it'll work really similarly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got suckered into buying the #239 reading the reviews here. I for one have to go against the flow of things and say that this is a brush that simply doesn't work for me. I am REALLY scratching my head about this brush, thinking how it got a rating this high and how hyped it is. It is probably one of the biggest disappointments so far for me.

It is alright for packing on colour... and that's it. The brush itself is also on the large side, which means there's little precision when it comes to applying eye shadow on the inner and outer corner of the eyelid. You can't run it over the crease or lower eyelid. The bristles are simply to harsh for this and it ends up feeling uncomfortable. The only way I am able to apply this brush to my eyelid is at a flat angle. The rounded ends are simply unusable for me.

There is one thing though that I absolutely hate about this brush, the same thing that I can't stand about my #217. It splays. Like crazy. As though it is going through a Punk Rock phase. There are so many stray hairs I had to buy Brush Guards to solve this problem. I bought both at the official MAC store, so these aren't fakes, but this sure doesn't make a good impression quality-wise.

Needless to say, I wouldn't buy again. I have cheap-as-chips no-name brushes that are working better than this one. For 17.50, it's simply a waste of money for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I give it a 4.25. It is just not all that I expected it to be. I have a lot of MAC eye brushes, almost all, and this was one of the newest additions to my collection because I never wanted before. I have difficult lids to work with, so this brush may work better for others. For me, it is a tad to soft, perhaps not dense enough to pack the color how I need it. When I use this wet, it gets too wet, probably because it is not very dense and the goat hair is thin. I prefer the Sigma SS 239 to this, even though I am not a huge fan of that either. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a necessary brush to have, flat shader brush for applying and packing on color, but its not the one for me. Great brush for most people, but I'm just not feeling it like I should.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just about every brush imaginable. But then I was thinking...If I'm going to need to pack, NOT sweep a pigment or paint on the lid and keep it in place...what the heck am I going to use? The 239 is PERFECTO for that. Perfectly shaped, perfect size (very important) not too soft, not too hard. Great brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own 2 and love them!!! They pack on color wonderfully.. You will not regret buying this brush..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by 89prettyinpink

I LOVE THE 239!!! I use this bursh every single day - no joke, EVERYDAY!! And I've have it for almost 5 years and it is still is great condition. This was also my first MAC brush. I want to get a new one for how much I use it, but there's no point because it is still in such great shape. A MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best eyeshadow brush! It picks up a lot of color and packs on everything perfectly. I cannot live without this brush, it makes eyeshadow application so much better. The only bad thing is that its white hair so to avoid staining you should wash frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. It's dense enough to pick up shadow nicely, and the size is perfect for a wash of color on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Ellisedolby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was wondering, does anyone else have the word japan on it at the end? It's a really soft and very universal! I worte I wouldn't buy it again, because I don't need to.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by xcnm95x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ehh, I don't see the big fuss on this brush. I want atleast one person to agree with me, it's not soft. At all. It doesn't hurt that much, I guess, but if I try to define the color in the crease, it hurts. Also, the "MAC 139" rubbed off within a week. It's a great brush, but it's so strandard that I don't know why I could spend 20 dollars on it, and I don't know why I did. Mac brushes are soft, but not the softest brushes out there. I like EcoTools brushes soo much more.