Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

I really like this clarifying shampoo but I like GW's Halo in Purity much better.

on 8/28/2004 7:22:00 PM

This stuff is great. It cleans REALLY,REALLY,REALLY well. In addition it left my hair full of volume and is SO,SO cheap!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo makes my hair really clean with just a little bit, and the bottle is so large that it'll probably last a looong time. The smell isn't that strong, but I don't buy shampoo for scent anyway. Just one warning: I wouldn't suggest this for those with dry hair, as it might make it worse.

on 8/18/2004 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this shampoo is great. I fell in love with the conditioner (raving review posted for that) and so I decided to try the shampoo and for something to use once a week, this is a keeper. It cleansed my hair completey of all the gunk and I could have sworn my hair literally floated like air in the shower. It just made my hair so darn soft! I wouldn't use this as an everyday shampoo tho, as I have color-treated permed hair, but as a clarifier, definitely HG for me right now. Also, I do not think this is harsh at all bec. it did not make my scalp itch or anything like that. Perfect.

I agree with rainedayz. This is a great clarifying shampoo, as i have thick naturally coarse hair as well. I was amazed at how smooth, yet clean my hair looked and felt after using this, given the fact i got it for .64 at walmart,and sodium lauryl sulfate is the cleansing agent. By far better than Suave's clarifying. It also smells great and doubles nicely as a body wash. I bought this based on the reviews here, and i am happy I did. I am repurchasing this weekend, to keep myself stocked in case it's dsct.

on 7/24/2004 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

YAY!! I use this once a week to get out all the crap I put in my hair! It does such a good job too! and for 97 cents, it's awesome!! I opened the bottle with my teeth (I know that's bad) and I got a tiny-bit in my mouth.. and it doesn't taste bad either!! :)
Thanks for the rec girls!! :)

on 7/21/2004 2:56:00 AM

This was a marvelous little drugstore find. Kudos yet again to the fabulous MUA reviewers! I have very thick, fine hair and most days only use a light gel to prevent fly-aways, as well as coloring my hair regularly. While I do not notice any extensive or heavy build-up, I still like using a clarifying product once a month to remove any shampoo, conditioner, or other residue. This shampoo definitely cleans any such stuff out of my hair, but because my hair is so fine (or something) I do have noticeable fly-aways after using it. As such, I only use it once or twice per month, use it at night, and follow it with a good conditioner. Even with the fly-aways, I do not feel as though it is completely stripping my hair of natural oils or drying it out. I always use this prior to coloring my hair because I, perhaps superstitiously, feel that it helps the dye bind better and completely even. The scent is decent and for under $1 it is a steal.

on 6/30/2004 2:21:00 PM

I actually love this shampoo, didn't strip and wasn't harsh. Made my hair bouncy and shiny. Love the smell also. Great find and cheap.

on 3/26/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for awhile without any problems of it drying my hair out..however, lately I've quit using it b/c it leaves my hair feeling really dry with lots of static. I prefer to use Suave as a clarifying shampoo now.

on 2/3/2004 2:56:00 AM

This is great.I have very dry,coarse hair and using this with the matching conditioner left my hair very clean and soft.I use it once a week to get all the product residue out.Works far better than the high end brand I have been using.Amazing for .88 cents.

Top Rated Alberto Vo5 Products