December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SpeedyTurtle0789

This shampoo makes my hair really clean with just a little bit, and the bottle is so large that it'll probably last a looong time. The smell isn't that strong, but I don't buy shampoo for scent anyway. Just one warning: I wouldn't suggest this for those with dry hair, as it might make it worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 5:27:00 AM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this shampoo is great. I fell in love with the conditioner (raving review posted for that) and so I decided to try the shampoo and for something to use once a week, this is a keeper. It cleansed my hair completey of all the gunk and I could have sworn my hair literally floated like air in the shower. It just made my hair so darn soft! I wouldn't use this as an everyday shampoo tho, as I have color-treated permed hair, but as a clarifier, definitely HG for me right now. Also, I do not think this is harsh at all bec. it did not make my scalp itch or anything like that. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I agree with rainedayz. This is a great clarifying shampoo, as i have thick naturally coarse hair as well. I was amazed at how smooth, yet clean my hair looked and felt after using this, given the fact i got it for .64 at walmart,and sodium lauryl sulfate is the cleansing agent. By far better than Suave's clarifying. It also smells great and doubles nicely as a body wash. I bought this based on the reviews here, and i am happy I did. I am repurchasing this weekend, to keep myself stocked in case it's dsct.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by JessieMae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YAY!! I use this once a week to get out all the crap I put in my hair! It does such a good job too! and for 97 cents, it's awesome!! I opened the bottle with my teeth (I know that's bad) and I got a tiny-bit in my mouth.. and it doesn't taste bad either!! :)
Thanks for the rec girls!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2004 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Sebab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This was a marvelous little drugstore find. Kudos yet again to the fabulous MUA reviewers! I have very thick, fine hair and most days only use a light gel to prevent fly-aways, as well as coloring my hair regularly. While I do not notice any extensive or heavy build-up, I still like using a clarifying product once a month to remove any shampoo, conditioner, or other residue. This shampoo definitely cleans any such stuff out of my hair, but because my hair is so fine (or something) I do have noticeable fly-aways after using it. As such, I only use it once or twice per month, use it at night, and follow it with a good conditioner. Even with the fly-aways, I do not feel as though it is completely stripping my hair of natural oils or drying it out. I always use this prior to coloring my hair because I, perhaps superstitiously, feel that it helps the dye bind better and completely even. The scent is decent and for under $1 it is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by TINAG

I actually love this shampoo, didn't strip and wasn't harsh. Made my hair bouncy and shiny. Love the smell also. Great find and cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by MACgirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for awhile without any problems of it drying my hair out..however, lately I've quit using it b/c it leaves my hair feeling really dry with lots of static. I prefer to use Suave as a clarifying shampoo now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2004 2:56:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great.I have very dry,coarse hair and using this with the matching conditioner left my hair very clean and soft.I use it once a week to get all the product residue out.Works far better than the high end brand I have been using.Amazing for .88 cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Imserious22

GREAT VALUE!!! Bought this the last time because I was running low on cash and wanted something cheap to hold me over till I could buy my normal shampoo. Now I'm a firm believer that just because something costs more doesn't mean it is the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 10:51:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought that perhaps this was one of those rare finds - cheap and effective. But, alas, it disappointed, as all drugstore hair products do (for me, anyway). It dried out my hair AND did not remove build-up. So it's 0 for 2. Skip this one if your hair is even slightly dry or chemically treated or curly.