August 2, 2014 | 1004 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by elkelangley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the original one, and I LOVE it!! :D It's the best lip balm/butter/whatever I ever used.
It's very moisturizing, and sinks right into your lips. It really gives your lips that buttery feeling when you first apply it, and I love that! The only thing you have to watch out for is that you don't apply too much, because otherwise you'll end up with little white flakes on your lips.
I think the price is okay, I bought it in Belgium, I think it was around 3 euro and something. I find that a good price. I like the packaging too, but I personally like it more if it comes in a stick version, like Labello lip balms. But I like it though. The little tin is really cute, and easy to take with you. I apply this once a day and I'm good to go Also, that your lips stay moisturized for the rest of the day (well mine do). I loooove it.
The flavors they have here is the original, raspberry, and the vanilla one. I'm sad they don't have the caramel one, but ofcourse I'm very happy they have the other 3 flavors. I think when I finish the original tin, I'll buy the vanilla one. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I bought the Vanilla Macadamia flavor from CVS. I love the little tin. Easy to open and stays shut in my purse. Its a very rich, thick, white cream that smells delicious, tastes slightly sweet but neutral, spreads easily, moisturizes very well, and lasts for about 2 hours. The only thing I don't like is the white cast. If I put just a tiny bit (and you don't need much really), then it melts into lips and doesn't leave the white cast. But thats hard for me 'cuz I'm a slatherer. I load up on the lip goo so I have to watch it. It also changes the color of lipstick if applied over, lightening it significantly so that a red lippie turns pinkish, orange turns coral, etc. This can be a good thing if thats your intent. I seriously doubt I will buy this again as I rarely use it, reaching most often for Vaseline Lip Therapy in the tiny jar, but I will miss the scent when its gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Wow kinda surprised to see how beloved this product is here. Hunted them down when I heard they hit CVS and bought the caramel one. Not really impressed by it... Feels like you typical lip balm for the most part except perhaps a little creamier. Scent is good, reminds me of caramel kettle corn. Worst part is it leaves a freaky white glaze on my lips that is not attractive so I just keep this by my bed side for use at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by SweetSmellingToilets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked up the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter today for around $3 in the clearance at Shoppers and WOW. This stuff instantly cures any chocolate cravings because it smells SO good. It also moisturizes super well! I wish they would come up with something like this for skin so my body and hands could be baby-butt smooth too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by fwoo

I bought this because of all the hype. Plus I was really excited to see it in my local drug store in Canada especially because i thought it was only available in the states. I have chronically dry lips, living in Vancouver doesn't help. i've tried many lip balms from high end to low end (currently lusting for Dior creme de rose!) so i know what works for me. I bought two, the original and the macadamia nut one which smelled DELICIOUS. unfortunately it irritated my lips, most likely from the fragrance so i gave that to my sister. I thought i'd give it another try and not return the original. I'd say its not the worst i've tried but not what i wanted in a lip balm. Needs to be more moisturizing, thicker. When my lips are at its driest, the only things that works is petroleum jelly based products (current faves: smiths rosebud salve & aquaphor). This only created a barrier and dried out my lips. On a normal day, i'd say its hydrating enough but leaves me wanting more and i usually end up applying something else on top. I think it'll work for people that have a regular degree of dryness otherwise its just not enough. I think the container is cute, fits in my pocket. I'm just trying to use it up at work where i only need a bit of moisture to last me til break. Sad, i was so excited for these lip butters.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by agus23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

didn't do ANYTHING to my lips waste of money smell good in the pot but odor dissapear as soon as u put it on your lips DO NOT RECOMMEND not even to my worst enemy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Aclark7351

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Caramel Creme Kiss scent at Target and I LOVE this product!

Price: super cheap they were $3-4 bucks at Target
Smell: Amazing! Super sweet and delicious
Moisturizing Quality: Amazing! These lip butters are super thick and creamy and they are the perfect nighttime lip treatment. These might be a little thick and slick to wear under lipstick during the day because the texture is so creamy the lipstick might smear off. These actually remind me a lot of my Korres lip butters-they feel like a luxury lip balm.
Packaging: I actually love the fact that this comes in a tin as I prefer tins but if you find tins unsanitary you might want to try the Nivea chopsticks that come in a tube form.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for these for the past 3 months. Every time I went to a store, I checked to see if they have these lip butters, with no luck - until yesterday! When I saw these, I literally started jumping up and down like a mad woman! I picked up the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut scent and let me tell you - I am in LOVE with it. It is so creamy and literally feels like you're spreading butter on your lips (in a good way), hence the name "lip butter". It smells heavenly and moisturizes better than anything I've ever tried. $4 might seem a tad pricey for a small tin of lip balm, but the quality is just phenomenal. Honestly, I don't think any other lip product compares to this. I put it on at night and under other lip products, and it keeps my lips moisturized and smooth. While other lip balms wear off pretty quickly, this one stays and holds up well! The only bad thing I can say about this is the packaging. It's unsanitary. But then again, I don't think the product would be the same in a stick/tube.
All in all, I will definitely pick up more of these! If you love soft lips (who doesn't?!), then you should try these out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this lip butter, BUT I noticed that the quality is inconsistent depending on the flavor, many people who brought the raspberry one tend to dislike the product, I have the vanilla & macadamia which is a high quality one:

-Origin: It's made in Belgium, so no animal testing, GREAT!
-Smell: I prefer non scented, but it was not available at my local drug store.
-It's has lots of good ingredients: Patrolatum & polyglyceryl, glycerin are all moisturizing agents, shea, castor seed and sweet almond oil, are moisturizing oil; BUT it has BHT, which has double duty: it's a synthetic antioxidant that keeps the product fresh, also a good skin emollient, but if you eat it (some people like to eat their lip balm) in large dose, it can be carcinogenic. So DON"T EAT IT. Otherwise it is a great product.
-I found myself applying lip balm less often after using this, it layers well with lipstick because it's not too glossy nor slippery.

Overall I think this is a great lip balm (again, don't eat it) with great value performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

These are new to Canada. Of the 4 types (according to the Nivea website), we have original and vanilla/macadamia nut. I purchased the vanilla/macadamia nut. I like the tin packaging, although I do prefer a twist-up stick for hygienic reasons. Regarding the appearance of the product, it is white is colour and the texture is soft, but not mushy or runny. I have read some reviews that state that the product leaves a white film on the lips. Even though my lips have a naturally dark pigment, I do not have a problem with the white film as it is barely visable. I would have no problem applying this sans mirror. Even with the addition of sweet almond oil and shea butter, it is not the most moisturizing (it kind of sits on the lips), but for the price of $4cdn, it's alright. I wish Vitamin E was part of the formulation as I think that would help with moisture. Regarding scent and taste, initially I likened the scent to cocoa butter (which I love), but when I applied it, I realized that the scent is more like a vanilla milkshake. I love it. It is not heavily scented, but the vanilla is definitely detectable. There is no taste. I think this is definitely worth a try.