Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 4/24/2013 4:10:00 PM

Holy canoli.
I am a self proclaimed chapstick addict. Ive tried everything from EOS, Chapstick, Aquaphor, Rosebud Salve, etc... and nothing has made my lips happier than this little tin of magic.
I have all four of them, but I loooove the Macadamia Nut one. It literally makes my mouth water every time I put it on because it smells so delicious! They are all extremely smoothing and moisturizing. I use these as bases underneath lipsticks and it works like a charm. I also apply these before bed and wake up with smooth plump happy lips! :) I don't mind the pot packaging, and they can leave a slight white cast if you apply too much. But thats an easy fix. Definitely try it!!

on 4/21/2013 3:53:00 AM

I bought the macadamia one which smells really great. The pros to this is that its very easy to apply but may be unsanitary since you stick your fingers in there every time you want some. Anywho the con with this lip butter is when i apply it my lips look white! I know the raspberry one is pinky in the jar so i am going to purcase that one

on 4/20/2013 9:16:00 PM

I bought Raspberry Rose. It has a sickeningly strong chemical candy scent that doesn't fade. It's like I'm rubbing melted Skittles on my lips.

The consistency is fine, a bit on the thin side but I prefer that in balms. Wear time is below average, and it isn't very moisturizing. The tin is slender, so it's great for sticking in a smaller purse/clutch or even your pocket (unlike, say, eos balms). But that isn't enough to overcome the shoddy product and terrible smell. Returned it.

on 4/18/2013 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Sticky and wet. Never penetrates inside the lips. And is in a tin so I use my finger to apply? Waste of money, I have lipsticks that are more moisturizing than this lip balm. Bad stuff!

on 4/17/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are so good. Literally my favorite lip balms, and I have a slight obsession with lip balms. They provide moisture, last for hours, and smell heavenly. It's a very thick cream, not waxy at all, not oily at all, the perfect balance of the two. They make your lips baby soft and give you a nice, smooth base for lipstick. They're affordable. I don't mind the tin, which some can find unhygienic, but give it a go yourself before judging.

on 4/13/2013 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Still not sure how I feel about these, even after having all of the scented ones for a month, and multiples at that (I literally have 4 of the raspberry, the scent is addictive!). I don't mind the tin at all, and I love the scents of the products. I love how they glide on my lips and how the product itself feels soft and luxurious, and I do feel like it softens my lips and whatever flake issues I'm having on them, but if I put it on at night, I still wake up with dry lips. I'm not sure if I'll ever find anything that stays on overnight, even vaseline is off by the time I wake up! However, when I wake up after using it during sleep, the dry flakes are much softer and kind of.. peel straight off, like lash glue almost. Overall, I think I like them, and they do help some, but I am still looking for a HG product.

on 4/10/2013 6:19:00 PM

I have the Macadamia and Vanilla lip butter. I love this product! At first I was doubtful because it smelled a little off, but I'm not sure what it was because it got better. The packaging is so cute. It is a little pricey, but I would totally recommend it.

I'm surprised by all of the negative reviews on this product!
Well, I love it. I purchased one in raspberry flavor and it's wonderful. It does give a slight tint to the lips and I actually enjoy it since it works as a primer for my lips before applying a baby pink lipgloss or a nude lipstick.
I will definitely buy more of them in the future.

on 4/9/2013 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in macadamia and vanilla (?), i believe it is. And first things first, the scent is amazing! Usually I don't like vanilla based scents because they can be artificial smelling and overpowering, but this just smells delicious.. but unfortunately doesn't taste too good when you accidentally lick it! So it is basically a creamy lipbalm in a little container, which means you have to use your fingers to apply it, which I am not a big fan of. But since it works I'm willing to get over that. Also, it is quite thick in texture and can leave a white layer on your lips so I tend to only use this at bedtime since it would look a greasy mess during the day. Price-wise, it's about $5ishAUD which is pretty expensive for a lipbalm.. but then again every beauty product in Australia is overpriced!

on 4/8/2013 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

considering I dont care for nivea's lip products at all i decided to take the chance and purchase this because it was so cute. I bought this in vanilla macadamia kiss because it was the only one that my Rite aid had in stock but i absolutely love it so far! The packaging is beyond adorable, I love the little tin and its so easy to open unlike many other lip balms in metal tins. The balm itself is white in the tin but goes on clear when applied to your lips. The smell is divine, exactly like you would imagine macadamia and vanilla together would be like and as a bonus it actually tastes wonderful (just in case you accidentally lick your lips.) and its moisturizes so well, I applied it one night before bed and in the morning my lips were the softest Ive seen them in a long time. However I have only used it a few times and cannot give a proper review on how it is long term. If I feel differently after using it for a week or so I will come back and edit.

Popular Lip Treatments