September 30, 2014 | 2105 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by angelic4296

My first review on MUA and I must say....it's not a positive one. When I tell you this stuff oxidizes...I mean I looked like an oompa loompa about 10 minutes after it settled into my skin. And no, I didn't have the wrong shade because it wasn't INITIALLY orangey - it looked OK at first. Then, about 10 minutes later, I happened to meander by a mirror (THANK GOD!) and...OH. MY. GOOD. GOD. I had to do my makeup all over again because again...the oompa loompa thing. So, the Garnier one made me break out. This one....orange. Maybelline...PERFECTION. Stay away, ladies. Stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by msjohns888

I'm an nc25-30 and I find this bb cream to look like my natural skin. It gives me a glow, medium is the perfect color. I don't mind the texture, I think the beads are kind of fun. I have big pores and acne scars which thick foundations accentuate. This looks good after hot yoga. It's easy, glowy and natural. A little studio finish concealer and sensuous rose Estée Lauder blush and I'm set.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, L'Oreal, why can't you make this glorious product in a shade light enough for us ultra pale girls? The formulation of this BB cream is phenomenal: it evens out the skin tone and truly blurs imperfections like no other...yet it's too dark for me, so I can't use it on its own, as I would like. I use this as a primer underneath my foundation, as it really does smooth out the skin, making for a beautiful makeup application, but this is the only way I can wear this product because without foundation on over it to cancel out its darkness, I look ridiculous. Grant it, it's only a shade or two too dark for me, but slightly orange is not a look I really want to go for. It hasn't broken me out at all and the packaging is great, very hygienic and convenient, and it somehow manages to control oil/mattify while still providing adequate hydration, and it's for these reasons that I gave it a 3. I will probably repurchase just because I love using it as a primer, but god dammit, I just wish it came in one shade lighter! So disappointing. I wish more cosmetics companies catered to the extremes of the skin tone spectrum; porcelain skinned women struggle just as much to find makeup that matches them as those with deeper complexions and it's incredibly frustrating :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by jsche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does its job. It really evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look more flawless. It's not meant to cover up acne or be very heavy. Matches my skin tone well too! Affordable, I got it for about $8 and I think it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Light and while it did cover a purplish scar on my chin, the rest of my face turned orange :(
Love the coverage, but hate the color..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by claudinepalalay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry-normal and this product isn't the best. The price is a bit expensive and the packaging isn't great. The tube leaks the product a lot and it can get quite messy. Also the coverage isn't the best too. It only helps even your skin tone. It's better for oily-combo skin.

UPDATE!
I decided that I would buy this product again because it is really lightweight. However I would wear this bb cream if I were to run for errands or things like that. Not for the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour is quite nice however it makes my skin feel dry and doesn't cover very well.

I bought in Light, it is a little dark for my fair skin but overall is a very OK product, only use if you want it to look like you're not wearing any product, would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mrsstyles11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i don't like this bb cream i feel as if it makes me look older

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

The only "magic" I see is that it disappears... there is nothing to show that this product actually does for the $11 price! I purchased this in the "light" shade, which comes out of the tube in a very thin, almost white consistancy. Once applied, it hardly covers anything and feels dry like a powder. I'm not impressed with this at all, so it's going right back to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Bectasticc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this bb cream! Use caution when choosing the right shade, At first I got it in "light" but it was WAY to dark and orange for me. I took it back to Walmart and exchanged it with the fair shade with no problems. While I don't have fair skin at all I found this shade to be a much better match for my skin color. This product has a fair amount of coverage, for a bb cream. It blurred my imperfections/blemishes and evened out my skin tone. It didn't look oily at all. It was easy to use and blended well. It is also fairly build-able if you have areas on your face that need more coverage. I also really liked the packaging- not messy at all. I would recommend this product only in the fair shade. Personally I think the other shades look too orange. I hope you enjoy this product :)