L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 6/17/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a little sad that this doesn't get better reviews - I absolutely love it!

I've tried several other drug store BB creams and none of them compare to this one. I love how lightweight it is and I find that the color matches me very well. Another plus is that it lasts all day (even on my semi oily skin), which hasn't been the case for many of the other brands I've tried.

When it comes out of the tube it's white, but it changes color once rub it on your skin. I've always applied with my fingers and sometimes blend with a flat top brush. This IS the best summer foundation for me.

on 6/15/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I bought this a few weeks ago, really excited for this to be my "go-to summer foundation", this has by far been the worst bb cream I've ever bought. It's supposed to "form to your perfect color" or whatever, when I put this on it gave me absolutely no coverage what so ever! I see it work so perfectly for people on YouTube, the color actually develops, there's some coverage but with me it just covered my face in sparkles. Perhaps I'm applying it incorrectly but this is definitely a garbage product for me.

on 6/15/2013 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought it in fair, the texture to me felt sandpapery on my skin. Not pleasant to put on my face and I didn't see that it provided any coverup at all. Combined with no SPF, I think this is a pretty worthless BB cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

this is the first BB cream i've tried. it really made my skin look smooth and clear. i have a few acne scars that are still showing (since it's just light coverage) but i let the concealer do its thing. overall, this is a good BB cream especially for oily skin.

on 6/10/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first BB cream I've ever bought and tried, and i'm so happy I did, because I love it! The price is great, the product itself is so light yet gives a good amount of coverage. (I have very minimal acne, so I honestly don't know if this is good for someone with a lot of acne) Anyway, I gave it a 4 out of 5 because the medium is a little too light for my skin color, but it's nothing I can't work with! Deff recommend to anyone.

on 6/9/2013 11:22:00 AM

There have been some good reviews on this product, so I'll just add my two cents. I have lots of foundations in my vanity right now and this isn't one of them. I mean that in a good way. I don't wear this for any sort of coverage at all. It took me several tries of this product to figure out what the best purpose for this BB cream is. I like it on days I want a very light, no makeup look. It does give just enough of a tint to even out my tone, and I'll put a light dusting of my Lancome Dual Finish powder over top of it. Surprisingly, it does have pretty good staying powder and I find that I don't get as oily on my T zone when I wear this. I do have to use my fingers to apply this, usually I use a brush for applying foundations. If you use a brush, you won't break the little color beads in the product, you really need the heat and friction from your fingers. I also have had to experiment with how much of this product to use. I feels pretty dry when it goes on and doesn't seem to smooth out easily (another reason to use fingers rather than a brush). My most annoying thing with this product is that it gets stuck in an enlarged pore in my forehead as the white cream it comes out as, so even after I've thoroughly smoothed it out, there is still a white blob lodged in my forhead. Not noticible to anyone else, but I find myself time after time trying to get it worked out right there.

on 6/7/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first. It made my problem skin look pretty smooth, and it held up throughout the day. Most importantly, my skin didn't look like an oily mess at the end of the day, which isn't something I can say for many products (even ones I really love). However, after about a week and half of using this, my skin started to look bad. My skin texture was rough and the tone was uneven, and I felt like I had to use even more product. (Using the bb cream was the only change to my makeup/skincare.) A few days after I stopped using it, my skin returned to a much better texture. It's the color-popping beads or whatever you call them. When I applied the bb cream, it was tearing up my skin! I tried mixing it on the back of my hand and then applying with a brush, but it wouldn't mix on my hand without blending in (therefore making it impossible to pick up with a brush). Perhaps if you have tough skin or need extra exfoliation, then this will work, but it's not for me.

on 6/6/2013 3:51:00 PM

I love this product. I have been on the hunt for a good, inexpensive primer for a while now and was excited when BB creams started to catch on. With this cream I can use it during the day with some light powder and my skin looks great. For date night I throw just a little concealer on top of it just to give an airbrushed look to my face and I literally look flawless. I have tons of acne scarring and a pretty gnarly scar on my forehead from an accident as a toddler and it even helps smooth that out. I buy this by the boat load lol it sells out FAST around here in the lighter shade.

on 6/6/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This BB cream did nothing for me. It did not conceal or give me any decent coverage and it broke me out a little. The only good thing about this product is the smell.

on 6/6/2013 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am legitimately shocked at the poor reviews that this BB cream has since I have tried so many and this is the only one that has made me realize why the BB cream craze exists. I bought this BB cream because the lovely Kandee Johnson had used this in a lot of her videos and while I wasn't entirely sold on it as a product I decided I would buy it and could return it if I didn't like it. The BB cream was $19 at my Shoppers Drug Mart which is bloody expensive for drugstore but its by L'Oreal, what do you expect? I got it in the shade Fair. When you squeeze the BB cream out of the tube it is this grayish- white colour with little grains in it which are supposed to be the grains that burst and magically transform the BB cream to your correct colour. I honestly think that the claim that the beads burst and transform into your skin tone is BS. I think that they burst, already having a colour inside of them and don't actually transform at all cause I can tell you that this was not a spot on match to my skin which in my case wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't a bad thing because I have a very fair face but my body is a little darker and it did not match to be the colour of my face, the BB cream was too dark and was pretty close to the colour of my body so it did end up matching my body as a whole perfectly, but it definitely did not colour match as it was supposed to (hope that makes sense!). The shade that I got I noticed had more of a warm undertone to it. The product is a little difficult to squeeze out cause the opening is so small which I do not mind because at least you don't end up with a huge mess of product and how I apply it is I just dot it on my face and blend it in my skin with my fingers. The coverage is light of course, as it is with every BB cream but it looks freaking AMAZING. It blurs my acne in the most bizarre but flattering way and my pores look tight and my face looks airbrushed. I have a hard time finding foundation which makes my skin look so incredible! This does dry to a satin finish and it is a little hard to blend because it dries quickly so I definitely recommend using your fingers to apply it so you can keep the product warm for as long a time as possible. I was just shocked at the gorgeous finish this gave, I have only seen a finish similar by one other product and I've tried probably 40+ foundations in my life from one other product and it was the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I still prefer the finish this gives. I really like how when this foundation has set it feels dry on your skin, when you touch your face there is no transfer whatsoever and it doesn't feel sticky like so many other BB creams do. I find that this BB cream lasts on my face for a whole day which I definitely appreciate. This BB cream comes in 5 shade I believe which is a limited selection but since it supposedly adapts to skin tone that shouldn't be a problem. I think this product is absolutely incredibly but definitely do not expect the coverage with this BB cream or any other that you would get for a foundation, if you go in to it with that mindset you will be disappointed. I use this on days where I wake up late and need to run out the door or I just want a really natural yet flawless look. I would recommend it to anyone!