August 20, 2014 | 1461 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, L'Oreal, why can't you make this glorious product in a shade light enough for us ultra pale girls? The formulation of this BB cream is phenomenal: it evens out the skin tone and truly blurs imperfections like no other...yet it's too dark for me, so I can't use it on its own, as I would like. I use this as a primer underneath my foundation, as it really does smooth out the skin, making for a beautiful makeup application, but this is the only way I can wear this product because without foundation on over it to cancel out its darkness, I look ridiculous. Grant it, it's only a shade or two too dark for me, but slightly orange is not a look I really want to go for. It hasn't broken me out at all and the packaging is great, very hygienic and convenient, and it somehow manages to control oil/mattify while still providing adequate hydration, and it's for these reasons that I gave it a 3. I will probably repurchase just because I love using it as a primer, but god dammit, I just wish it came in one shade lighter! So disappointing. I wish more cosmetics companies catered to the extremes of the skin tone spectrum; porcelain skinned women struggle just as much to find makeup that matches them as those with deeper complexions and it's incredibly frustrating :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by jsche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does its job. It really evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look more flawless. It's not meant to cover up acne or be very heavy. Matches my skin tone well too! Affordable, I got it for about $8 and I think it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Light and while it did cover a purplish scar on my chin, the rest of my face turned orange :(
Love the coverage, but hate the color..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by claudinepalalay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry-normal and this product isn't the best. The price is a bit expensive and the packaging isn't great. The tube leaks the product a lot and it can get quite messy. Also the coverage isn't the best too. It only helps even your skin tone. It's better for oily-combo skin.

UPDATE!
I decided that I would buy this product again because it is really lightweight. However I would wear this bb cream if I were to run for errands or things like that. Not for the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour is quite nice however it makes my skin feel dry and doesn't cover very well.

I bought in Light, it is a little dark for my fair skin but overall is a very OK product, only use if you want it to look like you're not wearing any product, would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mrsstyles11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i don't like this bb cream i feel as if it makes me look older

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

The only "magic" I see is that it disappears... there is nothing to show that this product actually does for the $11 price! I purchased this in the "light" shade, which comes out of the tube in a very thin, almost white consistancy. Once applied, it hardly covers anything and feels dry like a powder. I'm not impressed with this at all, so it's going right back to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Bectasticc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this bb cream! Use caution when choosing the right shade, At first I got it in "light" but it was WAY to dark and orange for me. I took it back to Walmart and exchanged it with the fair shade with no problems. While I don't have fair skin at all I found this shade to be a much better match for my skin color. This product has a fair amount of coverage, for a bb cream. It blurred my imperfections/blemishes and evened out my skin tone. It didn't look oily at all. It was easy to use and blended well. It is also fairly build-able if you have areas on your face that need more coverage. I also really liked the packaging- not messy at all. I would recommend this product only in the fair shade. Personally I think the other shades look too orange. I hope you enjoy this product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!!!! I agree that it can be a bit orange but I've never had a problem with it appearing orange on my skin and I'm quite fair. It's a BB Cream. NOT a foundation. While yes, it is buildable, you don't need to shellac it onto your face... Also, not really understanding why people are complaining that it feels like sand??? I have super sensitive skin and never one have the color beads been an issue. Just apply it to your fingers and rub them together to activate the color prior to putting it on your face if its that big of a deal. I use this everyday now under a loose powder for a quick, natural, easy look. Love it. The BB Cream makes my skin look flawless (which is really saying something) and the coverage lasts ALL DAY. You do get color transfer quite easily but just don't go rubbing your face all over everything and everyone (again, don't see why there's so many complaints about that issue either). I got this from CVS on incentive for spend $15 get $5 extra care bucks and I used a $2 coupon and extra bucks to purchase it; got this and a loreal concealer stick for $3. Can't beat that! Loreal is starting to win me over between this product and their telescopic shocking extensions mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kdstevens

I've heard really good things about bb creams and right now they are all the rage. I checked around online to see which was the most loved and it seemed to be this Loreal BB cream. I went to my local drugstore and it costs about $11. Which maybe isn't too bad but it doesn't contain any sunscreen so I feel for 11 bucks and to be a drugstore product...that's a bit high. The tinted moisturizers are cheaper and this is basically a tinted moisturizer. The product itself is white with color matching beads that burst and are supposed to adjust to your skintone when applied. But the color selection is the greatest. I'm usually a light to medium and the light was too dark but the fair shade was too light. I do love the packaging and that it isn't messy. It dries to a powder finish and is pretty soft. However, it is more drying to my skin than using a pressed power. It has little to no coverage and it sinks into every pore on my face. I even tried applying my usual primer first to keep it from sinking in my pores but that didn't work. It only makes them more noticeable. All in all my favorite part of this product is the packaging. I will be returning this product and would not recommend unless your pores are tiny.