December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by HannaBanana73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a decent product. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't awful.
I found the formula itself to be a bit too sticky for my liking...
But overall the BB cream does it's job

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed thoughts on this. Its not a bad product but compared to their claims and all the hype, it may influenced my opinions. I understand that companies have got to grab our attention and make us want that product but come on, with these BB creams, the claims are unreal. I have to say, I'm not a fool, I know there is NO MIRACLE makeup product or any product that is on the market but I expect a few results, even me, who has never had the chance to try a true Asian BB cream so I've used this enough to give my usual wordy thorough review, and here it is.
~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is available in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as mass discount stores like Walmart, Target & KMart. The price is fair. Generally priced around $7-8 depending on location, store sales & discounts or coupons. I purchased mine for $5 at Walmart, since I had a $2 off coupon. Good price but that's relative depending on so many factors.
~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~
Dream Fresh BB Cream only comes in a few shades. Which I've seen that most will find a shade that can work. I purchased shade "Light Sheer Tint". Its the lightest shade available. I was worried since most light shades are too dark for me but this I can actually use alone & not worry that I'm looking crazy with orange dark streaked face. Light Sheer Tint runs more neutral with a slight warm undertone. I have cool undertones and I can pull this off since its sheer & warms up my face a little. Coverage is sheer to light at best. It covers uneven skin slightly and a little bit of redness. I find if you are looking for something to cover major uneven skin or even cover blemishes a little, this will not do that. This I find works best for me as a primer for my foundations to sit on. It helps prep my face & my foundations sit better. With all the claims this claims to do, it falls a little flat. But I don't mind it being a primer or even something I can throw on real fast to run out & not want to look like a ghost. Some people have said it oxidized and turned orange. Even on my super pale skin, I haven't had that issue. This will not cover most blemishes or dark spots. Its def a very light coverage tinted moisturizer. It does moisturize better than Rimmel or Garnier w/out feeling greasy or oily. It soaks and sets w/out feeling sticky or tacky which I like. I think this makes a good primer rather than a BB Cream. If there was a little more pigment to it, it would be better.
~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream comes in a squeezable plastic tube. Its white in color with bright pink coloring that I really like. The shade name is located on the bottom part of tube. The lid twist on and off easily. The tube has a small opening which allows product out easily with no messes, I can swipe off product with nothing going all over the neck of the bottle which makes me crazy. I like the travel friendly packaging. Not too bulky or big. It can go in your bag. But I find that like those before me have said, if you squeeze too hard or the lid goes on with air in the bottle, the next time you open, you may have a disaster of product coming out. I try to be careful by not squeezing to hard ever. It hasn't been a major issue bc I had known about this before. I store it in my container of my other primers & only twice did a little bit come out but I tapped it a little to knock the air bubble out & viola, it stopped quickly. I find its very easy to squeeze out product, a little or a lot, whatever is needed. Its convenient and easy to use & cute. Its not the best considering I don't want to lose the product I paid for so some consideration/attention is needed which stinks a little but no big deal. Not the best but by far not the worst. I'd rather this problem then having to beat my hand black & blue to get something out.
Overall, if you are a person looking for light coverage or something to smooth out skin. Whether you want a new primer/base for your foundation or something to put on skin to go run around, this can be for you. I don't think its a miracle worker but I've found a way to use it. But Rimmel has an amazing BB Cream that I love so I'd suggest that one by far over this. I love that one. Also, WetnWild Shade Adjusting Foundation + Primer is a really nice lightweight base similar to Rimmel w/ color beads that disperse pigments. These two have better coverage than Maybelline & both are priced a little cheaper. I am not super disappointed but I can't highly suggests it nor will I repurchase. Its not a must have product for me but it wasn't a total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LGeddes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the product in light and it is a bit too light but the next darker product was too dark. Although I was disappointed with the colour range the product is satisfying it stays on for 6 hours plus and goes well with my skin. I'm not sure how well it works for people with oily skin but I would recommend it to anyone with normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hcase

This is a decent product. It gives very little coverage with 1 coat, but I wasn't expecting much anyways. It works well when you want a natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Rieadd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really disappointed me. As stated in so many reviews, it never dries and it did make my face super itchy after the application.

I also have quite a fair skin tone and I took the palest of all and still looked like I got out of Jersey Shore. they need to make lighter tones and just remake the whole formula to be honest. It doesn't hide any red spots or pimples /whatever you wanna hide.

So NOT worth buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by MissVandelay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While the colour easily blended with my skin tone, I noticed I was breaking out after just 3-4 applications. My skin was becoming increasingly dry and irritated and after just 1-2 weeks I discontinued use and surely enough my skin settled down and regained its usual dewey, hydrated finish. Naturally everyone's skin will respond differently however sadly I couldn't feel good about recommending this product. I now use Natio Pure Mineral Skin perfecting bb cream which I have had no issues with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading an article about how this is one of the best BB creams, I went out and bought this. I was beyond disappointed. This stuff NEVER dries. It stays in a gross liquid mess and is easily rubbed off. My skin is oily in my t-zone area at the end of the day, so I suppose you could say my skin is slightly oily--but this is just a greasy mess regardless of your skin type. My sister, who has dry skin, also tried this a couple times and it forever sits in a drawer collecting dust now. It feels thick and cakey like a really full-coverage foundation, without having any coverage at all. I like light/medium coverage products mostly, and this product doesn't even give light coverage. It's like a applying a sheer, greasy moisturizer you accidentally bought. My sister had the same experience with this product, and she also complained of the lack of shades (she is very fair and even the lightest didn't do the trick). Ladies, please don't waste your money on such a useless product. If you want an okay bb cream, try the loreal one or the more expensive one by tarte (Amazonian clay). Those are definitely worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Karmelka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do notblike this bb cream at all. Not only makes my face very shiny, it lasts only around hr. will never buy again. Complete waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by queenbeea

I picked this up at the drugstore because I had run suddenly ran out of my Skin 79 Super+ BB cream and decided to try something else since I didn't want to go without BB cream while I waited for the Skin 79 to show up in the mail. At first I thought that it was just okay, more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream, but I have started to notice that I am breaking out a lot since I started using the Maybelline. I am not a fan of the product. Even though it is a nice, thin consistency, and cheap in comparison to other BB creams out there, it does not provide much coverage or any other benefits that BB creams are supposed to have. I am going to go back to the Skin 79 Super+ BB cream as it is just as good as Smashbox in my opinion and has done a lot of good for my skin while providing light coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by kristenmurray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really doesn't do much at all. It is not a bb cream, more of a tinted moisturiser. It is very lightweight and light coverage but I would not recommend this to anyone with oily or combination skin. I have combination skin and this felt like an oil slick on me not long after applying. I really felt like I was simply applying a moisturiser and nothing more. Not impressed with this product. I am going to stick with the garnier bb cream as it is much, much better in comparison.