November 26, 2014 | 845 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Amaze balls! Eons ago my mom had a pretty fantastic lip exfoliator from body shop, but it's since been reformulated. That one wasn't as awesome as elf's, however, which vaguely tastes of brown sugar, and is gentler, more convenient, and much less messy than my homemade version. I'm really tickled with this buy--a real standout in the elf line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When this product first appeared on ELF's website, I scoffed. Who needs one of these when I have my trusty formula of wet brown sugar? I say trusty somewhat hesitantly, because, while it does okay, it's incredibly messy and time consuming.
So when I spotted this little gem at Kmart, I was still rather pretentious and thought it unecessary, but caved and got it anyways.
Thank goodness I did.
Let me be clear, my lips are like the Sahara. They are dry, cracked, and peeling, especially in winter. Nothing, not even my trusted Carmex can save them for very long. Now that you're thoroughly disgusted, allow me to remedy the situation by saying this little $3 product has completely turned my lips' condition around.
I used it without wetting my lips first, for ultimate exfoliation. Then I rubbed the lipstick-like applicator around and around, rinsed it off, and followed it with one of the thousands of tubes of Carmex I've accumulated.
And then...
Holy cheese balls, this product works! My lips felt and looked fantastic! And that feeling lasted for days, I couldn't be happier!
ELF really hit it home with the product design and packaging. I love the lipstick idea, very cute, convenient, and mess-free. And the packaging, in typical ELF Studio Line style, is sleek and expensive looking. Did I mention it smells and tastes like vanilla? I just think that's so thoughtful. When you're rubbing something on your lips, the product is bound to migrate it's scent to your nose and taste to your mouth, so I love that I'm not tasting/smelling some odd chemical combination.
For those paranoid of ordering online, while I didn't see this at Target, Kmart generally has a lot of new ELF products to offer, so be sure to give them a look.
Overall, this is something I recommend to anyone with chapped lips, or just lips in general who want them to look nice whatever the weather.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Princessjebbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product made my lips super soft, and I love the smell. It's one of those products that I really enjoy using.

I have been using this since around Christmas I haven't had horrible cracked lips that I useally get in the winter.

For me this is a must use before bright or matte lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by OHeatherO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this to help with the dry peelies I get from the winter. This may be a simple balm with sugar but it made a huge difference in my lipstick application after my first use. I love the rough texture and the almost plump lips after using it. Good product, dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

LOVEEEE IT! You know when your lips are chapped and cracked and if you apply any lipstick on them it will look disgusting? Well I exfoliate my lips with this and I'm not even joking they are SMOOTH after! Like just beautiful! And then I add lip balm and lip stick on top and it looks so nice! It's a must have. I used up my first one and I ordered two more. It also smells and tastes good, and the packaging is really nice. It looks like something expensive, but it's only $3

HOW TO USE:
- Wet your lips a bit with your tongue, then start applying the lip exfoliator all over your lips. I'm actually quite rough in applying it so that I get all of the dead skin off.
- Take a wet towel or kleenex and just clean off the little exfoliating beads. DONE! It's so easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip exfoliator! No wonder it has 4.8 stars!

It tastes so good I have to stop myself from licking it off. It feels so good rubbing it into your lips, such a nice massage to the lips, and it leaves my lips feeling silky smooth at least one day after application! I applied it at night and the day after I was walking around and noticed the difference in my lips after my lipgloss came off. My lips still felt the same as when I had just exfoliated. So MIRACULOUS!

This is my first lip exfoliator and I can't believe I haven't started using it earlier. My lips feel amazing, like BABY LIPS!!!

<3<3<3<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is one of my few can't live without products - I use it everyday at the moment because the harsh winter weather has left my lips all chapped and peeling, but this stops them in their tracks, allowing me to wear more bold lip colors. Go out and get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My lips are probably my best feature, so needless to say, I have bajillions of lip products. This one is probably my new favorite. I like wearing bold lipsticks, but when winter comes and lips get all dry and peely, bold lipsticks aren't exactly easy to pull off. This product, however, not only tastes lovely, but will get your lips smooth and lipstick ready. And if lipstick isn't your thing, then you'll have the prettiest bare lips ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by katertots

My lips peel like crazy in the winter time and I have tried everything. After a few swipes of this product the dead skin was gone. It smells pleasant and tastes very sweet. This is my favorite product made by e.l.f.!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

This is the best elf product that I've tried. I love to use this when my lips are feeling really dry and peeling, it helps right away! The smell is great, smells like coffee and it doesnt taste bad either. At first when you try it there is a layer of the moisturizing part that you need to get through before the rough beads appear but overall this is a great product for $3 and if you get it 50% off even better!