October 23, 2014 | 1670 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

Background info about my skin: Asian white-yellow complexion. Oily/Combination-- Oily, oily forehead.

I don't like the feel of makeup on my skin. Especially skin make up products. I feel like they really suffocate my face, and makes it feel uncomfortable.
However this actually feels quite light on the skin. So that is a tick for me. The product that comes out of the tube is pretty scary, so I was quite worried. The product is really watery, and came out of the tube really quickly so you have to be careful with the handling of the tube.
Which brings me to packaging. I like the packaging, I do. It's better than the original BB cream packaging I feel. I prefer the minimalist approach. BUT because of the packaging, the product is very runny. Because the packaging is like a thin tube, the product is very vulnerable to spilling everywhere. But I think it's just the formula, not so much the blame for packaging. But they could have thought of better packaging to support the formula.
Also because the formula is quite runny, it's very forgiving on anyone's skin. Meaning, the product can definitely built up. I feel the product is sheer, so it could really be manipulated on your skin. Although, as a BB cream, I feel like this would be more like a tinted moisturiser. BB creams are more opaque, and this could really be used a tinted moisturiser because its coverup is only ALRIGHT. I don't want too much coverage so this is perfect for me. But if you want heaps of coverage... well, you could either try building this product A LOT or look for other options.
The colour of this product is more on the pink side (for those that are asian, like me). My complexion is more yellow, but this product gives me more like a pink shade. It gives me pink, matte skin. Not oily, matte. The colour could be improved, but I didn't mind it because the product is quite sheer.
Lastly, the cost. From memory it's AROUND $12? Not too sure. But I got this 1/2 price from Woolworths. Score. But if I had seen this on the shelf for full price, I wouldn't have picked it up.

I give this 4/5 because I'm basing this off comfort on my skin. It's really important to me for my skin to be able to breathe, and this really pulls that off for me. Colour doesn't bother me too much because it's really forgiving.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I wrote a scathing review for the original formulation. The new one is surprisingly good for me. The texture is softening without being dewy. I get enough coverage to even out my skin tone and it doesn't go flaky or chalky. I would prefer a higher SPF, but overall, great value for money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this then returned it. I have dry, combo skin, mostly dry on my cheeks, oily in the T zone. I got this in Light/Med I think, since I wanted something lightweight to wear to school and on days when I just don't care. The color made was a bit pink for my skin tone. Also, the product is really runny; I applied using a small stipling brush.

Honestly, this was just a very "Meh" product for me. Coverage was decent, wear time was poor, this made my dry skin greasy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

fantastic product so much better than the original version which came out a couple of years ago. Even though I have dry skin I use this one as the shade light actually is incredibly light for a BB cream and with yellow undertones. I am NC15 or lighter in winter, Revlon Buff, Estee Bone, Loreal N1 (all of which are slightly too dark) and this is about the same as these foundations in shade. For a cream it is actually alot more like a liquid foundation in terms of coverage. When first applied it looks slightly too deep and a bit yellow for a couple of seconds but leave it a minute or so and it blends perfectly and gives the skin a lovely sheen without any glitter. Similar to my Lumi Magique foundation which I love but is slightly too orange for me (I have to mix in goth white foundation for it to work on me properly) of course as I have dry skin I need to apply this over a moisturiser and a primer which I use johnsons baby lotion, but this is excellent for day to day wear good coverage and protection for the skin. Give it a try if the previous versions were too dark as it is a score!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this BB cream and use it religiously. It has great coverage and has replaced foundation in my beauty regimen. My skin is a touch oily in the T-Zone, but when I top it with a matte powder, I'm fine for the most part.

The best thing is that I am prone to small breakouts, and this product hasn't made me break out once. It looks great for most of the day and makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by elenaviolets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An AMAZING product! I use this everyday for light coverage for school. I love the fact it has SPF 15 in it and is also fairly moisturizing. Provides good coverage, but for full coverage, concealer and powder definitely need to be used in combination with the BB cream. Does get a bit oily around the T-Zone throughout the day, but overall is a pretty great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Nida007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This BB cream has just arrived in the Pakistani market, I would say the coverage is pretty average,is light, but it leaves a cheap color behind, it hides my poor but i would advice to use a more expensive cream for skin. Might try dior nude BB cream instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Bassiii

First off I loved how dewy this made my skin look and it really made the pores in my oily T-zone look smaller. That being said, this product seemed to cling to any dry patches and made them look flakey. Also when I would sweat or from humidity it felt like it was slipping off my face. After a couple weeks of uses I broke out terribly with cystic acne and zits on parts of my face that don't normally get zits. I even tried this product when it wasn't the break-out-time-of-the-month and it still have me bad cystic acne every time as I have been using this product for quite a few months to test it.
This product would probably be best for someone who isn't acne-prone and be warned when using the product because it has a watery texture so it comes out of the tube too easily but also applies easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Marquesooo

I like this stufffffff. It covers like a lightweight foundation. And it's definitely more matte than its predecessor, which I like. Smells pretty to me! It's a little to liquid-y when it comes of out the tube though, which I don't like. I used it every day until I accidentally left it behind in Reno, and I would've bought it again if my foundation wasn't cheaper to buy. (Cheapo me)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahwilliams1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have few minor blemishes, large pores on the nose and redness around my nose and on my cheeks. I am in love with this product, as a teenager in high school and coming from a school that has a strict no make up policy this product is fool proof. It minimized the appearance of large pores and covered any minor blemishes. It feels like you aren't wearing anything at all! Also building up the product gave me a medium to full coverage which I thought was amazing for a drugstore bb cream. On terms of oil control it did a decent job, I only had to blot and powder once throughout the day at school but in summer with the humidity this product wouldn't hold up for too long. In addition it hasn't made me break out yet. I would recommend wearing this product with a powder as it won't give you a matte finish.