Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 1/3/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this brush. It is soft and compact which makes it easy to place foundation or powder exactly where you want it. The brush does an excellent job at blending in for a nice soft look.

It is about $8-9 US and so worth it. I was lucky enough to buy it during a 50% off sale. It is an excellent brush for those just getting into makeup as you can use it in a variety of ways- to blend in foundation, apply powder or blush.

I highly recommend this brush and I will likely buy another for a backup and for gifts.

on 12/27/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love these brushes so much! I honestly couldn't decide which one to review, but seeing as I use this one the most, I picked this one. This is SUCH an amazing brush! I've had it for almost a year and it hasn't shed YET! Also, it blends flawlessly and feels so soft and light on your skin. I have acne prone skin, and I get those really painful pimples that hurt when you touch them and I'm always super nervous about covering them up. However, the bristles on this brush are so soft, they really don't irritate the pimple at all.

I love Sam and Nic, I watch all of pixiwoo's videos on Youtube and they always show you new ways to use these brushes! I actually learned that eyeshadow brushes work doubletime as concealer brushes from them, and I've been using their domed shadow brush as my concealer brush ever since. These brushes are sooooo affordable and they last for so long, they are a great alternative to mac or sigma brushes, which are much more expensive.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Get it, get it, get it! Whether you're a professional makeup junkie or a complete newbie, get it! This brush is amazing. It is very versatile, so for about $8-9 a pop, you're buying a pretty high quality brush that you can use for almost anything.

I personally like to use this for liquid face products (foundation, tinted moisturisers, etc) and prefer this over most high-end (and yes, more expensive) brushes because this does the exact same thing. I dab my foundation on and then blend using this brush by going in circulation motions. Even after cleaning multiple times, there is no fall out. The material is genuinely soft and I believe the quality is equivalent to even some high-end brands but for half or even one-third the price.

I *especially* recommend this to those who are just starting out in the realm of brushes and makeup. Again, this brush is quite versatile. Although I prefer to use this for foundation, I've also used it for contouring, bronzing, highlighting, and just blending everything altogether. Just do yourself the biggest favour ever... and grab it!

on 12/22/2013 8:21:00 PM

Really soft yet dense brush which is really good for liquid foundation which is what I use. Although it's small it just means better control I really like this brush because it applies my makeup Really well and gives me a flawless finish and my makeup has never looked better. It's really easy to clean also as just a little soap and water cleans it back to it's AMAIZNG original state . Although the price here in Australia is a little steep as it was $15 at Priceline I think it is defiantly worth it I seriously recommend this brush to all you makeup lovers!

on 12/20/2013 6:31:00 PM

I had previously used the buffing brush for applying foundation but this brush totally beats the buffing brush! Its amazing the way my foundation looks after I've used this brush. It blends my foundation into my skin so it looks like I have amazing flawless skin. It is also affordable, super soft and easy to clean.

on 12/19/2013 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Never thought a brush could make such a difference to makeup results until I got this! I always use a traditional foundation brush whenever I wear foundation and it takes time and you have to use certain sides of the brush to get around your nose and eyes. With this brush I can easily get my whole face covered so quickly! It's evenly shaped all the way around and the small head makes it easy to get around the nooks and crannies. Very soft and leaves no streaks on the face....especially if you use a water-based product....it really pushes the product into the skin with less force needed. Very good value for money (just under £10) and I would definitely recommend.

on 12/18/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

BUT,,,BUT...BUT.......This is a great brush BUT I find it's way too small to effectively apply a full face of liquid foundation in a timely manner, especially quick drying foundations like Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl 3-1.

However, for the eye area and any other tricky areas it really is useful. If it were larger, it would definitely be a HG purchase.

on 12/15/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have lots of high end brushes, but I always reach for my Real Technique brushes. I love the prices and the fact that I can walk into Ulta and pick up a few when I need them. I use this brush for my liquid foundation. I buff it in and this brush is great for that purpose-it's dense and shorter so there isn't any swirling around. It gets into areas like under the eyes and sides of the nose well. Washes well. I have two of these at all times. These brushes come highly recommended by me, will continue to buy.

on 12/12/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love LOVE this brush! I mean I really REALLY love it!
I have quite small features, which means getting a larger brush around all the nooks in my face is quite a challenge. Prior to this brush, I'd been using the ELF Powder Brush (the flat-top one) and that brush is lovely and all, but detail work would need to be done with a separate brush.
But the size of this brush is perfect. I'm able to get my foundation (or powder or BB cream or primer because this brush works well with all of them) into every little space. It's even amazing in terms of blending out my under eye concealer.
When I use it for liquid foundation or BB cream, it really helps in creating a quite airbrushed look. I didn't notice any streaks, nor did it absorb too much of the product or cause me to use too much. On the contrary - I find I'm able to use less product with this brush.
It's even great for contouring and blusher due to the tapered dome top.
Doesn't shed, easy to clean, easy to store, impossibly soft and dense, and only $12 at the local beauty supply shop. What more could I ask for? I'm actually thinking I may have to purchase a couple more in the RT line since this one is such a top performer!

on 12/11/2013 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

You simply can't go wrong with Real Techniques brushes. Affordable, durable, soft, and just an all around pleasure to use.I own nearly all of them and the Expert Face Brush is one of my favorites. It's incredibly soft yet dense, making it amazing for blending liquid and cream foundations.I've also used it for cream blushes and highlighters, but I find it's a little too dense for that; it deposits more product than I'd like. It's great for blending out those products once they're already on your face, however.

Although this bush is great at blending out liquid foundations,I especially love the way this works with thicker cream foundations (KA SSE, various stick foundations). It really does all the work for you. I get streak free, flawless looking makeup every time. I apply my foundation in "strokes" first, across the broader areas of my face, then buff over any ares that need blending out. I also use the brush to stipple on areas that need heavier coverage, like my cheeks that tend to be red.

And this brush is so easy to clean. Natural hair brushes are wonderful, but you have to be so careful about what you use to wash them, how you dry them, etc. The synthetic bristles of this brush are hardy and durable, and can withstand even the deepest of cleanings with antibacterial soap. You don't need to use a brush guard to help the bristles keep their shape as they dry. Real Techniques brushes are great for people with acne prone skin, or those who are into theatrical makeup, because they can withstand frequent, deep cleanings without drying out and shedding.

Popular Makeup Brushes