Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 12/11/2013 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

You simply can't go wrong with Real Techniques brushes. Affordable, durable, soft, and just an all around pleasure to use.I own nearly all of them and the Expert Face Brush is one of my favorites. It's incredibly soft yet dense, making it amazing for blending liquid and cream foundations.I've also used it for cream blushes and highlighters, but I find it's a little too dense for that; it deposits more product than I'd like. It's great for blending out those products once they're already on your face, however.

Although this bush is great at blending out liquid foundations,I especially love the way this works with thicker cream foundations (KA SSE, various stick foundations). It really does all the work for you. I get streak free, flawless looking makeup every time. I apply my foundation in "strokes" first, across the broader areas of my face, then buff over any ares that need blending out. I also use the brush to stipple on areas that need heavier coverage, like my cheeks that tend to be red.

And this brush is so easy to clean. Natural hair brushes are wonderful, but you have to be so careful about what you use to wash them, how you dry them, etc. The synthetic bristles of this brush are hardy and durable, and can withstand even the deepest of cleanings with antibacterial soap. You don't need to use a brush guard to help the bristles keep their shape as they dry. Real Techniques brushes are great for people with acne prone skin, or those who are into theatrical makeup, because they can withstand frequent, deep cleanings without drying out and shedding.

on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM

It just doesn't get any better. Flawless finish easy to clean. I won't use anything else.

on 12/10/2013 1:28:00 PM

I just got this brush and tried it with liquid foundation. It works great and also doesn't get stained, after I'm done I don't see any traces of foundation on the bristles so it must all disappear into the skin. Cleaning it is a breeze too. I used mac spot cleaner-just a dew strokes on a paper towel as I was shown at mac makeup counter-and it's all clean. Love this brush and deffinetely recommend!
They did an awesome job with the design and quality, this is the greatest brush for applying liquid foundation!
I own several face brushes from the line, I like them all, but this is the most brilliantly designed brush! I use it every day, and it blends foundation quick and perfect, it's just perfect!

on 12/7/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love this brush, so why only three lippies? Yes it gives a flawless finish with the right foundation and it's easy to use, but it's started to shed like crazy! I own a couple of real techniques brushes that I all bought around the same time and treated the same in therms of washing and spot cleaning and this is the only one that does this. I can pull out a bunch of hairs after washing and while using, it looses a couple hairs every week so I guess this one will be bald soon. Maybe it's just a brush from a bad batch but I feel it should not happen, I would actually buy this again to give it another chance because it really is a great brush but RT should do more quality control because they seem to be lacking lately!

on 12/5/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Incredible brush. I use this to buff in my liquid foundation and it does a great job at giving me a flawless finish. The bristles are soft yet dense. For the price you just can't beat it!

on 12/5/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this brush for a year and it's in great shape. I love how this brush is so versatile and how it blends foundation really good.

on 12/4/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm apparently an expert on using makeup brushes for everything but their intended purposes.

I use this brush for bronzer. Why, I'm not sure but I thought it'd be good for that. It does a great job of getting in the right place and not placing too much product. I like it for that. I haven't tried it for foundation at all. I have a few flat-top brushes for that.

on 11/27/2013 2:35:00 PM

I love this brush! Makes my Estée Lauder and Mac foundation look amazing! Flawless, smooth and even, if you want a more natural look then buffing with this brush is also very easy, end up with a flawless finish every time. Also very easy to clean and doesn't take too long to dry either. Purchasing another one soon as a back up just incase! I've also seen the brushes are currently on offer in Boots f anyone is interested 😊

on 11/19/2013 6:28:00 PM

So disappointed in this brush.
I heard great things about it making your foundation look flawless so I had high expectations for it.

Made me look pasty, rubbish and did nothing for my make up

Really unhappy that I invested time & money into it :( :(

on 11/19/2013 1:00:00 PM

I just recently purchased this brush at Ulta to apply my Revlon Colorstay Aqua mineral makeup after applying my Revlon Colorstay Foundation and it is AWESOME! This brush applies my make-up in smooth and even manner. I would definitely recommend!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products