NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 1/1/2013 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

AMAZING product. I got matched with the shade Alaska and it covers my redness and unevenness very well without looking fake. I have acne prone skin and I get oily throughout the day.

Also, I noticed after I started using this product, my skin looks better than ever.

I am NC 20 and I use Alaska. I have sensitive, clog prone skin but this is gorgeous on me. When I wear this it just looks like I was blessed with beautiful skin.

ALSO, when I remove this at night I can see the product on the cotton pad, meaning my skin didn't drink this up.

Please vote up if this was helpful to you!

on 12/28/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I got this in the shade Seychelles med/dark 2. The shade matching is fine, maybe would have preferred it to be slightly darker, but only by the smallest amount. For reference I am Caramel 400 in revlon colorstay (combination/oily), warm almond in bobbi brown and roughly an NC50 in MAC (slightly to dark for me).Its an ok product, light coverage but can be built to a medium coverage which is pretty good for a product branded as a tinted moisturizer, it feels and works more like a light coverage foundation.
The finish is very luminous and but not dewy which would make this a very good product for those with oily skin. For refrence I have normal skin with some dry areas around my nose.It has a slightly thick consistancy, like a traditional liquid foundation. It actually remids me a alot of the YSL le tient touche eclat foundation, but the shade selection is much better for me as I could't find a good shade match in YSL (their shades were wack).
My biggest gripe with this is the smell. Its stinks, I could really smell the scent when I had it on, I'm really bad at describing smells but it's this really odd fragrance, like a nasty strong perfume. I put it on and for the next two hours I could smell the fragrance and it made me nauseous. This however might be just me, as I am sensitive to smells.
Personally for me this product is pretty average, after all the hype I didn't really get blown away by it. Its pretty expensive for what it is and I don't think I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Could there be a nicer TM? This is exactly my dream; SPF 30 for winter, lasts long on (no primer, no sunscreen so far), somewhat mositurizing, and sheer to almost moderate coverage. It has more coverage then say the LM or BB TM, but it's not a fdtn. I always, always wore fdtn to cover my "flaws" then realized....,I don't have any and this is just making me look so much older! I am NC25 and got Alaska. It's a neutral/warm, but the next one up is St. Moritz and it's just terribly orance. Alaskea could be darker for me but it really is just close enough as it's not heavy.

on 12/19/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail. I work in the industry, every day, with that said, I have to wear a full face every day. This tinted moisturizer allows me to look presentable without feeling like I have too much caked on. I've experimented with many different brands (Laura Mercier, Dior, Smashbox, just to name a few), this is hands down the best for light- medium coverage for oily-combo skin. Dior turned me into an oil slick. Laura Mercier would separate on expression lines for some reason. Smashbox was too heavy for an every day tinted moisturizer. Then one day, I went out on a limb and purchased this bad boy. My. Mind. Is. Blown. Oil free beautifulness. This tinted moisturizer gives such a beautiful glow without shimmer or any of those fillers that "radiance" claiming products are usually full of. It just looks like skin. I will say though, the shade range is very much on the warm side, and I wear Alaska, with a slight discrepancy that I don't mind blending out for the formula, I just wish there wasn't such a huge gap between shades and there were more neutral tones. I wear this with a primer on days I need it to last longer and I set with my Sephora Mattifying Compact Foundation, seems to give me an amazing finish.

on 12/13/2012 2:42:00 PM

I really wanted to love this, but alas, it's going back.

Price: At $42, certainly not drugstore-level pricing, but in line with other high-end TM's, like BB or LM.

Packaging: My tube came with a broken top. I ordered direct from NARS.

Product: I normally use BB TM in XL Tint, so I ordered this in Finland, even though on the screen it looks very pale. I was surprised to find that it blended evenly into my skin and did not look unnatural. It has a nice finish, and provides good coverage for a TM, pretty well masking the reddish pigmentation in my skin. It also has a slightly fruity smell, not at all unpleasant. Bonus points for the high SPF.

So what's the problem? I also have very dry skin, especially on my T-zone, for which I heavily moisturize and exfoliate. Unlike BB's TM, this product seems to cling to, crease in and settle on all of my dry areas, particularly my cheeks, nose and forehead. I don't know if this is due to the OF formulation or if it's something else in their product. It's only noticeable when I hold a hand mirror right up close to inspect, but no matter.

on 12/13/2012 1:34:00 PM

I returned a mismatched foundation to Sephora and picked up this tm in Alaska for my exchange. I had heard and read nice things about it on the board and I haven't been disappointed. I love that Nars shades come yellow enough since that's the way my skintone leans. I think it's perfect for the winter months when my skin is more prone to being dry. Coverage is what you'd expect from a tm, it's pretty light and isn't for someone who is seeking out full or heavy coverage or has a lot to cover up on their face obviously. It moisturizes nicely and gives me a very pretty glowy look without being over the top or greasy. The shade match is also perfect (alaska/nc25) for me. The only thing I don't like is the price, $42 for a tm seems a bit $$ to me but considering all the pros, I would repurchase because it's a great tm and excellent shade match. The only other tm I've used in the past is Laura Mercier's and I have to say Nars tm is above and beyond hers. (They are the same price IIRC).

on 12/12/2012 9:30:00 AM

This is one of the best TM out there. It moisturizes like crazy which is what I appreciate in the dry winter months. It makes your skin glowy without being greasy and the coverage is much more than most TMs but not as much as foundation. I use the St. Moritez shade which is pretty much medium golden. Pretty expensive for TM but a little goes a long way.

on 12/10/2012 4:09:00 PM

I loved this so much but it broke me out in horrible cysts. It's been a few weeks and my skin still hasn't fully recovered.

on 12/10/2012 3:58:00 PM

So my skin is combination-oily in the summer, and combination-dry in the winter. It's acne prone, sensitive, and it's got acne scarring. A friend of mine suggested I try this out, and it's the best thing I ever put on my face!

The texture is light and smooth, but there's enough pigment that I only need light setting powder to hide any scarring. I'm still using the sample they gave me from Sephora, but even that's lasted me three days so far. A little goes a lot with this product.

I had to set it with a bit of powder, but that's probably because I used a moisturizing primer before, although given that it's winter, it's not a big deal.

The price sure puts a dent in my wallet, but I don't mind. I hardly need anything else with this on.

I was really excited to try this -- but it's quite emollient (yes, I know it's called a TM...) so much that it makes my combo skin incredibly greasy. The color selection runs very warm -- I was between the two lightest shades (NC20) and both appeared orange-y in a test swipe. I had high hopes since I love SG by Nars...but they were dashed.

Top Rated NARS Products