November 27, 2014 | 985 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

Skin: Dry around the chin, nose, and a little on the cheeks. Fair-medium
Color I brought: Alaska
Formula : Thicker than Laura Mercier
Package: Less messy than Laura Mercier

Lately my skin around the cheeks has redness, so I needed something to cover it. I also have a lil discoloration. The formula is a little thick and it spread out very easily. It cover my flaws pretty well. However, the price is so expensive!!!!! Even though is a moisturizer, I recommend everyone to use moisturizer before the TM. Go Sephora and ask for a sample before you buy it ^^ I would rebuy this again, unless I find something else better. & NO NEED TO USE A PRIMER, this last all day! 10 hours for me!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by daintydaisy

Soooo bummed by this one! Looked so lovely and natural, great shade selection and sheer but buildable coverage...until it gave me some of the worst breakouts ive ever had. I'm prone to a couple every now and then but this literally made half of the pores on my face clog up into raised red bumps. Worst breakout I've had from a cosmetic product for sure. If you're acne prone, test it out on a small patch of your face so you avoid this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I no longer recommend this product. I noticed after several hours of wear, the product oxidized on me and gave me a masky look. I will not repurchase.

I love this tinted moisturizer. Much more than Laura Mercier's. The coverage is buildable, especially when applied with a flat tipped brush. It stays on all day without primer and it looks really natural - you with a healthy glow. I use Alaska.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Catten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to log into makeupalley to review this product - it's that effing good.

NARS - please never change the formulation of this product! I do think the colour range is a bit limited, so feel free to expand on that! :)

I initially tried Cuba for my NC42 skin, found annapurna to be a better match. I have crazy combination skin - can get very oily in my t zone, also have excema around my chin (so can get very dry). Super sensitive. Love how this TM moisturizer feels - lightweight and comfortable (can't even "feel" it sitting on your face), and hasn't broken me out or irritated me to date. Love that it has sun protection, but not heavy or sticky like a lot of sun protection products seem to be.

Has coverage like a light foundation, and is indeed radiant. Use a light dusting of setting powder in my t zone to get me through a full day.

For those complaining that it's not moisturizing enough - I really don't see this as a problem given the multiple hats it can wear. I really don't want my TM to become an oil slick by the end of day, and am more than happy to layer on additional moisturizer as need before application.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kikosaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only had this TM for a week but am already in love with it, I was colour matched to Alaska, which suited my NW20 skin tone perfectly. Since my skin is generally quite nice, I only apply this product over my nose and chin using my fingers. It is tinted enough to cover my slightly red nose and the blemishes on my chin but feels barely there. I use a light suncream underneath (to protect the parts of my face that I don't use it on) and my Shu Uemura loose powder over the top-- the TM doesn't need powdering down but I like how my skin feels with it on. I am from Australia, so it was exorbitantly priced ($68)-- if you can afford it, buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by clamster

From NARS I am shade BARCELONA in their Sheet Matte Foundation Formula and their Powder Compact SPF 12 Foundation. For the Tinted Moisturizer I am shade ST. MORITZ (Medium with neutral yellow undertones). I have slightly sensitive combination skin. I definitely recommend this! It's broad spectrum sun protection that's oil-free, fragrance free, and non-comedogenic! I originally went to sephora to try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but the lovely sales lady said she personally liked this better and gave me samples of both and I have to say I like this one better. It's absorbs well, doesn't make my skin look to greasy, my skin feels like it can still breath and you get more product for what you pay and a less greasy feel compared to the LM one. I have been using this for about a month and it has not given me any skin problems. I have had the MAC SPF tinted moisturizer for a while but I prefer this due to the higher SPF and the fact that it feels more moisturizing. I apply this with my fingers and it takes some blending around because it's pretty liquidy but it absorbs well. It has a very very slight suncreeny smell which I absolutely hate but the smell is not a problem. It's pretty pricey but worth it!
PROS: Broad Sprectrum SPF, nourishing ingredients, sheer (but not too sheer) color, a little goes a long way.
CONS: small color collection, expensive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC30 and use MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark to set it. I have combo skin.

It smells nice, offers SPF protection, light coverage and evens skintone. My skin feels softer when i use it and it's quite hydrating. The color blends outs and hides the redness in some areas. If you have discoloration you will definitely need a concealer under the tinted moisturizer. The finish is satiny (even if the MSF natural applied). I love the product and i would recommend trying this over a heavy BB cream. I feel this product combines their luxury skincare line with their famous Sheer glow foundation.

Price - higher end but cheaper than laura mercier and stila on a per ml basis.

Packaging quality - i love squeeze tub, flip cap with a small opening. Allows control of the product coming out. It's a shorter, flater tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lam0018

This product is amazing. For someone who hates the bother of applying more than one product in the morning, this is so awesome. I don't even have to bother with moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning anymore and this perfectly evens out my very uneven skin tone and makes me look radiant. I love that it is free of so many bad chemicals as well- being a lover of all natural, organic lines.

Personally, this never made me break out... but everyones skin is different I suppose. It smells nice, like lemon cake, and applies as easily as a moisturizer. The coverage is pretty good, fairly sheer, but covers minor imperfections. Overall, I am going to continue to repurchase this! Especially because I find it hard to find a good quality tinted moisturizer that does NOT have mica in it- because I hate sparkly products that advertise that you are wearing makeup.

Thank you NARS for a wonderful skin-saving product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite Sephora SA gave me a sample so huge, I could easily wear it for 10 days if I wanted! I wanted to love this, but alas, this tinted moisturizer irritated my skin. The effect is beautiful; once it sets, it's practically undetectable. It makes my skin look very fresh and hydrated (as it should!) and just pretty, with a touch of a sheeny glow. Right after it set, I truly felt like I'd applied nothing at all. However, about five minutes later, I felt like my mild rosacea was flaring up slightly on my cheeks. I could start to see some redness growing from underneath the TM, even though they'd been pinky-pale right before application. Another five minutes after that, I noticed some itchiness between my eyebrows and around my eyes where I'd applied it. I haven't applied any other products to my face, and my skin had been fine all day before using this product, so I know it's the NARS. Huge bummer, considering that Finland was an ideal match for my NW15 skin. After one application, I'm tossing my sample, because I really can't afford a breakout, and I feel like regular use of this product would lead to skin problems.

This is the second face product by NARS that I've used that's given me trouble, the first being their Smudge Proof Eyelid Primer. I'm thinking that girls with super sensitive skin need to be really careful with NARS face MU, or just stick to color products instead.

ETA: My skin has been great and I never get blemishes. I have a really painful zit beneath the skin on my cheek now, and my face still feels twitchy! This stuff really messed me up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I got a sample of this at sephora and tried it out. Loved the finish and how natural it looked! I am not sure of the lasting power though because I broke out within a couple hours. It has Algae Extract which is supposedly a highly comodegenic ingrediant. Unfortunately I cannot use this =(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No