April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bos101

It seems to be a very nice product in it's texture, but I have found the shade that was selected for me 'Alaska' (I am NW20 in Mac/Deauville in Sheer Glow) just seems to make the colour of my skin look a flat yellow colour. I have only worn it a few times,so I plan to try it with a variety of blushes/bronzers etc to see if I can lift it a little, but I would'nt have thought that was the point to have to use other products to stop it looking so flat. I much prefer Liz Earle's tinted moisturiser, that's amazing for me (medium shade). I'll keep trying this and hopefully I'll be able to come back and ad another lippie. I'm a little disappointed though, not with the texture, just the colour range.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sparrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I really do. I have been on the hunt for years for something this light, and that has SPF in it that doesn't break me out. I hate the feeling of makeup on my face, and for that reason, every moisturizer with SPF I have ever tried has felt way too heavy for me. I'm so glad I tried this product because it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's light feeling, it has enough coverage for my clear, but dry skin, and it has a pretty good SPF! It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I have tried a lot of products and this is the only one with SPF that I have been 100% satisfied with. The only drawback (and why I only gave 4 lippies) is that the range seems best suited for people with yellow undertones to their skin, so someone with pink undertones might not be able to find a good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by leahrenae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is something I use daily. It's great for my dry skin (super moisturizing), blends very well, and stays on me all day (I usually lightly buff MAC MSFN over it). I chose the color 'Cuba' which matches my skin perfectly. Definitely something I'd purchase again. It's expensive, but I believe it's worth it. You don't have to use too much to get a nice coverage, which is sheer since it's a TM. great for summer time or when you don't want a lot of coverage.

I think the color selection is vast...especially for women of color. Sometimes it's very difficult to find a shade match. With this, however, most woman of color should be able to find something that works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved how this didn't break me out, had spf in it, and gave me amazing coverage, but it made me super oily! I looked as if I had rubbed cooking oil on my face. Not a pretty look. Good thing this was just a sample. I hope they come out with a matte version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I have been using this for 5 days and so far so good. I was given samples of Alaska and St Moritz. The Alaska is perfect on me. I was having problems with dry, flaky skin. This gives me a dewy glow. I put some Smashbox Halo on top and it looks very natural. I love the spf in it! I will update if anything changes, but I will buy some as soon as they get more in! For people who are breaking out, it could be the Algae extract. I usually break out pretty fast, so I am hoping I will be okay. Update June 15th. I was using a BB cream for awhile, but I still have lots of sample left of both Alaska and St Moritz. Both look good and I am really loving this product! I will buy when the samples run out. You have to love Sephora for their generous samples!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by chelab90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Prior to using this product in Martinique, I was using Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer in Deep. This product is far superior IMO. While the BB Tinted Moisturizer slid right off my skin, this seeps right in leaving my skin feeling buttery smooth and moisturized. I find the lemony scent pleasant and not too overwhelming. I really enjoy using this product on those nights when I would like a little more evenness, as I don't use foundation. Even when I'm dancing the night away, I find that this product doesn't slip with sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! Purchased "Alaska", texture is silky, smooth, lovely! No perfume-y scent and improved the look and feel of my skin. Doesn't feel like I have makeup on and very easy to build in areas where a little more coverage is needed. I like this much better than Laura Mercier TM. Excellent for dry/sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sparklingBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this product in Seychelles and I am VERY impressed by the texture/appearance. As a person who doesn't wear a lot of make-up, I like the fact that this product is really light. I wish it was more moisturizing however, this product works well with the Clinique moisturizing products I am using (I live in a cold climate). I do have acne scars on my forehead. While this product doesn't cover all of them, it does a good job with creating a more even appearance. I have noticed the spots in the centre of my face are lighter. I'm hoping this product works well in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Early 20s female with dry/sensitive skin, prone to flaking and congestion. Majority of flaking is concentrated on forehead and eyebrows, and occasionally nose; mild seborrheic dermatitis is suspected. Skin tone is medium to dark and warm (East Indian).

Hooray! Pure Radiant is one of the best foundations I've found for my skin type. Prior to Pure Radiant, every foundation and tinted moisturizer I've tried has left my skin looking cakey and dry and has accentuated flaky patches. No matter how moisturized my skin is prior to application and how sheerly I applied the foundation, my skin always looked aged and dry. The best fit I had found prior to PR was Clinique's Almost Foundation (discontinued), but even that left my skin a little cakey (although not flakey).

Pros: Pure Radiant is the FIRST foundation/TM that has not left me looking like I'm wearing 10 layers of powder and cream on my skin. This foundation/tinted moisturizer manages to not aggravate the appearance of flakes as well as blend seamlessly into the skin. The sheerness allows the foundation to be built up in layers and is perfect for those of us who prefer more natural looking coverage. The actual foundation has a liquidy-smooth consistency and, in my experience, is easier to smooth onto the face and blend in than other liquid foundations. The finish is a natural yet glowy (but NOT sparkly at all) finish that looks like real skin but illuminated. (Again, there is NO shimmer/iridescence so you don't have to worry about looking like a disco ball in direct sunlight.) I preferred applying this with my fingers rather than a brush, but both will work with good results. As far as I can tell, no breakouts related to this product.

Cons: Color choice. Oh lordy. I purchased three colors: St. Moritz, Annapurna, and Cuba. All three lean heavily warm. Annapurna and Cuba are very similar in color, but Annapurna is more orangey whereas Cuba is more yellowy (and just a bit darker). Annapurna was the right shade for me in terms of darkness, but it was wayyyyyy too orange on my skin. Cuba looked a little better, but it was a bit too dark.

The jump from St. Moritz to Annapurna/Cuba is HUGE. Granted, these are really sheer foundations so they tend to blend in and match even if your actual skin tone is different, but NARS *really* needs to put out at least one or two shades between St. Moritz and Annapurna. I also noticed that if you mix two shades together, it doesn't apply as seamlessly as it would if you applied each color on its own. YMMV though.

Finally, the coverage can be lacking if you have moderate-to-severe acne. I broke out recently (unrelated to Pure Radiant, I'm pretty sure) and I have found that Pure Radiant isn't providing me enough coverage anymore, so I haven't been using it lately.

Afterthoughts: While I'm currently hunting for a new foundation with more coverage now that I'm all spotty, I am still giving this 5 stars because this foundation does so many things excellently and I can completely see this being a great choice for someone with similar skin as me. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by ambersmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS:
- decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer
- not cakey
- blends well
- doesn't break me out

CONS:
- made me look more oily than I actually am!!!!
- shade Alaska was too orange for my skin tone
- Expensive

WIll not buy again for the simple fact that it made me look like a grease ball