Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 9/27/2012 4:30:00 PM

This oxidized on my skin - I was a full shade darker by mid-morning - and I don't even have oily skin! The coverage and finish are fine, but I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of shade for this. The packaging is not so great, given how expensive this product is. The little cap doesn't fit securely onto the tube, and the orifice is jagged and seems too small for the formula. I will be returning this.

on 9/26/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a little biased because I never tried a bb cream BUT that's due to lack of yellow tones in other bb's. So that being said, this stuff is pretty decent. I do get oily but I like that it matches me well. NC30 color I bought light. However, if you have really light skin I believe you might have some issues finding a correct shade. They are limited. I do set it with either my banana powder or elf hd powder. It's perfect when I get lazy and I don't want to mix in my sunscreen with foundation and put a primer on.

on 9/24/2012 3:00:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. It is an all-in-one which tries to do many things - mattify, moisturizer, prime, etc. When I first tried it I applied it like a moisturizer and the results were really bad. On the second try, I applied it like a foundation with a sponge and it looked great. It seems a little drying which is odd because the finish is dewy, almost pearl-y. Coverage is pretty minimal but my skin glows when I apply this correctly. Wear is average as is the priming capabilities. It's a fairly decent effort from Smashbox. The REAL downside is the price. Pretty pricey for such a small tube.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.

on 9/17/2012 1:16:00 PM

This is one of the better performing BB Creams that I've tried out. It doesn't give me that grayish cast that a lot of western BB creams tend to do. Even though I liked it, I feel like this performed a lot like a tinted moisturizer though so I'm not sure what is so special about it yet.

on 9/10/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got a sample of the smash box bb cream in light at Ulta. It is amazing! It is like a foundation, primer, etc And a little bit goes a long way.

I usually have to lotion, prime, foundation, veil, blush.
With this product (I was suppose to use lotion before but I didnt') I just put it on. It's thick like a tinted moisturizer but covered my red and (non-whithead) acne like a foundation and powder.

I still see my acne but without the redness. My skin feels silky smooth with this product on. When my sample runs out I am definately going to puchase.

It's $39.00 at Ulta. I say the price is a 3 because no it's not a $10 drugstore brand but it's also not a $50+ department store cream.

I think if you don't need lots of coverage (wrinkles or giant acne) and just want something quick to throw on before you run out the door this is it! Otherwise this would make an awesome product to go under your mineral makeup or a powder.

on 9/6/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color: NC30, ELDW 'Tawny'

I bought this bb cream in light. I actually like this product..days when i need more coverage i put this under my foundation. With one layer of this it conceals my blemishes pretty damn good. It makes my skin look really dewy even under my full coverage foundation. It makes my skin really supple and soft. I really like this product. This is my first bb cream I've ever tried. Some say its not and its more like a tinted moisturizer. Whatever it is... i like. It is really quite expensive..at $39.00. I ELDW foundation retails for $36.00. Conceals my red acne spots real good! i would definitely repurchase again.

on 9/5/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

So someone raved about this on YT as being better thatn the Maybelline BB cream. She stated that it was more like a foundation and gave a matte finish. My opinion is it does give a matte finish but if I wanted a foundation I would buy one. Although this cream does look great when it goes on, I found that it did not last all day. It probably lasted about 5 hours used with my MSFN. I didnt expect it either. I looked at my face throughout the day and I looked like I just woke up. Thank goodness I just got a free Sample and did not buy.

on 9/2/2012 8:35:00 AM

This bb cream has to be one of the best ones I've ever tried! For those reading this remember bb cream isn't meant to give you full-on coverage but to provide skin benefits and give you that 'natural' look anywhere!

The formula is thick and 'balm-like', its very smooth and easy to blend.

It moisturises, primes, perfects, protects and controls oil, it has SPF 35 and a variety of basic colours to choose from.

It does controls my oil, hasn't broke me out (its non-acnegenic), no fragrance and dermatologist tested.

Remember bb creams are AMAZING for girls who have decent skin, want light weight feel, little coverage but more of skin benefits and just a on the go look.

THIS IS HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!

It works well for me and a little goes a long way, a size of a pea is all you need! Use your foundation brush, then blend with fingers for a seamless look!

The packaging is alright, not cute but professional and classy looking. It'll be a lot more better if it had a little tube so its very precise when it comes out.

But I do recommend it and remember its a bb cream NOT a foundation.

Hope this was helpful! Xox

on 8/31/2012 4:30:00 AM

The coverage wasn't quite good enough for me- I could still see red spots. Also it felt a little dry in some areas. I had to mix 2 colors to get a shade that matched my skin well. It didn't seem worth purchasing.