April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought one, then I went back and bought another. It's definitely a balm like chapstick, with a bit of shine. I find these to be mostly colorless (I chose the 2 with the most color, the mauve and plum), and even so, they are barely tinted. I do have dry lips though constantly, so I am a big fan because I hate ugly lipbalm packaging.

Let's just say, I'm happy to shell out the $3 for packaging, $3 for content, which is about what it's worth. I think that says it all.

The revlon lip butters have much more color, as well as dimension and sparkle, thus making revlon more similar to high-end gloss/balm sticks like dior. However, I think the revlon packaging looks a little cheap. Since these are pretty to look at and more goof-proof, I don't mind the reapplication without a mirror aspect. Scent is a minimal vanilla, not obtrusive unless one is uber sensitive to that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. Another slippery, greasy, oily lip product that is too sheer to wear alone, but can't be layered over lipliners or lipsticks because it makes any other products slide right off your lips as well. I tried this over a heavy quite waxy lip liner, a lipstain, and a long wearing liquid lipstick. All of them, without fail, broke down and disappeared within an hour.

I don't even like this kind of consistency in the lip products that I apply before bed to use as softening and treatment agents. I sure don't want it on my lips when I'm trying to look polished and put together. It just looks like you had a hot and heavy makeout session with a tub of vaseline or a rack of ribs. Yuck.

The only good thing I can say about this product is that the package is cute. Bulky and unnecessary...but cute.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by j0m0

Initially I bought this because the packaging is pretty and I wanted to keep it in my purse. I love it! It gives a nice, healthy glossy look. The pink satin has a nice shimmer and doesn't have much color, which I like. I wear a lot of eye makeup and prefer a very natural lip, this gives me just that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased the revlon first, was unimpressed then on my recent trip to my local CVS i saw these. The color I got was nourshing nude and since my lips are already very pigmented, it looked like my lips only better w/ an incredible amount of shine and just a smidge pinkier. It's a great balm and that would be the only use for it IMO. As far as a lipstick goes, I would like something w/ more pigment, therefore I would not reach for this if I were going out.

Other than that, it's a great product and thumbs up to Loreal for coming up with more innovative products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in "Nourishing Nude" and honestly expected it to be another "lip butter" like Revlon's. Whereas Revlon's Lip Butters are more like moisturing lipsticks, L'Oreal's Le Balms are more like glossy, tinted balms. Nourishing Nude imparted only the slightest pinky nude color to my lips.I would imagine someone with highly pigmented lips might not see anything other than shine on their lips. While I am happy with my purchase, these aren't really pigmented enough in my opinion. I've collected 7 of Revlon's Lip Butters, but won't be purchasing additional shades of the Le Balm. It's not a bad product, I just prefer more color and variety of shades.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these. Pink satin took my tinted balm virginity. Which is a beautiful pink which is pretty colorless when actually on my lips. But they feel good and packaging is nice and I'm not usually someone who cares about that. BUT the limited edition sundays by the scene is by far my most favorite!!! It's a blue that shows up just enough on my lips that non makeup days are perfect for. Not to many limited edition drug store products that I get upset there not permenant....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up since I couldnt find revlons lip butter. overall, this is just ok. it has a slight cotton candy scent that disappears once you apply it and it tastes like sunscreen (it has spf 15 which is nice). i got the shade "nourishing nude" which isnt a nude but more of a mlbb color without shimmer. the color doesnt really show up on my lips, it just leaves a hint with a suble shine. the texture is ok, it has a little slip. i was looking something more with a balm feeling with more pigmentation. overall, not worth the 8 something i paid for. i could get the same look from a cheap gloss with not much pigmentation or shine. wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I put this product under lip treatments because even though it looks like a lipstick, it's actually more of a lip balm like the name suggests. Most of the shades are a light tint and it has shea butter, rose oil, and argan oil in the ingredients. I chose Plush Plum because it's the most pigmented. Update: I keep buying these because I'm addicted to the shade Rose Elixir. It goes with everything and gives a soft pink rose tint to your lips. On me these last long enough to keep my lips soft. The oils in it nourish your lips instead of sitting on top like a typical balm. If you have problems with basic balms not working during the winter, give these a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by louser92

I do prefer these ones instead of the revlon one's although i love those ones too. I feel that these L'Oreal ones are more moisturizing. Alsto for me there is no taste or smell. I purchased mine at a CVS for $8.00.

I do have to admit that it is on the sheer side and it is way more glossy then the Revlon one's. If you are a person who likes just a tiny tiny hint of color these lip balms will be a hit...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This are more moisturizing IMO than the Revlon butters. Unfortunately they do not have the color payoff that Revlon has. Extremely sheer and you can taste the SPF in the balm. They are not horrible, but I do wish they were more pigmented and didn't have the chemical taste.