August 1, 2014 | 1882 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

I like this product! I bought the plum shade for around 6.99 CDN on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have pigmented lips and pale skin- it's a very subtle pinky berry shade. It's much more moisturizing than Maybelline's Baby Lips and better quality. That being said, the plum shade seems the most pigmented and it's not much. It might disappoint those looking for color. I would definitely repurchase this particular shade, likely not others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG this product makes me gag!! I bought this because I love the Revlon Lip Butters. There are eight colors, 4 of which are too warm for me, Pink Satin was way too light . Rose something was out of stock, so I was left with Tender Mauve (which I bought) and a plum which I didn't. Thank God I didn't buy both because Tender Mauve is going back. The color is fine, mauve with some shimmer to it, but the SMELL is horrible. It has a sunscreen odor to it which makes me ill! Stick with the Revlon unless you don't mind the smell!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I thought I was sold on Revlon Lip Butters until I tried L'Oreal's LeBalm. I picked up the color in Rose Elixir to go with my fair, yellow-toned skin. I love L'Oreal's version because of how sheer it us. Rose Elixir leaves a really beautiful rose color gloss to my lips. My lips are not very pigmented at all (they blend in with my skin), so any color shows up on my lips. This is effortless and pretty all in one package. I'm sold. Oh, and it actually moisturized my lips. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these in the darker red colors because I figured they would not be very pigmented. They add the perfect amount of color to my lips and moisturize too. For reference I also have the Revlon Lip Butter's, but while those are more pigmented I felt like they dried out my lips. I would purchase these again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought one, then I went back and bought another. It's definitely a balm like chapstick, with a bit of shine. I find these to be mostly colorless (I chose the 2 with the most color, the mauve and plum), and even so, they are barely tinted. I do have dry lips though constantly, so I am a big fan because I hate ugly lipbalm packaging.

Let's just say, I'm happy to shell out the $3 for packaging, $3 for content, which is about what it's worth. I think that says it all.

The revlon lip butters have much more color, as well as dimension and sparkle, thus making revlon more similar to high-end gloss/balm sticks like dior. However, I think the revlon packaging looks a little cheap. Since these are pretty to look at and more goof-proof, I don't mind the reapplication without a mirror aspect. Scent is a minimal vanilla, not obtrusive unless one is uber sensitive to that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. Another slippery, greasy, oily lip product that is too sheer to wear alone, but can't be layered over lipliners or lipsticks because it makes any other products slide right off your lips as well. I tried this over a heavy quite waxy lip liner, a lipstain, and a long wearing liquid lipstick. All of them, without fail, broke down and disappeared within an hour.

I don't even like this kind of consistency in the lip products that I apply before bed to use as softening and treatment agents. I sure don't want it on my lips when I'm trying to look polished and put together. It just looks like you had a hot and heavy makeout session with a tub of vaseline or a rack of ribs. Yuck.

The only good thing I can say about this product is that the package is cute. Bulky and unnecessary...but cute.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by j0m0

Initially I bought this because the packaging is pretty and I wanted to keep it in my purse. I love it! It gives a nice, healthy glossy look. The pink satin has a nice shimmer and doesn't have much color, which I like. I wear a lot of eye makeup and prefer a very natural lip, this gives me just that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased the revlon first, was unimpressed then on my recent trip to my local CVS i saw these. The color I got was nourshing nude and since my lips are already very pigmented, it looked like my lips only better w/ an incredible amount of shine and just a smidge pinkier. It's a great balm and that would be the only use for it IMO. As far as a lipstick goes, I would like something w/ more pigment, therefore I would not reach for this if I were going out.

Other than that, it's a great product and thumbs up to Loreal for coming up with more innovative products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in "Nourishing Nude" and honestly expected it to be another "lip butter" like Revlon's. Whereas Revlon's Lip Butters are more like moisturing lipsticks, L'Oreal's Le Balms are more like glossy, tinted balms. Nourishing Nude imparted only the slightest pinky nude color to my lips.I would imagine someone with highly pigmented lips might not see anything other than shine on their lips. While I am happy with my purchase, these aren't really pigmented enough in my opinion. I've collected 7 of Revlon's Lip Butters, but won't be purchasing additional shades of the Le Balm. It's not a bad product, I just prefer more color and variety of shades.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these. Pink satin took my tinted balm virginity. Which is a beautiful pink which is pretty colorless when actually on my lips. But they feel good and packaging is nice and I'm not usually someone who cares about that. BUT the limited edition sundays by the scene is by far my most favorite!!! It's a blue that shows up just enough on my lips that non makeup days are perfect for. Not to many limited edition drug store products that I get upset there not permenant....