December 19, 2014 | 1685 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this in 118 Pink Satin on a drugstore run this morning. I really like it! I always wanted to do a bubblegum pink lip, but it's just not for me. This gives me the satisfaction of buying a *very* pink looking lip product, but it goes on nice and sheer. It looks garish in the tube but on my (naturally fairly pigmented) lips it shows up as a hint of a playful pink. I like the tube it comes in as well, it's cute, and it was loose in my purse all day and the lid did not come off. It has a mild lipstick-y smell and no taste.

I just LOVE tinted balms. I don't like glosses very much these days, so I do a tinted balm instead. I like that they're low maintenance and I can re-apply without a mirror. Needless to say, I've tried many. This one is fairly impressive! The color lasts for a decent bit and it feels pretty good on, but the texture is a bit greasy. It's not sticky

My only qualm is, this does not measure up as a lip treatment. You won't be throwing away your Aquaphor/Carmex/Rosebud Salve/etc. for this one anytime soon. It will keep your lips soft and won't dry them, but if they're already chapped and flaky this will look a hot mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lucjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i was interested in these when i saw them because the colours were a little more natural than the revlon lip butters that i have. thought i would like the revlon lip butters, but they were too much colour, were drying my lips out and would emphasize chapped lips. i instantly loved them when i put them on my lips. i love that they are more sheer because its so much easier for everyday wear. i don't like to wear gloss all the time, but chapstick is too boring. this is right in-between and perfect! super moisturizing, good packaging and really pretty for just a day at school or night time for a party. plus it has spf! definitely re-purchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Dractylcat

The color goes on way too sheer. I thought at first it was just nearly the same color as my lips, but I put it on the back of my hand and it left no color what so ever.

Thinking it might be good to just wear for the moisture I wore it anyway, but it lasted 15 minutes at best. I even went out of my way to not touch my lips and drink from a straw.

It's such a slippery texture, it does not work well over other lip products and cannot be layered. I definitely won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have these in Rose Elixir and Tender Mauve. I'm also expecting Nourishing Nude soon in the mail. Thus far, I'm really liking these. These are nothing like the Revlon Lip Butters in my opinion. Also in my opinion, this is a good thing! I didn't like the gunky mess that I found the Lip Butters to offer. I actually found them drying, and the weird opaque color was just not attractive on me at all (despite trying a few diff colors). The Loreal balms are moisturizing, and the color is very sheer. However, I do note a difference between the two colors I have in terms of texture. Rose Elixir does not have shimmer, and has a very sheer creamy slick feeling - which feels really moisturizing and nice. Tender Mauve has some subtle shimmer, but it seems to change the texture of the balm - it is more tacky and sticky, and not nearly as slick and moisturizing as the Rose Elixir. The Tender Mauve almost looks like a more balmy sheer version of MAC VGV. I like these and the sheer color they offer. For the price - these are nice little tinted balms! EDIT: Nourishing Nude is my new fave MLBB color. This is really a perfect color for my lips, and I really like the feel of these balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ktassop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This balm is very lightweight. The color is sheer. Nice packaging. Not sure if it moisturizes, I don't notice any difference. It stays on my lips for about an hour. Need a balm with a little more staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 318 Heavenly Berry. It's a sheer, cool-toned, berry pink. Very little color payoff, just a hint, which is nice sometimes. Very moisturizing texture. Overall I really like it and would purchase other colors too. Love the cute packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Nourishing Nude and it turns out glossy clear. Great as a natural low shine gloss. I love it and its super moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

I like this product! I bought the plum shade for around 6.99 CDN on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have pigmented lips and pale skin- it's a very subtle pinky berry shade. It's much more moisturizing than Maybelline's Baby Lips and better quality. That being said, the plum shade seems the most pigmented and it's not much. It might disappoint those looking for color. I would definitely repurchase this particular shade, likely not others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG this product makes me gag!! I bought this because I love the Revlon Lip Butters. There are eight colors, 4 of which are too warm for me, Pink Satin was way too light . Rose something was out of stock, so I was left with Tender Mauve (which I bought) and a plum which I didn't. Thank God I didn't buy both because Tender Mauve is going back. The color is fine, mauve with some shimmer to it, but the SMELL is horrible. It has a sunscreen odor to it which makes me ill! Stick with the Revlon unless you don't mind the smell!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I thought I was sold on Revlon Lip Butters until I tried L'Oreal's LeBalm. I picked up the color in Rose Elixir to go with my fair, yellow-toned skin. I love L'Oreal's version because of how sheer it us. Rose Elixir leaves a really beautiful rose color gloss to my lips. My lips are not very pigmented at all (they blend in with my skin), so any color shows up on my lips. This is effortless and pretty all in one package. I'm sold. Oh, and it actually moisturized my lips. I would repurchase.