October 31, 2014 | 1430 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have these in Rose Elixir and Tender Mauve. I'm also expecting Nourishing Nude soon in the mail. Thus far, I'm really liking these. These are nothing like the Revlon Lip Butters in my opinion. Also in my opinion, this is a good thing! I didn't like the gunky mess that I found the Lip Butters to offer. I actually found them drying, and the weird opaque color was just not attractive on me at all (despite trying a few diff colors). The Loreal balms are moisturizing, and the color is very sheer. However, I do note a difference between the two colors I have in terms of texture. Rose Elixir does not have shimmer, and has a very sheer creamy slick feeling - which feels really moisturizing and nice. Tender Mauve has some subtle shimmer, but it seems to change the texture of the balm - it is more tacky and sticky, and not nearly as slick and moisturizing as the Rose Elixir. The Tender Mauve almost looks like a more balmy sheer version of MAC VGV. I like these and the sheer color they offer. For the price - these are nice little tinted balms! EDIT: Nourishing Nude is my new fave MLBB color. This is really a perfect color for my lips, and I really like the feel of these balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ktassop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This balm is very lightweight. The color is sheer. Nice packaging. Not sure if it moisturizes, I don't notice any difference. It stays on my lips for about an hour. Need a balm with a little more staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 318 Heavenly Berry. It's a sheer, cool-toned, berry pink. Very little color payoff, just a hint, which is nice sometimes. Very moisturizing texture. Overall I really like it and would purchase other colors too. Love the cute packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Nourishing Nude and it turns out glossy clear. Great as a natural low shine gloss. I love it and its super moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

I like this product! I bought the plum shade for around 6.99 CDN on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have pigmented lips and pale skin- it's a very subtle pinky berry shade. It's much more moisturizing than Maybelline's Baby Lips and better quality. That being said, the plum shade seems the most pigmented and it's not much. It might disappoint those looking for color. I would definitely repurchase this particular shade, likely not others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG this product makes me gag!! I bought this because I love the Revlon Lip Butters. There are eight colors, 4 of which are too warm for me, Pink Satin was way too light . Rose something was out of stock, so I was left with Tender Mauve (which I bought) and a plum which I didn't. Thank God I didn't buy both because Tender Mauve is going back. The color is fine, mauve with some shimmer to it, but the SMELL is horrible. It has a sunscreen odor to it which makes me ill! Stick with the Revlon unless you don't mind the smell!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I thought I was sold on Revlon Lip Butters until I tried L'Oreal's LeBalm. I picked up the color in Rose Elixir to go with my fair, yellow-toned skin. I love L'Oreal's version because of how sheer it us. Rose Elixir leaves a really beautiful rose color gloss to my lips. My lips are not very pigmented at all (they blend in with my skin), so any color shows up on my lips. This is effortless and pretty all in one package. I'm sold. Oh, and it actually moisturized my lips. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these in the darker red colors because I figured they would not be very pigmented. They add the perfect amount of color to my lips and moisturize too. For reference I also have the Revlon Lip Butter's, but while those are more pigmented I felt like they dried out my lips. I would purchase these again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought one, then I went back and bought another. It's definitely a balm like chapstick, with a bit of shine. I find these to be mostly colorless (I chose the 2 with the most color, the mauve and plum), and even so, they are barely tinted. I do have dry lips though constantly, so I am a big fan because I hate ugly lipbalm packaging.

Let's just say, I'm happy to shell out the $3 for packaging, $3 for content, which is about what it's worth. I think that says it all.

The revlon lip butters have much more color, as well as dimension and sparkle, thus making revlon more similar to high-end gloss/balm sticks like dior. However, I think the revlon packaging looks a little cheap. Since these are pretty to look at and more goof-proof, I don't mind the reapplication without a mirror aspect. Scent is a minimal vanilla, not obtrusive unless one is uber sensitive to that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. Another slippery, greasy, oily lip product that is too sheer to wear alone, but can't be layered over lipliners or lipsticks because it makes any other products slide right off your lips as well. I tried this over a heavy quite waxy lip liner, a lipstain, and a long wearing liquid lipstick. All of them, without fail, broke down and disappeared within an hour.

I don't even like this kind of consistency in the lip products that I apply before bed to use as softening and treatment agents. I sure don't want it on my lips when I'm trying to look polished and put together. It just looks like you had a hot and heavy makeout session with a tub of vaseline or a rack of ribs. Yuck.

The only good thing I can say about this product is that the package is cute. Bulky and unnecessary...but cute.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No