L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

on 1/26/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an impulse buy at CVS, as I love buying and trying new glosses. Regular lipstick is often too drying and thick for me. I have the Tender Mauve, which goes on me as a light sheer pink, and the Plush Plum, which is a darker pink. I like it because it is very easy to use and goes on just like chapstick, very moisterizing with subtle color. Don't have to squeeze liquid out of a tube. I love the colors, however I do notice that after a while the color is still there, but my lips dry out some. It doesn't sit and stay thick and shiny on your lips like liquid gloss. At least not on my lips. But it's not a big deal, I just re-apply. I would have given it five lippys if it kept my lips hydrated for longer.

on 1/26/2012 12:48:00 PM

I really like the way this product feels when you apply it to your lips its very smooth and moisturizing right away and thats a great feature for a balm like this one. A friend told me about this and i purchased heavenly berry, i have to say the color is beautiful and it deffinitely feels great putting in on i dont worry about it drying up and us girls all know thats a wonderful feeling, its not thick and that makes me so happy, i love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Since I already own 4 Revlon lip butters and I heard these were similar, I only ended up getting two to try, Tender Mauve and Heavenly Berry. I did like the Revlon lip butters since they were pigmented but I do likes these better even though they are little bit sheer. I'm in love with the Tender Mauve, which looks more mauve in the tube but on my lips comes off beautiful pinky nude color, your lips but better with warm mauvey undertones. Revlon lip butters are smooth but sometimes accentuates flakey cracks on your lips if your lips are dried out. L'oreal balm does a better job and moisturizing my lips and doesn't feel as thick as the Revlon lip butters. I wish it lasted on my lips longer..

on 1/26/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this. It goes on smooth and moisturizing. It's true that it is very sheer, but that is what I like about it! I probably have the lightest shade - Nude - and it just adds a little something for a casual look. I can't wait to try some other colors!

**I just bought my second tube of the Nourishing Nude. It's very sheer but adds nice color. If these are ever discontinued I am going to buy 10 of these!!

on 1/24/2012 5:02:00 AM

I bought this in Plush Plum. This is the darkest color in the range, and definitely has color to it. I probably would have purchased a lighter color if I hadn't seen how sheer the swatches are first. Plush Plum gives my lips a really flattering and subtle plummy shade with a hint of shimmer. I'm not at all a bold lipstick wearer, so this was just the right product for me. It is very similar in consistency to the Boots sheer lipsticks, which I love.

I've tried a bunch of the Revlon lip butters (Pink Truffle, Tutti Frutti, Raspberry Pie and Cherry Tart) and they were oddly TOO pigmented for me! They were also quite drying and turned strange colors on my lips - most Revlon lip products do that to me. Though the products are similar and seem to compete, I think they're aiming for distinctly different markets. The L'Oreal is the more sheer, everyday product, while the Revlon is the bold, bright, colorful product. There is room for both! :)

The packaging is so pretty ... except for the stupid little L'Oreal tab that all their lipsticks have. Very minor annoyance. I like the gold tone and sheer cap, and the thinness of the tube. Specifically compared to the Revlon product, I find it easier to open the L'Oreal because the base is deeper. The Revlon base is very shallow, and I have a hard time gripping it tightly enough without also gripping the cap.

Oh! and the smell. It had a very light whiff of that typical L'Oreal lipstick scent when I first got it. After a few days and more use, a very nice, extremely subtle vanilla smell came out. That sure surprised me, because I once left a regular L'Oreal lipstick out without a cap for 4 days and it still stank!

on 1/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

I bought this in Heavenly Berry (318) and Rose Elixir (218). I went back and forth between this and the Revlon lip butter. I decided on the Loreal Colour Riche Balm because it was a bit cheaper and had Argan Oil and Shea Butter in it. I had hoped the SPF 15 would not give a strong scent or taste, but the scent was too much for me.

My second complaint is that the color was way too sheer. Neither showed up on my lips. I bought two shades in case Rose Elixir did not show up, in hopes that Heavenly Berry would show up.

The texture is okay. I don't feel like it does anything to improve the condition of my lips, but instead acts as a sort of creamy mask. The positive, it did not enhance any flaws my lips had (like dry spots or flakiness).

I'm going to try Revlon lip butters. If those do not work for me I'll go back to wearing chap stick/lip balm under my MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick.

on 1/22/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in Plush Plum, which I think might be the deepest shade in this line. I had heard that the color payoff with these was not as much as the Revlon lip butters, so I went with the darkest color they had. Plush Plum definitely has color payoff. It's not opaque or super crazy or anything like that, but it *definitely* shows up against my pale coloring. It shows up more than I was expecting, and I think it's really pretty.

I appreciate that these have SPF 15, which the Revlon lip butters do not. I have not noticed a smell or taste. Plush Plum does not seem to have any shimmer in it.

The consistency is smooth and thin but not watery. Nothing sticky. The balm seems to adhere to my lips pretty well, I'd say lasting a couple of hours without eating/drinking. My lips feel relatively moisturized during wear and still look and feel soft for quite a while after the product wears off.

I said I would buy again because I like it and want to try one or two other colors. I took one lippie off because nothing is perfect and I have a small gripe about the packaging - it looks nice but you have to put the cap back on in a certain direction to fit like a puzzle piece with the other half. Small, small gripe.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Caring Coral. Very sheer with not a ton of pigment or color payoff however it feels great on my lips - quite moisturizing. Best with a neutral lip liner to give it a bit of YLBB pizzaz!

on 1/22/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not sure I'd repurchase these simply because I have so many lip products, but I said "yes" for the sake of the review rating. In other words, I don't regret the purchase and feel they're worth a shot. I purchased Caring Coral, which looks like a peachy-coral shade in the tube but just barely shows up on my lips. I wasn't expecting much color, as I knew these were tinted balms, not full-color lipsticks, but I was expecting a bit more pigmentation. However, if you want just the slightest hint of color, than these are a good option. Feels nice going on, has a slight scent that fades quickly (sort of a sweet smell). They do taste like sunscreen, and for me personally, it's unavoidable to get a bit of that flavor from time to time, even when I'm being careful not to lick my lips. Lasting power is pretty poor. I feel like even without eating or drinking, I need to reapply after about an hour. As a result, I see this product being used up pretty quickly--and I haven't even used it all day, every day. I don't notice that they dry my lips, but they're not super moisturizing--about average for a lip balm. More for maintaining lips than treating very dry lips. I like that the lid clicks solidly but isn't hard to remove. (The style of Revlon's Lip Butters are horrible as far as removing the cap goes--for me, anyway.) The shade of the lid helps you recognize the colors if you have multiples, but it also looks a bit cheap. Grab one or two if you're curious.

on 1/18/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Saw this on sale so i bought it in "caramel comfort" which is a nice nude peachy color, i loved the packaging so i figured why not. when i swatched it on my hand before purchasing, it wasn't the most moisturizing or shiny but i liked the color. when i tried it on, the smell and taste was horibble. its pretty overpowering, so much so that im going to return it. overall i wouldnt re purschase, or keep for that matter.