September 19, 2014 | 1615 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jmusacchia65

I bought the revlon airbrush mousse foundation because I wanted something lightweight with a medium coverage as a foundation. While in the store I made the decision to get the lighter shade (shell) rather then the next shade up (nude). I'm really glad I did because it matches my skin tone perfectly. When it comes to purchasing this product i would really suggest going one shade lighter then you normally think you would buy. Also you need to blend the foundation quickly or it can have a streaking effect, but as long a you focus on one part of your face at a time in should be an issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got his a week ago n have used it several times I'm NC 30 in my Mac foundation ..... I feel like a lil goes a ling way n I apply it w a stippling brush and love the look I like the glow it gives my skin ( i don't think it's too much glitter ) lol I do have to set it w my Mac setting powder but all in all it's works pretty good when I don't wanna use my good Mac foundation ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Revlon's originally PhotoReady so when I saw this in stores I had to purchase it. Honestly this foundation was horrible!!! This foundation refuses to blend or melt into the skin and looks so streaky and sloppy. Plus the shimmer in this product is super concentrated and absolutely obnoxious, instead of providing illuminating and glowy results I looked this like a disco ball. Provides sheer to light coverage whereas the originally PhotoReady delivered more light to medium. Honestly this foundation was a super let down and has made my 10 ten list of shameful epic fail foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cocogirl717

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation...the smell was horrible. It smelled like mildew. When I returned the product to CVS the sales associate also agreed that it smelled musty & like mildew. The coverage was average, but I could not get past the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I am a make up junkie tried and true and I hold no loyalties unless a product has proven to be superior. I admit for drugstore cosmetics I am partial to Revlon anyways but ya, this stuff has amazing coverage, looks so dewy and is awesome. I recently tried Rimmel 25 hour and loved it too, but this new Airbrush Mousse has taken the first place position now. xoxoxo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I bought this in Vanilla because that's what color I bought my original Photo Ready in. This is much lighter than the original. I had the idea to use this as a base or primer, and it looks incredible with my other foundation on top. Makes you look like a porcelain doll! I will repurchase this as a primer only. The coverage by itself is a VERY LIGHT coverage. It doesn't look like I have any makeup on when I wear it by itself.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product, I really did. I got suckered in during a Walgreen's trip. The concept seemed neat and the packaging looked nice. I paid $15 for this at Walgreen's, which IMHO is high for a drugstore product, but about half of what I'd typically pay for a department store/Sephora foundation. Anyway, the product dispenses out of a top pump and looks exactly like hair mousse - a light, airy mousse. I'm an NW15 in MAC and I bought this in vanilla. When I applied it to my face, I freaked because it looked so pale. It is medium coverage and I had a hard time blending it well. I applied it with my Sigma F80 and buffed it in pretty well, then topped with Clinique blended loose powder. For the record I have "good" skin with no major issues, and I keep it exfoliated and well-moisturized. I don't have flaky areas or huge pores or any of the normal things that cause foundation to stick to them and look bad. But yet somehow, this one found a way. Somehow this foundation managed to settle into my pores so I have beige pindots all over my entire face 7 hours into my day at the office. Maybe it would work better with another application method? Nope, tried that and no dice. Also, I prefer matte finish makeup and this definitely isn't it. I didn't notice much shimmer or glitter, but it is very "dewy" even after powdering. The one thing I did notice is that this stuff is waterproof and would stay on probably even during deep sea diving. I pumped it onto the back of my hand to stipple & buff onto my face, and I had to really scrub my hand to get the remainder off. So, staying power is pretty good. I hate to say it, but I have to agree that this foundation is a gimmick and overall poor quality. I won't repurchase - in fact, I returned the bottle to Walgreens!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think I have ever purchased a product worse than this foundation! I did not find sparkles in the foundation, but it applied splotchy, was greasy after 3 hours (I usually don't get oily), and didn't cover anything. I first tried this with a LM skunk brush, but it applied blotchy and uneven. Then, I tried a sponge with less luck. It also slightly burned my skin upon application, and I have tough skin with no sensitivities. I am returning this to CVS due to the application, coverage, and how it made my skin oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of course since its new I HAD to try it. I always buy drugstore makeup from CVS since they have a 100% guarantee return policy. Lets just say I will be taking this back as soon as I can. Horrible color range. It applied nice with my beautyblender but I dont care for the glitter at all. I will be sticking with my Colorstay foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: It was cold weather when I first tried this. It's a little warmer weather and this slips and slides on my face! I spoke too soon.
Update: I have to take off a lippy for the heavy feeling later in the day. I really like this the first few 4 hours, but later in the day it feels heavy on my skin once my oils kick in. It doesnt control my oil the way ColorStay does.

I love this foundation. The microscopic size glitter does not bother me at all. In fact, I love it because I feel it is one of the reasons it makes the special airbrush glow. My skin is ultra oily and dewy foundations dont work for me. This has a dry texture once applied on, and as long as I blot three to four hours, it looks flawless. It's good medium coverage. And I love how it's so easy to spread and blends seamlessly into my skin. I like to apply my foundation with my fingers. I'm able to have more control with no splotches. This is fabulous for pictures and evening nights out. Also for overcast cold days. I'm interested to see how this will hold up in the Vegas Summer heat.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No