April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by heybumper

I was very excited to try this product because the concept seemed neat. I am extremely fair and purchased the vanilla shade. Overall, the shade matches very well. I applied it this morning around 5:30 AM on freshly scrubbed skin with a layer of moisturizer and a layer of the photoready primer. I finished it off with some Clinique powder foundation and some Physician's formula shimmer powder. Coverage at first was fine.

It is now 12:30 PM and I just felt my face and it felt gritty. I've been in my office all day, not sweating so I went to check and see what was up. What I came to find was that I am splotchy and look like I've been wearing makeup for significantly longer than I have been. I normally don't look this bad until about 9 PM at night, if that.

As soon as I can, I'm returning this to Walmart. This ain't going to cut it.

Also, I have to say that the foamy can is not a good idea. One tiny squirt and you've got far more makeup than you need so it gets washed down the sink.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sheba363

I should have listened to the reviews on here! This really does have a ton of glitter in it. While I did like the consitency and thought it was a nice idea, the pump dispenses too much too quickly and makes a mess. I also had tiny sparkles all over my hands. I'm not a huge fan of a super matte look, so I really didn't think some shimmer would bother me, but this is just bizzare. Also, even with a brand new stippling brush, this was hard to blend in and really seemed to accentuate any dry or flaky patches. It's going back to Ulta today.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a sucker for new products. And a sucker I truly am when it comes to this product.
It's nearly impossible to control the amount of product when you hit the nozzle. Generally, I find I get enough for about 4 applications. Once applied, it's streaky, it doesn't spread nicely and gets caught up in dry skin....it offers little coverage yet somehow looks like a mask. It's very unnatural which is only applified by the fact you get no even coverage.
It's pricey-around $17 at Walmart in Canada and frankly, a terrible product.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation, not this. HOWEVER, I feel like I have to warn you girls. Revlon Photoready in general is HORRIBLE. I used to wear it all the time with Revlon Photoready powder. I honestly thought it was great. That is, until I went out into the sun. It was summer. My parents told me that I looked like a vampire from Twilight! I looked in the mirror and I saw that they were right. This is the same foundation in a spray can. Trust me on this.

PROS:
None.

CONS:
-It is way to glittery inside the bottle and on the skin. It made me feel like a disco ball.
-It highlights all dry skin.
-It looks unnatural.
-It is bad quality.
-Not very good coverage.
-The powder is way too powdery. As in, it looks like someone threw baby powder on your face.
-The liquifying matte is just HORRIBLE. The makeup pad you use to apply it spreads germs. The matte is just too bad for words. It looks so unnatural.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by HoneyT

This makeup is for smooth perfect skin, no flaws like acne or wrinkles. After only a few hours it was cakey. The second time I tried it I used less thinking that would help. Still cakey and clumped up in the flawed areas of my skin.

My skin is fair so I chose the fair color. It has a yellow tone to it. It was not until I was out in the sun looking in my car mirror until I realized the GLITTER in this makeup. It was everywhere and I felt Iike I was supposed to be in costume for a kid's play or something.

Coverage was minimal on my blemishes so I had to use another product to even out my skin tone. I did break out but not sure if it was from this product or from pms.

I took a 2 day break from this makeup and my skin was much better with my old foundation.

There is no doubt the advertising got me on this one. The idea of airbrushed makeup in a cheap product had me buying it. Will not use any more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

This runs lighter then the standard Photoready foundation. I'm Shell in regular Photoready and that's what I bought this in but it took a LOT of work to get it to look decent. I finally decided to try a step deeper and bought nude which is a perfect match for my nw20 skin and now I LOVE it. Gives decent coverage, evens out skintone and wears very well. I think this will be perfect for oily skin too. I'm normal. For dry skin I'm thinking it will accentuate flakiness. Especially if you use a too light shade. The key here is getting the right shade. Go a shade up. It is lighter then the color on the can. I will be buying this again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

3/7/12: This is HD status for me! Now that I have the correct shade (rich ginger), I absolutely love this. Usually, I can't wear a foundation everyday without it either irritating my skin or me not being satisfied with the results or wear of it. This one, I've been wearing basically everyday since I picked this shade up in the middle of Jan. (certain days I switch up to the MAC Match Master when I want full coverage). I'm on my second bottle of this & I've NEVER finish a foundation in my life until this one. I don't find the shimmers as noticeable in the darker shade that I purchased, unless the sun is right on me & I don't mind it. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really love this foundation & will continue to use it.

update: 6/10/12: just purchased my 3rd bottle of this last night, which means I must really love it because this is the ONLY foundation that I've actually had to restock. I haven't used my other foundations enough to need to repurchase. Still loving this!

update: 1/31/13- my favorite foundation. i find myself always going back to this, even when i give new foundations a try. i get compliments on how nice and radiant my skin is whenever i wear this. i really like how well this blends out & this is buildable. doesn't look cakey at all and gives a nice radiant glow to the skin. i like to dust some MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder over top of this to set it. my go to foundation for work.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by faeriegirl0707

I didnt like this at all. The concept sounded really cool but it doesnt cover well, and it doesnt last.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by croc101

Interesting idea, but it wasn't how I thought it was going to be. It is really just a liquid foundation that comes out differently. It is lighter than regular photo ready but it has just as many sparkles. Not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This foundation would probably work better for young, oily skin. However if you have any flakiness, line or pore issues it certainly accentuates the flaws. There is a learning curve to application but my results did not improve with expertise. The sparkle only shows up in direct sunlight but to me is still a negative. I can see I might like this better if I had different skin so I am not surprised there are some positive postings. The color Vanilla was a very good match for my NC15 skin. Be aware that this contains boron nitrate, although it is pretty far down on the list of ingredients. EDIT: I returned this to Ulta with no problems.