July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is quite comparable to Mac Paint pots. They both last just as long and are the same texture. I think the color tattoo is creamier. It's also like 1/3 of the price when you get it at target.

The color is perfect for most skin tones. I like to use this alone on the crease. It lasts the entire day without UDPP. Sometimes I add more neutrals from the UD naked palette.

Best drug store find ever. Everyone needs at least one.

Btw I also have the fall 2012 limited edition in gold shimmer and rich mahogany. They unfortunately don't compare with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this color! I feel bad for my other eyeshadows because I wear this so often. The color is great for me(blue/green eyes, auburn hair, fair skin) and so easy to apply, plus I haven't had any issues with creasing. I use this day to day for a quick look, just applying with my finger, but I also like using it for night looks. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone, and this color in particular. I bought some for my sister and she also loves it. I have some other colors in this line but I don't wear any of them as often as Bad to the Bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color. I use it on top of my tightline and it provides more dimension to my eyes. This product lasts and does not transfer once it's set. I am impressed with the quality of this product from Maybelline. This product is a testament that we don't necessarily have to fork over a lot of money to get good quality beauty products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by AllisonTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually never thought i would like this product, let alone use it but when i saw an ad for this in a magazine, it looked like a cool thing to try. I didn't have many cream eye shadows, i wasn't used to them. But this actually blew me away. I use it for a base or just on its own.

PACKAGING- not the best packaging. the packaging is very small so its hard to get it on your fingertips. and it isn't very sanitary either.

PIGMENTATION- is amazing! a little dab on both fingers go a long way for a beach, sun-kissed glow. it is very build able and because of its "tattoo" texture, its easy to spread.

TEXTURE- because of its "tattoo" texture, it dries really fast and becomes hard and dry but in the jar, its very creamy.

STAYING POWER- It stays on all day and all night for me, it dries fast and doesn't budge and that is a good thing for me since my eyeshadows never stay on without a primer.

PRICE- It was fairly cheap at my local drugstore. I don't remember the exact price though.

Overall, this a very good pigmented and cheap cream eye shadow for everyday use but could be builded up to become a night time eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous taupey bronze color with silver shimmer. The finish is a metallic sheen, which I love. I hesitated to purchase this product because I have very cool tones to my skin and was concerned about orange undertones, but the color is enough on the neutral side that I think it would work on a variety of skin tones. I have hazel eyes and this is a great color to bring out the copper/gold flecks, really making my eyes pop! I wore it on a night out with no primer and by the end of the night, about six hours later, it hadn't creased and it still looked vivid even though there was minimal fading. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and consider this to be a staple in my collection. Oh and I agree with the other commenter who mentioned that on the lid, this looks very similar to Wet N Wild's Nutty. I think this product would also work great as a base to bring out the color in other eyeshadows, or if you have an eyeliner brush, the staying power is so good that I bet it would look neat as a liner color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by softballmari27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

holy crap. ok so my lids have to the most oily lids on earth. and everything creses. i decieded to pick this up cuz ive heard so many good things. so i put a thing layer of thisaround 9:30pm the other night. i woke up and it looked exactly the same with no primer! i wore this to softball pratice and it still stayed on! love this stuff! cant wait to wear it tmrw for my first day of school!!!!! love this stuff and never creases! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by vforvilde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the two Color Tattoo 24 HR products that I picked up when I was in London in May, and it is the one that I like the most. The other Color Tattoo I bought was Eternal Gold (UK)/Bold Gold (US). As I only own two Color Tattoos, I can only compare them to each other, and I don't have any opinion about the other Color Tattoo products.

I love the colour, the wear, the application and that it doesn't crease on me. In addition the price isn't bad at all, very inexpensive in my opinion. There's shimmer/glitter in this product, but it's very finely milled, a bit more milled compared to Eternal Gold (UK)/Bold Gold (US), in my opinion. The only con-side of this product is that it might be a bit unhygienic, since it's in a jar. Otherwise it's all good.

Overall I really like this product and I would repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

This is PERFECT! I had tried the Bold Gold color tattoo and wasn't completely satisfied with the color despite really liking the product itself. This was the second color that I wanted to try and I am so happy with this! This is a bronzey-taupe color that's slightly more on the taupe side. It's shimmery without being TOO shimmery and it's perfect for everyday wear. It looks very natural on the eyelids and adds just a little bit of color and dimension to the eyes. I just use my fingers to apply this all over the lids and it looks effortless and beautiful. I have found that setting it with a powder doesn't really make that much of a difference from just using it by itself because it stays on just as long. As a college student, this is perfect for those lazy or late days where you just want to perk up your face a little bit without spending too much time on makeup. I love the color tattoo eyeshadows and I hope Maybelline will continue putting out more colors (hopefully more naturally ones like Bad to the Bronze)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Run2FlyGurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Maybelline cream shadows by far! It is almost the exact same color as MAC's Satin Taupe, and I find this to be more taupe than bronze, but who cares when a color is this pretty?? The color is incredibly flattering, and I've had many girls at work complement my makeup when I've had this on. I like to put this on my lid and blend it up into the crease just a bit. I then use a highlight shade (usually MAC's Phloof! or Shroom) on my brow and to soften out the line where the cream shadow stops. I'll also often use a bit of Satin Taupe in the crease to further soften the line (they are basically the same color, but the cream shadow provides more shimmer and light to the eye). As with the other 24 hour shadows, I like to apply this with a synthetic flat brush like MAC 242 or 252. I also like to put a little UDPP underneath just because I have oily skin. It doesn't slide off without UDPP, but it may (not all the time) crease a bit, whereas I've never had it crease with UDPP underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

I used to hate cream shadows because of how messy they were! They would slip and slide and on my eyes, and they were difficult to blend.

But I absolutely LOVE this cream shadow. I have 2 other color tattoos, as well, in Tough as Taupe and Too Cool, but Bad to the Bronze is my favorite. I initially held off on buying this because it looked too warm and coppery for my skintone. I saw xteeener use this in one of her videos, though, and she explained that even though it looks really coppery in the packaging, it is actually more of a cooler color. I'm glad I trusted her! I now use this every single day, just all over my lids. It is not too dark, but it is buildable. It's so smooth and blendable, but sets so it does not BUDGE throughout the day. I love how it gives a tint of color to my lids, and gives my eyes a lot of dimension. I like that it is not dark enough to be noticeable if you make a mistake! it's so subtle and pretty, and it is my favorite cream shadow of all time!

If I had to pick 1 color from the maybelline color tattoo line, I would definitely choose this one.

*for reference, I am east asian, but I have more of a neutral skintone. I'm not too yellow, which is ironic. I am quite fair, as well; about NC20 in mac.