December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

lovely shimmery colour, smooth on application and photographs nicely.

I love that I can use it as an eyeshadow rather then just a base, it stayed put for the 6 hours I used it when I went to a few weddings. it looks so sophisticated with a little black in the inner and outer corners of my eyelid PLUS it doesn't crease or slid from it's place even on it's on without any powder on top of it.

the packaging is a fancy glass jar that looks and feels like a high end item not a drug store item.

CONS:-

the colour itself is very fancy and shimmery so more of an evening colour and not something I'd wear for work or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Holy heck, this is gorgeous. Initially, I was apprehensive about the whole "bronze" name, thinking it would be too warm or reddish-toned, but this is a lovely neutral taupe with nice shimmer. I think it would look good on anyone. I've only tried it on its own, and it applied smoothly, did not crease on my oily eyelids, and just plain did not move. For someone like me who is not the best at applying eyeshadow, this is the perfect wash of color that I can apply quickly, add mascara and some liner, and be done. I love the glass packaging as well. These are a must-try, and if you're at all on the fence about what shade to purchase, make it this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkdot121424

First to start off with the packaging, I love that it has glass packaging because it actually feels like it has some luxurious quality :D Now for the actual product - The color is GORGEOUS! It's this shiny bronze color and it looks great all over the lid! It also lasts FOREVER!! i swatched it on my hand and after washing my hands and taking a shower for 2 days, it was STILL ON MY HAND. It's really like a tattoo - it'll stay there forever (until you use actual makeup remover) There's also a lot of product so it'll last you a long while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by stormV301

Love this! I already have the Eternal Gold one which is also lovely, but I think I like this shade even more! It goes on so easily and stays in place all day (using TooFaced Candle Light eye primer underneath), and is actually a very natural looking colour - It looks quite dark in the pot, and perhaps if you layered it on very thick it would look dark on the eyes. A little bit gives a lovely warm sheen on the eyelids. Very pleased!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by LouAlexNZ

Gorgeous colour, blends well, great value and versatile (use as a primer or as a colour in it's own right). A great staple for my makeup bag. Is a close AND CHEAP dupe for Mac Satin Taupe (not too far off!).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by delrio

Wow, I'm so happy that I found this! I have very sensitive eyes and was looking for a cream shadow that wouldn't flake off and bother them. This shadow is perfect. It says on ALL day, for at least 12 hours without budging or creasing. I wear a Bobbi Brown's Shore cream shadow underneath it and then put Bad to the Bronze over it on the lid. I just need to use a little bit because the color is intense. I was expecting a bronze color, but this is actually more of a cool taupe. It's funny, though, because I wore it yesterday with a navy eyeliner and for the first time it did look like a warm bronze! Either way, it's beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I find that these dry out really fast and the consistency changes so much that I can't use it anymore. It catches on to some parts of the eyelid and makes the area look very dry. Won't be repurchasing.

I bought this last week in this shade and have used it several times already. Bad to the Bronze is an extremely shimmery, taupe-bronzey shade. I applied this first without a primer and it lasted fairly well with no creasing. The actual browny colour faded away quite a bit and pretty much all that was left was all the shimmer on my lids (which was still very pretty). I now use it with a primer (UD Primer potion) and the actual colour of the cream gel shadow does not fade whatsoever! It definitely lasts up until I take it off and I like to add a similar powder eye shadow on top to add more dimension and prolong the wear of it even more! Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is quite comparable to Mac Paint pots. They both last just as long and are the same texture. I think the color tattoo is creamier. It's also like 1/3 of the price when you get it at target.

The color is perfect for most skin tones. I like to use this alone on the crease. It lasts the entire day without UDPP. Sometimes I add more neutrals from the UD naked palette.

Best drug store find ever. Everyone needs at least one.

Btw I also have the fall 2012 limited edition in gold shimmer and rich mahogany. They unfortunately don't compare with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this color! I feel bad for my other eyeshadows because I wear this so often. The color is great for me(blue/green eyes, auburn hair, fair skin) and so easy to apply, plus I haven't had any issues with creasing. I use this day to day for a quick look, just applying with my finger, but I also like using it for night looks. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone, and this color in particular. I bought some for my sister and she also loves it. I have some other colors in this line but I don't wear any of them as often as Bad to the Bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color. I use it on top of my tightline and it provides more dimension to my eyes. This product lasts and does not transfer once it's set. I am impressed with the quality of this product from Maybelline. This product is a testament that we don't necessarily have to fork over a lot of money to get good quality beauty products.