December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I hate to be one of the few that does't give this a 5 star rating, BUT let me assure you, this isn't going to be a bad review! First of all, this was the cheapest powder I've ever bought and I mean price wise...that was the amazing part. The not so amazing part was that my expectations were sky high due to all the reviews on here. But really, this powder just wasn't for me. I thought I had pretty oily skin, but now that I think about it, I must not. I think I have more of combo skin actually because this powder accentuated any dry areas that I had and didn't meld with my skin at all. I'm wearing it now to try it one last time and it just doesn't make my skin look "flawless" like powders usually make me look. I am very pale so the color is okay but I kinda think it's TOO white. I have some golden undertones so this might be just a TINY bit too light for me. But props for it not looking orange and what not. I can definitely understand why this would be the perfect powder for a pale girl with super oily skin...so I recommend it to anyone who fits that description. But for someone with combo and especially dry skin, beware...it's very drying, but since that's what everyone wants (is to soak up the oil) and loves about it, I guess it's lived up to it's hype. So don't let my review sway your decision of trying it, It's just not for me. I personally prefer Sally Hansen's cornsilk shineless classic powder in Translucent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to review this for months. I think it is a really good pressed powder, I have to say its performance is better than Origin's 'All or Nothing' pressed powder which kept me matte for about 10 minutes after application.I use this to take the slight shine that my sunscreen leaves and as a light base for make up- I think it looks pretty natural. I'm fairly dark and got the Translucent one, which was a little too light for me, but as I like tha pale, anaemic look that's ok. I think this is great value for ($1.99) I'm coming to the end of mine after several months of daily use. I will repurchase if I can find it here (London) if not I'll just finish up my Aveda & Jane Iredale pressed powders instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 4:33:00 AM More reviews by kaycee0307

I bought this product because of the great reviews on our local message board I thought "naturally beige" will look too dark on my neutral olive skin but to my surprise it goes on super sheer, it does not look like i have anything on, just oil-free smooth skin. HG powder! I will buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by puisza

After reading all the raves, I decided to give this product a try. My previous powder was MAC blot and I must say, this is quite comparable to MAC. You have to be careful with the sponge though as it tends to pick up too much powder. I would just gently tap the powder and then apply on my skin. It keeps the shine away. Thanks to MUA, I don't have to stick with MAC and can save my money!
UPDATE 09/26/05: I have been using this powder for a while now and it doesn't keep the shine away as effectively as Blot. With Blot, I'd be literally shine-free for the rest of the day after 1 application but with this one, the shine would come back after a few hours. I got this in Beige and it's a bit too dark for me. Maybe translucent would suit me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by twostellas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this powder! I have pale skin and the translucent is a great match. It doesn't look cakey either, even if you use alot. I use the puff from my Cover Girl powder with this as I don't like the little sponge that comes with this one. If they had a better puff this would get 5 lippies, especially considering the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by do_you_darexoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i hate it. i thought it would actually work after all the good reviews. but it only takes away the shine for maybe like an hour but after that my face gets all oil. it also got a bit cakey on my skin. also made my skin horrible with acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 1:16:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank-you so much MUA!! I would definitely not have tried this powder had it not been for this site! What a wonderful product for an even greater price!! I break out from everything, but miraculously, this is one powder that keeps my skin looking clear! Plus, it's perfect in sopping up the oilies and keeping my skin matte. Doesn't look cakey or streakey at all. I don't mind the packaging either. An amazing find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 10:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

I've been using this powder for 2 years now. It's my HG for blotting my t-zone. It does not cause breakouts or clogged pores, lasts a long time and look very neutral against my skin. You really can't beat $1.99 for an outstanding product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best blotting powder I have EVER used. I used to be a faithful Mac Blot powder user, but I decided to give this a try on the rec's. It costs around $3.00 CDN, and for my super oily skin, it works even better than Mac's. It applies like a dream (but get rid of that horrible sponge applicator) and keeps my skin looking matte for much longer than any other pressed powder I've tried. I'm a faithful convert, and I think the compact is cute, but who cares if the product really works?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

I wish it were packaged better, but what do you expect for $1.99? It does its job, though. I have it in Naturally Beige. The only problem is that I should switch to a blush brush when applying instead of the sponge it comes with because it tends to look so nice if I don't apply it lightly enough.