Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 6/18/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a great drugstore liner, but i personally prefer the mac fluidline.
this is very creamy and very black, blacker than the mac one and i love this for traditional lining, however, my favorite way to line my eyes is tightlining, in which this stuff smudges, not badly and only after 4 hours (with no primer and not setting it, i just watched movies, so no sweating or anything), but still smudges, and my day is usually pretty long and there's usually a bit more sweating involved.
it does, however, do well against some other eyeliners i have, so it's still a very good product.
when i put this and fluidline side by side on the back of my hand, let it dry, and rub it, i notice fluidline kind of flakes off while this one smudges off, i think that's why it smudges on my eyelid.
this stuff stays pretty well on the waterline, so i'll keep using it for that, but i would honestly rather spend the 18 dollars on fluidline than this, just for that peace of mind. it's great if you don't have super oily eyelids like i do tho, so i'd still recommend it.

UPDATE: it smudges like crazy on my waterline too, again, as opposed to flaking away in little bits (and not giving me the panda look)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got the black and taupe/grey. The black is very intense black and I like it but can't use everyday as it is too much. the taupe is good as well but seems a little less pigmented. I bought this at a local shoppers drug mart along with the eyeliner brush (dirt cheap but much better than the much more expensive eyeliner brushes I got from sigma) As with all eyeliners, it does smudge on my oily skin even with primer. This is comparable to all the more expensive gel liners I have (clinique in jet black, Kate in brown). Definitely will buy again...will look for the brown next time as I like a more natural look and brown gel liners definitely is the way to go for a natural look. The formula is smooth, creamy and very easy to apply

on 6/9/2012 10:42:00 AM

A few months ago I meant to buy the brown gel-eyeliner from Catrice, but I ended up buying black, because all the brown eyeliners had been touched. People had put their fingers into them -_-'.
I recieved comments though that a lighter eyeliner would work better for me, because I've got a very pale skin. So, today I ended up in a store that didn't sell Catrice, so I took a look at the Essence-section. I found this 'London Baby' gel-eyeliner. I've just tried it on and the color indeed suits my skin better. It's hard to say what color it is exactly, but I'd say it's brown-greyish. It wasn't too hard to put on, it didn't give me any trouble. It's dry now and I don't feel it at all. I'm curious how long it will last.

on 6/5/2012 8:01:00 PM

Okay this product works amazing (at least on me :P i don't have oily eyelids).l wore it in the morning travelled for hours i was sweaty , i even splashed my face with water several times and it did not smudge at all! l practically had it on for over 8 hours. Oh btw i didnt use any primer or eyeshadow. lt costs like 3,50 euros in greece so thats a pretty good deal. Definitely buying this again!

on 6/5/2012 1:04:00 AM

This product is amazing for the price! I have yet to use any colors other than black but I plan to purchase more. The price is very affordable and the packaging is very effective, has a nice and tight seal to prevent drying out, I have almost finished the entire jar and it has yet to dry out! This product will last you a very long time as well, I've been using it daily for over a year and have yet to finish. The formula is very creamy and the color is rich and dark just like a black liner should be. On the water line or the lid, this color stays on forever, has amazing staying power, would definitely recommend it for girls that have watery eyes, will definitely repurchase!

on 6/3/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was horrible and so disappointing. I returned it, I REALLY wanted this to work since it was so darn cheap. Which, should have tipped me off.
After wearing it for only an hour I had awful smudges under my eyes. I had hardly put much product on anyway. It took some effort to get off of my skin as well. I tried it a few more times and had the same result. Even primer couldn't save this.

It's an okay gel liner. It smudges on me :( sob sob I was hoping much for this product since everyone raves about it.
The good thing about it is that it is SUPER CHEAP and the glass packaging is pretty, the colour selection is also pretty.
I really loved the colour London Baby but as I said before it smudges on me. :(
Too bad. I'll just collect for colours then..

on 6/2/2012 6:19:00 PM

I just bought this product and i am quite amazed with it. I did a swatch on my hand and after 10 seconds or so, it completely dried. i tried rubbing it off (really hard) with my thumb and it did not move at all!! A tiny bit of product gives off ALOT of bold colour and it lasts on my really oily lids for a long time! I tried the infamous maybelline one, but it was not as good as this one! I really recommend this for people with oily lids; with eyeprimer, this product will last all day and night. It only costed me $3.50 and got midnight in paris and london baby. I'm abit disappointed with london baby because i was looking for a dark brown colour but this one seems to come off more purplish than brown because of the sparkles. Nonetheless, i love both of these colours and the product overall since it does not smudge or wear off.

on 5/27/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got the purple liner as a gift from a friend. I wasn't expecting much because of the price tag, but I was amazed at how well these liners work. The purple color doesn't show up well on the skin, but the formula makes up for it. These babies stay on my skin for hours and they practically apply themselves. If they made these in more colors, I would jump for joy. I love this product.

on 5/27/2012 6:02:00 AM

I own this gel eyeliner in a shimmery purple, a dark brown and a teal blue from the sun club collection. I also own Inglot's black gel eyeliner in 78 or 87 or something like that, a matte jet black eyeliner. I LOVE my Inglot eyeliner but it has dried up something horrid!
Anyway the Essence gel eyeliners are pretty cool but quite creamy in consistency. The pigmentation of the brown is good; I wear it quite often on my upper eye, not in the inside corner of my eyes or on the bottom waterline or anything. I find that it stays really well.
I haven't tried the purple yet but it seems so dark that I would wonder how well the purple-ness shows up.
I have swatched the teal blue on my arm and it is pretty fantastic. I was thinking of using it as a base as well, so swatched my favourite blue pearl colour from Inglot and it just "grabbed" the shadow and made it look fantastic, so I'm pretty excited about wearing that as a base and then liner sometime!
Anyway this is so exciting because the price of the gel eyeliners (5.95 aud) is sooo much cheaper than the Inglot gel eyeliner (which was around $30 aud) and maybelline's gel eyeliner, which is something like $15 aud. Really this blows them out of the water on a price/quality ratio. I am very impressed and that is why I ended up snapping up the extra blue liner when I last shopped at Target.

The teal blue I wore the other day; it was amazing. So pigmented it only took a couple of swipes across the eye and it was done! Love it so much!