August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Megan0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!! I cannot believe how good this thing is! I love mascaras in general and I've used a lot of higher end mascaras, and I really mean that when I say it. I have owned EVERY mascara launched by Dior and Givenchy, and most of Too Faced and Estee Lauder mascaras. Aside from that I've also used Chanel, Lancome, Benefits, Smashbox, YSL, Lorac and Tarte. While most of those mascaras gave my lashes length and volume and never clumped, NEVER ONCE THAT ANY OF THEM HOLD CURL FOR ME UNTIL I TRIED THIS ONE.

The reason I tried this mascara is because I was looking for one as black as the Diorshow Blackout( both the original and waterproof smudge on me) and one of my friends told me about the this one. I've never heard of this brand before and I was shocked when my friend told me it is only 3 dollars and I could get it at Walgreens. My friend dragged me to our local walgreens and picked up this mascara and I'm so glad she did, now I'm forever in her dept!

This mascara is one of the blackest mascaras I've ever used, my lashes stand out just as much as when I was using the Diorshow Blackout but without the smudging. The best thing is that this mascara actually hold my curl all day! I'm asian but my lashes are relatively long, but they are super floppy. They go straight down and have no curl what so ever! I always curl my lashes before applying mascara and no matter which one I'd be using, my curl would be lost right after applying and my lashes, long and all, would just shoot straight flat. I got so use to it I thought that would be it, no matter what kind of mascara I use my lashes would be helpless. But this mascara really hold the curl for me!! For the very first time I have experienced that false lash look without the false lash! Not only that, this mascara lengthens and volumizes just as good as all the expensive ones, if not better, and IT JUST DOESN'T SMUDGE even on my very oily eyelids! I can safely say that this mascara will be my HG for a loooooong while and saving me a bunch of money until someone would come up with one either just as good but cheaper or would perform much better for me, and I really don't think either would be possible!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mariasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail mascara. I've tried tons of others since finding it and ALWAYS go back. I was even anxious to be done with the Benefit They're Real I bought to be done just so I could go get more of the Jordana. The ONLY issue I have with it is that sometimes the wand can come out with too much product gooped on it. Otherwise, I'm obsessed and would cry if they ever changed or stopped making this mascara.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!!! I love this! 2 coats is great n believe me I've tried a lot of others. Lash blast,LancĂ´me hypnose star, diorshow, tarte lights camera lashes, loreal 24hour, maybellibe falsies ... U name it I've tried it and this BEATS THEM ALL!! Even if it was $15 I would swear by it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

I guess it all depends on your lashes.. I just read alot of negative reviews but it worked great on my lashes. It is the best ive tried.. It is very buildable and can work for a dramatic or an everyday look..Its just $3 , and its totally worth it...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. It doesn't rub off. It goes on nice & smooth & it's inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not understand the low reviews for this. My HG is YSL Faux Cils. I've tried bunches of mascaras. Dior, YSL, Urban Decay, L'Oreal, ect...But for 3 bucks you cannot go wrong with this mascara. No, it is not incredibly volumizing, but it is lengthening and very black. I have slightly oily lids and I haven't had any smudging or flaking. I've experienced no clumping and I haven't had any trouble with the opening. For three dollars I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by allseeallliu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you want a mascara that holds a curl, stay far, far away from this mascara and L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black. I don't understand why there are companies who would create non-waterproof mascaras that ruin perfectly curled lashes. Waterproof mascaras are easily removed by an oil-based makeup remover. And they hold a curl all day long.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by monaylisa

This is so overhyped. Clumps really easily and makes eyelashes look like spider legs. I have never had a mascara smudge, after wearing this for 2 hours it was all over my face. Don't waste your $3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a decent mascara, but don't get your hopes up. After reading the reviews, I scoured several drugstores to find it. Walgreens had it, and it was pretty hard to find...I almost gave up, but there was a little cashier/counter area in the cosmetic section, and Jordana had a section attached to its side.

I bought this $3 mascara with low, and realistic expectations, but I haven't found it worthy of replacing any of my other mascaras.

I love the packaging, a sleek, professional looking tube with purple writing...but it doesn't include the bottleneck thingy at the top to scrape off excess product...Not a dealbreaker, but using this mascara tends to get messy.

The actual mascara has as many good things going for it as it has flaws. Its formula is a true, deep black, and it's soft, almost creamy going on. It doesn't give me extreme volume, and my lashes don't look their best, but they don't look bad either. I would say this mascara is more appropriate for the territory between a natural and a glamorous look. It offers more length and deepening of color than it does volume.

It clumped for me after 2 coats, even though I tried to make it work. I've tried so many things in the month I've been using it: experimenting with time between coats, base coats of different mascaras, lash primer, spoon technique, notecard technique, unclumping with spoolie, unclumping with eyelash comb, and recurling it after it set. None of this gave me satisfactory lashes. It's just a basic mascara, there's nothing special going on with this little guy.

One thing that made me give up on this mascara, was it smudges like the dickens. I haven't got watery eyes whatsoever, but they are hot...(temperature wise)....Eye products will occasionally melt off them. This was one of them, which surprised me because I've never had a mascara smudge like this on me. I've had flaking and crumbling, but not melting and smudging. It happened 4 hours after application.
(at least this mascara is very easy and gentle to take off at the end of the day)

I don't recommend this mascara to women that need a reliable, workhorse type product. If you are a bit of a mascara junkie like me, it's worth a go, because you may be able to put up with its flaws for longer than I.

I have to admit, next time I go to Walgreens, I'm going to pick up like 10 more of these for my girlfriends, they're cute and inexpensive and would be great in a gift.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Yes the price is right for this mascara and i read the reviews. Unfortunately it didn't deliver for me. The package is the majority of the problem. There isn't a stopper to remove the excess product on the wand. I have to scrape the want against the sides of the bottle. The mascara does thicken the lashes but after two coats there its clumping. And after an hour or two it smudges. Its good as a base mascara with covergirl clump crusher on top but i am not the type to layer mascara.