January 31, 2015 | 1428 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by greenemma

Mascara is pretty much the only item of make up I consider to be essential (followed by cover up!). I wear it every day, and rarely take it off so I have high expectations for mascaras that I use.

I had seen my favourite magazine was recommending this as a great mascara so I thought I would try it. I got a sample size version before I bought the full size. The packaging is pretty and I love the smell of the mascara, though the smell fades quite quickly (after a few uses). The brush is quite big and tapered at one end, which is my preferred shape. The mascara goes on really well, whether its the first or last coat. I managed to get all of my lashes with no effort, even the little ones, and instantly had the doll eye effect it claimed I would get. The mascara lengthened my lashes effortlessly and two coats was all that was needed for volume. Even thought the mascara wasn't particularly dry, what was left in the bottle dried out quite quickly, which was very disappointing given how expensive this mascara is.

The only (but big) down-side to this mascara is its staying power. It has none! If the smallest amount of moisture gets near your eyes the mascara runs. I normally use waterproof mascara so thought at first I needed to adjust, but I have used other non-waterproof mascaras before and they don't run like this one. I found I was using a lot more mascara than I normally would because of this and decided not to buy another when it ran out.

Overall I would say this is probably one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I just wish it was waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

lovely mascara... has the drama of the hypnose drama mascara with less clumps... the brush is interesting- kind of a novelty to use, actually, although the large end is too big for me but really not a problem in my opinion...very gorgeous, volumizing and lengthening effect on my sparse lashes- love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got this in the sephora set for $29.50 with the full size mascara+artliner and mini primer. The first 2 times I used this wasn't too impressed with it and had to put on several coats to get nice long defined lashes but on third time seemed easier to use and lashes fuller+longer. Holds curl pretty well and I like the honey smell. Would repurchase this set but not individually at the $25retail price because I can get same results with less expensive mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by banjaxed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was a huge disappointment as I love the original Hypnose mascara.

The brush is pretty good at separating the lashes and I really like that it's very thin at one end - it makes getting at those corner lashes a lot easier - but the formula doesn't seem as good as the Hypnose as I get panda eyes after a few hours!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by mattylove24

Aside from the cute packaging the mascara did nothing for my lashes. I've had it for a couple of weeks and the results are still disappointing. I will stick to my Falsies or Bad Gal. Total regret!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

clumpy crappy expensive. nope

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

could be the worse Lancome mascara I ever tried. It clumps it flakes it do nothing to add length or volume. It does not hold up curl. the fragrance is unnecessary and it's too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As some reviewers have said, you don't like this mascara at first. I used it about 3x and just put in my mascara box for a few weeks only to dig it out later and find out that I love it! i don't know what I did wrong the first few times but this time, I curled my lashes with a good curler (laura mercier or shu umera - my elf and revlon ones were no good). I also used the Lancome XL conditioner, which makes a huge difference when applying any mascara. This mascara has to be wiggled to get to all your lashes but it's not difficult at all. I use 2-3 coats and get perfectly separated, elongated, non-clumpy lashes. This mascara isn't for you if you want thicker, almost fake looking lashes. I add on Lancome Hypnose Drama WP for an almost fake look. I splurge on mascara bc it's so worth it! They last much longer than drugstore although I love my Maybelline XXL Pro and CG Lashblast. You can open it for months and this mascara still hasn't dried out whereas my drugstore ones last maybe a month with minimal usage. I took off a lippie bc I didn't like it first for some reason. I guess it takes awhile for you to get it working just right. I have medium length lashes but a lot of them and this mascara definitely accentuated them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by valenpeterns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first you will hate it but after a few days it seems to work lol. Dunno why tho. Love it. Just give it like 2 days... trust me!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this product. I put 3 coats on and you still couldn't see any mascara! No volume, no length, no lift/curl. It's going back. Yuck.