Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 12/30/2011 7:10:00 PM

Out of all the mascaras that I have tried from Lancome, this is my least favorite. It is not bad, but its not the best. I have medium length lashes, but I am sure that if you have long lashes, this mascara would look great on you--like any other mascara would!

Things that I like about it:
-Its pigmented

Things that I dislike about it:
-Does not add length
-Does not create that "doll lash" effect, like the name describes.

I do not mind spending the money on a good mascara, but this one did not work out for me. Remember, everyone's different, so what did not work out for me, may work out for you.

on 12/29/2011 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My new HG mascara!
This leaves me with beautifully defined, long lashes that don't look like I'm wearing the entire tube in one go (Dior I'm looking at you...).
I haven't noticed a single smudge or clump (or the smell) since I started using this mascara, just lovely long lashes. Buying an expensive lash comb from tweezerman seems like a complete waste now!

on 12/27/2011 3:35:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I received a sample size and fell in love with it as soon as I used it! It makes my lashes look long, soft and glossy, and it holds a curl beautifully. The big brush takes a bit of practice to get used to but once you do it's a breeze. One layer gives you a soft, everyday look, while two layers ups the drama. I took one lippie off for the price - at AUD$52 it is not cheap. I will repurchase though, I can't fault the mascara itself.

on 12/26/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I liked this mascara. My lashes were full and lush and had the right length. The brush even got my small lashes in the inner corner of my eyes. I would buy it again, even though it's expensive.

on 12/23/2011 6:44:00 PM

I usually use the precious cells version and i think it's really good, I thought that this must be the same if not better so I bought it. Very strong rose smell and doesn't bother me but worries me what it might do next to my eyes...

As far as the mascara itself goes, I like the idea of the brush but it doesn't seem to work out in practise...and the mascara is very wet! I just feel like i very get enough control of the brush at the base where it's thickest and it just smears mascara on rather than combing it on properly... I have the same complaint as a few others in that a few hours later I have smears under my eyes!! Gah!! This mascara appears to smudge incredibly easily which I do not like. Unfortunately the doll eyes part is also a no no... doesn't happen! I get better results from precious cells, even if that does flake. The best so far is Clarins wonder perfect... and that stuff just doesn't budge and makes my lashes look great. Try it!

Eyes: Violet

I have been a faithful to the original hypnose for years. but this one, incredible but true is even better, it is just as manageable as the original, permitting you to decide your look between casual and drama, depending on how many times you pass it over your lashes. people ask where I get my lash extensions done. no clumping, no dry flies legs around your eyes, no smudging. even easier to apply than the orignal because with the new brush shape you reach the lashes in the corners easily.
smells of roses. the BEST MASCARA on the market. if you have many and long lashes

on 12/14/2011 1:15:00 PM

I love lancome mascaras and i usually get l'extreme waterproof but i decided to try the doll eyes. I love the brush it is a nice cone shaped brush that reaches almost all the lashes top and bottom. The mascara has a lovely floral scent but it may not be for some people. I liked it at first but when I started wearing it daily I realized its drawbacks. It doesnt really give volume which is ok cuz that is not what i wanted. It gives a nice feathery separated lashes. The biggest problem i had was that the formula was that it is not water proof. I can wear this all day but it does get a little flakey towards the end of the day. Then when i rubbed my eye I felt flakes fall into my eyes and sting becuase of the fragance. So over all its a 3 lippy's cuz it has potential of being good but they need to make it even better. Thats why we pay so much for a good mascara that will last all day long.

on 12/5/2011 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

*sigh* Another smudgy mascara... This was like an ultimate smudge-fest on my under eye area :< I hate the rose scent also, it's way too strong. I did like the brush and for 5 minutes my lashes looked nice but it smeared so incredibly fast...

on 12/2/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara! I like the brush and the formula washes off easily. I'm wary of the skin around my eyes as I get older, so I don't want a mascara that I have to scrape off like most of the waterproof ones out there. I'm afraid of thinning out that delicate skin! So, with the Hypnose Doll Lashes, I was pleasantly surprised to see it lengthen, curl, and separate my lashes. No flakes either for me, the occasional one here and there, but nothing remarkable.

****A tip for those whose lashes tend to stick together with more applications or coats of ANY mascara... get a package of disposable mascara brushes (like the kind Sephora keeps in their cups by the little tester-mirrors). After you apply a few coats of mascara with the included brush, take a clean, unused disposable mascara brush and literally comb through your lashes with that dry brush. Move that brush around too - so that you get inside by the little short lashes and those long outside lashes... get any and all clumps, but work through your lashes - shift brush left to right to separate. The first few times you might take off more product than you intend to until you find your groove. After many years of my lashes trying to bind themselves together, this has been the only way to control that problem and allow me to manually separate those stubborn lashes! For me, it helps curl them too!

on 11/30/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

EDIT: It becomes exceptionally crunchy and flaky toward the end of its life, about 3 months. I had decided to ignore this for a long time because it gave beautiful length and I wanted it to be perfect. I have gone to Maybelline Full 'n' Soft, my current favorite.
-------

This is worth the money.

- no flaking
- non-drying
- beautiful length
- volume; not over the top, but definitely noticeable

This mascara's greatest assets are the the length it gives the lashes and its ability to hold a curl-- Lancome has always done a good job with their mascaras, but this one is definitely the best I've tried of any brand. Plus, the small tip of the brush is great for getting the little wispies at the inner and outer corners of your eyes, and the packaging is very chic!

There have been some poor reviews of Doll Lash, but don't let that discourage you. Here's the truth: you're never going to get a false-lash look with just mascara, no matter how good the formula is. Makeup technology just isn't there yet. But the formula is still crucial and that's why I'm lauding Doll Lash, yet I wear it with a conditioning base underneath. That's the touch of magic that will give you brow-grazing lashes.