July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product! If I were to choose a drugstore foundation, I would choose this foundation. I tried several foundations from the drugstore but they seem not to top of this brilliant foundation. I heard this foundation is almost a dupe of the Chanel Lumiere, I wouldn't be surprised because this foundation is soo silky, gives good coverage and its very gentle on the skin. It is not cakey and it does not give a scent/smell like some drugstore foundation does. For me, this is best applied with fingers. This is because I like the product to blend right into my skin. However, colour ranges are very limited. Great product though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sjearc

This is a great foundation! I usually use more expensive foundations such as Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, but bought this with my Boots points after hearing good things about it. It's priced at about £10 and I have to say is amazing value! I prefer a slightly heavier foundation in winter (just my personal preference), but for summer it's become a staple for me. It's light to medium coverage, very wearable, gives a glowing, dewy, healthy finish. I've run out of it now, but will be re-purchasing for the summer! It really is a great foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by 4nn41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An amazing foundation! It's so light, natural looking, super nice feel even on my oily skin! The coverage is light - medium buildable. It lasts forever on the skin looks amazing. Has a lovely satin - dewy finish, doesn't look shiny on oily skin! I love this a staple in my makeup collection! Wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kk0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I THINK this clogged my pores. I don't love slamming a product because it clogged my pores as my pores are easily cloggable and you never know if it's something else ie. the humid weather here, hormones making my skin oilier etc. But I'm fairly sure this had a role to play. It's quite dewy, which would be lovely on a normal skin type. But on my oily skin it was sticky and uncomfortable. It lasts all day (with a little setting powder) but would get slimy on my face without blotting 2-3 times a day. This was a big deal breaker as lately I haven't even had that much trouble with oil. And finally it clogged up my pores quite a bit. If I had less sensitive and dry-normal skin I would say this would be perfect. I loved the sheer but nice coverage. And the colours are really good and blend in very well. I'd give it a go if you're a person that is not extremely oily/breakout prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by monarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After spending a fortune on several different foundations trying to find the perfect foundation for my face which is combo/oily with mild rosacea redness on my cheeks, I finally hit the jackpot! I read great reviews online and decided to give it a try. It feels light weight on my skin and sort of just melts in, giving me a very natural finish. Doesn't look like I am wearing foundation at all, yet has pretty decent coverage. The MUA where I bought it said it was a medium coverage, but I think it's more light and sheer than I would like (which would be my only complaint and why I gave it 4 out of 5 lippies). I did add a second layer to my red spots which helped a lot. This would not cover acne, though, so I only use this when my skin isn't having an acne breakout. I love the fact that it's not cakey at all and did not accentuate my dry flaky patches on my nose and chin! It comes in a very convenient pump bottle and is reasonably priced as well ($27 in Canada). This is definately my new HG everyday foundation for when I'm having good skin days!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by BurntOrange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love wearing this foundation when I fancy looking all youthful and glowy. I have combo skin and what's great about this foundation is that even though it has a dewey finish, I find it not too shiny or sparkly. I do tend to powder my t-zone, though. More out of habit than necessity.

My skin is also a bit sensitive and is prone to the odd breakout. I've had no problems with this.

It's longevity is also great on me, which surprised me as it is quite dewey. It didn't slide off or oxidise at all (Clinique - I'm looking at you!). It smooths over fine lines very nicely.

I think it's a really great foundation for older and/or slightly dry skin. As I said, I am combo so I just knock it back a little with powder in certain spots.

I got a whole bunch of the Bourjois foundations on the recommendation of a friend. I'm a bit poor at the moment so I didn't want to splash out on my usual Lancome Photogenic and Chanel Vitalumiere. I can say that the Bourjois foundations are equally as good, and far cheaper.

I also highly rate 10hr Sleep Effect and the usual Healthy Mix. If you can find a colour that matches you - go for it! Just check out which product best matches your skin type and what sort of look you want to go for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by KarleyFries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice finish, blends very well, good coverage, smells nice (not lingering though). My only gripe is it clinging to dry spots, and makes me a LOT oilier than usual. Nothing a good powder or blotting sheet can't fix though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally wanted to make the purchase for healthy mix but my local shoppers drug mart only had the serum one. I made the purchase after quickly browsing through makeupalley reviews on my phone and I'm glad I did!
I'm NC30 and shade 53 is a perfect match- in fact this is probably the best shade matching foundation I have currently (I have MAC, MUFE, Giorgio Armani, Revlon photoready, Missha BB cream and a few others in rotation).
The coverage is decent (around medium) and the finish is very natural- not dewy not matte, just the way skin naturally looks- and the product packaging is fantastic- pump bottle with a cap- thin long design which makes it compact for travelling.
I had high hopes for this foundation when it came to its ability to perfecting the skin and looking natural but not in terms of long wearing power. And to my delight, this foundation has a really good staying power as well! It lasts through my run and my skin still looks pretty decent at the end of the day.
I'm SUPER picky when it comes to foundations and have tried many in the past and I must say that this is a gem and totally HG worthy. The only downside to this foundation is probably the limited shade range and I would be upset if this didn't come in my shade. I can't see anyone beyond NC42 being able to find a match in this foundation since the colours only range between light to tan.
I highly recommend this foundation- it is much much cheaper than other high end foundations and performs much much better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

really amazing foundation, have tried many from chanel mac revlon nars and this is one of the best, and including the other healthy mix foundation which is outstanding.

the coverage is light-medium and its so smooth and creamy, it glides on and doesnt sit in pores. they are mostly yellow toned but not overly so.. but this is so flattering, healthiest glow ever! lasts for about 6 hours i would say, without primer or powder.

really, really reccommend if you want a light-medium glowing moisturizing foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Gothinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tenho usado esse produto por alguns meses. Minha pele é seca. Esse produto da a cobertura idela para o dia-dia sem parecer pesada. Dura horrores no rosto e matem minha pele bem hidratada.