April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Love, love, love. Everything about this foundation is great. 4.5 lippies.

APPLICATION: flawless; the texture of this foundation is like silk which makes it SO easy to apply and blend. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush for reference. :) I would recommend this for dry, dry/combo or normal skins.

FINISH: dewy-glowy. Not too shiny which I like.

COVERAGE: light-medium. This lasts about 8 hours (with powder touch-ups).

COLOUR: I'm a (serious) PPP and I use the lightest shade, 51, when I'm wearing gradual fake tan (the Le Tan one in case you were looking for a good one) and it matches perfectly. It has a yellow undertone.

PACKAGING: I love the slim design of the bottle, very chic. The pump is handy, as is the clear finish of the bottle so you know how much you have left.

PRICE: I'm pretty sure I paid about AU$34 for this foundation from Priceline. A little expensive for a drugstore brand, in my opinion, but I'll happily fork out again because it's such good quality.

Only half a lippie off because I wish it would last just a teensy bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out SO BADLY! I rarely break out from makeup but something in here did-it was the only thing I changed in my routine. I stopped using it and healed up (which took ages!). Anyway, other than that-if this doesn't break you out, it would be a great foundation for dry/normal skin. It is lightweight, provides medium coverage and blends like a dream! I wish this worked for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tdm1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation so bad. I must have read 10 pages of reviews on it here on MUA but it just didn't work for me. I have sensative skin, but I have used Revlon Colour Stay foundation for years and it hardly broke me out. I just spent over $200 on face cleanser, toner, and moisturizer and I decided I might want a new foundation to go with it.
Let's just say.. i've been wearing no foundation for the past week because I can't get to the store to buy a new foundation.
It sat well on my skin the first week.. then it started to slide right off and disappear by 1:00. It just did not work.
I have combination skin for those who were wondering. I think it may have even dried it out more.
Just no good. So sad.. I loved it at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

This provides a light/medium coverage and demi matte/ slightly dewy finish. This is one of the few drugstore foundations that is light enough for my skintone (shade 51) and it has yellow undertones. I like this as an everyday foundation but I don't think it can be built up to a high coverage for evening time. It wears for about 8 hours on me and lasts equally well on my t-zone as on drier areas. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches I have either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cowhugger

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It is hands down the BEST everyday foundation. It's so effortless to apply. I find it's best applied with my fingers because it takes less product to get the most coverage versus putting it on with a foundation brush. I usually use two pumps with a foundation brush and not even a full pump when using my fingers. This foundation is so weightless on the skin and it really feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face. While it is an amazing everyday foundation the coverage is really low so I only like to wear it when I have good skin. I still wear it when I have bad skin but not as often and I wear it with concealer. I think this foundation is more of an everyday foundation (for me, at least) than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua simply because of the price. While I definitely prefer Vitalumiere Aqua to Healthy Mix Serum, I'm too afraid of using my Vitalumiere Aqua on a more regular basis. I'm definitely going to repurchase this foundation for as long as I can find it online.

Just an FYI for those of you in the States (or anywhere else Asos.com ships to) wanting to try this foundation, Asos.com carries it and they offer free shipping.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by risababy

It's a nice foundation, but it just wasn't for me. Maybe it will be for you.
It's very light in texture, not greasy at all, and smells great, like a soft fruity scent. I also noticed that made my skin softer when I washed it off at night. It has never made me break out and dries down to a slightly matte yet dewy finish at around my t-zone. I wear it in #51. The packaging is excellent as well - a pump with a cap so it's hygenic but you can easily unscrew it if you need to. The slim bottle is a really nice fit in my makeup bag.
But my small problem, despite all these awesome qualities, is the coverage. (Or rather, lackthereof.) I would call this a small step up from a tinted moisturizer. A little bit more coverage than that, but otherwise, you will need something thicker if you wish to cover a pimple or some dark circles. I want something multitasking to save time, which I found in Laura Mercier's silk creme. Because I bought it and there's still lots left, I just wear this when I want to look a bit more fresh than without makeup. I usually put on 2-3 layers (depending on how bad my skin is) to feel like it made a difference.
That being said, the bottle does last a long time! I paid around $29 CAD for it at Shopper's Drug Mart, which isn't terrible because Bourjois is a great higher-end drugstore brand. I rated this a 3, but if I consider it to be a 3.5. I want something with a lil more coverage. If you don't and just want something to even out your skintone a little bit, try this!
UPDATE: changed from 3 lippies to 5. Here's why: I realized now, after finishing my first bottle, how this foundation fits in with my life. Now that my skin has calmed down somewhat (thanks to La Roche-Posay's Toleriane Ultra), I don't feel the need for a full coverage foundation for everyday. So I turned to this when I just want to look fresh and bright. It is very much "your skin but better". I mentioned all of its wonderful traits, so I won't go into that again...but case and point = I officially FINISHED (and I mean like getting a Q-tip to scrape out every last bit) my first bottle...and will be re-purchasing a new one today.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: June 2013 Great finish and lasting power but breaks me out on my jawline within 24hrs of wearing. :(
I am re-writing this review. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and use primer when if I forget primer the foundation still lasts 5-6 hours without need of touch ups. I love the finish of this foundation, it is slightly dewy but not overly and the feel on the skin is of the same standard as Chantecaille (another French brand) at a quarter of the price. As mentioned above this is so lovely but it breaks me out straight away. So disappointed, I'm not sure what's in the ingredient list that my skin hates but I get deep cyctic acne when I use it (or any Bourjois foundation I have recently found).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jorates

This is good stuff. I am pretty yellow toned NC25 with slightly oily skin. Foundation is light, does not transfer a lot even without powder, looks natural (light to medium coverage), doesn't settle into lines. Really appears to be your own skin and lasts well with a velvety touch. I got it in 52 and it fits me during fall and winter when going below NC25. The best foundation under the high end prices - although comparable in quality to the best ones.
Edit: I am taking one lippie off because: 1)(mainly) the horrid GREY cast (seriously, who on earth is grey?); 2) it turned out to have little lasting power (w/o powder), although it disappears evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic foundation. It's not my HG - that's still my Kanebo Lunasol foundation after all these years - but this is still a really good foundation nonetheless. It is not as lightweight as the Kanebo foundation, but it does not sit heavily on your skin. It lives up to its "serum" claims as my skin looks healthier after I removed the foundation, a feat which had not been achieved by any other brand but Kanebo thus far. It's dirt cheap and smells really pleasant too. Does not cake during the day, but must be finished with a loose powder as it does not "dry" out. I feel that it looks too shiny for the supposedly dewy look that is in these days, so loose powder is a must.

Will definitely buy again. I am rotating this with the Kanebo foundation for cost reasons - my Kanebo foundation costs $85 presently and I find it a little difficult to afford! I have been asked if it's similar to Chanel's Vitalumiere foundation - the honest answer is that I do not like Chanel foundations and have not tried the Vitalumiere foundation, so if I did compare this foundation to a Chanel foundation, it would not be getting 5 stars from me!

Coverage wise - I think Bourjois classifies this as a Light Coverage foundation, though I don't really see why. It has a thick enough consistency to cover the minor red marks that I have flawlessly. I would classify it as Medium Coverage.

For matching purposes - I am an NC25 and I match Vanille (52). I can use Beige Clair (53) if I want a tanned look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Anatidaephobia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Outside of the slightly too light color I chose, my bigger problem is that this foundation seems to really settle into my flakes. My skin is dry/combo. My cheeks, the area around my mouth and the bit right between my brows are all dry, and my nose and the rest of my forehead are pretty normal. I don't tend to need any coverage on my nose and forehead, so my foundation application is really centered on my drier parts. I have some flakes (particularly in the winter, and particularly right around my mouth) but not a lot. I exfoliate regularly to prevent that. In order to apply this foundation in a way that didn't emphasize any flakes, I applied it with a damp beautyblender. I thought that solved the problem, but then in the middle of the day I noticed I was suddenly flaky.

On the plus side, in the four or so hours between application and sudden flakiness, the finish was really natural. It looked like skin. I really wish this had worked for me. Oh well.