July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

i tried this just a few minutes ago & it works wonders. i like how it makes my lashes look fuller plus looks like i have fuller lashes. gives some volume but thats ok cause i put a coat of the colossal or the rimmel volume max & it looks awesome (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Near HG status for me!
I get a false-lash look with this. It's truly waterproof. Easy to apply. Rich black colour. No flakes. Lengthens AND volumizes.
Near HG/1 lippy off because I get smudges after a few hours. This could be because I use oils on my face and my makeup is a cream makeup which is quite heavy can be oily. There may be no smudges for those who use powder foundations/have a matte face.
Honestly, that's the only thing I can criticize about this mascara. Otherwise, I keep reaching for it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by MFeld418

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

To date this is my favorite mascara. I only purchase waterproof mascaras and while I haven't tried to test how waterproof it is, it stays the whole day. This gives me more of a false lash look than the falsies does! It's really nice and for me it lengthens and volumizes. I was going to purchase false eyelashes for my prom but I'm not sure if they're really necessary anymore. While this doesn't give a humungous false lash effect it is enough that my eyelashes look great and look like I am wearing very subtle falsies. I will keep purchasing this until I find something better.

EDIT: While I loved the look of this mascara it was making the tips of my lashes curl forwards (opposite how the lash curls). It was a very odd effect and the only way it could be avoided was to use one, light coat (which was not the look I was going for). Alas, my favorite mascara has now become a mascara I hate to use. If you don't experience this problem then I say buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by dmd1

I'm always in search of a HG mascara since my beloved Lash Stylist has been discontinued. I have tried them all - HE and drugstore - and this is the best of the lot. It's buildable, and does not clump or flake. I usually dislike rubber brushes b/c they give me spider lashes, but the brush on this is the exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

So far, after trying so many mascaras this has been the best. The color is nice and dark (blackest black), brush is easy to use, too much product is not on the wand, stays put, but I will say it is very hard to remove with just soap and water. I have to use an oil to remove it (which is neither bad nor good). I will definitely repurchase this. I have tried so many mascaras and this by far is the best. Gives volume and a bit of length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would make love to this if it were a person.

I love it so much because it gives me a rediculous amount of volume and just the right amount of length. My eyelashes are very long, but tin and I don't have all that many. This actually makes my long lashes a little bit longer and awesome volume. To me, this is a step above the Falsies, expect The Falsies gives more length. Best of all, no clumping!! I recommend this in waterproof though because the original smudges.

If you need more length then volume, go with the Falsies.
If you need more volume than length, go with One by One.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great mascara if you have short lashes that don't curl. I prefer the the falsies over this in waterproof because I need thickness more than length. It is great for definition though. It holds my curl after I curl my stubborn straight downward pointing lashes! =)