MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 6/14/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation it's not too heavy and a medium coverage. I've got quite oily skin and have been looking for the best combo to keep me looking fresh for as long as possible. To do this I start off by using boots mattifing lotion, then B.prepared primer (Superdrug), this foundation then set with corn silk translucent loose powder (Boots) and for me it's the most effective combo for my oily skin (get a little shine, but only after hours of wear and doesn't effect the look of foundation when blotted). I know everyone's skin varies but this works for me and I think the products you use before and after can better or worsen the effectiveness of foundation and its about finding what works best for you. Personally I love this foundation and will definitely keep using :)

on 6/10/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought two foundations from MAC (this one and the Matchmaster) and this one is by far the worse of the two. i was expecting to love this because I'm pretty darn oily and this is supposed to be long wearing, but nope! It goes on cakey and heavy from the start no matter what I do--sheer it out with a wet sponge didn't even help, even when I use far less than the Matchmaster. I don't notice that I get less shiny over the day when compared to the Matchmaster either. It does still look alright at the end of the day, but with the way it looks all mask-like and doesn't offer better oil control/staying power over other foundations, it was a bust for me.

on 6/5/2013 12:41:00 PM

Do not bother ! One of the worst foundations MAC has ever made.

on 6/4/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm disappointing. I'm a huge fan of MAC cosmetics and my absolute favourite foundation I have ever owned is studio fix fluid. I love how the foundation comes with a pump but I felt that this foundation was very heavy. It's sticky, rubbery, and still melts off my very oily face. Even with a primer, setting powered and setting spray it still transfers onto my clothes and skin and it also looks very cakey after mid day touch ups. But mixing it with a moisturizer does take away the sticky feeling.

on 6/3/2013 11:44:00 PM

Overall, is a decent foundation for those looking for medium coverage, in a longwearing foundation base. It is mildly reminiscent of older foundation formulations (e.g. original Double Wear, Colorstay, etc.) that dried a bit tacky on the skin but had phenomenal staying power. This one is a bit more lightweight but still has a tendency to have that drying-cement feeling, which I personally don't mind because I have very oily skin, especially in the spring and summer. Is it longwearing? Yes. But the reason I won't be purchasing this again is because I don't have a good shade match, and I don't find the coverage to be buildable at all. I am a neutral-olive NC15 and I found the Pro Longwear colors to be rather orange-leaning, more so than the Studio Fix Fluid line. I also favor full coverage foundation, and when I tried to build it up, the top layer had already dried and it would become cakey quickly. I think those looking for a solid medium coverage will be happy with this. It is a pretty good foundation but I have other foundations I favor for a longwearing, matte base.

on 6/2/2013 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wtf? This foundation sucks! And the sales assistant was such a lunatic. Her foundation was caked on like crazy,not to mention orange and way off from her pale skin tone. She even told me estee lauder dw is a better choice than mac! Apart from the above, the foundation is horrible. Melted off my face in less than an hour. Used it with primer and set it with powder. I will never ever purchase anything from mac again. After 3 disappointing products,one including studio fix, I have no faith in Mac.

on 6/1/2013 5:39:00 PM

I use nc40, and generally my skin can't hold foundation very well. With all others iv tried, it's off again within a couple of hours.
However this foundation stays on all day, from 8am til 6pm and looks fab. (Probably would last longer too)
I'd say it's medium coverage but extremely buildable for a higher coverage.
It's quite thick in consistency which I'm not a HUGE fan of but that's expected with a long lasting foundation i guess.
Overall I really like this foundation, would definitely buy it again, although I love mac so I'd like to try other foundations too! X

on 5/31/2013 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation, I'm a nw20 and it is completely perfect for my skin tone. It gives full coverage and lasts alllll day. The only things i dont like is I find myself using quite a few pumps more than I would with any other product to get the coverage I want which sucks because it is pretty expensive. And once iv applied it all over it feels... Weird on my face almost rubbery so I recommend setting it with a translucent powder :) 5 lippies for coverage!

on 5/29/2013 1:16:00 PM

I don't usually use foundation because it makes my skin look gross and greasy by the end of the day. This, if left on without powder, will become just a tad oily for me but it is still quite surprising it's not as oily as usual. With powder, this foundation sets perfectly. I haven't found a foundation like this before and I'm glad I've bought it.

on 5/25/2013 5:49:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for about 2 years now.

My skin can get oily at times. This foundation does last a long time without looking ugly. When applied well - it will give you a flawless finish. I rarely have problems with it looking cakey. It does provide medium coverage. I have red acne marks and this does not fully cover them but this does make them way less noticeable.

I haven't really had much problems with this foundation. So I will continue to use it. So far it has worked better than studio fix and clinque foundations I have tried in the past.

Video Reviews & Tutorials