Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 10/13/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The lightest shade was too dark for my skin, and I'm really not that pale. It had decent coverage but was rather greasy and had an odd, though subtle, scent. I only bought this because my wal-mart didn't have the Wet N Wild foundation I like, and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/10/2013 12:34:00 PM

Not a fan. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't buy again. First of all, like others have said, the lightest shade is not very light at all. It is probably two shades too dark for me. I am NC15. The consistency has a nice thickness to it, but I feel that it goes on a little heavy feeling and oily. I have combo skin and when I wear this, I feel too dewy and within a couple of hours, my nose is a bit shiny. It has a scent to it, it's a little bit noticeable, but not downright objectionable unless you have a sensitive nose. Funny about the shade though, I have another rimmel foundation (clean finish) and that shade is a true ivory. I still use the foundation, I mean it's not garbage material, just not for me.

on 10/9/2013 8:40:00 PM

Pros: good coverage, smells nice, lasts all day. Cons: clinged to my dry patches, absolutely needs a beauty blender or sponge which is annoying for me to use

on 10/7/2013 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i love this foundation, i have received many compliments and queries on what foundation i use. its relatively cheap, and does the job perfectly. it can be applied using your fingers or a brush, i do both depending how much coverage i want. This foundation has never felt heavy on my face, it stays on for a long period of time, and doesn't go patchy. the products i get are in a tube which i prefer than a bottle, due to the opening being upside down and the tube being squeezable, making it easier to use all the product.

on 10/2/2013 4:31:00 PM

I so wanted this to work for me. I currently wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and I love it, so far it's my HG foundation, but as a stay-at-home mom I hate wearing an expensive foundation when just running errands around town or taking my daughter to the park, not if something halfway decent can be had on the cheap. I decided to give this foundation a whirl after reading the many good reviews here. Here's my take on it:

Packaging - Small plastic squeeze tube. A lot of other ladies complain about it being messy, runny and difficult to control the amount of product that came out of the tube. Maybe I was lucky but I didn't have this issue the one time I applied it. I took just a little care and managed to get out only as much as I needed.

Application: Easy enough, though a little harder to blend than ELDW. I stippled it on with a dedicated stippling brush, as I do with all foundations...I find it always gives me a smoother more even finish.

Smell: Too perfumey! Normally I can deal with this but the smell stuck around for like an hour after application and got quite irritating.

Color: I got 102 Warm Ivory which was a fairly good match for my skin. I'm still somewhat tanned from my summertime at the pool so the fact the second to palest color in the line fit me is ludicrous. Definitely not enough selection...my very pale sister was SOL getting a light enough choice from this line. Strange, considering Rimmel is a British brand and let me tell you, they are some pale people lol.

Finish: Immediately after application moisturized skin I noticed that the finish was not as flattering to my skin as ELDW. It seemed to accentuate the drier spots on my cheeks, my oily t-zone was more apparent than usual, and it didn't even out the texture of my skin. It made my smile creases evident right away, though I always apply foundation very sparingly in this area. It's definitely not as full a coverage as ELDW either. For its price I could have overlooked all this for a casual foundation, however, within 2.5 hours my t-zone was an unsightly, separated mess. It also didn't want to play nice with the two tiny spots of concealer I'd used to cover two red areas from a recently healed hormonal breakout, as it looked like the concealer had disappeared altogether.

This was a no-go for me - I immediately returned it. The search continues....

on 10/1/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it and hate it reason why is it looks good but its not as long lasting as i thought

on 10/1/2013 12:08:00 PM

I have a super hard time finding a foundation that will work when I need it. I bought this after all the reviews on mua and YouTube and am SO disappointed! The color (100) was NOT ivory, although I can make it passable with other products. It goes on pretty decent with my fingers, but is almost oily without setting powder. Even with powder, it doesn't last more than 2 hours without touchups. Then it takes 2 washes to get it off! Had it on 5 hours again today and I feel like I have crisco on my face. sorry ya'll but I just don't get the good reviews!

Not sure if its long lasting or not. Bought their lightest shade and it was MILES darker than any other brand on the markets' ivory. Seemed to geared towards mediterranean complexions.

on 9/15/2013 8:36:00 AM

This foundation is just brilliant!!!! Literally doesn't budge but also doesn't look thick or cakey!! Absolutely love it!! I use the number 100 for natural day time look and when I've no tan on, and number 200 for night time or to blend in when I have tan on!! Amazing stuff!! :)

on 9/8/2013 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh dear, why do make up companies have the nerve to always change their formula's when it was already wonderful to start out with. I remember the good old days when this came in a tiny tube but wow it was amazing then. Outwitted my expensive MAC and Estee Lauder foundation. Now however they changed the bottle, formula and entire color shade spectrum. The first I purchased the new formula I was totes optimistic, thinking it would be the same awesome foundation just in a new bottle version which I was thrilled about. However when I put the ivory shade on my face I knew.... I just knew that I have been so wrong. My face was a awful AWFUL pale white. I've never seen my face that white before despite it having the exact shade name that I used before, when they still had the old formula. I was disgusted but had to stick it out because I'm too poor to just go running off to buy a new foundation. For weeks I had to endure my pale face. The consistency of the new formula was also a much thicker, harder to work with mess. I can't use my fingers to apply this AT ALL. I need a sponge. Lasting power was wonderful however, but it like I said, my face was a pale white shade and that couldn't be fixed by applying it right.

I recently got money again and decided to try this just one more time in their sand beige color. What could go wrong?! I mean, sand beige is usually my color anyway and perhaps my face would look better with the right shade and the thick consistency wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. BIG MISTAKES. My face was dark, orange and HIDEOUS looking after application. This color was waaaay too dark! I was so upset. I felt let down. Sand beige has NEVER looked too dark on my skin, regardless of the brand. It always seemed to match well. I was so disappointed. My favorite foundation has officially gone RIP cause they seemed to have changed the color range and now it's so messed up. I highly doubt that mixing the two colors would fix the problem since the one is way too dark and the other way too light. I would probably end up looking even worse (if that's possible) with the two mixed. So sad cause this was the ultimate HG foundation for me. Oh well... now to try and find something else :(