October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I purchased shade 201 aka Classic Beige. Shade is a tad dark, but I found that by mixing in a drop of Olay's age serum the shade works for me. First time I tried it, found that it squirted out too much, so be careful - a little goes a long way. I like the soft finish, it lasted 6 work hours, and easily washed off at end of day. Liked how it didn't emphasize my large pores, didn't make my skin feel dry. Think I like this better than Revlon Color Stay Whipped Creme Makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Astonishly good quality, high performing, long wear foundation at a super cheap price. It's normally about £6 at Boots which is nothing! It's provides a similar look to the entry level priced Revlon Colourstay liquids but at an even smaller price.

Pros: sheer & natural looking, great coverage, not to matte, not too shiny, just right! Has pump bottle, nice natural colours, not too pink, not too yellow. Transfer resistant.

Cons: The product can't cope with my horror oily t-zone although it puts up a valiant fight. I do get oil breakthrough by lunchtime.

Remarkable quality makeup at this price point though. This outperformed Lancome and Clarins liquid foundations and it knocks Borjoius Healthy Mix into a cocked hat. If not for the demon oil on my face I would be able to settle for a nice product like this. Highly recommended *unless* you are in the same mega-oily t-zone situation (if so - you have my sympathy in your foundation search too).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lola12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am totally confused by MY foundation since i can't find the shade i purchased anywhere. i bought it in a store so i'm hoping its not a fake one. when i search for foundations online i like to compare them to the ones i have so thats why i know there is no sign of my shade anywhere. for the record its 403 natural bronze and its not even on the rimmel's website.... btw i have the one with the glass bottle just like picture 5 (i know there is another glass version where the lid is a bit different).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sandybeety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know about 25 hours lasting,...bought because i read its just like estee lauder double wear & i love EL....
Back to review revlon colorstay lasts alot longer time, like paint, both have that odd unnatural ashyness to it so that must be the long wear ingredient il stick to nars sheer glow i like that, it actually resembles skin.although some like that thick caked on 'full coverage' ashy look so some may disagree with me

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by DeliJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With any foundation I buy I always buy 2 shades, one for during the day and one for going out (this one has to be much darker because I wear fake tan). With all rimmel foundations I notice they all sink in to lines on my face and are not very blendable. This one was no different! It is even worse with the darker foundation but I put this down to just being the wrong shade for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, best foundation I've ever tried (and I have tried lots from low to high end)! I have never liked foundation, and thankfully I have good skin so I used to be able to get by with concealer and powder foundations of varying sorts. But I've noticed that my skin needed something more to look finished. I grabbed this on a whim, and so glad I did. Color match is perfect, True Ivory, can't feel it on my skin it just makes me look finished and flawless, and makes my other makeup last and look even better. I use this with the Rimmel primer and a dusting of Stay Matte powder and it lasts all day and doesn't transfer to clothes or phone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried this in a long time, but I used this in high school and loved it. Now that I have gotten older and more experienced with make up, I use higher end foundations just because I like the coverage and performance much better. Overall, this is a good drugstore foundation that is very inexpensive. I'd say this would be the perfect foundation for somebody who doesn't need a lot of coverage because it is VERY thick, and using more then a very thin layer makes it very thick and feels like you're wearing a heavy mask. I also am not too fond of the color selection, although I have noted that they do have a lot of yellow undertoned options, which is great because most drug store foundations have pink undertones. I never could find a perfect match for my skin and it was always very obvious when I did wear this. I was a NC 20 / NC 15 for awhile and I think the color Ivory just wasn't blending into my skin the way I had hoped. I'm now an NC 30 or even NC 35 so maybe now that I'm more tan, this would match me a lot better. I definitely recommend this for beginners because typically they don't need a lot of coverage and this will last all day, so during school/sports etc. It didn't break me out, overall a good drug store foundation, but nothing exceptional.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by carobear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started wearing foundation for the first time in years. I don't wear powder at all. I am experimenting with a couple of primers that I hope are waterproof, but usually I wear this foundation without primer.

I wanted something to cover my genetically-blue, pronounced undereye circles, without having to cover my whole face. I also needed something that was not only waterproof and sweatproof, but also tolerant of applications of lotion during the day. I wear gas permeable contact lenses, so the product had to stay put in case of tearing eyes and contact removal and reinsertion. Finally, I wanted something from a cruelty-free company.

I chose my shade, #201 "Classic Beige" by holding up all the tubes next to my reflection in the mirror at the store. Now that my summer tan is fading to a winter tan, I'll probably go get a lighter shade.

I use a tiny amount on a stiff brush (the Essence of Beauty smokey/crease eye shadow brush) and apply it in arcs following the blue circles, blending it outward in all directions. Using the brush, I'm best able to control how the color gets deposited, which may be why I don't have any trouble with it settling into creases or pores like others here say they do. I found it more difficult to apply with just my fingers.
The same seems to be true of my other waterproof products, even the ones that come in a creamy pencil form, like Milani Shadow Eyez.

I put it on after I wash my face in the morning. I exercise hard and get sweaty pretty much every day. I might bike, lift weights, take an aerobics class, do yoga, or run for hours on the beach. If I don't scrub my face in the shower, it's still perfect when I take off my eye makeup before bed. I can even reapply my lotion without disturbing it. Just exactly what I wanted.

It doesn't completely eliminate the blue by itself, but almost. If I have the time, I use a yellow color corrector underneath (also waterproof, either Maybelline or NYX).

It never irritates any part of my face, and it has hardly any smell.

Sometimes I use it on my eyelids as its own color, so that I can use a darker color in the crease and on the browbone without it transferring to my bare eyelid. Sometimes I use it as a foundation to waterproof cream eye shadows.

The packaging is a little awkward; it's easy to squeeze out too much and make a mess, so I had to develop a routine to deal with it. I store the tube standing on the crimp end so that I don't get surprised by a rush of product when I open it. Then I control how much comes out by continuing to hold the tube in that position, while resting my brush against the opening and squeezing very slowly. That's a bit of a pain. I'm not really sure what would work better, maybe a glass bottle or a little jar that I could dip the brush into (and that other people could put their fingers in). I'll probably put mine into such a container eventually. I'm always repackaging things that I find unsatisfactory. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

Let me start off by saying I haven't worn foundation in awhile. I usually use BB creams. So when going back to a full coverage foundation is a pretty big switch. This foundation is very matte, which I'm fine with, but the full coverage combined with the matte aspect of this foundation made the skin look very dull and flat. It also very much looks like makeup. I applied with a damp BB and it still appeared heavy and mask like. Its also very sticky and absolutely needs to be set with powder. I can't imagine a super matte formula + powder would work for dry skin but it certainly didn't work with my oily skin either. I couldn't recommend this to anyone with aging skin because it does settle the creases beneath my eye and looks very obvious. I can't imagine this would do well with fine lines. Considering that this foundation appeared very matte on my skin I assumed it would work well with my oily skin. It did not. This foundation completely failed to live up to its 25 hour claim and began to wear off after a few short hours. I was really disappointed. Another problem with this foundation is that the packaging is awful. I thought a squeeze tube would be convenient but instead it just leaks all over the place without being squeezed and makes a big mess.
Overall, a rather pricey drugstore foundation that I can't recommend to anyone. No thanks, Rimmel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KAG123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I watched a You tube video on applying make up (themakeupchair watch her!) Her face looked fabulous, so I went and bought it that night. It's been a week and my face has never been happier with a liquid foundation! :) it covers great and my sensitive skin has no complaints. I just apply it like a lotion with clean hands after my burts bees sensitive skin moisturizer