December 20, 2014 | 1347 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am simply gobsmacked by this product! To start, my skin is extremely oily and very picky about what I put on it. I have been using Revlon ColorStay liquid for about 3 years now, and it has always been the only thing that works for me. Every other foundation I have tried, be it liquid, powder, or something in between, either doesn't dry matte and feels tacky, has too much shimmer in it, or doesn't have enough coverage (which I need a lot of due to uneven skin tone, large pores, and blemishes.) However, my ColorStay routine is quite intense and time consuming, and there are some days where I would rather not have to spend so much time on my face. I'm not really sure what prompted me to try this foundation, perhaps it was the price (almost half of what I usually pay for my ColorStay) but I am very very excited and happy that I did. I am a #150 Buff in ColorStay and decided to try the Ivory in the Lasting Finish, and it is a perfect match. I apply milk of magnesia on my face first as a primer, which definitely helps curb the oil. I then put about a nickel sized blob of foundation on the back of my hand and apply it with a flat foundation brush. With one layer it provides very good medium-high coverage, and for someone with nice skin that would probably be more than adequate. However, I had a few areas that I felt needed to be gone over a second time, and it was very easy to build coverage as needed. I even used a bit more with a small concealer brush to spot conceal a couple blemishes - no need for concealer! It dried quite quickly and at first I was scared it wouldn't be matte enough, but after applying some powder it looked amazing and I was beyond pleased with the coverage, the color, and how well it blurred my large pores. Throughout my 8 hour day I only blotted and re-powdered once, and it looked and felt great all day. I am so pleasantly surprised by how much I like this foundation. I was ready to be let down again and get ready to make a return, but I will definitely be keeping and using this foundation over and over again. A+ for Rimmel with this one.

PROS:
Buildable medium-high coverage
Very affordable
Gives a dewy look without looking too oily
Sets nicely with powder, stays on all day

CONS:
Somewhat limited shade range
Not sure how I feel about the tube vs. bottle
Faint scent (may bother some people)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I have very oily skin in my t-zone, and I feel that this foundation was great for me, especially with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder over top. The colour selection confused me a tad, I bought the shade Ivory, but in the store, it was way too dark, but i bought it anyway. When I actually put it on, I noticed that it actually matched my skintone perfectly!! I like the packaging, however I wish that it was a big larger, I feel like because it isn't a full coverage foundation (it is buildable) I have to use a bit more than usual, it probably won't last me very long. The foundation definitely has a longevity, not sure if it is 25 hours, but it lasts me from atleast 10:00am-8:00pm, which is great to me!! Love it, wish it was a more full coverage, but that's about it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by atousa123

The one foundation I always have to go back to. Good coverage, doesnt look too cakey on my skin. Doesnt last all day tho. Apply primer to make it last slightly longer. And for approximately 5 pounds, it's definitely worth it. I'm olive skinned and I use the 200 soft beige color. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mimili09

The first time i tried it on my face, i hated it ! The smell is really bad, and it feels soooo thick and cakey on the face.. It doesn't even last more than 3 hours.. Bad, bad foundation, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

Surprisingly fantastic. lasts all day, really pretty finish and soft focus look. I love this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I read the reviews here, but was still a bit skeptical. I wanted a cheaper alternative to Revlon Colorstay when I just want to run out the door or go to the park with my child. I bought #400 as I have a tan (natural) skin color --- it fits almost perfectly. Great coverage and easy to blend. Lasts a loooooong time and looked great all day. I love it and will buy it again -- great quality for an amazing price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whoever has a fair skin tone, do yourself a favor and run far, far away from this foundation. While the coverage is nice, the color is horrendous. Within minutes of putting this foundation on, I looked like an extra in an Oompa Loompa special. No good. Yet another few dollars in the trash.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bbybruno

I absolutely love this product. I put in on in the morning at 6 and I when I get home after school and work it's still on. It goes on really matte and has a medium coverage. Usually when Im walking anywhere to work or school I'm sweating, but when I wearing it Im not as sweaty and it still stays on. It also stays matte through the whole day. The only problem I have with it is that Im really lazy to take it off my make up sometimes and I kind of just expect my make up to come off by the morning. So some days it might still on my face depending on what I was doing. Lets be honest it obviously doesn't stay on for 25 hours but it stays on for majority of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

I am on my second tube of this foundation and I love it! The shade 103 true ivory is an almost perfect match for my skin tone and by blending it down my neck and up by my hairline I can make it look almost perfect. I have combination, acne-prone skin that gets pretty dry in some places during the winter and this foundation is only a little bit to dry around the coldest months, but it is great the rest of the year. I apply this foundation with small cosmetic sponges from the dollar store and by doing this I can achieve pretty close to a full coverage look and I only need to use concealer under my eyes even though I have mild acne and redness elsewhere on my face. You do not need to use a primer to make this foundation stay on for several hours, but for super long wear I use Hard Candy Sheer Envy underneath it. The packaging on this product is pretty good, but if you don't want too much to squirt out when you open it try storing it upside down (not on the cap) and then just tilting a little bit out. The plastic tube is great for travel because it doesn't break and the top always stays on. You get a great amount of product for the price and has great coverage that lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by danaj415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I'm totally impressed with this foundation! I am a self-proclaimed high-end product junkie. I guess I like the whole department store experience! However after wasting money on NARS, D'ior, Smashbox etc.. looking for the HG long wear foundation I am truly impressed with this little gem! I thought my D'ior Forever was going to be my HG long-wear foundation but after getting a tan I couldn't find a shade to match, so I searched google to find a great long-wear foundation and Rimmel got rave reviews so off to Ulta I went with coupon in hand:) I bought two shades for $8.00!! WTH! I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good long wear foundation. Also, I find applying this with a beauty blender works best.