eos Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

3.5

Active ingredients: Homosalate 8.0%, Avobenzone 3.0%, Octocrylene 2.75%. Inactive ingredients: Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D’abeille), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Component of Natural Flavor.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. I originally got it because the packaging was so adorable, and I am SO glad I did. It smells amazing. Like a lemon creamsickle. And it tastes good too. Not that I eat it, but if I lick my lips it is yummy. It moisturized my lips well and it was very easy to apply. The packaging is very durable and comfortable to hold. It's almost soft with a matte finish. Overall a great product. I will most definitely repurchase this.

on 2/22/2011 3:11:00 PM

As a Burt's Bees addict, I have found it hard to break out of the BB lip balm cycle for years... until I discovered the EOS Lemon Drop. It smells divine, like a whipped lemon cream pie, and slicking it over your lips gives perfect coverage and moisture.

Love the round packaging, because I can find it in my bag with ease.

on 2/22/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it! It smells so yummy.

EDIT- after a while of using it, the smell got toooo sweet. I think I threw it away when it was around 1/2 or 3/4 used up. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Okay, so I pretty much got this because the packaging is so darn cute. It smells really good as well much better than Carmax or Blistex however it did nothing for my lips and came off easily. When I lost it after babysitting
the only regret I had was the waste of money. I'm going to stick to my Burt's Bees thank you very much.

This is my first EOS lip balm to try, and so far it's been working really well. My lips are very sensitive, especially if there is SPF in it. I've tried many SPF lip balms in the past, and I can honest say that this is the first one that doesn't have the white sunscreen residue or dry/burn my lips.

The lemon smell is quite mild and creamy, not overpowering at all, the packaging is super cute and the design makes the lip balm easy to use. I took off one lippie only because it's not as moisturizing as I'd like to be. Then again, I'm content that at least it's not drying my lips as so many other kind do. If I feel it's not moist enough, I just put a layer of something else underneath it. I'm still in search of a SPF lip balm that protects AND moisturizes both so well, but before I find that "one", this is pretty good. :)

on 2/13/2011 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was very excited to try this. It is fun since it is round and thats all I can say. I kinda like the smell it reminds me of lemonaide but did nothing to improve the quality of my lips and seem to almost dry them out more my bf actually stopped kissing me because he was so disgusted with the taste/smell. I would never try again.WHY is this stuff rated so highly?
Yes, it has a cute shape, is USDA organic, and smells good, however those are the only positive things. This stuff is WAXY. It only feels smooth on my lips for a short time and most times I can't even tell if it's on my lips because it's doesn't want to rub off when putting it on. But use too much and then you'll feel it in a bad way. And I wouldn't even say it's moisturizing. It has no shine, no color, no taste, no scent (it's there but so subtle I could see it almost being unscented), and along with being not that moisturizing, what exactly does it do? I know it has good ingredients but I don't see them in action. Plus I swear it "enhances" the look of cracks.
And the packaging is a complete case of form over function. Because it's so big, it looks weird if left in your pocket, yet because the formula is so waxy, I would like to keep it in my pocket throughout the day so heats up a little and is easier to apply. Yet going back to it's big size, it doesn't heat up even if you do that.
Circular shaped balm also isn't suited for lips. It doesn't contour or fit their shape and is a bit awkward. It actually feels like the thing is gonna break off or is moving around as I use it and the shape encourages using more as well.

on 2/13/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First, the good news - super cute packaging that feels really pleasing in the hand, funky futuristic shape that generates conversation for the beauty-product minded. Tastes really good, and seems to work generally good - nothing earth shattering, but passes the basic test. Spf 15 which is a plus. Now the downside - the awkward sphere shape of the balm itself makes it awkward to apply neatly, forcing you to use a finger or lip brush which is seriously more of a hassle than I want from a lip balm. If I have to get sticky fingers from lip balm, I'd rather use my rose salve. Would not repurchase, but cute.

on 2/11/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I just bought it for it's cute packaging.
It's an alright lip balm. It smells really good though, I would like to try out the other flavors.

on 2/11/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I fell for the allure of its packaging. The lip balm is nothing special, I actually prefer the yestocarrots over this. It doesn't feel like it is really moisturizing rather than sitting on my lips.

on 2/10/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip balm! It tastes like lemonade and is very moisturizing! I keep one in my desk, one in my son's diaper bag, one in my car... basically everywhere! Would repurchase over and over!

Popular Lip Treatments