April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Coral Reef [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jenn555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a beautiful milky peach on my pigmented lips...love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ZynthiaR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty for the summer, the most pigmented SL I've tried yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kittylitter1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous color, nice pigmentation, and decent wear time without being *too* sticky. I love this gloss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally managed to track this down as all the Targets in my area were sold out of this color. Luckily the Target near my parents' hood was fully stocked with all the LE colors. This is my first "bright" lip gloss (looks scary in the tube though the color is so beautiful and uplifting!) as I usually stick with peaches and pinks, and it really suits my NC20 Asian skintone. It's quite pigmented, and it definitely shows on my medium pigmented lips as a coral-pink color with a hint of orange. The texture is creamy and smooth and goes on evenly. It really brightens my face but still manages to look natural, and not garish. Like I've been eating a popsicle :) Perfect summer color. I love Revlon's Super Lustrous glosses, and for about $6, they are great for the price! Coral Reef and Life's A Peach are my favorite shades.

EDIT: My bad, this isn't LE anymore and is now part of the permanent line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't go for coral colors but pair this gloss with a bronzer and this is a great color for summertime. It does apply pretty opaque if you apply a thick layer and I like that it's not at all sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful color! It does go on brighter and more opaque than I expected and since I have pale skin, it can be a little over the top when applied by itself on me. With that being said, this looks great on tan skin. I have also found a way that it can work for me. I first apply a pinky-coral lipstick (like Coral Gleam lipstick from another drugstore brand) and dab this in the center for a more coral glow to the lips. Add a little bronzer and it ends up looking great on my paler skin. I have gotten lots of compliments and I really love this. I think everyone can find a way to make it work for them. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is currently not available in Canada due to Health Canada's regulations on formulations especially for products containing SPF.

My friend actually bought it at Target for me. This is a limited edition item.

This is truly pigmented for a lipgloss and gives off this wonderful coral colour that leans towards the pink side. Even though it claims to be moisturizing, it is at first when you are putting it on. But afterwards the moisture wears away and you get this sticky feeling from the gloss. Also because it is so pigmented and creamy, it will tend to settle into the lines of your lips.

If you are a looking for a more moisturizing lipgloss that won't settle into the lines of your lips, check out Balmshell. I actually did a product comparison of it to the Revlon one:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by chrisK75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

for ref: nc 15, brunette, hazel-green eyes.
    Bought this on a cross-border shopping trip as it is not available in Canada. Paid 8$ USD at Target.

Not a colour that I would be attracted too. I bought this purely based on swatches and reviews on the MUA board.

The packaging is sleek, the applicator is a doe foot, the smell is WONDERFUL (orange creamsicle), the colour is quite pigmented(medium pinkish orange), the consistency is smooth. Upon first application, I was not loving it, however this is probably due to the fact that I hardly ever stray from muted medium pinks or bronzy lipgloss. after a couple of minutes, the opaqueness of the coral colour blended into my lip colour and produced a lovely corally sheer colour which I LOVED!!!!

After using it for a couple of weeks now, I am even loving the opaqueness in the beginning so much that I am actually taking the time to reaply this lipgloss, which I rarely do anyways.

I am super happy with this gloss and hope that it comes to canada soon. Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is such a pretty creamy coral color. The pigmentation is pretty good, leaving a fresh creamy colored lips with a glossy finish. The texture is not overly sticky but not slippery. Stays in places decently and lasts a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

Oh I love this lipgloss. I have NEVER bought a backup of a product before I met this lipgloss. It's just so beautiful.

In the tube it's absolutely gorgeous, a bright creamy coral color. Normally I shy away from coral lips because I'm much more of a nude lip girl but this color was just so beautiful I couldn't walk away.

I like to wear this color over a nude lipstick because my lips are rather pigmented so if I wear this over my natural lips it's just too bright. It turns the color into a bright reddish coral which just isn't as flattering as the color in the tube. If I wear it over a nude lipstick I get the color I originally bought it for.

It goes on smooth, not too sticky (I don't like overly sticky glosses). I'd say the lasting power is a little tricky. It lasts but after awhile the lipgloss settles into lines on my lips that I didn't realize I had. It's not really noticeable unless you're staring at my lips though so it's not such a big deal. So worth it for the color and application.

If you can still find it, buy it, you won't regret it...absolutely fantastic product!