August 1, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i purchased this purchased at alldaychemist.com for $10 for 1 bottle, $1 for the eyeliner brush to apply it with, and $25 for shipping (i got some other stuff too, so i dont feel too bad about paying that much for shipping).

the packaged arrived in excellent condition about 2 weeks after ordering.

as i've only used this for 3 or 4 days, i cant comment on the effectiveness yet, but i wanted to make note of the side effects while they're still fresh in my mind. i'll update this review periodicaly as needed.

my natural lashes: short to medium length, dark brown, very straight.

no noticable darkening of the skin along the lashine, but my eyes do itch quite a bit, and i have to make a point not to rub them.

i should also note that i'm using this on the outer and innermost parts of my brows to help thicken/ darken the hair there. i'll be taking pictures along the way :)

UPDATE after 2 weeks, 3 days: so far, no noticable results, but i didnt really expect to see any quite yet :) my lashline still itches a little throughout the day, so i make a point to remind myself not to rub my eyes so i dont make any lashes fall out. its not a crazy amount of itching or anything though.

i also want to mention that i've stopped using this on the outermost part of my brows b/c i felt that it was getting too much AHA on the brush i use, since i apply an AHA and this after my shower each night. i figured it wasnt a good thing to mix the 2. BUT i'm still applying it to the inner part of my brows and i actually feel like i'm seeing some extra growth there!

UPDATE
i've changed this to a 5 out of 5! :)
i noticed FOR SURE results after about 3 1/2 weeks of use. its now been 4 and a few days, and my lashes are definately longer. not curlier though, and its hard for others to tell much of a difference unless i curl them and put on mascara. i'm also still usin in on the inner par of my brows and i DEFINATELY see more hairs growing! yay!
will update again after another month or so!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by MelanieG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My review isn't so much about whether or not my lashes improved from using this product, as much as the side effects. I experienced such bad side effects from using Carepost, that I had to quit using it after 10 days. The first couple of days were fine, then I woke up one morning with strange red-purple eyelids. Actually, the color went all the way up into the crease of my eyes. My right eyelid was much more discolored than the left, which made covering it up difficult. The next morning, not only was the discoloration darker, my left eye was extremely bloodshot and sore. Not a good look. I kept hoping that it all would go away if I just kept with it, but it didn't. I got online and started looking into what other people were saying about Carepost and Latisse, and it wasn't good, which worried me. I wish that I had researched it more carefully before I bought it. After a week, my symptoms had not improved, in fact now both eyes were red and sore (and my eyelids still discolored). I followed the directions very carefully, and used the product sparingly. Anything that causes side effects like this, on something as important as one's eyes-well I have to question whether it's worth it. For me, no.

22 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by hcnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've waited the full 4 months before writing this review. What this product did was made my lashes super long. Everyone thinks they're fake. However, it didn't thicken them at all, so to me it looks a little strange with long but kind of thin lashes. They're very long, over my eyebrows long. I've had people tell me that they're distractingly long LOL.

Anyway, this week I've added in mavala double lash to see if that can help with the thickness. I'm going to keep using the careprost because I do love the length. I just want to find something that can help the thickness.

I'll update after a month or so with the careprost and mavala!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from alldaychemist in October of 2009. I uploaded a picture of the before and after here under Careprost but also have some pictures on my profile. I saw a real difference after 6 months, October to March 2010. The longer lashes are not as beautiful or amazing as the other examples, but for me, it was fantastic... I have always had the shortest Asian lashes possible, maybe like 1/4 inch. Haha... Anyways, now they are a little more than 1/2 inch. I wish they were 3/4 of an inch but I'm still happy with the results. I applied religiously everynight with my own eyeliner brush. For some reason I made it through 6 months on one bottle. Each application felt like a little more than enough so I don't know how that happened.

They are a little thicker, definitely longer... At first it was really itchy and slightly rashy along the lash line... but I think that went away, then, maybe around June or July I started to get really red, itchy, flaky skin on the inner V of my eyes. I rubbed my eyes a lot and scratched it with my nails, it was just sooo itchy!!! I noticed lashes were falling out and so I tried moisturizing with lotion to soothe the skin but in the morning my eyelids were super puffy (a few times the puffiness lasted all day)!

So I saw my dermatologist and he said I was probably scratching my eyes with my nails, which had nailpolish and I could have eye dermatitis and an allergy to nailpolish. It was true, partly since when I stopped scratching it didn't flare up (I didnt say anything about Careprost because I thought he would lecture me on not using Latisse or something), and he gave me a prescription for Toradex ointment. I put that on almost every night with a Q-tip for the past month or two and it keeps the skin from getting scaly and puffy.

However... I did lose a lot of lashes from all that rubbing, and I still do rub my eyes because it itches.... but I have been continuing to put on the Careprost like 1x a month and it seems my lashes are not quite as lush as when I first finished the 6 month dose, but still a lot better than before.

I don't think the itching and rash is worth 1/4 inch lashes, so I won't be stopping the Careprost any time soon. Good thing I have 6 bottles left!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Jkeo22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using this product for about 12 weeks, I feel like I am ready to write a review for this. To start off, I have short, sparse, thin asian eyelashes. Fortunately my eyelashes have a natural curl. When I started using this product, it took a good month to see any real results. Even then they were still short. I saw noticable growth around the second month, now on my third month I have really really REALLY long eyelashes. My eyelids also got dark and my eyes were irritated for about 2 1/2 weeks, but it went away. Although they are not as thick as I would like them to be, I am very satisfied for what this did for me. I will definitely keep purchasing. I bought mine from ADC, for $11, which includes an eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jennbrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA, without you I would have never learned about Careprost or All Day Chemist.

I have been using this now for about 6 months. I use on my lashes and my eyebrows. It took some time before I saw any results. Believe me when I say my eyelashes were practically nonexistent, short isn't the word for it, you practically needed a microscope to see them and they had blonde tips, and my eyebrows were very sparse.

I now have eyelashes! They aren't super long but with mascara they are better than I could have ever imagined. Actually my lower lashes are super long, but still blonde. Also my eyebrows are filled in and I can shape them beautifully now.

I am so happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

I got this from alldaychemist.com for $10 per bottle. I have been using this for about 12 weeks and I am still on my first bottle.

Background: I have fair, sensitive skin and red hair. my lashes were short and pale on the ends. I started taking pictures to compare length but since the tips are still pale you can't really tell a difference until I put on mascara.

Pros: This stuff is cheap. And it works. My lashes are so much longer that my husband even noticed. I love putting on my makeup every morning because my eyes look so much more awake. I had very few side effects.

Cons: My lashes didn't get darker or thicker, only longer. Also, my eyelids reddened slightly after use. It took at LEAST 8 weeks before I saw any growth at all.

I will definitely keep using this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by MollyL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the careprost product for 7 weeks now, and there is a small difference. My eyelashes were in a poor state after having eyelash extensions. Some had broken off and there were patches. Whilst the patches are now filled in, I am just waiting for the length and the curl. Maybe 7 weeks is too soon???

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great and it truly worked on me. The main reason I love it is because it is $10 (I also got it at ADC dot com) so if I couldn't buy it there, I don't know that I would buy the actual latisse brand because I am just a poor college student.. but either way this is a review of careprost.
I have been using it since June (it is now October) and my eyelashes are definitely LONGER! I did take pictures in the beginning, but even if I hadn't I would have noticed a difference. I don't use as much mascara anymore nor do I curl them with an eyelash curler as much(which used to be my makeup staple).
My eyelashes are not that much thicker and they aren't darker either, however, I have half black/half blonde eyelashes so I personally think that makes a difference in just how pigmented this stuff can change your eyelashes. My eyelashes are still long and gorg, so two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didnīt expect this to be effective on me-
so stupidly enough I didnīt take pictures in progress.:/
(I only review products that are really great,slam dunks OR disappointments IME)

Since I had always has very short lashes Iīve used falsies when going out or performing...struggled with different mascaras or resorted to lash extensions over the years.

As an example of what length of lashes I had before:Ardells short&natural #110 were more than double the length of my own lashes.

So I decided to take the risk of side effects and try out Lumigan/Careprost,because Latisse are not avaliable in the EU legally yet,started using this at the 5:th of August-10,and now itīs the 24:th of October.

My method of application is using a thin *clean* eyeliner brush(one drop is more than enough for upper/lower lashes AND bare spots in brows)dripping it on a *clean* surface,*never* touching the tip of the bottle to anything.

The first two weeks my eyes were a little red,and I felt that my eyes were "crusty"(sorry for the TMI)Regular lubricating eyedrops took care of that,after maybe 3 weeks the side effects were gone.

I have not seen any changes in the pigments on the lids,the first weeks my eyelids were a little red but that disappeared too.After about 6 weeks,I saw some freakishly long,straight growing lashes on the outer corner of my eyes.

They filled in more and more each week,and now people actually ask me what mascara I use,or if I had extensions.
Now they are about the length of Ardellīs "Demi Wispies"false lashes,though not as thick.

With lash curler(must add that the new growth of lashes are very resistant to curling)+any crappy DS mascara they look great IMO!After 16 weeks of use,I will try to get hold of a digicam and post the full results so that you guys can at least see the "after"-really hope this review is helpful for you curious about bimatoprost!:)