November 28, 2014 | 914 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

love love love this foundation
i cant belive how smooth and perfect this foundation is it is my HG product, althought it is sightly dark for my pale skin but i mix it sometimes with white foundation ( not mixing i layer them if you know what i mean:))
i can not talk enough about this foundation as now i am afraid that this will b discontinued, i was at boots the other day and i saw a new version of it and the sales lady told me that they will discontinued it ,i really dont know what will i do then :( plzzzzz bourjois dont do this :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by alexandravirvarei

This product is AMAZING! I love the healthy looks it gives, it's so natural. I'm on my 7th bottle already and its the only foundation i use. For the day i mix it with the clarins beauty balm for a much lighter look. I think this foundation is better for dry-combination skin. It gives a medium coverage but it definetly gives you the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by calooza

It's an amazing product. I have oily acne prone skin for reference...

It's very easy to blend, with every tool. I prefer my expert face brush from real techniques.

Gives really decent coverage, probably medium, if you build it, but it can also be light, depending on how much you apply.

It doesn't feel heavy, it feels very smooth on the skin, it's perfect for everyday use. But it can be obvious you're using makeup :-/

It gives a natural glow to the face, without any shimmer but doesn't feel greasy.

I don't like it for times when my skin it's more oily, because it really gets oily after a few hours. Also, it doesn't last that much.

But i definitely recomend this for normal to combination skin, it's just really nice. One of the best foundations on the drugstore. ^^ It's really a shame i have such oily skin because i really like it and i didn't find anything like it on the drugstore... :-/ maybe the garnier bb cream for oily/combination skin is a good "dupe" for this..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by OverTheHill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The original Healthy Mix was my bestest foundation for ages and I gave it a glowing review on MuA, so when I read that it had been reformulated, my heart sank. Somehow when they start changing the formula to something new, it often isn't an improvement. But the two posts on here were positive, as were a number of beauty bloggers, so I trotted off to the shops even though I still had a bottle of the old formula.
I'm sorry to say.......I don't like it. I use shade 51/Vanilla, and the new version seems to have more pink tones than the old one. The coverage isn't as good, on me it looks shiny rather than dewy from the start, and it goes patchy after only a few hours even with powder. Obviously this is subjective. Many people found the old shades too yellow, some found it too heavy, and they might love the new one.
However for me I think it's back to the drawing board in search of my next go-to foundation. The next time I have a day at home, I have a plan to do my face half and half with the old and new versions, and keep checking it to see how the two halves are looking. My inherent suspicion of 'new and improved'/'reformulated' might be clouding my judgement. But I'm not convinced.....

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by purple_passion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but not on the HG level. Application is easy, its not streaky when i use my mac 190 brush. The packaging is very hygienic and i love that it has a vaccuum-ish pump and see through, plastic bottle so I will not worry when i drop it. My only concern about this product is it feels and looks very oily after about 2 hours! Color turns dark and orange when it oxidizes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have really pale skin and can never find products that match my skintone but this one does! It evens out my skin, hides red marks and gives it a flawless finish. Its a really lightweight foundation so you never looked caked in makeup, its perfect for the natural look!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by blueblackwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in love, this is definitely a HG product! I used to be skeptical about drugstore foundations, I believed that the more I pay the better is the product. Oh, I have tried maaaany foundations Chanel Vitalumier Aqua, Clarins Skin Illusion, Dior Diorskin Nude etc. and Healthy Mix beats them all. And this is the only foundation that I have ever repurchased.
I think this foundation is good for all skin types and ages (I'm 24 and my mother is 53 and we both use Healthy Mix).
If anything, I wish this foundation had some SPF in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great drugstore foundation. It gives a gorgeous dewy glow and I love the smell. I think it needs a decent setting powder for it to work otherwise it does slide a bit during the day. Has decent medium coverage but I prefer medium to full which is why I didn't give it full marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by FairOne23

I love this foundation. I've been using cream foundations for a number of years as opposed to liquid, but wanted something a bit lighter for a change.

This is great - it gives the skin a dewey look, really fresh and healthy.

I'd say it gives a medium coverage - I have quite problem skin right now, I've had a few breakouts, but this seems to give me good coverage, and it's really buildable. I apply the foundation with a damp sponge rather than with my fingers, so I can't comment on how it 'feels' to blend in. Applying the foundation with a sponge perhaps helps with the dewey effect too, although obviously you use slightly more of the foundation when you apply in this way.

I set it with powder, and it lasts all day for me (although it's not been so hot here this week - hoping that it will last as long in the summer months). It also smells really nice, which is unusual for a foundation!

Overall, I would definitely recommend, and will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by deeaclassic

I love it. I had the original Healthy Mix Foundation and I loved it too. They have both light-medium coverage,blend easy,last about 10 hours. I just love them