January 30, 2015 | 942 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I have the Serum version also, for my combo skin, but the color of it is too yellow and it really gets oily on my t-zone. This one is much better, and it treats my horrible dry nose spots wonderfully and doesn´t make them even drier, like most other foundations do (just for that it gets a five). The color really blends well into the skin, and it´s a little too dark for winter me so it´ll be good for the summer. Coverage is great, I don´t like too much coverage and it´s about medium but buildable. The finish is a little dewy but not so much that I have to powder my face afterwards like with the serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful smell and overall great product, it slides on and spreads really well and stays on all day (around 9 hours for me).

If you are pondering on it, give it a go! it really is great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is lovely. Really good coverage, but still natural, sheer and blendable. It gives a bit of a dewy finish but not too much shine. I've tried a couple of the others in the range, but think I'll go back to this one, once I've finished the serum version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always used Mac NC15 foundations as my no. 1s, but during the last year my studenthood started being a bit harsh on my wallet so I decided to explore the waters of half as pricey Bourjois foundations.

Healthy Mix is currently my top used one - their lightest shade is perfect for my pale skin tone, giving it enough healthy colour but not a heavy coverage. It's easy to put on, not too streaky even when I am in a rush, and usually stays looking good most of the day. I am not used to re-applying my foundation during the day and this one gives me the luxury of not having to start with it.

It has a nice dewy finish, which makes me think I might need to switch to a more matte one this summer, also it's probably not a good choice for people with oily skin. Mine is combination and during the cooler months (which, here in Scotland, is most of them) this baby works perfectly. Also it doesn't leave my drier parts of face flakey, it feels quite good for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have got 53 (i use nc20), matches me good, its light in texture and last a few hours, it does not have SPF in it so i use it during night out (when Im not using MUFE), if i need to use it in the morning, i will apply sunscreen first then healthy mix. its an affordable good quality foundation. lasting power could be improve by using a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jenny7085

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i did not like this foundation, the coverage was very poor and after a couple of hours it made my skin very streaky and dry, i would not recommend this foundation. i was looking for something to bring out the glow in face, this foundation did do so but not in the way i wanted

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by laiwah28

I've bee using Mac NC25 for years. When the prices went up I decided to try a different bourjois because of the price and the reviews.
I bought shade 53, its not as yellowy as I'd prefer as I have oriental skin. However its defiantly a good close match. It feels light on my skin, and it is a subtle dewy effect, medium coverage. It lasts a little around 5/6 hours for me without powder (but I do have a oily t-zone), where as I got a few more hours with Studio fix.
Personally I think the apricot smell is pleasant and at £10 I will buy again and don't see the need to try other brands.
My only downfall is that because its a lighter coverage I go back to my Mac Studio fix for a night out.
Hope this helps xo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelk94

This is an amazing foundation! This would have to be the nicest texture and foundation I've tried. It applies beautifully and never looks cakey or thickly layered any excess wipes off. Smells of berries and leaves skin moisturised. For oily skinned people i would recommend powder over the top as it can be a bit shiny. I am shade 51 and will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down this is my HG foundation!!! I apply it with my beauty blender or mac 188 and I absolutely love this!! plus my dry skin adores it! First of all this does not dry out my skin which is rare because almost any foundation I try just sits on my dry patches.... (chanel vitalumiere aqua, vichy aera teint, armani maestro). So... the coverage is medium-light and the finish of this is a kind of dewy but not greasy.... It just looks like your skin in a better more radiant version... I use the shade 51 and it matches perfectly..(i'm nc15). But except the nice coverage, finish and color match of this product... the thing I love the most.. Is that when I remove my makeup.. it makes my skin look better... glowy and kind of moisturized. I don't know how this is happening with a foundation... Maybe you'll think that I'm stupid or something... but it's really happening! Maybe the fruits this product contains... work well with my dry-sensitive skin. Thank you Bourjois!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Smiler90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- Very glowy
- Made my skin feel smooth once applied
- Medium coverage
- Smells nice

Cons:

- Shades could be better, my shade 51 Light Vanilla (lightest colour option) I still had to blend down the neck & chest which I do anyway due to never being able to find a perfect match for my pale skin. Also found it to look a bit orangey, a thin layer looks best

- Does not last very long on me at all, after an hour or two of wear, it started to look terrible!

- I now have boil like, painful spots, I noticed them coming through within a day of wearing it :( !! I tried it for a few more days in case it wasn't the foundation, but I have now had to stop using it.

Overall I would not buy this again due to it breaking me out & it not lasting long enough.
The breakouts - I do have sensitive skin so maybe for "normal" skin this would be fine? Not so sure this would work for very oily skin as it is extremely "glowy"

So sad & annoyed, there's another £10 down the drain & I will continue my search for a great foundation :(