April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon #252B Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by AsianxDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was utterly surprised on how amazing this eyeshadow is! As many people here I saw and read great reviews on it and I couldn't resist. I got it only for $2 dollars and let me say that this is definitely one of the best eyeshadow I own! Pigmentation is great, color is so flattering. I like to use it as a wash but this would also be great for a nice neutral or smokey looks. It's pretty adaptable to used as any look, really. I love it. This is my first eyeshadow from this line and I can't wait to be the others. Buy it you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shadow after seeing it recommended many many times here on MUA. The actual shadow is everything you could want it to be, nice soft shadow that is very blendable and not dusty or chalky at all. The color is lovely, more brown than truly taupe but a really lovely color, easily worn as a wash without being overly dark. My only complaint is that it isn't quite as pigmented as I would like it to be, nonetheless I can see myself using it up and going back for more as it makes for a very easy quick out the door look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's everything everybody said! amazing quality in all aspects~ but it pulls red on me for some reason~ definitely different from Satin taupe which is more purpley~ so basically ymmv!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing so many positive reviews for this I was really excited to try it and since Walgreens was having a 1/2 off sale for WnW I paid a whole buck for this. It applies like butter but on me this shade turns really warm and almost looks coppery/bronzy. I was hoping it would be a cooler toned taupe but that doesn't take away from the product at all for it's very high quality and I would expect to pay *alot* more for it. I'm a *huge* WnW fan anyway and it's what I wear most of the time for the quality is amazing. I wore nutty on my eyelid and blended up towards my browbone but tomorrow I'm just going to wear it on my lid or in the crease with brulee and see if I like it more that way. I put that I would buy this again for I didn't want to bring the rating down for this is a lovely shadow but just a bit different than I expected and I will always buy WnW shadows for they are the bomb!!
EDIT: I have since completely fallen in love with this color and it's my go to when I don't know what else to wear. Goes great with Brulee!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I hate to be one of the few who dislikes this, but this shadow just did not work for me. I really loved the texture and blendability, but the shade seemed to change color over time. When first applied (over UDPP) it was a light warm brown---not the most flattering for me, with silver shimmer. As the hours passed, the shadow turned to a muddy brown and the shimmer now made my lid area look greasy.

I tried this over TFSS with the same results and over ELF primer as well. Perhaps I got a bad batch, but the whole chameleon effect on my lids was not a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the comments here on MUA and I am not disappointed.

I was hoping this would be a similar color to Tapestry Taupe, but with better color payoff. It is!!! I can use this in my crease with TT on the lid and I have a perfect work-appropriate look with enough shimmer in it that helps me look awake.

I can see myself using this forever. It's cheap, there's lots of product in the container, and it makes my grey eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have been wanting to try this shadow for awhile, I finally picked it up when Rite Aid was having their 40% off Wet N Wild sale. It's definitely worth the price. The pigmentation very amazing for the price. It's a soft taupe brown, it has a good amount of frost, but not extremely frosty. I wanna try the rest of the shadows now because i'm curious about their quality. Do I think this shadow compares to MACs Satin Taupe? Yes. But I don't think the quality is as good as MAC, maybe just a little bit under. But definitely worth $3. I used this a few days in a row because it's perfect on it's own when you're in a hurry. I definitely recommend purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

eek. i'm one of the few, but i thought this eyeshadow was garbage :/ for $2? ...sure it's passable. but reading reviews on here made it seem like it was one of those rare, better-than-MAC type of drugstore finds. to me, it's not. what i get is a weak, muted-silvery brown shade that has almost no payoff. the texture is weird & i have to swipe my brush over the shade so much that i sometimes feel compelled to dig my brush into the shadow for product. for me, this shadow is wimpy & not worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty taupe color. The pigmentation and texture are both great. My only complaint is that the packaging sucks. But I only spent $2 on this, so I shouldn't complain. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SiLeNtLvEdREAMER

This is an AMAZING eyeshadow! It's quality and performance can rival any MAC shadow! The best thing is that it's a fraction of the price! The color is kind of a Walnut color with silver shimmers and it closely resembles MAC's Satin Taupe. I do agree with another review that mentioned that it is similar in color to the Maybelline Natural Smokes Eyeshadow Quad (The lid color) but the maybelline's one can't compare to the pigmentation of the Wet 'n' WIld one. The formula is smooth and buttery and it just glides on when being applied. 'Nutty' is extremely pigmented and you only need a little bit when applying it on your lids.
PROS:
~Cheaper (can be bought at drugstores)
~Smooth & Buttery
~Easy to apply on your lids
~Extremely Pigmented
~Cute & Durable Packaging
CONS: NONE
5/5 Stars (WILL re-purchase)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No