December 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Taupe lovers, rejoice! Get this! It's only $1.99, and has a GREAT texture. It's a beautiful shimmery taupe. It does not lean purple or grey at all. I love it. I can make it work with just about anything. Lately this has been my go to for a quick eye look when I am in a hurry. I use thins on the lid, blend it up into the crease and smudge on the lower lash line. Add liner and mascara and I have a great, quick neutral smoky look.

I have worn it without a primer. Yes, it faded and a little, but not in a gross/splotchy way. With a primer it looks flawless all day.

I like that the packaging in compact, so I can throw it into my makeup bag for on the go. However, I find it hard to open.

I picked up all the neutral shades they carry and I like them all. I really hope they release more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW....who would ever think you could get such a great eyeshadow for under 3 bucks? I picked this up yesterday, figuring I had nothing much to lose if it turned out to be a washout but this is a lovely shadow. I'd been thinking of buying Urban Decay's YDK but this is so close in colour and such good quality that I won't bother now! I wore this yesterday evening all on its own. I just swiped it across my lids and up to the crease and then packed on a bit more to intensify the shade on my lids. It's a beautiful cool beigey-taupe shade with a subtle, flattering "light" to it - a sheen that doesn't look harsh or "frosty" - more like a "glow".

The packaging seems a bit flimsy and I am worried that it could break easily (but then I've had MAC compacts break and MAC shadows are 5 times the price!) but it's small and the lid is clear so you can see what colour you are reaching for.

I am very tempted to try the Colour Icon palettes now, based on how great this shadow and the other one I have (Brule? can't recall now) are working out. You can't miss with these shadows - they offer such great product at an unbelievable price.

UPDATE: Some say this is a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe. I have ST and while I love it, I have to say that Nutty is not an exact dupe. Nutty is virtually identical to Nars Ashes to Ashes, though (and at a fraction of the price). I'd been wanting Ashes to Ashes but after reading that Nutty was very close to it, I took my little pan of Nutty to Sephora to check (both with the dreadful in-store Sephora lighting and with the flood of natural daylight in the mall concourse) and they were so close as to be indistinguishable to me (and believe me, I can almost ALWAYS see enough of a difference to justify purchasing another new eye shadow). As I'm so happy with the texture, pigmentation and application of Nutty (and haven't had it shatter on me yet - I know this happens to a lot of people), I figure I can pass on Ashes to Ashes and splurge on a NARS shadow that is truly unique (maybe the Habanera duo). It helps too that Nutty is also amazingly close to the colour of Chanel Safari and, again, it's less than 1/10th the price. What a great little bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It is a great neutral color that I think would look good on any skin tone. I am NC40 and this is very natural looking on me. It is a medium neutral taupe with some shimmer. I use this with Brulee as a highlight. This lasts all day with no creasing over UDPP and Mac Soft Ochre Paint Pot. It's well pigmented and goes on super smooth. I really like that this is small and compact since it doesn't take up a lot of space in my purse or vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Beautiful taupe with very smooth texture. I like pairing this with WnW Brulee on the lid, Nutty on the crease and sometimes BB After Hours to darken up the crease. Perfect combo, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this awhile ago due to all the good reviews. I have been on a wet n wild kick lately and I am loving them. I was hesitant at first, wet n wild brought back memories of bad bright blue eye shadow and sickly pink lipstick. This color is amazing, its a silvery taupe gray, it has a nice sheen, not glitter but a soft glowy look. The texture is soft, not too soft but perfect, nice pigmentation and it blends well. The packaging is rough I have a hard time getting mine open (I have this problem with the other single shadows from this line too) but for the 1.99 I paid I am not gonna complain. This is my go to shadow when I don't know what to do, or when I want a more subtle natural look, just this and brulee from the line as a highlight and I am good to go.

Overall I would/will buy this again way to go wet N wild!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lilyflower26

Beautiful cool brown color and velvety texture. I absolutely love this color. It is super cheap and the quality is great. Only small complaint is that it is kind of hard to open, but i can live with that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sfaithj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is a gorgeous, neutral, highly pigmented, smooth texture eyeshadow. It looks great on my warm skin and I suspect it would look gorgeous on cool toned girls too. I paired it with sugar in the highlight for a beautiful, neutral eye. LOVE IT! Just need to go out and buy more!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kentuckyrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well for the price I can't really complain. A nice, easy to use neutral taupe. My only complaint is that the color's intensity fades quickly on me. I don't think I will miss it too much when (if) I use it up...but only because I have so many other similar colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Silvery Taupe shade that is almost identical to Chanel's Vega. Very professional looking, perfect for a wash with black liner for work. The $2 price tag just sweetens it. Not my favorite taupe because it lacks the multiplicity and dimension of say MAC Satin Taupe, but still very pretty, and the texture, as with all of these, is divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by PaisleyPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this shadow in the creme brulee and I love it good color payoff, and darn good price. I love how Wet N Wild have stepped their game up.