Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 10/27/2010 3:45:00 PM

I love Lucy Mineral Foundation.
When compared to my Bare Essentials Starter Kit, Lucy minerals looks waay more flawless and covers up my acne scars much better.
Tips for new mineral makeup users: Buy the appropriate brush, it makes a huge difference. Make sure that you buff foundation into your skin to create that naturally flawless look that stays put all day. I buff the foundation into my skin in small circular motions for around 2 minutes before applying a second layer and repeating the process.

on 10/26/2010 7:20:00 PM

I've been using this for a month and have found this MMU doesn't break me out at all. It doesn't go organge or change into a horrible mess. A con is that I have acne scarring and though this covers well initially, by the end of my work day I can see the worst bits 'shining' through. So the staying powder isn't the best for me (this is mostly on my oily t-zone). I use the fininshing powder too.
I have very fair skin but I found the Fair colour to be too light. made me look a bit sick haha. The Light colour seems to have more yellow in it than I'd like but it matches better. Sometimes I mix the two together which works well, it's just fiddly...
It's cheap. Great coverage. I had this shipped out to Australia and received it in no time! This is the best MMU I've found so far but I'm going to keep looking to find something better for me... 4/5 :)

on 10/23/2010 6:58:00 AM

I fully agree with the reviewer below. Finally a mineral foundation I can wear without making my fine lines stand out. Today I am going for the full size in Light Medium, as my sample is running out soon.This foundation is holy grail material to me. I love it! It is VERY creamy, and just a tiny amount gives me exactly the coverage I want. My skin is leaning towards dry, and this mmu is not drying at all on me. EDIT 11/06/2010: I ordered the express kit # 2, and changed it to two full sizes of foundation. And also, I asked for one of the jars to be a 50/50 mix of Bisque/Light Medium (to use as my winter shade). My order arrived today, and the custom mix jar has my name on it! You know, where the name of the shade is stated? There it is; My NAME, in professional print as if it was the name of the shade. Wonderful touch <3

on 10/19/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Truly excellent product. It takes a while to get used to the application - very easy to cake it on. A little goes a VERY long way.. and now I've perfected the art of applying, and changed from a flat top to a rounded kabuki (applies less at a time), I have to review it as well and truly 5 lippies. Excellent natural coverage, no adverse reaction from my skin, and I get compliments all the time on my glowing skin. Also, Bisque a perfect colour match. A must try!

Edit: Forgot to say - I'm heading (fast) towards 40 and all the other mineral powders I've tried settle into lines and accentuate ageing, to differing extents. But they all do it. Was considering a liquid foundation until I found this one on MUA. Lucy Minerals hides all lines, doesn't dry out my skin and is all round brilliant. You will need a sunscreen underneath though as you need so little it wouldn't provide comprehensive protection from sunburn...

on 10/19/2010 8:05:00 PM

Lucy minerals is my new favorite makeup & i love make up! The mineral foundation works so muich better than BE. It covers very well & last pretty much all day. I would recomend to anyone. I also love the Lucy Mineral eye shadows there fantastic & the blush.

on 10/6/2010 11:54:00 PM

After reading the reviews on here and doing as much research as I could to find the best mineral foundation, I have to say that I think I found it! The coverage is amazing, it covers as well as my liquid foundation without feeling as heavy on my face. Using this along with the finishing powder saves me so much time getting ready, too, and that is a huge bonus. I think the prices are completely reasonable and plan to buy more when I run out.

on 9/9/2010 10:23:00 PM

Holy Cow is this stuff awesome! HG HG!!! I am a makeup junkie especially when it comes to foundations. I gave up on mineral makeup awhile ago. Most of them looked like hell. BE what the hell? I couldn't figure out why it was so popular. I looked worse with it on. Made every flaw stand out. Well I discovered MUA and started reading all the reviews of different makeup and started doing some searches for high lippies in all areas of cosmetics and came across a few brands that stood out on MUA and from what people said about BE sucking. So I thought I would give Mineral makeup another chance. I started ordering samples from a few of the popular Mineral makeup companies that other MUA people liked. Lucy's Minerals stood out from the samples I tried and is awesome. I was just looking at myself in my rearview mirror the other day and was like damn my skin looks good! I have been wearing it for about 2 months. It just evens everything out without looking like you have makeup on. Do be careful this is potent. Don't over do it. This stuff has great coverage. I have very oily skin but have only tried the regular Lucy's and love it. I might get the oil control next spring to try it out but the Shisiedo ultimate spf 55 that I just discovered from MUA is doing a pretty good job under the Lucy's . LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It has antioxidants and sunscreen too.

on 9/9/2010 9:22:00 AM

The other reviews here give all the product info so I just want to add my experience. I have used minerals for almost 20 years now. Started with Bare Minerals, moved on to Jane Iredale and have used Everyday Minerals for the last 3-4 years. As my face gets older and product lines change, or don't change, I have always been able to find another lines that did the job. Lucy Minerals is so much more than just doing the job...it makes my skin look GOOD! In reading these reviews I couldn't wrap my head around a "creamy" finish mm but now that I have this fantastic foundation I would agree it does have a creamy finish. Even at 50 I still have an oily t zone so I use the OCC finishing powder over my hourglass primer but under the Lucy foundation. Finish off with a light extra coat of OCC finish on the t zone only and I end up with a glowing yet very NATURAL looking face....the OCC has totally normalized the oil so I don't have the slick in the middle anymore. It also has the coolest effect on my blush, I have never mastered the blending for a really natural looking blush but applied over the OCC finishing powder does it for me, hard to explain but a real bonus....and on my skin it feels like nothing, not dry or tight or slick, just like I don't have on any makeup! My male hairdresser told me yesterday that I looked happy and rested...the only difference was Lucy Minerals. Also had a dental appointment yesterday and the same hygenist who has seen me for 20 years said right away to me, "you look good today, like you are well rested and calm, can't really put my finger on it,". Neither of these people have ever said anything like that before so I have all the confirmation I need that Lucy is what hasbeen missing in my face collection! Any of u minerals ladies out there less than totally satisfied with your current product need to give Lucy a try. Samples are generous and inexpensive, I found a match in my first batch of 3.

on 8/24/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fast shipping, great coverage..I only need a small amount for coverage, GREAT PRICES ON KITS!! I just bought a full size foundation and finishing powder for $20! best make up I have ever used. Beautiful! I have acne/scars/large pores..the full load of facial flaws and my skin was just commented on how beautiful it is. WOW! I can't stress this enough. Also, I have oily gross skin, and this lasted all day. Only blotted once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited as you can see :D

P.S. the samples last awhile, and have fantastic packaging!

on 8/17/2010 1:32:00 PM

I have been trying my different mineral powder foundations for the last few weeks to figure out which ones I like and why. LM definitely has the best coverage, using the least amount of product. I even used a big fluffy brush instead of a dense flat brush and got crazy good coverage. I didn't want to take a star off for this, but be careful not to overdue it as I am a little cakey around my nose. A blotting paper took this right off though. I just ordered a few more samples before I get the full size. I went to the site and noticed the new oil control formulas so I am going to give those a try. I also ordered the lightest shade and a darker shade to experiment with highlighting and contouring with it. I can't wait!!