April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dyed my hair last night. I had my hair henna'd with indigo and it was black black black (i am asian with naturally medium dark brown hair). So i had my gf give me highlights to break up the dark. Well my highlights were just too dirty blond looking so i bought a box of #5 Medium Brown to tone it down. It completely covered my highlights and thats totally fine with me because this is a semi and it will fade with each shampoo. It looks FANTASTIC and makes me mad that i spend so much money at the salons! It left my hair super soft and crazy shiny and my bf lovessss it. There is no brassiness or going green (i stay away from "ash" when i have blond highlights). I love that it is Ammonia free. The texture is slightly runny for me but i just made sure i was super careful. No staining. My usual go to was Natural Match (heart!) but CVS pulled it from their shelves! :( This Healthy Look line seems to run lighter than the usual dyes. I love it and will repurchase other browns in the future :) $9.99 at CVS. The gloves are flimsy btw...oh and i agree with the other user that said its hard to get in when the hair is dry. I have one blond streak leftover but its underneath so i dont mind...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by 5damons

I was a very happy user of discontinued Colorspa Moisture Actif in #36 Mocha (light brown) for about 10 years, and hoping for a replacement, I tried this product in 6-Light Brown. Sadly, I'll keep looking. The product turns to a very thick, paste-like consistency after application which makes it difficult to wash out. The included gloves are HUGE; think plastic vegetable bags from the grocery store with crude finger partitions. My grays are a bit resistant, so I left the haircolor on about 40 minutes (same as I would have done with Colorspa). The final result was just o.k., not fabulous, and certainly not like Colorspa. And after just 3 washes with a color-protecting shampoo, my roots and grays are an unattractive shade of pink. I don't like the product well enough to try it in another shade, so I'm off to the drugstore for some Clairol Natural Instincts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So sorry to bring down the ratings. I have been dying my hair for 18 years and will file the results under my epic fail list.
I purchased 5CB Chestnut Brown and applied the product over my medium bown hair. I chose chestnut brown as I was hoping (and thinking) I would achieve golden reddish medium brown hair, but instead ended up with black hair with red tones! I'm happy that my combo of dish soap shampooing followed by deep conditioning has faded my hair to a dark/medium brown with under lying red tones in 3 days. I'm hoping that a few more days of this ritual will continue to aggressively fade my colour. Definitely won't try this product again.
Pros: Works in 10 minutes. No obnoxious hair dye smell.
Cons: My personal results. Flimsy saran wrap-like gloves provided in the kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by JanineG

Firstly, DO NOT GO BY THE COLOR ON THE BOX. GO BY THE PLASTIC HAIR ON THE DISPLAY. I bought the medium reddish brown, thinking it would be a little lighter on my light brown hair. However, I now have dark burgundy hair.

I will say, the colour is even, with multi-tonal hues. My hair is shiny and feels nice. I'm hoping the colour will lighten a tad with a few washes.

It smells like your basic hair dye, but the conditioner smells like a decent floral scent.

So its nice, not phenom.

Just listen to the box when it says if you're unsure of the shade, go one shade lighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by luvbags3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the store with green hair, light shade of it. I had blonde hair I colored it ash blonde and green happened. Well I didn't want to add another permanent color on and this seemed like a good option.

I picked 5G medium golden brown, it came out the same color as the box quick, easy, doesn't smell bad, and doesn't damage hair. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mellynnmac

I was excited to see a new semi-permanent hair colour on the market, especially one from L'Oreal. I purchased the black, and let me tell you is it ever BLACK. I was interested in the product after reading the promises on the box of a pleasant refreshing scent. Well, thats a bit of an exaggeration, but it smells far more pleasant than a permanent dye for sure. The application was quick and not at all messy, and the processing time is a short 10 minutes, good for doing your hair on the run. As this is a new product, there have been coupon and sale promotions, so now is a good time to try it. For users of Natural Instincts, this is a great alternative, but I still slightly prefer the scent of Natural Instincts. I purchased this for 7.99 at shoppers drug mart with a coupon and feel like I definitely got my money's worth

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by chrystnamigs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

bought and used this product over the weekend. I purchased Dark Brown. I really like this hair color. I usually use Herbal Essence in Foxy Brown, but have a really hard time finding it so i tried Healthy look. Color came out great, just want i wanted and left my hair very shiny! The only warning i have about this product is be very careful to NOT get it on your skin.....it does not come off like other hair colors do. Even after scrubbing i still have some on my skin. So def be careful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the lightest blonde shade which I think was called White Chocolate. I just dyed my hair last weekend, and so far, so good. This worked well on by light brown roots, I didn't get any brasiness. I also liked that it didn't contain ammonia, which is not only very damaging to your hair the smell is sometimes intolerable.
I left this on for 20-25 minutes. The only downside was this was difficult to wash out. The hair color felt very thick on my hair, almost like a mask would be and it took me twice as long to wash it out as a regular haircolor. Any product that does not give me brasiness, I'd repurchase. I have better luck with Clairol, overall. Most L'Oreal haircolor gives me brasiness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by angelzstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a sucker for new products XD So when I saw this at Rite Aid, I wanted to try it and so I bought the Dark Chocolate to touch up on my hair......And now, I regret it because although it didn't damage my hair (in fact, it made it shinier), it made my already dyed hair ( black--> light brown hair) black, almost dark blue even! I tried dying with a permanent color later on and the black did not lighten up...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LaFievre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been on a kick to make my hair red again (naturally generic brown, somewhere b/t light brown and medium brown), but without the commitment of permanent dye like I had used in the past. I got Healthy Look at Ulta in Medium Reddish Brown (5-R), and applied it following the directions (which specified that I should leave this shade on 15 minutes).
I love everything about this product so far!
Since I'm used to permanent color, I prefer the dry application this color calls for. For me, it helps me ensure all my hair is evenly covered. I love that the formula is thick (gel-consistency) instead of watery so it is not prone to drips. I loved it didn't smell awful (not pleasant, but what hair color is). I also loved the evenness of my color results. Root to tip was the same color, but it left my natural highlights/lowlights, so I don't have flat one-tone color. It also covered my silvery grays without any problems.
The only caveat to this, is that the color is by no means a medium reddish brown. It's the color the woman has on the box, which is much closer to medium auburn (mix of purple, red, and a hint of copper) without any brown in it. This is not a problem for me, since the redder the better, but if you want a brown with a hint of red, this color may not be for you. I'd recommend going to the lighter color, which is more of strawberry brown.
I have not had much fading at all in the first week, which is unusual. Natural instincts usually fades to a completely different color within 4 washes for me, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I do use a sulfate-free shampoo however. Since I have had barely any fading, I haven't experienced the red "brass out" that usually happens with temp dyes where they pull a little orange as they wash away.
Will update after a full month to see if it holds up as a true auburn or if it fades to a coppery brassy mess like natural instincts.
UPDATE -- It's been 7 weeks, and this color has not pulled brassy at all! It has not, however, washed out. The color is a medium-light brown (my natural base) with a hint of red in it still. Enough that I have subtle roots as my hair is neutral to ashy. The remaining red would be easy to dye in a brown over if i wanted to, but I plan to redye it this shade of red. My hair condition is excellent with no split ends. I highly recommend this unless the slight remnant of auburn red color would upset you. It stayed true to tone for almost 4 weeks, then faded out gradually.. I like this a lot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No