BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Didn't like at all. It seemed way too pasty and it dried super fast when I dotted it on - I didn't even have time to spread it. I tried to and it just caked up and made my eyes look horrible. Like I had put too much foundation or concealer on them. I ended up using my damp foundation sponge to rub most of it off.

I have a few mini tubes of this so that's pretty much the only reason I wouldn't buy the full sized version, although I don't really reach for this primer all that often.

It is a nice shadow primer; it helps my shadows stay put all day, colors look truer and there is no creasing. I haven't used it as a primer for my concealer yet but I'm sure it would work for that too.

It's a nice product, something worth checking out.

on 7/28/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in a sample size, so I don't know what the packaging is like for the full sized product. Mine is in a tube with a doe-foot applicator. The product itself isn't bad, but for the money I would have to pay for the full size, it isn't worth it. My eyemakeup does stay on longer witht this, but it seems like the higher-end the eye shadow, the less this helps? Weird, but that's what I've noticed! The color is kind of yellowish, so it look awkward when I apply it anywhere above my crease. I'm pretty fair, so if you're deeper toned, this may be problem. Overall, I probably won't buy again. I'd rather try a different eye primer.

on 7/28/2011 7:55:00 AM

The pump is a major problem. There is wasted product due to the packaging which is something they have to work on.
What I love about this primer is the fact that it conceals as well. I adore that. I normally have to prime first, conceal and THEN work on my eyeshadow - with this stuff, its all in one step.
When I first used this product, I wasnt crazy about the creasing, but I've learned that this is a primer you have to work into your lid. I really think they need to change this packaging to a wand-type of applicator. Once its worked in, it really won't stray.
I got to try it since a friend was working for Sephora and he recieved it gratis - I dont know if I'm okay with shelling out $26 for a good product with a very fault pump, however.

This is garbage. The only good thing I can say is that it is a so-so concealer. It creased and the colors of my shadows were ok, lemon-aid helps the colors pop better than this waste of money. The packaging is ok, but I can deal with sub-par packaging if the product works as advertised.

on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price I paid for this I am really disappointed. I only use this product to help brighten under my eyes and to prime my eyelids before putting on eyeshadow. I normally don't put any concealer on top of this product as I feel it only weighs my skin down more. The consistency is pretty thick and the packaging causes the product to kind of clog up around the top. You really don't need a lot of this product so I find just one tiny pump is enough but it's really hard to control how much comes out.

I would much rather use a clear primer for my face and eyes than this product. It really just feels like I'm adding another layer of foundation or concealer to my eye area. The only reason I still use it is because I paid so much for it and hate throwing things away!

on 7/19/2011 6:57:00 PM

I can't figure this stuff out. It reminds me of UDPP Eden in color and consistency but that's where the comparison stops. SDS doesn't do anything for shadow vibrancy. If anything, it made my shadow show up less. (wth?) the only good thing about this is that it did not crease but who cares when you can't see your shadow? I used a NYX trio that I'm hitting the pan on.....it's always really bold, especially over primer or a paint pot. SDS totally butchered my look!

on 7/19/2011 11:10:00 AM

This doubles as a concealer for undereye and lids so I hardly use concealer after applying it otherwise I will end up with a cakey finish. The shade is a light beige & dries quickly after application, after which I apply powder shadow to make it last longer. It helped especially living in a tropical & humid climate.

Initially I liked it but the stuff will separate in the bottle after a couple months usage. I thought my first bottle was a dud but it happened to my second bottle too so I doubt I will repurchase. This stuff separated into an oil & mushy concealer which rendered it useless as it will be too thick too apply on the lids. What a waste considering I still had > 50% left of the product left.

Pros :
Initially it applies smooth
Keeps powder shadow on for reasonably long, but not when I'm sweating loads
Can double for a light concealer

Cons:
Expensive
Separates into oil & gunk after a couple months
Might be too light on a darker complexion

on 7/10/2011 1:32:00 AM

Not worth it. UDPP and TFSS are great and only about $18. This is something like $26 and not good at all. It creases within a half hour, it does nothing to increase the color of your shadows, and it actually drys out your lids to the point where its red and raw and it hurts. So not worth the money, even if it were half as expensive it wouldn't matter. I would not spend a dime on this product again. Bad bad bad!

on 7/2/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff is a joke. I tried SDS on it's own after my shadow creased while wearing this so-called primer. And guess what, even with no eyeshadow on it creased. I ended up with SDS in my crease. Not the look I was going for.
I would NEVER repurchase this with their "recipe" as it is today. The only way I would consider it again is if they reformulated it-completely! And even then, I'll read the MUA reviews first;)
Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere. There are a number of better primers out there and I do mean a big number!! Like every primer out there today!!!

P.S. I tried to give this a 0 but, I was forced into 1 lippie:I