BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

This is garbage. The only good thing I can say is that it is a so-so concealer. It creased and the colors of my shadows were ok, lemon-aid helps the colors pop better than this waste of money. The packaging is ok, but I can deal with sub-par packaging if the product works as advertised.

on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price I paid for this I am really disappointed. I only use this product to help brighten under my eyes and to prime my eyelids before putting on eyeshadow. I normally don't put any concealer on top of this product as I feel it only weighs my skin down more. The consistency is pretty thick and the packaging causes the product to kind of clog up around the top. You really don't need a lot of this product so I find just one tiny pump is enough but it's really hard to control how much comes out.

I would much rather use a clear primer for my face and eyes than this product. It really just feels like I'm adding another layer of foundation or concealer to my eye area. The only reason I still use it is because I paid so much for it and hate throwing things away!

on 7/19/2011 6:57:00 PM

I can't figure this stuff out. It reminds me of UDPP Eden in color and consistency but that's where the comparison stops. SDS doesn't do anything for shadow vibrancy. If anything, it made my shadow show up less. (wth?) the only good thing about this is that it did not crease but who cares when you can't see your shadow? I used a NYX trio that I'm hitting the pan on.....it's always really bold, especially over primer or a paint pot. SDS totally butchered my look!

on 7/19/2011 11:10:00 AM

This doubles as a concealer for undereye and lids so I hardly use concealer after applying it otherwise I will end up with a cakey finish. The shade is a light beige & dries quickly after application, after which I apply powder shadow to make it last longer. It helped especially living in a tropical & humid climate.

Initially I liked it but the stuff will separate in the bottle after a couple months usage. I thought my first bottle was a dud but it happened to my second bottle too so I doubt I will repurchase. This stuff separated into an oil & mushy concealer which rendered it useless as it will be too thick too apply on the lids. What a waste considering I still had > 50% left of the product left.

Pros :
Initially it applies smooth
Keeps powder shadow on for reasonably long, but not when I'm sweating loads
Can double for a light concealer

Cons:
Expensive
Separates into oil & gunk after a couple months
Might be too light on a darker complexion

on 7/10/2011 1:32:00 AM

Not worth it. UDPP and TFSS are great and only about $18. This is something like $26 and not good at all. It creases within a half hour, it does nothing to increase the color of your shadows, and it actually drys out your lids to the point where its red and raw and it hurts. So not worth the money, even if it were half as expensive it wouldn't matter. I would not spend a dime on this product again. Bad bad bad!

on 7/2/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff is a joke. I tried SDS on it's own after my shadow creased while wearing this so-called primer. And guess what, even with no eyeshadow on it creased. I ended up with SDS in my crease. Not the look I was going for.
I would NEVER repurchase this with their "recipe" as it is today. The only way I would consider it again is if they reformulated it-completely! And even then, I'll read the MUA reviews first;)
Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere. There are a number of better primers out there and I do mean a big number!! Like every primer out there today!!!

P.S. I tried to give this a 0 but, I was forced into 1 lippie:I

on 6/3/2011 2:06:00 AM

Packaging is definitely a fault on this one--the pump distributes waaay too much product at a time.

That said, this primer works wonders with drugstore eyeshadows. My revlon looks amazing for 12+ hours when I use this stuff. However, when I used it with a NARS eyeshadow, it totally creased straight off. Go figure.

I'm very pale and disagree with comments about the primer not matching skin. If you pat it in, it's not noticeable...

on 5/29/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BeneFit has a bad habit of making products in a verrrry limited range of tones. And since I am not Crayola Peach, this won't work on me at all. BUT, if I was, I still would have little use for SDS. The pump is messy, the smells is off-putting, and the mattifying aspect lasts for a short time.

on 5/25/2011 7:18:00 PM

They might as well call this primer "Please, do crease!"

Because it does. Granted, I live in Atlanta, that is not exactly shadow-friendly city (hot/humid); but I never had problems with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. With SDS I got not only your regular, conventional - horizontal - creases but vertical as well. This is the biggest achievement of this primer. Shadows start to crease (badly) in about 3 hours.

I read in other reviews to use a tiny dot only... And I did - pretty much with the same results. I also think that primer is supposed to be convenient to use. Aka I just slap it on my lids without thinking if the dot is tiny enough.

Bottom line: I am happy I got a sample of it. Not going to buy a full size, obviously.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Ok, ok, the packaging can make or break peoples' decision to repurchase this product: faulty pump = wasted product = wasted $$$! So, I'll leave that up to you whether the product itself is worth the hassle...

Barring the packaging, I really like this product! This is the first primer I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have oily lids and have a problem with my eyeshadow disappearing and creasing after two hours of wear. But I do NOT have that problem with this stuff. When I first tested this out, I checked out my eyes throughout the day, and what I found was that this primer didn't suppress my oil, but instead, let the oil come through WITHOUT melting or moving my eyeshadow into my creases! AMAZING! I tested this out for a week, and day in and day out, same effect! I would apply this at 8a and 15 hours later, still there! There were a couple of occasions that there was MINIMAL creasing, but that happened at hour 12/13... Um, that's fantastic for me!

The texture of this primer is almost like a liquid powder - it's not smooth like liquid foundation. It dries pretty fast, so you'll have to work quickly to spread it, but I've found that if I apply a little at a time, that seems to remedy that. It dries to a smooth, powdery finish, has no shine or tackiness to it either. I also do not apply any concealer over it. It is just a great primer. I'll reserve HG status until after I at least try UD's Primer Potion... but this stuff is pretty darned close.

Video Reviews & Tutorials