September 2, 2014 | 1830 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eye primer would be fantastic for someone who tends to have oily eyelids or for people who live in very humid areas during the summers. Right now it dries out my eyelids, so I wouldn't personally use it except during the summers when something like UDPP would get melty, but it's definitely an excellent product for those specific purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I love this primer, it holds my shadows on until I take them off. I would have given it a 5 but the packaging is TERRIBLE. You have to lightly tap the pump, if you don't you will end up with enough product to last a week. I find I only need a tiny drop of it to cover my whole lid. I love the actual primer but I really wish Benefit would change the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does not work as an eyeshadow primer. I don't see greater color payoff and it doesn't help eye shadow stick. My shadows stayed for maybe an hour and gone in four. I won't be buying again- I am glad I have the smaller version that came in this set of minis from Sephora. I am going back to my Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! I have used the one by Smashbox but prefer this one as it's a bit cheaper, you get more product and coverage is not as thick/matte looking on my eyelids. You only need a very small amount of this product to get really good results.
I have sensitive eyes and this has not irritated them once! It holds eyeshadow and liner really well and I find I don't have as much creasing on my lids. This primer also makes applying eyeshadow a breeze! It makes it easier to blend and it also intensifies any eyeshadow.
My eyelids are quite light and this primer covers up the freckles and the small bluish veins. It is great on those days when you just want an even canvas on your eyelids and don't feel like applying eye makeup. It looks great alone with some mascara!
Now the only minus which frankly gets on my nerves , is the pump. If you pump it too hard you end up getting one big dollop of product that you don't need. If this happens, I would suggest getting some kind of small pill box and scooping the extra product into it so all of it does not go to waste and you can use it next time.
I have found if I use small, shallow pumps (almost tapping on the pump) that I get enough for one eye and I don't have extra that is going to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by posie85

i have been using this since it came out and absolutely love it.
in fairness, it is the first eye primer i've used, so i can't compare it to others, but my eyeshadow used to last a couple of hours before it would have creased and disappeared. now i put it on in the morning... and totally forget about it; it really works.
the only downside is that i find it can look a bit heavy under the eye as a concealer, and it is supposed to do both. but as an eye primer, i've been totally pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Gittel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product and it is a very good primer and concealer, but it is very drying and doesn't go on smoothly like Urban Decay's primer potion (which is not as good a primer as Benefit's Stay Don't Stay). It is also inconvenient to use because the product is very concentrated and the pump dispenses way too much product. I will use the rest of the product, but after it runs out I will try a different primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by SiennaWu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore this product! I use it as a primer on my eyelids before eyeshadow and as a concealer under my eyes and on any spots. 'Stay, don't stray' has a creamy consistency and dries quickly to a flawless finish, covering imperfections all day and leading to perfectly lasting eyeshadow. I have very fair skin and prize my concealer above all other makeup, especially after a late night! It loses points because of the packaging, however, I find that tapping very gently on the top is the best way to get a tiny amount of product, as a little goes a long way! Also, it only comes in one shade, which suits my fair skin but they should really extend their range. Negatives aside, I would definitely repurchase 'Stay, don't stray'. Above all, a winner!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

My shadows still crease with this primer : ( and it takes awhile longer than others to set on the lid before you can apply shadow.

*EDIT*
This product just did not work for me. I tried to use it as an eye shadow primer, it got sticky and didn't really work. I tried to use this as an under eye concealer and it was too dark and had a weird unpleasant texture. Tried to use it as a concealer, and it melted off my face after a few hours. And like everyone else has said, the packaging is horribly designed and way too much product comes out with each pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about buying this product again, mainly because of the packaging. I first tried it as a sample from Sephora and it came with a little wand that made it easy to apply just the right amount. But the regular size is a tube with a press-down depositer cap which, without fail, dispenses way too much product. I know that each use is wasting my money because at this rate, before long, the stuff will be gone. The good news is this primer does make your eyeshadow last all day, and it helps with the brilliance of the shadow color as well. I've also found that with my fair skin, the extra product can be used as a pretty effective overall concealer. Another bad point about the packaging, however, is that the product gets a little messy--it leaves a lot of residue around the dispenser/underneath the cap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Benefit pack with the SDS, Erase Paste & a cream shadow in RSVP. I usually wear UDPP or TFSI as primers and my makeup will last all day. SDS creases on me and makes my eyelids oilier than usual. It felt like it ate my makeup. It's okay if you only need to wear makeup for a couple of hours so I think I'll use it for that instead of wasting my good primers :P