November 22, 2014 | 1887 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sapiosexual

I bought this product only recently and I'm already head over heels for it. It's a wonderful champagne gold, and as such would very much suit warmer, more sallow skin tones. I do find however, that it works beautifully on cooler, pinker skin tones as well. It's fairly shimmery, so use a light hand. The most notable comment on this piece however, is that it's massive. This beauty weighs in at a hefty 8.5 grams [0.3 ounces]. That fact alone makes this product an absolute steal. The amount you get for your money is equivalent to that of a powder foundation or a pressed powder compact. Ultimately, I love this product and would buy it again, but I doubt I'll ever have to even if I use it everyday for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this. my all-time favorite highlighter!! I use it on my cheek bones, cupid bow, inner corner of the eyes, and brow bone. It just works for everything! Most beautiful shimmer, but not too much. Honestly, can't get over how cute the packaging is too and how well made it feels. Just love this product over all. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Finally a product that lives up to the hype. This is a gorgeous product. It makes your skin glow.

Applied:

Over bronzer on cheeks, upper corner of brow bone and over cupids bow.
Got compliments all day.

Lots of product and a little goes a long way, so I think for the cost, this is a good value.

HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Love this stuff! It's very finely milled and gives a lovely glow when used as a highlighter. I would say that it gives a pearly sheen, but is not at all sparkly or glittery, and blends beautifully. It also does great double duty as an eyeshadow. This product is a really pretty neutral champagne color, so would suit most people. I have repurchased twice now, and will continue to- this has become a staple in my makeup bag.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never used a highlighter but I got drawn in by the cute packaging. Having nothing to compare this to, I do like it. The product itself feels high end, and silky. It goes on smooth and subtle, is luminous and not glittery. It seems expensive for something that you barely notice when wearing, but it does give a nice glow and a bit of subtle luminosity to the face. A little goes a long way, so it is worth it. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Revodia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was able to get this on sale after hearing so much about it and I'm glad I did. It is the best highlighter I have used yet. It blends wonderfully and is gorgeous and luminescent if packed on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best highlighter I've used thus far. I've used ELF, Strobe Cream, Boots, and others, and I think Mary-Lou Manizer has the best color, texture, and finish of them all. This powder appears golden-peach in the pan, but it looks very natural and translucent on the skin, not metallic, oily, or glittery. The texture is buttery and soft, so it's easy to blend into and across the skin, and I use it on my cheeks, above the brows, on my lids, on my nose and chin, and above my lip. This powder also serves as an eyeshadow base color, helping everything else blend out. My UD Naked 2's look great on top.

The packaging is also darling, sturdy but cute with a pinup-y mugshot on the front. The large mirror inside is a plus.

Wayne Goss on Youtube really sings the praises of this highlighter, and there's a reason why. It is expensive, in my opinion, but I've used mine every day since I've ordered it, and I think it helps me achieve a natural but luminous look, allowing me to wear less makeup overall because my skin looks so vibrant and refreshed. I think that if a person has great-looking skin, they can forgo most, if not all makeup, and this product can help achieve that look if that's what you're going for.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by anabanana0000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW. I cannot stress enough how much I love this product. I have a fair to medium complexion and this colour suits me perfectly. I use a minimal amount down the bridge of my nose, on my cupid's bow and along the tops of my cheeks. It takes a bit of practice to blend in but if you give yourself plenty of time and don't rush it, it will pay off. I used both a brush and my fingertips to blend. The first day I wore this, I received so many compliments it was unbelievable. Now if only the gorgeous dreamboat down the hall would notice....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the holy grail of highlighters! Gives wonderful a sheen and glow without a single sparkle... Subtle enough for everyday wear and lasts quite a bit on the skin. And you get huge amount of product for a very affordable price. Lastly, I adore the cute but durable packaging. Two thumbs waaay up for this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kendra0672

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect pale gold highlight. Love it. This is the one of the few makeup items I use on a daily basis.

***EDIT: I am really torn on this! :( I still love it, and it's still my favorite highlighter but I've dropped and broken(completely shattered) two of these! And I've never broken anything else in my collection! What gives?? It's heartbreaking! The ONLY reason I gave the packaging a 1 is because it comes with a huge mirror. This is too expensive for it to be so fragile!! :(***

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No