July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful product. When I initially purchased this highlighter, I was surprised to see how light it was in the pan and had serious doubts about it using it on my own medium olive skin (NC37, for reference). But, once I used it, I was taken aback by how natural yet glamorous it made me look. Doesn't deposit any glitter onto the skin, more of a sheen that looks absolutely beautiful in both natural and artificial lighting. The texture is almost creamy and almost melts into the skin, and the color is a light champagne that doesn't make my skin look ashy at all. Instead, my skin looks youthful and vital!

Those of you who are having issues with this product, may want to try using a fan brush with it. I personally love using my Sonia Kashuk duo fiber fan brush for all my highlighters.

I would strongly suggest this product if you are looking for a highlighter, though people with skin shades on the darker end of the spectrum may benefit more from a gold toned/copper highlighter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good highlighter, although it does leave a weird finish. It made my skin look like I had pimples. The highlighter had mini pearls in it, that don't blend away easy. It's very pigmented and goes on easy. It's also kind of hard to get off

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE BEST shimmery highlighter I have EVER tried, hands down. I got in a gift set at Marshall's for 10 bucks, but I would easily pay full price for it, totally worth it. I've been looking for something like this for an awfully long time. It's not chunky glittery or iridescent or anything crazy, it shimmers, but in a really natural way that just brings more light to my face. It's also great over eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally got my hands on this! I've been lusting after it for ages. Best highlighter out there, that I've tried anyways. It's finely milled, so it is super smooth. Mary-Lou Manizer is a beautiful champagne colour, with subtle shimmer. No glittery chunks here! A little tiny bit is all you need cause it's so pigmented. It was $27 Canadian for 8.5 grams of product. Little pricey, but it will last forever. If i ever run out, I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by MuppaLova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's a soft gold with strong shimmer, not glitter. The formula is ultra smooth, buttery and easy to blend. On the skin, it makes your skin absolutely glow without being greasy or gritty, even on my oily skin. You can use this as an eyeshadow too. It's replaced my beloved Urban Decay Sin as my go to all over eye shade. Great job theBalm!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The compact's well built and I liked the vintage style. The large mirror's convenient. There's a lot of product; I don't see myself buying this product again because I don't see myself ever finishing it.

The color's a golden beige with sparkles. One of the reasons that I wanted to buy the product was because I saw how it made other people's skin look dewy.

This was a terrible highlighter on my dry/normal skin. It accentuated my pores and didn't set into my skin. I almost wanted to throw it out. It made me look ten years older. However, I liked the product as a brow eyeshadow. I thought the color showed up well, and it was easy to blend.

I would give it 3.5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mystylebeauty

WOW im speachless about this product.
it is soo freakin amazing
its AMAZING :D
im in love <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by miizzkelziixx

WOW im speachless about this product.
it is soo freakin amazing
i can use it as highlighter and eyeshadow
i am so excited that ive got this product
its AMAZING :D
im in love <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Go Glow, go glow!

As an avid reader of all things beautiful, i.e. cosmeticss :)) I began to cruise TJ Maxx and Marshall's to capitalize on this awesome highlighter for sale, dirt cheap. But alas, after several months, I found none. So, recently I took advantage of Hautelook and bought it for $12 plus a back-up, sight unseen! Score!!!

I have to agree with the other 100 reviewers that Mary-Lou Manizer is an incredible product. It gives a beautiful champagne glow-------not a sparkle, no glitzy specks, no fallouts-------just a beautiful angelic glow that lightens, highlights, and produces a well-rested vacation glow.

It does not lodge into your pores and look like heck. It does not smack onto skin like glue with difficult application. Instead, it applies like a dream. I use MAC 187 contour slanted brush and lightly tap and it picks up the pigment highlighter without any sloshing around of powder! I tap it high on the cheekbones, down the center of my nose, on cupid's bow on upper lip. A little goes a long way. It will take forever to hit pan. And indeed, the pan is quite a large round circle, maybe 4 inches perhaps. You get a lot of product for the money. Even more, when it's a sale.

It's a mighty performer, lasting on my cheeks all day. This one doesn't disappear, which is another asset. The hue or color is pure perfection. It's not goldy or un-natural. Nor is it ghostly white. The champagne color compliments my fair coloring.

It sinks into the skin effortlessly, typical of a powder from a high end cosmetic line like Chanel or Dior. Extremely highly milled powder that it is, makes it the most desirable product in the line of highlighters.

Hands down, this beats every highlighter out there and my search is now over. This is the REAL THING. Combined with quality product, it has cool retro packaging which I adore. It's apparent that this wonderful cosmetic has a huge following and a promising future. With its new home at Nordies, I also see $$$ signs as well. But if this product was marked $60, I would have no problem coughing that up for a product that enhances and beautifies your complexion or makeup.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by majapapaya

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! To date the BEST highlighting product I have ever used (and I'm a makeup junkie!) Easy and versatile. If you're looking for a highlighting product - look no further... give this one a try - you'll be glad you did!!!