September 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kendra0672

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect pale gold highlight. Love it. This is the one of the few makeup items I use on a daily basis.

***EDIT: I am really torn on this! :( I still love it, and it's still my favorite highlighter but I've dropped and broken(completely shattered) two of these! And I've never broken anything else in my collection! What gives?? It's heartbreaking! The ONLY reason I gave the packaging a 1 is because it comes with a huge mirror. This is too expensive for it to be so fragile!! :(***

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Yes, it's every bit as good as everyone says it is. My face is like a witness-protection program for makeup: everything I apply (blush, powder, highlighter) goes there to disappear. Mary Lou-manizer actually stays for several hours, if not longer. I have cheekbones that are way high (as in TOO high, as in my eyeballs practically sit on them), so they can be hard to accentuate without having highlighter get cake-y in my undereye area, but this isn't a problem with theBalm because it's so silky and finely milled. The pale gold color is the perfect shade for getting that truly candlelit glow. I just take this luminizer with a blush brush and dust it along the top of my cheeks, under my eyes, and on my temples and it looks like I'm walking around with my own lighting crew.

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter because it's not shimmery or glittery looking. It's a beautiful champagne color and looks amazing on tan skin and a little goes a loooong way. It's a little difficult (not that much) to blend, but it is so worth it. Another plus is that it includes a mirror so it is easy to travel with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by denns

Favorite highlighter in my collection, and for good reason. It's super functional for almost every aspect of the face, sturdy packaging, big mirror and a cute design to boot.

The white-gold, champagne colored highlighter is ridiculously soft, blendable and ultra-pigmented, yet finely milled so you glow from within, not from that place where disco balls go to die.

In my opinion, highlighters should be able to do it all. I always pack this in my makeup bag on trips and vacations, because not only is it a beautiful cheek highlight, but it's the most gorgeous lid color for your eyes, it's a great brow bone/inner corner highlight that matches nearly every eyeshadow look, and it makes lips look luscious and full when used in the cupids bow. One product for all of that? Yes please. The champagne-y, white gold color goes with nearly every face look I've tried, and it's even replaced Dior's Amber Diamond powder as my favorite highlighter (though, Dior does get props because of the multiple colors in Amber Diamond).

For reference, I have NW20-25 skin, and it looks just as beautiful on my summertime tan as it does on my pasty winter face. A must have for every highlighter junkie, and a great staple in your makeup bag if you want a highlighter that can double as the perfect champagne eyeshadow as well!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a good highlighter, and saw Hautelook. I have always had trouble with highlighters, having fair skin they either look like chalk or a disco ball. This actually blends beautifully, has just the right amount of shimmer to it. It lasts through the day, though I don't like that it seems to transfer easily. The packaging it way too cute. The mirror is large, and I can't see hitting pan on this any time soon. It's an overall good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful product. When I initially purchased this highlighter, I was surprised to see how light it was in the pan and had serious doubts about it using it on my own medium olive skin (NC37, for reference). But, once I used it, I was taken aback by how natural yet glamorous it made me look. Doesn't deposit any glitter onto the skin, more of a sheen that looks absolutely beautiful in both natural and artificial lighting. The texture is almost creamy and almost melts into the skin, and the color is a light champagne that doesn't make my skin look ashy at all. Instead, my skin looks youthful and vital!

Those of you who are having issues with this product, may want to try using a fan brush with it. I personally love using my Sonia Kashuk duo fiber fan brush for all my highlighters.

I would strongly suggest this product if you are looking for a highlighter, though people with skin shades on the darker end of the spectrum may benefit more from a gold toned/copper highlighter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good highlighter, although it does leave a weird finish. It made my skin look like I had pimples. The highlighter had mini pearls in it, that don't blend away easy. It's very pigmented and goes on easy. It's also kind of hard to get off

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE BEST shimmery highlighter I have EVER tried, hands down. I got in a gift set at Marshall's for 10 bucks, but I would easily pay full price for it, totally worth it. I've been looking for something like this for an awfully long time. It's not chunky glittery or iridescent or anything crazy, it shimmers, but in a really natural way that just brings more light to my face. It's also great over eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally got my hands on this! I've been lusting after it for ages. Best highlighter out there, that I've tried anyways. It's finely milled, so it is super smooth. Mary-Lou Manizer is a beautiful champagne colour, with subtle shimmer. No glittery chunks here! A little tiny bit is all you need cause it's so pigmented. It was $27 Canadian for 8.5 grams of product. Little pricey, but it will last forever. If i ever run out, I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by MuppaLova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's a soft gold with strong shimmer, not glitter. The formula is ultra smooth, buttery and easy to blend. On the skin, it makes your skin absolutely glow without being greasy or gritty, even on my oily skin. You can use this as an eyeshadow too. It's replaced my beloved Urban Decay Sin as my go to all over eye shade. Great job theBalm!