TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 2/22/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this highlighter! I originally got a sample of this in my Birchbox and I think it really lives up to the hype! I use this everytime I wear makeup and it always gives me this glow that I love! I use a fan brush to apply and it works amazing! I was a little nervous at first because I have oily skin and some highlighters make me look oily. But this one is gorgeous and I recommend it to everyone. I am NW35 in the summer and NC42 in the winter for color reference.

on 2/21/2013 8:00:00 PM

Love this highlighter! Tons of product and gives me a very sheer, glowy look! Paid $20 (incl. shipping) for it on Hautelook which was a pretty good deal. My only issue is that I find the packaging hard to open! I have to use tweezers to open it every time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Purchased this off of hautelook for $12! Heard many good things about this highlighter and it did not disappoint. Gives your face a gorgeous subtle sheen without being too glittery/sparkly. Color is a gorgeous golden pearl color whereas my other fave highlighter (Mac's soft n gentle) is more on the pink/champagne side. I also love using this highlighter as a brow highlight, sheer wash of color on my lids and on the inner corner of eyes. Def would repurchase a back up if I see it on hautelook again!

on 2/20/2013 5:53:00 PM

My OFFICIAL HG HIGHLIGHTER! Did u miss out on Mac's Whisper of Gilt? Don't wanna pay $50 for it from someone? Get theBalm Mary LouManizer! Omg this is BEAUTIFUL on any skintone, light to dark, and it's not sparkly! Shimmery isn't even the proper description. It literally makes your skin glow wherever u apply it. And I don't mean a greasy, oily kind of glow...I mean a heavenly-omg-your-skin-looks-radiant glow! I've received so many compliments & questions from friends & random ppl about what I do for my skincare, what do I eat, etc. of course I tell them something stupid like drink a lot of water and exfoliate (but in my head I'm like..YES...my secret works!) lol!

Put a little on the bridge of your nose (I'm asian with a not-so-prominent bridge) but it emphasizes what I do have in a subtle way. Apply your blush, the apply some of this on top of the blush (higher than where u normally apply blush) for a lovely glow to your cheekbones.

This is very affordable, lasts all day, and it's a big case! I will definitely repurchase over and over!

on 2/20/2013 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a superb highlighter! It gives a soft, diffused glow and offers a "dewy" finish that looks very natural. Its very hard to come across a powder highlighter that mimics the effects of a liquid one. Applying a liquid highlighter over top of my setting powder always looks cakey and streaky, so its fantastic that there is a powder highlighter that gives such a perfect glow to the skin. I also use it on my brow bone and around the tear duct, its just fantastic. The amount of product you get in the compact is impressive as well. If you are looking for a powder highlighter that doesn't look like powder on the skin and mimics a "dewy" look, this is for you!

on 2/3/2013 4:24:00 AM

Very beautiful highlighter.
Will repurchase when I run out (which will be in 5 years)
Had this over a year now looks brand new like I haven't even used it . But in reality iI use it every single day lol....

on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 AM

This was my first The Balm product I ever tried, I got it about 2 yrs ago for like 26 dells I believe... I've never had to try another luminizer.
The product itself is very fine and long lasting. The packaging is super cute and of good quality plus it has a compact sized mirror which is awesome. The price is a little steep for my taste, but I know that I can get them much cheaper at eBay and amazon, so I don't complain haha. Overall I think it's a great product, that's worth the money and hype. Highly recommend it :)

on 2/1/2013 2:46:00 PM

I use this on occasions, more at night than during the day. I found it to be too shimmery and powdery. I don't like the package as the pan come out easily. Just be careful as I just dropped mine and it broke in pieces. Love TheBalm products but not this one.

on 1/30/2013 2:18:00 PM

OMG..... this is such a beautiful product!!! I bought this because the good reviews I saw on MUA, so when I saw this in store on sale for $20 CAD I bought it immediately. The SA also gave me a free cosmetic bag from TheBalm. I saw on the website that it's only free with over $50 of purchase, so it is a surprise. I already took out all my makeups from my chanel classic black bag and put them into TheBalm makeup bag, just because it's so much cuter :p

Back to the product, I'm so glad that I bought this. I tried it on and immediately felt that there had never been any highlighter better than this one. I pretty much used all kind of popular highlighters in the past years, I'm the type of girl would put no makeup on except a touch of highlighter. The one I sticked with the longest was the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick, and I have to say even I love Bobbi Brown products, theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer is 100 times better than the shimmer brick!

The packaging is so cute, convenient and good quality, the texture of the product is so much softer, and it's much more pigmented. You would think Bobbi Brown has some of the most pigmented products in the market, but wait till you see this one. Also the finish is soooo... natural, and some how the powder doesn't look dry at all on my very dry skin. It won't highlight the fine lines when I smile, which none of any other powder product can do, from CHANEL, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Clinque, Givenchy ... to Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Mac, etc.

It's also worth to mention that the product is Paraben free and fragrance free. Like I said in my other reviews, I try to use as less paraben products as I can. I don't intent to put anything on me that makes me pretty temporary but unhealthy and ugly in the future. That's another reason I've been using bobbi brown's products for such a long time. Pretty much all other powder products I used contain paraben and very strong fragrance, regardless HE or none HE.

I'm so happy that I found this highlighter and will definitely stick with it, as long as the company is still making it. Also thanks to MUA, otherwise I might keep wasting time and money on finding and buying better highlighters.

I suggest that you use figure to apply the product instead of a brush to ensure a more precise application, also brush will waste too much product, you really just need to use a tiny bit, it's very pigmented so a little goes a long way.

This is absolutely a perfect highlighter, you can use it with or without makeup, it will make your skin naturally glow without looking too shimmering and fake like a light bulb, you can also use it as a shadow base to light up your eye, or highlight the tear duct and brow bone, put it on the top of your lips to give a fuller looking lips. Not to mention it's so much cheaper as well compare to all other popular HE highlighters, and you get to keep away from the harsh chemicals. Just go to get it if you haven't own one, see all this much review I wrote, I'm not kidding!

on 1/26/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

What an absolutely beautiful highlighter, a nice buttery texture and a gorgeous champagne colour that will suit most skin tones from light to dark. I have deep tanned skin and this highlights my cheekbones and brow bones without the area looking chalky like some light highlighters can do so on me. A really nice product!

Top Rated TheBalm Products