Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 12/29/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the person below I got this at ULTA for $3;99! I have eyeballing this color for about a month now but everytime I would go to get it they never had it!!! So today not even did I find it I got it for a cheaper price! I agree it almost like for Audrey except this is a greener version...I love it...I would definately buy it again!

on 12/29/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got this product on sale at ulta for 3.99$ and it is a beautiful light mint green. It reminds me of china glaze's for audrey but more green and less blue. It kinda of reminds me of the color of a Tiffany& co. box. This is probably my new favorite polish because you only need two coats for a perfect finish. Worth the buy, for sure!

on 12/28/2009 12:54:00 AM

I loved the color the second I saw it. It's a super pretty pale mint green, maybe leaning ever so slightly toward having a blue tint to it. The application was nice and smooth & the creamy finish was pretty, but the color overall just wasn't flattering on me. I got a few compliments on it, but I thought it made my pale skin look somewhat off, so I probably won't be buying it again.

on 12/26/2009 9:09:00 PM

The color of this stuff is just lovely. It's a beautiful kind of blueish green. I've gotten so manly compliments. It also lasts. I've had it on two of my fingers since saturday with minimal chipping and I type and use my fingers quite a bit.

It does take forever long to dry though and you need a good two coats. Also 8 dollars is a bit steep but I feel it's totally worth it.

on 12/22/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! I find CG For Audrey a little too blue and overpowering- this is a vibrant yet unique color that is sure to get compliments. Comes out opaque in one coat...the formula is a little too runny but I'm fine with that as, like almost all polishes, it is sure to get thicker over time. I hope it becomes a permanent color!

on 12/21/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this!! Seafoam (as I like to call it) is my favourite colour and I have been looking for a polish this colour for so long. Usually its hard to find the special edition ones in Canada, but I tracked it down and bought it the moment I saw it in a magazine.

I just with the brush was a little bigger.

on 12/15/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This polish took my Essie virginity. Actually, this polish took my high-end virginity too, as prior to it, I had only drugstore polishes.

Looooooooooooooooove it. So much. Besides it being a friggin gorgeous unique color, the application is smooth and buttery and it resisted chips very well on me. It played nicely with Seche Vite.

I still haven't tried OPIs (soon, very soon *rubs hand together*) but based on my very small foray into salon polishes, I think Essie just might be my dream formula. I liked it better than the China Glazes I've tried (admittedly, not many, mind you). Now if only they had more color variety than 800 sheer pinks. :-/

on 12/7/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This nail color is my current obsession. I used to see it in magazines and it caught my eye. However, it was always sold out in Ulta so I began to get frustrated! It was available in a set of mini polishes but I wanted the full size bottle. Finally, I caved and ordered it on the web site. I am so glad I did. I love this color. It applies very smoothly, and you only need 2 coats and you're good to go. The first coat goes on a teeny bit streaky, not to bad, but the second coat makes it very opaque and creamy in appearance. I used to use China Glaze "For Audrey" a lot and if you liked that, you will love this. It isn't the same color but I feel like the "For Audrey" lovers will appreciate it. "Mint green" is the perfect way to describe it. It is comparable to "For Audrey" when it comes to it's application and creamy appearance. I will be repurchasing again and again! I hope it sticks around!

on 12/6/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

After seeingt his color advertised in numerous magazines, I caved. I bought it at Trade Secret. I painted my nails with it and I'm so in love with the color. I have always loved Essie's formula and this color is amazing. It's the perfect shade of mint green, I was worried that it might look too light/pale on my fair skin but it looks great! :)

on 12/4/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I saw this in Elle magazine I fell in love and had to have it!! Fruitless searching of salons, trade secrets and shopper's drug mart (which carries a little quantity of colours) turned up nothing. So I ended up going on ebay (paying less than $2 for it, plus shipping). Fantastis light mint opaque creamy green, great wear. The only downfall is the application which is streaky, but a second coat covered that up just fine. Love, love, love this unique colour and cream formula!!

Top Rated Essie Products