Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 12/30/2009 6:49:00 PM

I thought that green nail polish would be weird until I saw Chanel's Jade polish but since I didn't want to run risk of paying $16+ on a color that I might not like forever, I found a better alternative in Essie. In person, Mint Candy Apple seems to have a hint of blue tones in it but fear not, it looks very minty green on the nails. I was very pleased with how fresh and unique the hue is--great for an interesting winter shade on the nails when you want to be funky yet keep it soft...then swipe it on your toes during the summer time--it will really make your tan pop minus the cliche neon hot pink pedi every other girl on the beach has. I am very pleased with Essie's Mint Candy Apple and I would not recommend this to my girl friends because I am a greedy nail polish hogger who does not want to see anyone else to have this gorgeous pretty color on their nails haha!

on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this from Ulta. I have a mini bottle from a holiday collection. I love this color and I like the formula even better. It's a creme forumla that applies evenly after two coats. Lasts about 4-5 days without chipping when used with the Essie top / bottom coat that came in the kit. I would repurchase.

on 12/29/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the person below I got this at ULTA for $3;99! I have eyeballing this color for about a month now but everytime I would go to get it they never had it!!! So today not even did I find it I got it for a cheaper price! I agree it almost like for Audrey except this is a greener version...I love it...I would definately buy it again!

on 12/29/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got this product on sale at ulta for 3.99$ and it is a beautiful light mint green. It reminds me of china glaze's for audrey but more green and less blue. It kinda of reminds me of the color of a Tiffany& co. box. This is probably my new favorite polish because you only need two coats for a perfect finish. Worth the buy, for sure!

on 12/28/2009 12:54:00 AM

I loved the color the second I saw it. It's a super pretty pale mint green, maybe leaning ever so slightly toward having a blue tint to it. The application was nice and smooth & the creamy finish was pretty, but the color overall just wasn't flattering on me. I got a few compliments on it, but I thought it made my pale skin look somewhat off, so I probably won't be buying it again.

on 12/26/2009 9:09:00 PM

The color of this stuff is just lovely. It's a beautiful kind of blueish green. I've gotten so manly compliments. It also lasts. I've had it on two of my fingers since saturday with minimal chipping and I type and use my fingers quite a bit.

It does take forever long to dry though and you need a good two coats. Also 8 dollars is a bit steep but I feel it's totally worth it.

on 12/22/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! I find CG For Audrey a little too blue and overpowering- this is a vibrant yet unique color that is sure to get compliments. Comes out opaque in one coat...the formula is a little too runny but I'm fine with that as, like almost all polishes, it is sure to get thicker over time. I hope it becomes a permanent color!

on 12/21/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this!! Seafoam (as I like to call it) is my favourite colour and I have been looking for a polish this colour for so long. Usually its hard to find the special edition ones in Canada, but I tracked it down and bought it the moment I saw it in a magazine.

I just with the brush was a little bigger.

on 12/15/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This polish took my Essie virginity. Actually, this polish took my high-end virginity too, as prior to it, I had only drugstore polishes.

Looooooooooooooooove it. So much. Besides it being a friggin gorgeous unique color, the application is smooth and buttery and it resisted chips very well on me. It played nicely with Seche Vite.

I still haven't tried OPIs (soon, very soon *rubs hand together*) but based on my very small foray into salon polishes, I think Essie just might be my dream formula. I liked it better than the China Glazes I've tried (admittedly, not many, mind you). Now if only they had more color variety than 800 sheer pinks. :-/

on 12/7/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This nail color is my current obsession. I used to see it in magazines and it caught my eye. However, it was always sold out in Ulta so I began to get frustrated! It was available in a set of mini polishes but I wanted the full size bottle. Finally, I caved and ordered it on the web site. I am so glad I did. I love this color. It applies very smoothly, and you only need 2 coats and you're good to go. The first coat goes on a teeny bit streaky, not to bad, but the second coat makes it very opaque and creamy in appearance. I used to use China Glaze "For Audrey" a lot and if you liked that, you will love this. It isn't the same color but I feel like the "For Audrey" lovers will appreciate it. "Mint green" is the perfect way to describe it. It is comparable to "For Audrey" when it comes to it's application and creamy appearance. I will be repurchasing again and again! I hope it sticks around!

Popular Polishes