November 28, 2014 | 1922 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emmmlay

I loved the color the second I saw it. It's a super pretty pale mint green, maybe leaning ever so slightly toward having a blue tint to it. The application was nice and smooth & the creamy finish was pretty, but the color overall just wasn't flattering on me. I got a few compliments on it, but I thought it made my pale skin look somewhat off, so I probably won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SarahsALoser

The color of this stuff is just lovely. It's a beautiful kind of blueish green. I've gotten so manly compliments. It also lasts. I've had it on two of my fingers since saturday with minimal chipping and I type and use my fingers quite a bit.

It does take forever long to dry though and you need a good two coats. Also 8 dollars is a bit steep but I feel it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! I find CG For Audrey a little too blue and overpowering- this is a vibrant yet unique color that is sure to get compliments. Comes out opaque in one coat...the formula is a little too runny but I'm fine with that as, like almost all polishes, it is sure to get thicker over time. I hope it becomes a permanent color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sandy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! Seafoam (as I like to call it) is my favourite colour and I have been looking for a polish this colour for so long. Usually its hard to find the special edition ones in Canada, but I tracked it down and bought it the moment I saw it in a magazine.

I just with the brush was a little bigger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish took my Essie virginity. Actually, this polish took my high-end virginity too, as prior to it, I had only drugstore polishes.

Looooooooooooooooove it. So much. Besides it being a friggin gorgeous unique color, the application is smooth and buttery and it resisted chips very well on me. It played nicely with Seche Vite.

I still haven't tried OPIs (soon, very soon *rubs hand together*) but based on my very small foray into salon polishes, I think Essie just might be my dream formula. I liked it better than the China Glazes I've tried (admittedly, not many, mind you). Now if only they had more color variety than 800 sheer pinks. :-/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This nail color is my current obsession. I used to see it in magazines and it caught my eye. However, it was always sold out in Ulta so I began to get frustrated! It was available in a set of mini polishes but I wanted the full size bottle. Finally, I caved and ordered it on the web site. I am so glad I did. I love this color. It applies very smoothly, and you only need 2 coats and you're good to go. The first coat goes on a teeny bit streaky, not to bad, but the second coat makes it very opaque and creamy in appearance. I used to use China Glaze "For Audrey" a lot and if you liked that, you will love this. It isn't the same color but I feel like the "For Audrey" lovers will appreciate it. "Mint green" is the perfect way to describe it. It is comparable to "For Audrey" when it comes to it's application and creamy appearance. I will be repurchasing again and again! I hope it sticks around!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kb13xoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After seeingt his color advertised in numerous magazines, I caved. I bought it at Trade Secret. I painted my nails with it and I'm so in love with the color. I have always loved Essie's formula and this color is amazing. It's the perfect shade of mint green, I was worried that it might look too light/pale on my fair skin but it looks great! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this in Elle magazine I fell in love and had to have it!! Fruitless searching of salons, trade secrets and shopper's drug mart (which carries a little quantity of colours) turned up nothing. So I ended up going on ebay (paying less than $2 for it, plus shipping). Fantastis light mint opaque creamy green, great wear. The only downfall is the application which is streaky, but a second coat covered that up just fine. Love, love, love this unique colour and cream formula!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, but I am really disappointed in the application. It went on streaky and rough - like painting my nails with acrylic paint, which would have been nearly $7.00 cheaper. I used 4 coats and it was still streaky in places and I had gaps near the cuticle. It could have been the base coat, which I haven't had long, but I've used it with other pale colors and didn't notice any streaking at all.

Generally speaking, I've had rotton luck with Essie colors in general. I always experience streaks with Essie polishes, no matter what the base coat.

Unfortunately, I've never seen anyone else make a color quite like this. It reminded me of a green Vespa scooter and I had to have it. Today I'm wearing it with white polka-dots I painted over the green and I've gotten lots of compliments. I would buy it again, but only because it's so unique. I just wish it weren't made by Essie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by asofterversion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this color. I saw the Chanel Jade and have been searching for this color ever since! I don't like the formula as it was very hard to work with, but the color makes me overlook this. Also, too expensive for what you get. Will buy again just for the color.