July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Snowblow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LADIES, do not buy this fancy shmancy product. All it is is truly a way for the company and dermatologist offices to make money. I have taken a big interest in skincare and improving my own and this is what I learned. Exfoliation on the skin is good.. ONCE a week and not more. People think the Clarisonic is "working" cause their skin feels clean when actually all their natural oils have been stripped and their skin rubbed raw. Instead, exfoliate with a honey mask or baking soda. Cleanse your face with organic essential oils and your skin will THANK you. Rubbing a harsh, vibrating object on your skin will just cause wrinkles, spread bacteria, and make the layers of your skin unhappy. People will say anything to convince you to buy a product so don't believe the hype. At one point I looked up reviews on this thinking I wanted to buy it, HELL NO. Save your money and I hope this skewed anyones mind :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

I resisted buying this product for sooo long. I finally caved in and bought it to share with my sister (we have our own brushes) and I'm so pleased that I did! This product is great for those who wear face makeup on a daily basis, because it really cleanses the face and ensures all your makeup is removed. I find that all my skin products absorb better, and my foundation application has improved as well. I do believe that I experienced some purging, so its important to not exceed the 2min timer and to skip a couple of days in the beginning. I only use this at night after I've removed my makeup with cleansing oil. I use the murad acne cleanser and I'm loving the two together. This product makes washing your face a fun time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift for Christmas, so I've been using it ever since.
My skin is not particularly sensitive, and usually I handle scubs well, but I have to say, the first time I used the Mia it hurt.
I switched to the Delicate head, and it's much better, however I still cannot use it daily.
So I've been using it 2-3 times/week, at night, with the Clarins Cleanser for Dry and Sensitive Skin (even though my skin is more combination), and they work very well together.
I didn't get any breakouts from this brush.
I feel that it really helps clean my skin, and my cheeks feel smoother and pores look diminished. I haven't gotten new acne, but I'm also on Spiro so I don't know which one I should thank for for that.
I think this brush is a good investment, one just has to pay attention to one's individual skin needs, and not over-use it, otherwise I can see how irritation can occur.
EDIT - it is now June, and I've been using the Mia almost every other day, and "graduated" to the Deep pore cleansing brush. It is rougher than the Delicate, but works as well, and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my face.
After having used the Mia for 5 months, I can say I'm still happy with it. It didn't give me airbrushed flawless skin, nothing can do that. But it keeps my face in great shape, smooth, clean and I think my pores are (or look) even smaller. I will continue using this every other day, I just like my face better since I've incorporated it in my routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by keekz

Like many people, it took me a long time to break down and finally buy this tool. I am always looking for another item/product to help my skin to be the best that it can be, and i am kicking myself for not buying the Clarisonic sooner.

It is quite expensive, around $130 Canadian and it is recommended that you change the brush every three months, and those cost $30. Whether you are looking to clear your acne, prevent acne, or just want a good clean wash at the end of the day, this will do for you.

What made me so apprehensive was the fact that people had said it would break you out before it would clear your skin. The first thing i thought of when I heard that was Pro-Active and how HORRIBLE that had left my skin, and that was their catch phrase. It did not make me break out in any way shape or form, but cleansed deeply and effectivley.

My skin breaks out if i touch it, put the wrong powder on, or if i look at it weird, and this has done NO wrong. If i do get a pimple (which occurs when i decide to sleep in my makeup OOPS), this machine will bring it to a head that is easy to get rid of, OR will make it dissolve quicker than if i hadn't been using the Clairsonic.

Great purchase/investment and am glad i chose it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lewisjc

I finally broke down and bought this product, and am THRILLED that I did! I have combination, acne prone skin and have been using various products since I first visited the dermatologist in 5th grade. Generally I have decent skin, but recently started breaking out on my cheeks/cheekbones about once a month (if you know what I'm saying). It seemed like by the time my breakout cleared up, another popped up. I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for about a month now, and my acne is 99% better. My breakouts, which I had before I purchased it, are almost completely gone and I haven't had any new ones. My skin looks better than it ever has -- clearer and more radiant. Also, it hasn't caused my skin any irritation -- which is a complete miracle for my hyper-sensitive skin. I definitely recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chocolatecream21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic tool! it helped control the shine in my tzone as well as clearing up almost all of my acne! i would never be caught without it! while it is SUPER expensive, it is honestly worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using my clarsonic for about eight months on my combination, rosacea skin. I have to say the sensitive brush head that came with my Mia didn't really do a great deal. My skin felt more exfoliated and better washed but it wasn't a huge difference. I switched to a deep pore cleansing brush - and wow - what a difference. I was expecting this brush to be rougher and harsher on my skin but it feels as soft to me as the sensitive head really. My skin has cleared up a lot since I've been using it - fewer dry patches, fewer milia and spots, and more radiant. I guess this brush head works much better for my skin. It has in no way aggravated my rosacea, but it definitely hasn't improved it in any way either. I had no expectations that it would so no worries! Pretty happy now, as I was a bit concerned I'd wasted money on my clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I received the Mia as a gift and definitely experienced benefits! It improved skin radiance, texture, and eliminated dry patches on my combo complexion. Pre-Mia, my skin was decent/good but slightly dull with dry patches and flakes. Post-Mia, when added to my routine of gentle glycolic face wash (Mario Badescu), evening Rx retinol (Renova), and a moisturizer and sunscreen (Amore Pacific), my skin's overall condition got much nicer! It is smoother, makeup looks better, and bare skin looks supple, soft, and glowy. I only use it every 2-3 days to prevent overexfoliation and barely skim my skin, per my derm, and it has really been great for my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Kerrieyre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW!!! What a great little tool! I have nothing bad to say about it! Except it just didnt do it for me. I have super dry skin and it says its great even for that but i just didnt see that greatness! I cleanses really well and my skin felt so lovely and clean but as far as i could see, that was all it did do for me. Unfortunately i cannot justify the cost when it just made my skin feel nice and clean. my muslin cloth does that really well! And since my skin is so dry, there are virtually no big dirty deep pores to clean out. As most people say they had the "break-out" phase. my skin doesnt even produce oil to go thru that phase so it was a no go for me. i even used it only twice a week to see if that helped but no difference in my skin. I feel it has been designed with the oily skin in mind which is why that skin type will see biggest improvement but sadly not me. very clever and luxury concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This product is amazing. I was struggling with miniature bumps on my forehead and the this cleared it up within a month. I no longer have obvious whiteheads on my nose and pimples are rare. It does a very thorough job cleansing but it can feel a bit harsh. When my skin is really dry, I tend to stay away from the clarisonic even though I use the sensitive brush. I use it in combination with the gel cleanser in the kit. Works amazing! I couldn't imagine being without it.