October 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ToriexBotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my blue Clarisonic Mia a month ago, and I've been using it twice a day every day. I have normal, with slightly dry skin. My dry patches usually occur on and around my nose. I wanted this product mostly to just really clean my skin, get rid of those dry patches, and to have my products absorb better. And it does exactly that! My patches are gone, my skin tone is becoming more even, my skin feels softer, cleaner, and just looks so much more healthy! People told me that this will perge my skin. Basically making it worse before it gets better. That didn't happen to me, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to you! All I have to say is do your homework on this product. If you're planning on investing this kinda money on a cleanser, make sure you know EVERYTHING about it so there is not a doubt in your mind :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 about 2 months ago and I really like it a lot. I like the timed cleaning and how it makes my skin feel. I use Purity cleanser and use it in the shower. I get facials once a month and was told to use the Clarisonic every other day. ( I bought my machine from Macys) I feel like my skin is smoother and less bumpy. I have whiteheads in my T zone and I think using the Mia 2 has helped that. I think the key to using the Clarisonic is moderation. Dont use it if you have put harsh treatments on your face and dont get overzealous when you use it. I think every other day is enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about a year, and I do like it a lot. It isn't perfect, and I don't think it has lived up to its "miracle product" hype, especially considering the price. However, since I got it with a discount at Sephora, I don't mind too much. The brush heads are expensive to replace, and I think that could be prohibitive for a lot of people. It really has made my skin smoother, and it has reduced my acne by about 30%, so I do like it and I will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by piratesweetie

**PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING**
I bought my Clarisonic Mia in purple about a year ago. I had some acne problems but nothing major--just clusters of whiteheads. I saw the advertisements for the Clarisonic and got really excited. Finally! Something that will exfoliate my skin and banish all my skincare problems for good! No such dream to be had. Please listen, Ladies! I wish that I had researched this product more thoroughly and found out some of the problems people had with this and I would never had bought it.

When I first bought and began to use it, I thought that my new Clarisonic was my best friend. It seemed to cleanse my skin well, it made my makeup application easier/smoother. I was fairly happy with it. After a couple of months I began to experience something I had never encountered in my life--CYSTIC ACNE. I was horrified. I stopped using the Clarisonic, but it seemed like if I stopped using it the acne went to a whole new level--but I still broke out when I used it just at a somewhat lower rate.

I know it sounds weird, but I feel like my skin is addicted to the Clarisonic but not in a good way. When I use it, the cystic acne is kept somewhat in check, with about 6 cysts constantly on my face--whereas if I remove the Clarisonic out of my skincare routine I turn into a pizza face. I literally had people asking me at work, "What is wrong with your face?". I had never been more embarassed in my life. Makeup isn't even enough to cover the scarring and boils anymore. I wish that I would've just been happy with my little pimples and never started using the Clarisonic--I will have these ice pick scars the rest of my life because I can't afford laser resurfacing at the Dermatologist.

Beware, Ladies. I am trying to save your face and help you avoid a lot of heartache.

14 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by cgoddard24

I have acne prone skin and this gives really nice exfoliation. It helps any lotions or creams I use sink in so much better and they are all more effective when paired with the clarisonic. I use it on my chest, shoulders, and arms every now and then and it makes them very soft! over all I love it though I wouldn't say its a necessity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I consider this to be one of my smartest buys to date. Though my skin is dryish combo, I still have some troublesome spots; Mainly my T-Zone and sometimes my decollete will collect the occasional blackheads. I also suffer from some acne scarring and discoloration.
Now, before I jump into this review, I will state that this is no panacea, nor is it intended to be. It does not claim to be the umbrella cure for all skin conditions from acne to dry skin. All it claims to do is provide a deep, yet gentle exfoliation, which it does fabulously.
I've only had this gadget for a month, but I believe I'm already beginning to see results. It cleared the small cluster of blackheads from my chest area the very first time I used it. As far as my T-Zone, It's not 100% blackhead-free, but I notice a huge improvement. When used on drier areas of the skin, it exfoliated them just gently enough, without stripping the skin of it's moisture. I don't know whether it's the sonic technology or perhaps the quality of the brush-head(so dense and soft), but somehow, it just delivers. I'd recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by avel

I returned my product after using it for a little over a month. Overall I think it work well - just well. It does its job cleaning my face and pores, however, I think I can reach the same result by cleaning with my hands with a cleanser and exfoliator. I don't really get the hype. It's a good product but I don't think it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally gave in to all the hype and purchased the Mia online and I am so glad I did!!! I got it at skinstore.com while it was 20% off last month, so I felt like I got a great deal. I have very sensitive, very acne-prone skin with congested pores. I have tried everything under the sun for my skin - from prescription products all the way down to drugstore things. I have to say the Mia is the best thing I've ever done for my skin! I have only been using it for about a month and I can already tell a difference in my skin. My pores look cleaner and smaller and I am having fewer breakouts. Only downfall is the brush it came with (sensitive) is sometimes a bit irritating to my skin, so I ordered the delicate one and the acne one....will update once I get those and try them. This is definitely a worthwhile purchase!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love my Clarisonic but I always had fear in the back of my mind because it costed me over $150 at Sephora. It's been almost 2 months now and I've been using it everyday and I can honestly say it's made my skin worse than it's ever been in my life. I started getting acne 6 months ago and before I started using this I had no acne at all on my forehead, just a few zits on my cheeks. Now, I have TONS of acne on my forehead, from white bumps to red cysts..it's horrible. I wish I could undo ever purchasing this product because now I have so many scars from the acne I've gotten from this machine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started hearing about the Clarisonic products I was VERY skeptical. A sonic toothbrush for my face, really? I had also heard about the "purging" phase and that absolutely terrified me. But I ended up getting a gift card for Christmas so I went and bought myself a charcoal colored one from Sephora (which you can only get online)

Mine is the "base" model so it just comes with the Clarisonic, the brush (normal, already attached, no extra heads), and the charger. It cost me $119 which again, seemed like a lot for something I didn't think was going to work.

I didn't want to throw my skin into using this all at once and cause my skin to freak out as it often does when new products are introduced to my skincare routine. So I used it for about a month just at night with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser.

The first things I noticed were, for one, that my skin felt VERY soft and smooth. I was gently exfoliating every morning before owning this and it just didn't feel the same. I also noticed how CLEAN my face felt, without feeling tight or stripped of moisture.

Since mine is the Mia, and not the Mia 2, it does not buzz to prompt you from section to section on your face, but it still stops after 60 seconds. I just estimate 20 seconds on my forehead, 20 seconds on my nose and chin, and 10 seconds on each cheek.

This product supposedly takes about 3 months to "purge" the skin and let the nastiness rise to the surface and be cleared away. I ended up buying the softest brush head with fear of it being to harsh for my skin. And even with that it ripped apart my face.

Acne EVERYWHERE. It was it's worst across my forehead, I had climbing up on 20 active, angry breakouts. And that was after 4 months of use. I ended up giving up and going to a dermatologist, and she told me to STOP. My skin is too fair and sensitive for something that aggressive and it was only making my already awful skin to get worse. She ended up putting me on birth control and two topical treatments, turns out my acne was not caused by products I was using (though the Clarisonic WAS NOT helping) but by a hormonal balance that my birth control seemed to calm.

Needless to say, I followed my doctors orders and returned this thing. If you have thicker skin than me it may work for you but in all honestly a $35 co-pay at my dermatologist fixed what this %119 dollar thing did to my face. Never again.