October 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer. I love the way it feels on my face, and how smoothly my foundation goes on over it. I have tried at least 5 other primers, including Laura Mercier, Smashbox, and Make Up For Ever (the first two were samples but I purchased the MUFE primer in a set with setting powder and elixir, and I regret the purchase), and I don't like how they go on liquidy and then dry on your skin very quickly. I have some large pores around my nose, and I noticed whenever I use any primer other than Too Faced, I had to really work to get the foundation to cover everything, if you know what I mean. As far as how long my makeup lasts, I honestly can't really attest to that because I only do a full face for specific reasons, so I never wear makeup for that long.

The downside is that this product is insanely overpriced at $30 for 1 oz. Considering I don't use this product more than once or twice a week, it has lasted quite a while. I sort of feel like this whole primer thing is a racket, but I suppose they price them that high because every other non-drugstore makeup company does.

Bottom line, I would never choose another primer.

EDIT 6/22/11 LOL well I started noticing that I wanted more staying power, and after switching out foundations and powders I decided maybe it was my primer. I ended up getting NARS oil free Pro-Prime pore correcting primer (*exhale*) and I find that it controls my oil better and that my makeup looks much better for longer. I also prefer NARS eyeshadow primer but it doesn't seem to get much love from gurus. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this worked for me extremely well under my regular foundation. i really like that it makes my foundation "perfect" my skin. i would not wear it alone, tho, as it merely fills your pores in, it does not fill in lines or even out any discoloration. it's like spackle for your face. so what happens when you spackle? you have to paint. this makes even cheap drugstore foundation look good. i have tried clinique's primer in the past, and was not happy with the way it gunked up and rubbed off under my makeup. TooFaced's P&P wears well, all day long. i just use my regular drugstore foundation and it stays on beautifully all day long. i have also tried smashbox's primer, and i don't care for it at all. in my opinion, TooFaced's Primed & Poreless is better at covering pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by powlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far i've only tried the sample i got at sephora and i really liked it. it goes on smooth and covers my pores. but i love that i can wear it on its own as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ayekaytay

I got a mini sized version of this in a kit so I didn't have to pay full price, but either way I think this is a good product. It really diffused the appearance of my pores around my nose (the only place I apply the product.) it goes on really smooth and blends great. I do get slightly oily, but barely any more than usual. Plus I don't really mind since I like my foundation to look natural. Overall, I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

I have a combo/oily skin, so I am always looking for a primer that is going to deliver what it promises. This primer promised to deliver exactly what I wanted: a matte, oil-free, poreless face. Did I get that? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

This primer made my skin not just oily, but borderline slimy and dewy looking. I was told by the sales person that this would not clog my pores or cause breakouts, but after a few days of using this product, I noticed my pores looked extremely clogged. Not a good thing at all. This will definitely be returned to Ulta. And the search for the perfect primer continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I got this as part of a set from Too Faced and was really looking forward to trying it. I've used it for the past three or four days and I'm unimpressed with its performance. I generally have normal skin, it's break-out prone, but by no means excessively oily or dry. I put this on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and it did nothing to reduce the size of my pores or mattify my skin. It actually made me look a little bit shinier than normal, which is not something I typically go for. Needless to say I'm still on the hunt for a good pore minimizing primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

By the end of the day my makeup does not look fresh, my skin is not matte but shiny and my pores are visible. For what this stuff costs, I expect better performance. My skin is oily and acne-prone. This did not break me out at all. The pinky-beige shade of the product turns invisible once it's on your skin. It comes in a squeeze tube which is great. The product itself is soft and velvety and very easy to apply. I have to use a good squeeze if I want to keep my face looking fresh. I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a decent primer. It hides pores just as well as clinique's pore minimizer, taking into account that there is NO primer that can make huge pores like mine invisible. this product does its job at hiding small imperfections, which is all i expect from primers. and this thing is huge! i have been using this past 6 months and it seems bottomless. it does not in any way matify my skin though. my skin is just as oily with this. i think this will be a good product for medium-pore sized people who are not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSG85

I loved everything about this product expect the following:

causes my skin to become even more oily than usual though no breakout.
it is too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

Visiting Ulta I asked and recieved a ton of primers to try and help my foundation stay a little longer; I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay.
I recieved 2 Bare Minerals, and Smash box's and Urban Decays primer. Unfortunately, The girl could not give me a sample of this.
I finally managed to get my hands on some of this product and have been using it the past few days. I'm in love with it. I have large pores on my nose with a decent amount of oil production... In the past days wearing this I have not had to touch up my makeup at work or school at all! No powder to cover up my nose.. not a once! Another great plus I've discovered was no matter the primer I used I ALWAYS got 'holes' in my makeup thanks to my normal glasses or sunglasses; No more!! I may have to reapply a small amount of powder to the spot but they are not anywhere close to the holes I used to get.
Now wearing it suggested that it will even out your skin tone..? Idk about all that. I still have un even skin after applying this alone.... but i can see it working with a light coat of powder!

Love this product.... now if only it wasnt so expensive.

EDIT: After using this product for a little more time.. The smell has begun to make me sick in the mornings. :( I ended up switching primers again.
DO NOT buy if you are sensitive to smells; If you like this primer Rimmel londons primer is almost exactly alike. for $8 and doesnt smell nearly as strong.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No