August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I got this as part of a set from Too Faced and was really looking forward to trying it. I've used it for the past three or four days and I'm unimpressed with its performance. I generally have normal skin, it's break-out prone, but by no means excessively oily or dry. I put this on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and it did nothing to reduce the size of my pores or mattify my skin. It actually made me look a little bit shinier than normal, which is not something I typically go for. Needless to say I'm still on the hunt for a good pore minimizing primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

By the end of the day my makeup does not look fresh, my skin is not matte but shiny and my pores are visible. For what this stuff costs, I expect better performance. My skin is oily and acne-prone. This did not break me out at all. The pinky-beige shade of the product turns invisible once it's on your skin. It comes in a squeeze tube which is great. The product itself is soft and velvety and very easy to apply. I have to use a good squeeze if I want to keep my face looking fresh. I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a decent primer. It hides pores just as well as clinique's pore minimizer, taking into account that there is NO primer that can make huge pores like mine invisible. this product does its job at hiding small imperfections, which is all i expect from primers. and this thing is huge! i have been using this past 6 months and it seems bottomless. it does not in any way matify my skin though. my skin is just as oily with this. i think this will be a good product for medium-pore sized people who are not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSG85

I loved everything about this product expect the following:

causes my skin to become even more oily than usual though no breakout.
it is too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

Visiting Ulta I asked and recieved a ton of primers to try and help my foundation stay a little longer; I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay.
I recieved 2 Bare Minerals, and Smash box's and Urban Decays primer. Unfortunately, The girl could not give me a sample of this.
I finally managed to get my hands on some of this product and have been using it the past few days. I'm in love with it. I have large pores on my nose with a decent amount of oil production... In the past days wearing this I have not had to touch up my makeup at work or school at all! No powder to cover up my nose.. not a once! Another great plus I've discovered was no matter the primer I used I ALWAYS got 'holes' in my makeup thanks to my normal glasses or sunglasses; No more!! I may have to reapply a small amount of powder to the spot but they are not anywhere close to the holes I used to get.
Now wearing it suggested that it will even out your skin tone..? Idk about all that. I still have un even skin after applying this alone.... but i can see it working with a light coat of powder!

Love this product.... now if only it wasnt so expensive.

EDIT: After using this product for a little more time.. The smell has begun to make me sick in the mornings. :( I ended up switching primers again.
DO NOT buy if you are sensitive to smells; If you like this primer Rimmel londons primer is almost exactly alike. for $8 and doesnt smell nearly as strong.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample in the wild things set at sephora ($38)
Full priced item is $30 for 1oz.
This was my first experience using a face primer. The description onthe sephora site says you can use it as a base or by itself to "achieve the look of flawless skin without makeup" I have been using tinted moisturizers for years and this description appealed to me.
The appearance and texture of this primer reminds me of the too faced shadow insurance. It is nude in color and feels silky smooth to the touch. When applied it makes your skin feel super soft and supple. However for me this did not give a look of flawless skin. I think it actually enhanced my pores and made them look bigger with and without makeup over it. It also made my skin incredibly itchy almost like I was having an allergic reaction.
My skin tends towards the dry side so I moisturize before using this product.

Ingredients (from sephora site)
Light Beige:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Allantoin, Mica CI 77019, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Iron Oxides CI 77492, Iron Oxides CI 77499

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Got a sample of this that I used. This primer is OK. It's terrible at oil control so if you have oily skin like me I wouldn't recommend it. I think it only works for ladies who have dry, uneven or older skin, and even it might not help much (see below). For young girls who need to fight the oilies, this does nothing to keep them at bay. I'm going to use the rest of my sample to prime naturally dry areas like the undereye, that anti-shine primers are too harsh for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

cute packaging. not the most expensive but not cheap. lovely as a primer for powder, and it's good for covering pores. However does close to squat for the the fine lines and only minimally evens out my skin tone. I would use it as an actual primer not as an instead-of foundation.

will save the tube I've got for an actual make up primer, and a very good one, but it doesn't quite do what I was hoping for as a stand alone product for 40 year old skin.

EDIT: have been using it for a little while now and I think I had been putting on too little. I use a little bit more and use a very fine/thin dusting of my powder and it's *incredibly* good, even tone, matte look with no pores and very few creases showing under the eyes. works very well with a very light dust of powder.

EDIT: I've upped it as I've been using it a while now and after comparing around, and getting used to how to use it, which took me a while, I'm sold on this one.

I also rode my bike to an event, was upset cause I had on full glam make up, and I had gotten lost and had to go up a steep hill... so, sweating and was thinking about the wreck my face was going to be in... when I got there... everything was perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahbeatrix

All time favourite primer. Makes my skin SO velvety soft and blends all my pores away. If I'm having a 'good skin day' I often go without foundation, this primer evens out my skin tone and the tint adds a little warmth. My makeup goes on flawlessy and stays put for hours. This primer doesn't make my skin break out but I imagine it might for someone with very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by acadianarose

I have noticeable pores around my nose (not horribly large, but noticeable) and oily skin. So I was really excited to try this product and I really wanted it to work, but it did not. I noticed no difference whatsoever in the appearance of my pores and within minutes of finishing my makeup, I looked like an oil slick. It does feel very nice but that is it. Definitely not worth $30. I would not buy it again.