February 1, 2015 | 1275 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this and was quite suprised at how well it works. It set my powder foundation perfectly and helped my makeup to last all day (even through a 3 mile run) and go on smoothly. I didn't get oily mid day either which is great. This product contains retinol and Vitamin A among other skin soothing ingredients so I feel good about putting it on my skin. Vitamin A is supposed to help with acne scars so we'll see if mine start to lighten up after continued use. It isn't oil free but it has natural fruit oils in it that calm and hydrate the skin, not mineral or petroleum oils, which are the ones that's not good for you're skin. My pores weren't gone like it says it will erase but they are smaller when I use this. Very good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by xsparkage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOVE This stuff!!! It is a bit thick for primer if you ask me, but overall it's a keeper! The thickness goes away once you rub it in. Some people say that this primer made their skin look greasey, but with me that wasn't the case at all! It gave me a TINYhint of a dewy/fresh look, but it went away once I put foundation over it. This primer made my foundation really, really smooth feeling and it DID make my pores vanish! This stuff will remain in my beauty bag! The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is because of the price- $30. That is a bit steep, but I guess it's expensive for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried some other primers, like LM, Smashbox, and Nars, but this one does it for me: I really, really love this primer. The consistency is very smooth, and doesn't feel overly oily or slimy. The tube dispenses a good amount of product, so you can't go overboard. I've found a pea-sized amount is just enough for my entire face-- I spread it evenly over clean fingers, and concentrate from my t-zone outwards, blending well. I personally find this works best with mineral or powder foundations, as it is recommended, and really extends the wear of my makeup. I don't generally use this for everyday makeup looks, but reserve it for when I go out, and I know it's going to be a loooooooong night without much time for touch-ups. Let me just say, my face looks just as great at midnight as it did at 6pm when I use this. Obviously no product is gonna keep me shine-free all day, because that's just the way my skin is. Whatever shine I get while using this is nothing a blotting paper can't take care of. The price seems a little steep, but I think this primer is worth the buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received a sample size of this product in the too faced walk of shame set. I rated this product a three because sadly it did nothing for me but make my face feel soft and clean, sadly I don't think it's worth the $30 for a full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I received a smaller version of this in the Too Faced "Nude Revue" beauty in a box from Sephora. The only other primer I used before this was L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base which I was less than impressed with so I was kind of skeptical. I apply my makeup before work around 6am and by noon my makeup still looked freshly applied and by the end of the day I didn't have the oil sheen look going on. Only drawback for me is that it accentuated my "flat, red acne marks" (PIH) which is a look I could do without. I've been using a different primer since (Smashbox) and I currently don't get that effect so it must of been due to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this primer, however it makes my normal/dry skin even drier and itchy almost if I used it more than a couple days in a row. It also has a tendency to make my MMU look blotchy toward the end of the day (I am assuming because of dryness). Looks okay with liquid foundations, however I won't repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer. I love the way it feels on my face, and how smoothly my foundation goes on over it. I have tried at least 5 other primers, including Laura Mercier, Smashbox, and Make Up For Ever (the first two were samples but I purchased the MUFE primer in a set with setting powder and elixir, and I regret the purchase), and I don't like how they go on liquidy and then dry on your skin very quickly. I have some large pores around my nose, and I noticed whenever I use any primer other than Too Faced, I had to really work to get the foundation to cover everything, if you know what I mean. As far as how long my makeup lasts, I honestly can't really attest to that because I only do a full face for specific reasons, so I never wear makeup for that long.

The downside is that this product is insanely overpriced at $30 for 1 oz. Considering I don't use this product more than once or twice a week, it has lasted quite a while. I sort of feel like this whole primer thing is a racket, but I suppose they price them that high because every other non-drugstore makeup company does.

Bottom line, I would never choose another primer.

EDIT 6/22/11 LOL well I started noticing that I wanted more staying power, and after switching out foundations and powders I decided maybe it was my primer. I ended up getting NARS oil free Pro-Prime pore correcting primer (*exhale*) and I find that it controls my oil better and that my makeup looks much better for longer. I also prefer NARS eyeshadow primer but it doesn't seem to get much love from gurus. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this worked for me extremely well under my regular foundation. i really like that it makes my foundation "perfect" my skin. i would not wear it alone, tho, as it merely fills your pores in, it does not fill in lines or even out any discoloration. it's like spackle for your face. so what happens when you spackle? you have to paint. this makes even cheap drugstore foundation look good. i have tried clinique's primer in the past, and was not happy with the way it gunked up and rubbed off under my makeup. TooFaced's P&P wears well, all day long. i just use my regular drugstore foundation and it stays on beautifully all day long. i have also tried smashbox's primer, and i don't care for it at all. in my opinion, TooFaced's Primed & Poreless is better at covering pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by powlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far i've only tried the sample i got at sephora and i really liked it. it goes on smooth and covers my pores. but i love that i can wear it on its own as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ayekaytay

I got a mini sized version of this in a kit so I didn't have to pay full price, but either way I think this is a good product. It really diffused the appearance of my pores around my nose (the only place I apply the product.) it goes on really smooth and blends great. I do get slightly oily, but barely any more than usual. Plus I don't really mind since I like my foundation to look natural. Overall, I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative.