October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by powlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far i've only tried the sample i got at sephora and i really liked it. it goes on smooth and covers my pores. but i love that i can wear it on its own as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ayekaytay

I got a mini sized version of this in a kit so I didn't have to pay full price, but either way I think this is a good product. It really diffused the appearance of my pores around my nose (the only place I apply the product.) it goes on really smooth and blends great. I do get slightly oily, but barely any more than usual. Plus I don't really mind since I like my foundation to look natural. Overall, I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

I have a combo/oily skin, so I am always looking for a primer that is going to deliver what it promises. This primer promised to deliver exactly what I wanted: a matte, oil-free, poreless face. Did I get that? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

This primer made my skin not just oily, but borderline slimy and dewy looking. I was told by the sales person that this would not clog my pores or cause breakouts, but after a few days of using this product, I noticed my pores looked extremely clogged. Not a good thing at all. This will definitely be returned to Ulta. And the search for the perfect primer continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I got this as part of a set from Too Faced and was really looking forward to trying it. I've used it for the past three or four days and I'm unimpressed with its performance. I generally have normal skin, it's break-out prone, but by no means excessively oily or dry. I put this on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and it did nothing to reduce the size of my pores or mattify my skin. It actually made me look a little bit shinier than normal, which is not something I typically go for. Needless to say I'm still on the hunt for a good pore minimizing primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

By the end of the day my makeup does not look fresh, my skin is not matte but shiny and my pores are visible. For what this stuff costs, I expect better performance. My skin is oily and acne-prone. This did not break me out at all. The pinky-beige shade of the product turns invisible once it's on your skin. It comes in a squeeze tube which is great. The product itself is soft and velvety and very easy to apply. I have to use a good squeeze if I want to keep my face looking fresh. I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a decent primer. It hides pores just as well as clinique's pore minimizer, taking into account that there is NO primer that can make huge pores like mine invisible. this product does its job at hiding small imperfections, which is all i expect from primers. and this thing is huge! i have been using this past 6 months and it seems bottomless. it does not in any way matify my skin though. my skin is just as oily with this. i think this will be a good product for medium-pore sized people who are not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSG85

I loved everything about this product expect the following:

causes my skin to become even more oily than usual though no breakout.
it is too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

Visiting Ulta I asked and recieved a ton of primers to try and help my foundation stay a little longer; I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay.
I recieved 2 Bare Minerals, and Smash box's and Urban Decays primer. Unfortunately, The girl could not give me a sample of this.
I finally managed to get my hands on some of this product and have been using it the past few days. I'm in love with it. I have large pores on my nose with a decent amount of oil production... In the past days wearing this I have not had to touch up my makeup at work or school at all! No powder to cover up my nose.. not a once! Another great plus I've discovered was no matter the primer I used I ALWAYS got 'holes' in my makeup thanks to my normal glasses or sunglasses; No more!! I may have to reapply a small amount of powder to the spot but they are not anywhere close to the holes I used to get.
Now wearing it suggested that it will even out your skin tone..? Idk about all that. I still have un even skin after applying this alone.... but i can see it working with a light coat of powder!

Love this product.... now if only it wasnt so expensive.

EDIT: After using this product for a little more time.. The smell has begun to make me sick in the mornings. :( I ended up switching primers again.
DO NOT buy if you are sensitive to smells; If you like this primer Rimmel londons primer is almost exactly alike. for $8 and doesnt smell nearly as strong.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample in the wild things set at sephora ($38)
Full priced item is $30 for 1oz.
This was my first experience using a face primer. The description onthe sephora site says you can use it as a base or by itself to "achieve the look of flawless skin without makeup" I have been using tinted moisturizers for years and this description appealed to me.
The appearance and texture of this primer reminds me of the too faced shadow insurance. It is nude in color and feels silky smooth to the touch. When applied it makes your skin feel super soft and supple. However for me this did not give a look of flawless skin. I think it actually enhanced my pores and made them look bigger with and without makeup over it. It also made my skin incredibly itchy almost like I was having an allergic reaction.
My skin tends towards the dry side so I moisturize before using this product.

Ingredients (from sephora site)
Light Beige:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Allantoin, Mica CI 77019, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Iron Oxides CI 77492, Iron Oxides CI 77499

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Got a sample of this that I used. This primer is OK. It's terrible at oil control so if you have oily skin like me I wouldn't recommend it. I think it only works for ladies who have dry, uneven or older skin, and even it might not help much (see below). For young girls who need to fight the oilies, this does nothing to keep them at bay. I'm going to use the rest of my sample to prime naturally dry areas like the undereye, that anti-shine primers are too harsh for.