Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/20/2010 1:51:00 AM

I'm really on the fence about this product. I'm currently on my second sample tube fro Sephora, and I really don't know if I'll purchase the full size once I run out.

Pros: Minimizes pores, smoothes skin, offers a little moisture, less slippery feeling than other primers, doesn't break me out, a little goes a very long way, great with liquid foundation.
Cons: Doesn't really do anything for makeup staying power, sometimes I almost feel like it makes my foundation fade faster (although it's summertime, it might just be the humidity. Hard to tell), balls up under powder foundation, no oil control.

I'm going to continue use as the weather cools down, since my only complaints are regarding foundation staying power I'll see if cooler temps make any difference. I definitely notice an improvement in the appearance of my pores when I use this though, whenever I skip a day I can't believe how rough my face looks under makeup. I'll update once I finish my second sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've tried, and I don't have much to compare it to, other than the NARS primer which I borrowed from my friend several times. Overall, I think its a good primer. I like the whipped texture, and it does help with foundation application, however, I'm just not crazy about it. It does smooth out your skin and help with pore minimization, but it doesn't do anything in the way of oil control. I will definitely be trying other primers to find a better one.

on 8/17/2010 6:20:00 PM

LOVE! This primer has a fantastic smooth feel. It comes in a flesh tone color. I'd used smashbox for years but with my skin changing it got to a point where it felt too greasy because of the silicone. This has a nice light almost whipped feeling. There is a similar texture but I've had no problems with this getting greasy. The price is high to me, though the container is pretty big. Use sparingly; A little goes a long way.

on 8/12/2010 2:00:00 PM

Out of the primers I've tried so far, this one is my favorite. I like it better than Photo Finish, and better than the Revlon primer. It doesn't do anything for my shiny forehead, but it makes foundation look great and hides pores.

on 8/11/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this and was quite suprised at how well it works. It set my powder foundation perfectly and helped my makeup to last all day (even through a 3 mile run) and go on smoothly. I didn't get oily mid day either which is great. This product contains retinol and Vitamin A among other skin soothing ingredients so I feel good about putting it on my skin. Vitamin A is supposed to help with acne scars so we'll see if mine start to lighten up after continued use. It isn't oil free but it has natural fruit oils in it that calm and hydrate the skin, not mineral or petroleum oils, which are the ones that's not good for you're skin. My pores weren't gone like it says it will erase but they are smaller when I use this. Very good product!

on 8/2/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOOOVE This stuff!!! It is a bit thick for primer if you ask me, but overall it's a keeper! The thickness goes away once you rub it in. Some people say that this primer made their skin look greasey, but with me that wasn't the case at all! It gave me a TINYhint of a dewy/fresh look, but it went away once I put foundation over it. This primer made my foundation really, really smooth feeling and it DID make my pores vanish! This stuff will remain in my beauty bag! The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is because of the price- $30. That is a bit steep, but I guess it's expensive for a reason.

on 7/25/2010 4:39:00 PM

I've tried some other primers, like LM, Smashbox, and Nars, but this one does it for me: I really, really love this primer. The consistency is very smooth, and doesn't feel overly oily or slimy. The tube dispenses a good amount of product, so you can't go overboard. I've found a pea-sized amount is just enough for my entire face-- I spread it evenly over clean fingers, and concentrate from my t-zone outwards, blending well. I personally find this works best with mineral or powder foundations, as it is recommended, and really extends the wear of my makeup. I don't generally use this for everyday makeup looks, but reserve it for when I go out, and I know it's going to be a loooooooong night without much time for touch-ups. Let me just say, my face looks just as great at midnight as it did at 6pm when I use this. Obviously no product is gonna keep me shine-free all day, because that's just the way my skin is. Whatever shine I get while using this is nothing a blotting paper can't take care of. The price seems a little steep, but I think this primer is worth the buy.

on 7/23/2010 12:10:00 AM

I recently received a sample size of this product in the too faced walk of shame set. I rated this product a three because sadly it did nothing for me but make my face feel soft and clean, sadly I don't think it's worth the $30 for a full size.

on 7/17/2010 11:20:00 PM

I received a smaller version of this in the Too Faced "Nude Revue" beauty in a box from Sephora. The only other primer I used before this was L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base which I was less than impressed with so I was kind of skeptical. I apply my makeup before work around 6am and by noon my makeup still looked freshly applied and by the end of the day I didn't have the oil sheen look going on. Only drawback for me is that it accentuated my "flat, red acne marks" (PIH) which is a look I could do without. I've been using a different primer since (Smashbox) and I currently don't get that effect so it must of been due to this product.

on 7/10/2010 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I liked this primer, however it makes my normal/dry skin even drier and itchy almost if I used it more than a couple days in a row. It also has a tendency to make my MMU look blotchy toward the end of the day (I am assuming because of dryness). Looks okay with liquid foundations, however I won't repurchase this one.