Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Too expensive for what it does. It performs reasonably well, but there are others out there that are just as good for less $. I prefer the L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer for the money and it actually conceals my pores more than this Too Faced primer. I am returning to Sephora and will be purchasing the powder instead.

I got this as a sample in the sephora too faced nude review kit. I was anxious to try it as something that would relate to the urban decay primers/de-slick. To say i was unimpressed with this is an understatement. This for my skin did nothing as promised. It did not make my makeup last longer, make my pores appear smaller or keep my skin looking matte. This made my skin look and feel slimy and made my foundation almost melt throughout the course of the day. I have oily skin and this did nothing to help with that. I will definitely not purchase this and was glad that it was only a sample size.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My make up stay on all day, and even coverage.
Use your fingertips!

Update: I switch to Make up forevers Hd primer. WAY BETTER!! Too faced primer started making my face look "Cakey".

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been really undecided about this product. There are a few things I do like about it, but there are also a few things that I do not like about it. Thus the dilemma of being divided on it. I love the feeling of this. It is a whipped mousse that brushes on very smooth. I like that it is flesh colored so it helps blend well. The downsides are I really do not feel this makes my makeup stay on any better then without it. I also do not think it really takes the redness out of my skin so I have to use a lot of this to get a good even coat. I really do not think I would buy this again. It is quite expensive so it is not worth it to me.
Update: I tried applying this with my fingers instead of a brush and it has made such a difference. Some of the pores on my cheeks just disappear. This is so much more worth it. I also found without a brush I do not need to apply so much. The only downside is that it is still rather expensive.

I'm really on the fence about this product. I'm currently on my second sample tube fro Sephora, and I really don't know if I'll purchase the full size once I run out.

Pros: Minimizes pores, smoothes skin, offers a little moisture, less slippery feeling than other primers, doesn't break me out, a little goes a very long way, great with liquid foundation.
Cons: Doesn't really do anything for makeup staying power, sometimes I almost feel like it makes my foundation fade faster (although it's summertime, it might just be the humidity. Hard to tell), balls up under powder foundation, no oil control.

I'm going to continue use as the weather cools down, since my only complaints are regarding foundation staying power I'll see if cooler temps make any difference. I definitely notice an improvement in the appearance of my pores when I use this though, whenever I skip a day I can't believe how rough my face looks under makeup. I'll update once I finish my second sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've tried, and I don't have much to compare it to, other than the NARS primer which I borrowed from my friend several times. Overall, I think its a good primer. I like the whipped texture, and it does help with foundation application, however, I'm just not crazy about it. It does smooth out your skin and help with pore minimization, but it doesn't do anything in the way of oil control. I will definitely be trying other primers to find a better one.

LOVE! This primer has a fantastic smooth feel. It comes in a flesh tone color. I'd used smashbox for years but with my skin changing it got to a point where it felt too greasy because of the silicone. This has a nice light almost whipped feeling. There is a similar texture but I've had no problems with this getting greasy. The price is high to me, though the container is pretty big. Use sparingly; A little goes a long way.

Out of the primers I've tried so far, this one is my favorite. I like it better than Photo Finish, and better than the Revlon primer. It doesn't do anything for my shiny forehead, but it makes foundation look great and hides pores.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this and was quite suprised at how well it works. It set my powder foundation perfectly and helped my makeup to last all day (even through a 3 mile run) and go on smoothly. I didn't get oily mid day either which is great. This product contains retinol and Vitamin A among other skin soothing ingredients so I feel good about putting it on my skin. Vitamin A is supposed to help with acne scars so we'll see if mine start to lighten up after continued use. It isn't oil free but it has natural fruit oils in it that calm and hydrate the skin, not mineral or petroleum oils, which are the ones that's not good for you're skin. My pores weren't gone like it says it will erase but they are smaller when I use this. Very good product!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOOOVE This stuff!!! It is a bit thick for primer if you ask me, but overall it's a keeper! The thickness goes away once you rub it in. Some people say that this primer made their skin look greasey, but with me that wasn't the case at all! It gave me a TINYhint of a dewy/fresh look, but it went away once I put foundation over it. This primer made my foundation really, really smooth feeling and it DID make my pores vanish! This stuff will remain in my beauty bag! The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is because of the price- $30. That is a bit steep, but I guess it's expensive for a reason.

Popular Primer/ Correctors