December 21, 2014 | 1384 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried some other primers, like LM, Smashbox, and Nars, but this one does it for me: I really, really love this primer. The consistency is very smooth, and doesn't feel overly oily or slimy. The tube dispenses a good amount of product, so you can't go overboard. I've found a pea-sized amount is just enough for my entire face-- I spread it evenly over clean fingers, and concentrate from my t-zone outwards, blending well. I personally find this works best with mineral or powder foundations, as it is recommended, and really extends the wear of my makeup. I don't generally use this for everyday makeup looks, but reserve it for when I go out, and I know it's going to be a loooooooong night without much time for touch-ups. Let me just say, my face looks just as great at midnight as it did at 6pm when I use this. Obviously no product is gonna keep me shine-free all day, because that's just the way my skin is. Whatever shine I get while using this is nothing a blotting paper can't take care of. The price seems a little steep, but I think this primer is worth the buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received a sample size of this product in the too faced walk of shame set. I rated this product a three because sadly it did nothing for me but make my face feel soft and clean, sadly I don't think it's worth the $30 for a full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I received a smaller version of this in the Too Faced "Nude Revue" beauty in a box from Sephora. The only other primer I used before this was L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base which I was less than impressed with so I was kind of skeptical. I apply my makeup before work around 6am and by noon my makeup still looked freshly applied and by the end of the day I didn't have the oil sheen look going on. Only drawback for me is that it accentuated my "flat, red acne marks" (PIH) which is a look I could do without. I've been using a different primer since (Smashbox) and I currently don't get that effect so it must of been due to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this primer, however it makes my normal/dry skin even drier and itchy almost if I used it more than a couple days in a row. It also has a tendency to make my MMU look blotchy toward the end of the day (I am assuming because of dryness). Looks okay with liquid foundations, however I won't repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer. I love the way it feels on my face, and how smoothly my foundation goes on over it. I have tried at least 5 other primers, including Laura Mercier, Smashbox, and Make Up For Ever (the first two were samples but I purchased the MUFE primer in a set with setting powder and elixir, and I regret the purchase), and I don't like how they go on liquidy and then dry on your skin very quickly. I have some large pores around my nose, and I noticed whenever I use any primer other than Too Faced, I had to really work to get the foundation to cover everything, if you know what I mean. As far as how long my makeup lasts, I honestly can't really attest to that because I only do a full face for specific reasons, so I never wear makeup for that long.

The downside is that this product is insanely overpriced at $30 for 1 oz. Considering I don't use this product more than once or twice a week, it has lasted quite a while. I sort of feel like this whole primer thing is a racket, but I suppose they price them that high because every other non-drugstore makeup company does.

Bottom line, I would never choose another primer.

EDIT 6/22/11 LOL well I started noticing that I wanted more staying power, and after switching out foundations and powders I decided maybe it was my primer. I ended up getting NARS oil free Pro-Prime pore correcting primer (*exhale*) and I find that it controls my oil better and that my makeup looks much better for longer. I also prefer NARS eyeshadow primer but it doesn't seem to get much love from gurus. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this worked for me extremely well under my regular foundation. i really like that it makes my foundation "perfect" my skin. i would not wear it alone, tho, as it merely fills your pores in, it does not fill in lines or even out any discoloration. it's like spackle for your face. so what happens when you spackle? you have to paint. this makes even cheap drugstore foundation look good. i have tried clinique's primer in the past, and was not happy with the way it gunked up and rubbed off under my makeup. TooFaced's P&P wears well, all day long. i just use my regular drugstore foundation and it stays on beautifully all day long. i have also tried smashbox's primer, and i don't care for it at all. in my opinion, TooFaced's Primed & Poreless is better at covering pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by powlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far i've only tried the sample i got at sephora and i really liked it. it goes on smooth and covers my pores. but i love that i can wear it on its own as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ayekaytay

I got a mini sized version of this in a kit so I didn't have to pay full price, but either way I think this is a good product. It really diffused the appearance of my pores around my nose (the only place I apply the product.) it goes on really smooth and blends great. I do get slightly oily, but barely any more than usual. Plus I don't really mind since I like my foundation to look natural. Overall, I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

I have a combo/oily skin, so I am always looking for a primer that is going to deliver what it promises. This primer promised to deliver exactly what I wanted: a matte, oil-free, poreless face. Did I get that? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

This primer made my skin not just oily, but borderline slimy and dewy looking. I was told by the sales person that this would not clog my pores or cause breakouts, but after a few days of using this product, I noticed my pores looked extremely clogged. Not a good thing at all. This will definitely be returned to Ulta. And the search for the perfect primer continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lexisisbetter

I got this as part of a set from Too Faced and was really looking forward to trying it. I've used it for the past three or four days and I'm unimpressed with its performance. I generally have normal skin, it's break-out prone, but by no means excessively oily or dry. I put this on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and it did nothing to reduce the size of my pores or mattify my skin. It actually made me look a little bit shinier than normal, which is not something I typically go for. Needless to say I'm still on the hunt for a good pore minimizing primer.