April 20, 2014 | 1635 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by CatCarpenter82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I put this product on I LOVE it, but then later in the day it goes away, smudges on my eye, or leaves a 'ring' on my eyelid. I need something that will stick and look good, but a decent price. I'm a put on and go girl, not a look in the mirror to see if my make up is awesome. I dont have long eyelashes, so I like eyeliner. Every liner I have tried is the same effect 'racoon eyed, & a faint brown line on my top lid. This makes me look like I haven't had sleep in days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I love that it looks like a liquid liner when I put it on. I didn't like the brush it came with, so I just switched it out with my MAC eyeliner brush. Also, this product doesn't last for long hours. I usually have it on for a good 12+ hours throughout the day and it sort of starts wearing off halfway through the day. I would probably repurchase only because it is practically the same thing as my MAC gel liner, but much cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Brittnymarie

This product was just average. Drama? Yes. Smears? Yes. Useful brush? No. This product is okay for a night out or a small occasion. But it's not an everyday eyeliner for me. It gets messy and the brush just takes up more space. I bought this maybe twice? But haven't ever since returning to basic eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by suzannekittymeow

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, let me say this oily lidded lass is a huge fan of gel liners. I have tried most of the high end gel liners and my favorite is Bobbi Brown. However, BB does not carry a deep, dark gray/soft matte black and so I picked this up in "Charcoal." It has a buttery texture when applied and allows a bit of play time to smudge before it sets. The shade and texture of "Charcoal" reminds me of Stila Smudge Pots in Grey, but for half the price. Also, contrary to what others have posted, I love the applicator; it's ultra soft and tapered and is much like BB's fine liner brush, perfect to throw in your makeup bag. Have worn it on both the upper and lower lash line and it stays put--does not budge or transfer and seems to be in every way as competent as its frou-frou cousins. Hopefully it won't dry out like my liners from Tarte have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by StellaXYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm overall satisfied with this product. It's easy to get on even you're newbie to makeup. It gives a matte finish more like pencil but feels softer to apply on. You can also get a more intense look if you apply more.

It's not waterproof but it somehow manages to stay in place on my oily lids even without primer. It does smudges a little at the end of the day but it's acceptable for me.

The brush that comes with was not bad, but I don't doubt that there are other better brushes.

I personally would definitely recommend and repurchase it. It stays quite well on my oily lids, is easy to use and I like its matte finish. Plus, the price make it even more attractive. But if you prefer a very intense look as most liquid eyeliner, or if you don't tolerant any smudge at all, maybe it's not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sanaaz

I had been looking for a highly pigmented and long-lasting eyeliner for my waterline for years and finally found this product. Its a great one. Period! Only downsides being it doesn't really go for an extra-smooth application, brush gets clumpy and the one in blue color has no staying power. However, its a blessing for waterline applicators like me. Still to find a replacement.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by tayla280390

Not great, but not terrible either. Mediocre quality. The brush it comes with is absolutely useless; don't even bother trying to use it. A good quality brush used with it can make all the difference. I found it dried out quite quickly. Because of it's consistency, it's hard to make a gorgeous, smooth straight line so it's better when doing a smoky look and blending it out. Overall, not a horrible product but both the MAC and Bobbi Brown products are much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really sturdy and reliable gel eyeliner. I typically prefer liquids (liquid pencils etc) but I was in the mood to tru something different and I heard great things about this stuff. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I haven't used many creme or gel eyeliners before because I feel like they are too messy and time consuming but this stuff is really easy to work with. i actually really like the brush it comes with but definitely use my angled brush aswell. I've had mine for probably 5 months now and it's nowhere near dried out whatsoever. I still have most of it left with the exception of a few dents in it from daily use. I do think that this has a good lasting power but I definitely get better lasting power from my Almay Liquid Eyeliner and even my Maybelline Precise Liner. When wearing this with shadows, the eyeshadow tends to almost wear out the liner and make it look a bit faded so that's kind of a bummer. I haven't tried this in my waterline or on my lower lash line but i might give it a try. Pretty good product and will last a long time.My favorite way to use it is to conceal my lash glue when i wear fake eyelashes. The color is a true matte black and does the job well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My two cents: It is a very weak eyeliner but I say: Go grab this and use as a cream shadow. It's a flattering mid brown-taupe and is an excellent crease color for my nc40 skintone. It works well with All of my eyeshadows. It last forever on my crease and above. I think it should be remarketed as a shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe some of these bad and angry reviews... I have tried MAC's fluidlines and Clinique's cream liner and my favorite is the Maybelline liner. I've only had it for two weeks, so I'm not sure how long I'll have it before it dries out, but overall I am impressed. It is more pigmented than both MAC and Clinique. It does have a drier texture so I don't think it would work well with fake lashes, like someone has said. Overall I think it is a great product. Yesterday I did winged eyeliner, then a couple hours later I went to the gym and afterwards my eyeliner was still perfect. After about 8 hours I do notice some fading.