September 16, 2014 | 1948 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AyeCandie

Beautiful.

This foundation is soooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooo pretty! It looks soo flawless on my skin! I can pile as many layers as Id like and it will not cake up! Its amazing! I only put one layer all over the face and a few more on spots and under my eyes :) I get no creasing at all! it doesn't sink into my pores like other foundations like to do.

Pluses
-Pretty
-Sheer but buildable
-Good Colour range
-Natural but flawless
-Lasting power is so good
-Pretty packaging

Minuses
-It likes to rub off easily :(!
-Bad when it comes to flash photography along with the Nars Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Catsolo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Nars Sheer Glow foundation goes on beautifully and can really appear to transform your skin. However, after I wore this product for about a week my skin broke up terribly, and I have always had pretty clear skin. I get a pimple every other week or so but i've never "broken out" before, and now I know how terrible that can actually feel. I'm still in the process of healing my face after realizing that this foundation is the cause for my terribly patchy, broken out skin.
I literally have never had acne on my forehead before and now i am embarassed to say it's one of the worst areas of my face. See, after I broke out after the first couple days of wearing this makeup I figured it was sweat, or something else, so I covered it up with this foundation and THE ACNE SPREAD. I would NOT recommend this foundation to anyone unless you have miracle skin.

I am praying sephora lets me return or exchange this product because right now i am going to back to clinique's CC creme, which i never should have stopped using to begin with.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I love this, and let me count the ways. I am seriously, SERIOUSLY considering this as my one and only foundation. If my house caught on fire I would leave all of my makeup and run to save this.

My skin background, to let you understand why I love this:

I am dry in the winter, combo in the summer (up to oily, but i think that's just me sweating buckets). This foundation plays well with BOTH. extures and holds up in humidity, heat, and dry parched weather. It does NOT accentuate dry patches nor slide off of oily zones.

I generally prefer a dewy finish in the winter and matte finish in the summer (go figure), and this strikes a happy medium. It is very natural looking, but that's not the right word. To be more fair, it's a semi-matte or satin finish and makes the skin look very flawless.

My skin is also very clear with a big zit maybe once every 3 months. To me, this is a full coverage "I mean business and want to look my best" kind of foundation. I wouldn't wear this to the grocery store, nor would I reserve this for only special occasions. I can wear it every day if I wanted to because even though it is rather high coverage, it sits well on the skin and doesn't have a "heavy" or thick feeling. I don't have to use a separate concealer for blemishes, redness, or undereye darkness with this foundation.

I do not need to set with powder. I can, and it won't make this cake up, but powder makes this last for ages. I mean dinosaur to flying cars ages. I put this on at 7am, moved boxes and boxes of furniture to my new home, and it stayed flawless until I took it off at 10pm. No joke.

The names are admittedly hard to swatch and match online. You need to go in store and really peruse the selection. Stromboli is a much more olive (not golden) color and matches my VERY yellow skin perfectly. I am NC35 currently. When I am NC30 it's a bit of a stretch and I need to blend down to my neck.

I use one little dab with an RT buffing brush for flawless, albeit heavier coverage. Fingers work fine. I don't bother using a Beauty Blender or sponge to sheer it out because that would defeat the purpose of this foundation when I need it.

I have no problems with how this photographs.

The price point is admittedly, ridiculous. With no pump, you have to really be rigorous in your daily shakeweight-esque wrist exercise and shake the damn bottle before you use it.

Please invest in a sample bottle and see for yourself why this is so great. If your skin type is similar to mine, you won't need anything else.

Update: Tried this on the other day after lemming for full coverage foundations but quickly found out that they settle into laugh lines via reviews. This hides them! My skin looks as flawless as full coverage with the nars creamy concealer on top. Plus my husband can't stop looking at me and saying I look beautiful every 10 minutes. Its HG for me. Lets be real. My skin looks like perfect skin, I mean flawless, and the yellow tones in this are amazing. Fiji is great for nc20-25.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

Mont Blanc is the best color-match I've ever found in a foundation, so that alone makes it worth it's weight in gold. I'm pale and have mild rosacea, and SAs are constantly pushing me towards pink-undertone foundations (I have a drawer full of them), but my skin tone is actually neutral, and Mont Blanc is just perfect. They market it as "light with pink undertone" but it's not. It's neutral! I don't know what they're thinking with their color descriptions—most of the shades in this range are quite yellow or peachy.

Anyway, I shied away from this for a long time because I have oily skin and the name "Sheer Glow" sounds like my worst nightmare. But I got curious one day at Sephora and tried it on the back of my hand, where it dried down to a lovely satin-matte. Hmm. It also appeared to be VERY pigmented. Hmm. Not Sheer, not glowy. I picked up a bottle and have been wearing it almost every day since. It's a champ.

I did order the pump from the Nars website ($6) and I'm so glad I did. It looks very skin-like. I would've worn this on my wedding day if I'd known about it because it just looks so, so nice. It's fragrance-free, thank heavens. I can use a very light layer and get beautiful medium to full coverage that holds up all day. I've worn it onstage under hot lights and it holds up. I did a little test recently where I swatched all my foundations on the inside of my arm and then ran them under hot water in the shower to see which ones would hold up best. All of them either melted away or darkened horribly except Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation and Nars Sheer Glow. It's surprisingly tenacious, so be sure you're cleansing really well at the end of the day.

I don't like that I had to order a pump. I understand that this is to encourage people to apply it with their fingers, but I can use my fingers with a pump too, thank you. I also wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's very good and I'm so freakin' excited about all the other wonderful qualities that I don't feel THAT resentful about the price. I definitely will repurchase.

I also recently got the Nars Powder Foundation in the same shade and it's also VERY lovable. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

*I have the colour Siberia

Review summary:
I recommend this foundation for people who find a good shade or tone here that they can't find elsewhere, who have quite even skin any way, who have no dryness or oilyness, who control large pores with BHA's, who do not want very long wear from the foundation, who do not react to turmeric.

Detailed review:
I have dry/oily combination, blemish prone, ghostly pale, yellow toned skin with rosacea and sometimes large pores. I look for a foundation that can even out my skin tone up to a medium coverage for times when I will be photographed, that will last the whole day and will photograph well.

This foundation is very hit and miss with an unforgiving formula to imperfect skin, sometimes it performs well, sometimes it's terrible and a good skin care routine just can't always keep skin perfectly balanced (neither dry nor oily) so it is impossible to tell if the foundation will work when you need it too. It was worth the hassle for the colour alone, till I found other foundations pale enough, then all the cons weren't worth it. The lack of pump is no bother to me personally.

The pro's...
- when applied with a damp sponge it gives a glowy finish (as promised).
- it can look very natural or flawless depending on how much you apply.
- it covers rosacea well, and brown pigmentation.
- it is a colour so close to being light enough for my pale skin that i can comfortably wear it out and about. Also shades for deep skin are available. Tones for fair and deep skin are natural and not simplistic or plain.

The con's...
-if difficult pores have not been treated with BHA's the night before, this product will sink into them in an obvious manner.
- its has to be warmed up in the hand before application if not used with a damp sponge, and application with hands or brushes leave a dry, non glowy finish that dries down too quickly to blend well enough. I have seen bloggers and vloggers who love this product applied with hands or brushes but they tend to have such even skin anyway that they wouldn't notice uneven application which is misleading.
- it clings mercilessly to dry patches and creates flakes where there were none. It's too dry for dry skin despite it being marketed for dry skin.
- it separates on oily areas, giving a blotchy appearance as the day goes by. Powder barely prevents this, and if oil has reach the foundation the slightest touch will completely wipe it off on that area.
- this only photographs well in the brightness of day time. In the shade or dark, whether with or without the flash, this has a strange effect of appearing translucent in photo's (In person i look made up, on camera I look like i'm barely wearing a tint, all unevenness on show).
- despite covering rosacea it wont cover the redness of spots no matter how much you layer.
- I found I couldn't wear this more than 2 days in a row as every time I did cystic acne flourished beneath my skin - I imagine this is a failed purging due to the turmeric included (which when used in high concentration as a mask of turmeric and water, draws out blemishes), as an amount too small to bring blemishes up quickly to the surface to be removed, but not too little to not effect the potential blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsbrazik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is one of my all time favorite foundations and I have tried several different brands. I use Stromboli in the winter and Barcelona in the summer time. It is perfect for my tan-olive skin tone( im arabic and indian)the coverage is full! this is one of the few foundations that you should warm between your hands and apply with your finger tips. on days I want light coverage I mix it with a moisturizer. this foundation has vitamin e in it as well and improves your skins texture with time. My face feels much softer when I wear it. The only downside is that the pump comes separately! it should be included in the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for me! I feel as though this foundation is quite mismarketed almost, as I find this to be semi-matte but to give a sort of glow, without too much dewiness or shine just a gentle glow, definitely true to the name! I think it is mismarketed though as for dry skinned people this may play havoc and cling to dry patches? I'm not sure. But for me and my slightly oily skin, this is heaven. The colour shading is light enough for me (I am shade Light2) and it is so blendable, so buildable and I love how the best application I find is with fingers. The price and the longevity of the foundation are the only downsides. It cost about €44 I think? And on me, with no primer will last about 5-6 hours which is alright but with a primer it will last about 8 which is good enough for me! This is so brilliant I really recommend trying it if you're considering. Also, this has no SPF which may be a plus or a con for people, I find it a plus as it doesn't give me ghostface in pictures and I can simply apply SPF underneath if I need it. This may be my HG foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whilst on my lifelong search to find a foundation that fits my skin colour, I came across this is the colour Siberia. It is only about one shade too dark for me but nonetheless the colour was amazing. I received a sample from sephora and thought that a 55$ foundation should be absolutely amazing.
It wasnt.
It lasts maybe 2-3 hours before disappearing on your face and it is unbearably matte. I have no idea why its called Sheer Glow.
The only pros are the colour, the easily blendable formula, and the 0 chance of skin irritation or breakouts. definitely not worth 55 bucks. Id buy it if it were a drugstore foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is a little dry so I have been looking for a foundation that does not emphasise the dryness and gives a subtle glow. This seemed perfect.

I went and got a sample of NARS sheer glow and couldn't wait to try it. As soon as I touched it though, I knew it was not for me. It didn't feel very moisturising, and as it spread over my face it made my face feel quite tight. Lucky the colour was almost perfect for my skin, because it was super hard to blend. The result of the foundation (even with a moisturising primer) is that it seemed to emphasise my dry patches, like many other foundations seem to do. For the patches that weren't dry, it made my skin look almost perfect...from a distance. When I looked up close it had the affect where it was completely obvious I was wearing makeup, probably the most cakey look I have ever had.

So I'm glad I got a sample and didn't waste $65 on it. Don't get me wrong, I think this foundation would be ok if you have normal, good skin. But get a sample first to make sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The foundation is okay, It doesnt have much coverage but is good for skin that is already clear.

The packaging SUCKS! I always used too much and made a mess because there is no pump. You can buy a pump, but it would cost over $10 after shipping and it is hard to find in stores. So I took the pump off of my old Benefit liquid foundation and put it on the Nars, and it worked!

So before buying a Nars pump, try the pumps of other foundations you already have. I heard the MAC pump works too.

Hope this helps!