April 18, 2014 | 1435 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tiffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin gets dry especially on the cheeks and eye area. I have this in GOBI. I've tried various brands (Estee Lauder, IPSA, Revlon, RMK, Giorgio Armani) and none of them really suited my skin tone 100% and this one did. It always is great on dry skin and doesn't feel caked on. Had been using Giorgio Armani foundation (have tried all of except maestro and the colors were never quite right with me despite their great texture).
This is equivalent to RMK cream foundation and I left that brand in search of something better..)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Farzana07

I have a medium skin complexion, typically normal skin. This product is my holy grail makeup item! I absoloutley love it! I am in the shade Barcelona (MAC NC40) It has really good coverage eventhough it's suppose to be sheer. However I think you need to have good, clear natural skin for the best results. A little bit of product really goes a long way. Only down side I would say is application, I wish it came with a pump. You can buy it separately but that means you can't put the lid back on it. I am completely out and need to stock up! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by SootGremlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am just putting my makeup on now and I reached for my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in shade Gobi, I love this product that much I decided that I need to write a review before I carry on with the rest of my makeup! I had a bit of a hard time getting this foundation as the nearest place to me that stocks it is in Manchester which is 40 minutes away and when I got to the store I was planning to buy it from (in the Trafford Centre) my colour was out of stock. The girl behind the counter was helpful but more interested in a sale though.. she tried telling me I am another colour and this was without doing any colour matches or anything, she also went for one with a more pink tone and I know I am yellow toned regardless to how pale I am (because I don't like tanning) but I stuck to my guns and asked her to find another store that has it in stock which ended up being Selfridges in Manchester City Centre. I told the woman there about my encounter with the other Nars makeup artist and she seemed pretty shocked. From then on my treatment was PERFECT, she wiped some of my makeup off and picked 4 of the closest matches to my skin and we sat and blended them in until a mutual agreement on the best match which was to my surprise the one I had matched myself with in the first place lol. I wore this foundation to one of my photo shoots yesterday and I am really happy with how natural and flawless my skins looks and that's without any touch ups on computer, it's all just makeup and lighting.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this foundation, but I'm not sure it's a HG for me. I really like the buildable coverage of the foundation, that it's lightweight and dewy without being greasy on my oily skin. I don't really like that it seems to cling to any sort of dry spot. As for color match, I'm very fair with pink undertones: Mont Blanc is definitely too dark for me, and while Siberia is the right shade, it seems to lean a little yellow on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

FIRST IMPRESSIONS...
I REALLY LIKE THIS FOUNDATION! I WEAR THIS IN CEYLAN WHICH MATCHES GREAT WITH MY SKIN. ITS SMOOTH, PERFECTS MY SKIN, NOT CAKEY. PERFECT. I WOULDNT SAY ITS THAT GLOWY, I WOULD SAY SEMI MATTE BUT THATS WHAT I LOVE. I HAVE COMBINATION SKIN AND THIS STILL WORKS GREAT, I DO NOT USE A PRIMER.
WILL REPORT BACK IF MY OPINION CHANGES, SO STAY TUNED.

This is OFFICIALLY my HG foundation its so gorgeous. I purchased in Ceylan and Sanya Fe. Santa fe being the best shade for me. I love it! I team with deep throat for a natural flush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG foundation. Purchase the pump to go with it for $4 extra, use hourglass primer as a base... and this stuff lasts for over 10 hours without budging. Wonderful. My skin is flawless, and glowing, and I haven't found another foundation regardless of price or brand that has matched it. Not to mention my very fair skin actually has a match in Mont Blanc. First time I've found a foundation that isn't too pink/orange/ashy. Well done NARS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Wow, was I ever missing out not trying this foundation. Its wonderful, the coverage is amazing! Flawless, blendable & makes my skin look radiant & perfect. I was at a NARS counter a few months ago, but it was late & the SA couldn't find the shade Deaville anywhere. I was disappointed because my NARS & MAC counter are 2 hours away & I really wanted to try Sheer Glow out. Anywho I forgot about this foundation & just used my MAC/Estée Lauder & MUFE foundations, but I felt they where lacking something. I purchased this online & used it the same day it arrived- and I haven't stopped using it. I'm going to list all the pro's about this foundation, because there is so many :)

1) it dries fast, yet it's very blendable.
2) covers every imperfection, while still looking natural & not cakey.
3) A little goes a very long way.
4) It works amazingly in sync with every setting powder I own- I swear this foundation makes my powder better.
5) The colour match is perfect.
6) literally makes your skin look airbrushed, even in sunlight/natural daytime light (my other foundations looked awful in daylight) & photographs.
7) doesn't highlight imperfections like dry patches or acne scars.

The only con is the packaging, there should be a pump included- but it's not to big a deal for me. I love this foundation so much, & I'm glad I branched out of my comfort zone. I'm really wanting to try more NARS products after such a great experience.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am roughly an NC20-25 right now and although I have extremely oily skin, I hate matte finishes. On the other hand, dewy finishes can be absolute horror on my face. I was looking for a nice medium between the two.

Pros:
- Beautiful, radiant finish. Not shiny and dewy like YSL Eclat/Lancome Miracle/Dior Nude, but just a natural looking glow that isn't matte nor shiny. It's almost a wax-like look (which is more human-like) rather than a plastic look.
- Unlke most foundation brands which call particular shades "yellow" in undertone when they are actually an unflattering warm BEIGE, Nars really does have honest yellow shades. If you are in the NC20-NC30 range, you should look at Fiji, Ceylan (which is actually lighter than Fiji despite the number system), or Punjab.
- Coverage is light-medium, which could be a good or bad thing. Definitely more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but not enough to cover very dark scars.

Cons:
- This has zero oil control. But honestly, I'm okay with that because I've used foundations long enough to know that it's a matter of oil control vs. natural-looking finish. The more matte & more oil-controlling the foundation, the more flat and unnatural the finish. The more radiant and natural the finish, the oilier you will get. You just have to decide which is more important to you.
- Even though it's not matte, I still wouldn't call this moisturizing. I have small dry patches in certain areas and this did bunch up around those areas. If you are extremely dry, you might need something even more moisturizing.
- You have to buy a pump separately.

Overall, this is ideal for someone with moderately dry/combo/just barely oily skin. Like I said, I am unfortunately on the extreme end of the spectrum where I am very oily. But for now, I don't mind blotting and reapplying throughout the day.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Hanns93

Pros:
- SUPERB finish. I don't know how they do it. Soft and smooth and
natural and just FLAWLESS.
- Photographs beautifully. No flashback.
- Great coverage.
- Extremely blendable. A little goes a long way.
- Great lasting power.

Cons:
- You will more than likely breakout with this foundation. :(
- No SPF. :(
- The packaging SUCKS. Get a pump, for crying out loud!
- Expensive, (but worth it!)

This is one of my top three FAVORITE foundations in the whole world. (Others being MUFE HD and YSL Touche Eclat). Your skin is guaranteed to look fantastic with this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this foundation I loved it. It looked so nice on my skin but the more I wore it, the worst my skin became. I guess I didn't notice it at the time but this foundation IS NOT OIL FREE. It gave spots in areas that I never got spots in. Yes, the finish is nice but it's so not worth it, because it will cause havoc on your skin. So expensive for a foundation that doesn't even have a pump! That was another really annoying aspect.