December 19, 2014 | 1536 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

to date everyone i know just loves this adorable little lip balm. however i do not. i gave it 2 lippies: 1 for the delicious scent and the 2nd for the adorable packaging. however it does absolutely nothing to moisturize my lips, in fact they feel even dryer after it has rubbed off. I ended up giving mine away to my little cousin. no good for me, sorry

EDIT: my bad.. i reviewed the wrong flavour. i never tried summer fruit, i tried strawberry sorbet, the pink one. that's the one with the yummy smell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crmelody

I remember seeing a few good reviews for this and being the lip balm fanatic that I am, I had to try it. It is literally like rubbing a candle on your lips. It is way too hard. The wax to oil ratio is terrible. So not only is it not pleasurable to apply, but it doesn't moisturize well (predictably). This is definitely one of the worst balms I've tried and the scent I really don't care for at all. Overall, if you are looking for a great balm, try Pangea's (HG of all balms) or Ole Henriksen's or Dr. Bronner's. Packaging is almost as bad as the balm itself.

INGREDIENTS:
Olive Oil, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Natural Flavor, Shea Butter, Stevia Rabaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil, Blueberry Fruit Extract, Strawberry Fruit Extract, Peach Fruit Extract, Linalool.

Looking at the ingredients list I'm trying to find out where it fails, and I have to say that olive oil and coconut oil so high was not a good choice. I've studied the ingredients of the balms I've found the most effective (having tried over 100). Most of the really moisturizing balms have jojoba and sunflower really high and then a really intensely moisturizing oil like borage, hemp, rosehip, or avocado after, and then a citrus oil towards the end.

I'm afraid all the extracts do it no good, and it would have been better if they just had one extract (blueberry, for instance) so the flavor would have been pure and not sicky sweet artificial smelling. Pass on this one.

VERDICT: Bad scent. Bad moisturizing ability. Bad packaging. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I'm an EOS lipbalm addict, (my favorite flavor is Sweet Mint) but there are cons and pros to every purchase. Pros- Adorable Packaging and colors, Beautiful smell, Nice flavors, no chemicals, reasonable price. Cons- Not very long-lasting or deep moisturizing. The packaging isn't very portable. The pros outweigh the cons, so I will repurchase. A fairly good lipbalm for the price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Smells like heaven
Cute packaging
Affordable
Long lasting

Cons:
Not very emollient
A bit dry

I repurchased for the amazing smell :3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by awkkimmivy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the cute packaging but I hate that I can't fit it in my pocket. I also love the scents, but the balm itself isnt very moisturizing. I don't agree with some reviews that say it is drying. i would purchase again solely for the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

This product I would say is a bit pricy for what you get. It is so cute and I love how there's different flavours/colours but honestly the size is a bit annoying. It's not as easy to stuff into your purse as it's round and bigger than most lip balms. It also doesn't give your lips any tint, it leaves it the same colour. And I feel like it doesn't moisturise your lips for long. It smells good, isn't harsh on your lips and is a reasonable price but I don't think it's worth it. Overall I give it a 2/5 and no to repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by VDianeT

This product is super cute and smells great but it doesn't hydrate my lips. It makes feel hydrated for a short period of time but tends to dry it out more when it's absorbed in my lips. I've used this product for about 5 months and I would not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by phanct862

A few years ago, a friend of mine let me use her EOS lip balm and claimed that it was her FAAAVORITE lip balm ever! Because I'm easily influenced, I decided that if she liked it, I would like it too. I purchased my own and for awhile, I really did like it a lot. I loved the smell, and I loved that if I licked my lips, it actually tasted good. After a few weeks, I noticed that debris from my purse would collect in the grooves of the container which was disgusting, and I also had to acknowledge that the lip balm actually did NOTHING in terms of moisturizing my lips. It's a very waxy product that simply covered and smoothed over my lips. After the product wore away, my lips were in the exact same condition as before. I wish I hadn't jumped on the band wagon for this product, because now I have about 3 of these spheres laying around my place. I much prefer Burt's Bees chapsticks or the regular Chapsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was obsessed with this the first week I had it...now it tastes and smells nasty. Not sure why but yeah...don't use this anymore. I do like the mint one though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with the EOS line! This scent is absolutely wonderful, it's so summery. I have tried almost every lip balm out there and nothing compares. It moisturizes so well and there's plenty of product. The egg shape is adorable and original. The price is CHEAP compared to department store lip moisturizers. I recommend this to all of my friends. I have 8 of the EOS lip balms in each scent. Love love love it!