July 25, 2014 | 1246 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shadyzgal08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I got this as a birthday present 2 weeks ago and have used it a few times.
Pros-
- nice brush
- holds the curl in your lashes
- even though it's waterproof, it still is easy to take off

Cons-
- the smell! it smells like Indian spices
- very dry formula
- didn't do anything for volume and gave me little length

Overall I personally prefer a wet formula mascara (Loreal Voluminous is my HG). This was drying and gave me a very natural look. I prefer the fake lash look and since I naturally have long, thick lashes almost every mascara gives me th fake lash look- except this. I wouldn't recommend this and I will probably only use this when I want a natural lash look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ALEXMANI

Well first of all, the formula is really dry, so my lashes clump a bit. And maybe it's just because I'm asian, and have stick straight lashes, but this mascara doesn't hold my curl at all. It like goes back to the original state in like 10 minutes, so I don't recommend anyone buying this product, since this mascara is all about curves, but it isn't a great curling mascara at all. BUTTT at least it was cheap. :) I got mine for like 6 bucks with a free eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by dsbbhome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the MOST impressive mascara I have ever come across. It is in a purple, shiny, stylish tube. The brush is a little quirky. The bristles are all silicone, but instead of being straight they look like spiky waves. I really had my doubts about what it could do, but have been pleasantly surprised. My eyelashes look way longer (Lycra) and thicker w/o clumps. Just when you think you're finished the eyelashes seem to shriank a little bit, but it's just the fibers shrinking a little in order to give you a wide-eyed, professionally curled look. I'm still searching for this in waterproof, but have found that the regualr doesn't smudge very much. You GOTTA TRY THIS ONE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Brittanoway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I dont know if i got a bad tube or what, but it was so dry it wouldnt even apply to my lashes! I thought about taking it back to get another tube but im not even going to bother, im just going to get my money back. I was very dissapointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by AbbyAnne

I wanted to get the original mascara but I always need waterproof because I raccoon so easily & my curls in my lashes will only stay with waterproof.

Maybe I got a bad tube or something because the formula was super dry & I barely got any product onto my lashes. I've only used it once. I mean what's the use of using it again when it's still gonna be dry? I really like the packaging, but idk about the funky wand haha

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this mascara. I have to wear waterproof because my lashes are really long and straight. Waterproof is the only thing that will make them hold their curl. This stuff doesn't seem waterproof at all. I put it on and had instant droopage and it didn't volumize at all. I will stick to Covergirl Lash Exact and Lash Blast in waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

OMG! This is waterproof. It stood up to me crying the other day (I'm talking major tears, red face and snot producing crying) and it didn't budge, so I cheered up when I saw that! I have to say it's the first mascara I've come across that can do that. It's also pretty good in a downpour. I can't comment on how it stands up to swimming. It's a strange product but I guess that's because it's waterproof. The brush takes a bit of practice, I've managed to poke myself in the eyes a few times getting the hang of it. It makes my lashes a bit longer and separates well. EDIT: Like all other Rimmel mascara's this has gone dry and waxy making it hard to put on evenly and lumpy. With a good combing my lashes look good but I can't really be bothered with combing when I can just use a mascara that doesn't need it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No