OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/14/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of months and I really like it. I use it as a base coat and it helps my polish stay on longer and my nails seem healthier. Despite the high cost, I'll definitely use this again.

on 4/21/2008 4:01:00 PM

I've been using this for years. Everyday for a nice healthy nail look and when I wear polish I use it as a top coat. I'd really like to try the matte as well!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is by far the BEST nail product out there! It's a strengthener but I use it as a base and topcoat as well. As a nail strengthener it can't be beat - adds strength and shine without being too thick and peeling (like a lot of strengtheners out there) - love it! As a base coat it hugs nails and provides an unbeatable smooth canvas for polish - again, love it! As a topcoat it gives amazing shine and keeps your colour put - still loving it! The price seems steep at first ($20) but you will spend a lot more money experimenting with mediocre products. And because it can be used as a strengthener/basecoat/topcoat - you'll be rid of clutter. I would recommend this product to anyone and will absolutely be repurchasing it. I'm in love!

on 4/17/2008 2:53:00 PM

It works for me. I use both the orignal and the matt. I often use the original on top of other brands of nail varnish to help it last longer.

on 4/13/2008 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

If you use this product according to the instructions (two coats at first, then one coat every other day) then this stuff works awesomely. I've actually found that you only need to apply another coat about 3 times a week instead of every other day. The nail polish dries very quickly when applied. My nails are prone to peeling, and this is like liquid steel for them. As long as I make sure to apply it when needed, my nails grow beautifully. Without this stuff I cannot get them to grow much at all. Because of this it is worth the price, and will continue to buy this again and again, as I have been. The ONLY problem with this product is that when you near the end of the product, it gets veeerrryy sticky and dries as soon as it has contact with the air. This is to the point where it is unusable. This has happened with every bottle I have ever gotten, and am currently on my 4-5th bottle. Oh well...

on 4/6/2008 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this on sale in a holiday package and paid about $9 for it (compared to $22 CDN regular price) so I am happy I didn't pay full price. With that said, I do believe this is a pretty great product. As a lifelong nail biter, this stuff has been a god send. My nails are stronger and the peeling has pretty much been eliminated. The shine it leaves makes my nails look very polished and nice. I do notice the yellow tinge but it is not a big deal (I take it off and reapply when I notice signs of yellow starting). I would never pay $22 for this but I would most certainly pick up another bottle if I found it on sale again. EDIT: everyone keeps asking what I am doing to my nails to make them so healthy!? Well... Nail Envy. My Mom is sold, My sis is sold...even have a bottle of Matte on the way for the BF. This stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD. Amazing. (I never thought I would say that about a nail product...) Try getting it on ebay, way cheaper.

on 3/27/2008 7:46:00 AM

I bought this in the hopes that it would help my nails through a cold winter - they were breaking off even thought i keep them quite short. I paid 22euros here in Ireland for Nail Envy.I applied it as directed - its like a very watery nail polish which dries very quickly - it is clear yet very shiny which is fine but as you build up the coats (as directed) it takes on a dirty yellowish tinge. The yellowish tinge is pretty ugly but i was happy to keep going with the Nail Envy in the hopes that my nails got stronger - but i dont find that they have, they still split at the tips and peel away. I did paint my nails with a nail polish once and the Nail Envy did provide a good base but then again a plain clear nail polish will do this too...for far less $$$ !After removing the nail polish with an acetone based remover my nails seemed a little stronger - but not enough to justify the price of this product.I will finish the bottle but i wont re-buy.

on 2/19/2008 3:30:00 PM

I'm so happy with this product. After removing my acrylic nails, my nails were really in bad shape, peeling, soft and discolored. I started using Nail Envy and within a week my nails were stronger. Great product!!! www.skylinebeautysupply.com

on 2/18/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this after my hair dresser girlfriend showed me her nails. Her hands and nail area are plagued by exczema which causes her nails to be very weak. It didn't take much to talk me into buying a bottle because my nails didn't grow more than 2cm or so off the nail bed. Luckily, she was able to give me a 50% discount on it and paid $5 CAN for a $10 bottle...yahoo!!

As soon as I got home I applied it and followed the directions of re-applying every day. I have to say that my nails have never been as strong or as long as they are now after 2 weeks use. By this point they're usually peeling or breaking...but not anymore! This is definetly the best nail strengthener I've found.

on 2/17/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I was at Trade Secret last week I was able to snag a bottle of this for 60% off since it was in holiday packaging. I had never tried it but the salesgirl mentioned that it was really cheap for this product and they had just one left so I figured what the heck. I had been using Essie protein base coat and when I removed my polish last sunday I could see that my nails were starting to peel so I applied two coats of this under 2 coats of polish with SV. When I removed my polish today I was shocked!!! My nails have NEVER looked this good and the peeling is gone! I was using red polish and there is no staining, just strong healthy nails. My only complaint is that this seems to take a long time to dry but the results are well worth it and I will pay full price for this product when I run out. HG status! *edit* My nails flat out decided that they did not like this stuff! I had to cut my nails real short after using this a month or so for they became real brittle and several broke. Hg status removed!!!

Popular Treatments