October 31, 2014 | 1527 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on sale in a holiday package and paid about $9 for it (compared to $22 CDN regular price) so I am happy I didn't pay full price. With that said, I do believe this is a pretty great product. As a lifelong nail biter, this stuff has been a god send. My nails are stronger and the peeling has pretty much been eliminated. The shine it leaves makes my nails look very polished and nice. I do notice the yellow tinge but it is not a big deal (I take it off and reapply when I notice signs of yellow starting). I would never pay $22 for this but I would most certainly pick up another bottle if I found it on sale again. EDIT: everyone keeps asking what I am doing to my nails to make them so healthy!? Well... Nail Envy. My Mom is sold, My sis is sold...even have a bottle of Matte on the way for the BF. This stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD. Amazing. (I never thought I would say that about a nail product...) Try getting it on ebay, way cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the hopes that it would help my nails through a cold winter - they were breaking off even thought i keep them quite short. I paid 22euros here in Ireland for Nail Envy.I applied it as directed - its like a very watery nail polish which dries very quickly - it is clear yet very shiny which is fine but as you build up the coats (as directed) it takes on a dirty yellowish tinge. The yellowish tinge is pretty ugly but i was happy to keep going with the Nail Envy in the hopes that my nails got stronger - but i dont find that they have, they still split at the tips and peel away. I did paint my nails with a nail polish once and the Nail Envy did provide a good base but then again a plain clear nail polish will do this too...for far less $$$ !After removing the nail polish with an acetone based remover my nails seemed a little stronger - but not enough to justify the price of this product.I will finish the bottle but i wont re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bookgirl330

I'm so happy with this product. After removing my acrylic nails, my nails were really in bad shape, peeling, soft and discolored. I started using Nail Envy and within a week my nails were stronger. Great product!!! www.skylinebeautysupply.com

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by laula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after my hair dresser girlfriend showed me her nails. Her hands and nail area are plagued by exczema which causes her nails to be very weak. It didn't take much to talk me into buying a bottle because my nails didn't grow more than 2cm or so off the nail bed. Luckily, she was able to give me a 50% discount on it and paid $5 CAN for a $10 bottle...yahoo!!

As soon as I got home I applied it and followed the directions of re-applying every day. I have to say that my nails have never been as strong or as long as they are now after 2 weeks use. By this point they're usually peeling or breaking...but not anymore! This is definetly the best nail strengthener I've found.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was at Trade Secret last week I was able to snag a bottle of this for 60% off since it was in holiday packaging. I had never tried it but the salesgirl mentioned that it was really cheap for this product and they had just one left so I figured what the heck. I had been using Essie protein base coat and when I removed my polish last sunday I could see that my nails were starting to peel so I applied two coats of this under 2 coats of polish with SV. When I removed my polish today I was shocked!!! My nails have NEVER looked this good and the peeling is gone! I was using red polish and there is no staining, just strong healthy nails. My only complaint is that this seems to take a long time to dry but the results are well worth it and I will pay full price for this product when I run out. HG status! *edit* My nails flat out decided that they did not like this stuff! I had to cut my nails real short after using this a month or so for they became real brittle and several broke. Hg status removed!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

I got this when i quit getting my nails done i had overlays after i had fake tips. Really helped my nails out they really grew and where strong. I no longer get my nails done i only go every now and then for mani/pedis other wise i do it my self. Great product for after you remove fake nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by gakester8

i use this every time i paint my nails for the basecoat, i use a different topcoat so its fast-drying though. For the following days I add a layer onto the top of my nails and it helps them last longer and (i guess) grow stronger!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by rosanna7178

I've been using OPI Nail Envy for about 10 years and I just love it! I get compliments on my nail and oftentimes people will ask what they can do to get good nails. I always say use OPI nail envy, and when they ask if it works, i always just say, it works for me! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

This is a must have prodcut for anyone with dry, peeling or flaky nails. This is the only varnish that seems to make a difference to the way my nails, look, feel and grow. I treated myself to a manicure and the manicurist commented on how well I look after my nails. Thank-you OPI, that's down to you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by heidibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked and bit at my nails for over 15 years until I found this stuff! It works almost instantly, and kept my nails gorgeously long and strong - enough that I didn't have to manicure them for my Wedding in 2007.

I have also suffered from eczema most of my life and I put the increased itching, inflamation and irritation down to the stress of planning my Wedding. The irritation was on my eyes, scalp, arms - and where I scratched, it got worse.
It's only now I'm watching my health more closely and removing chemicals where I can, that when I ran out of (Original) Nail Envy I noticed a marked improvement!

This is down to the Formaldehyde contained in the Original formula - after all, it is used to preserve dead bodies and tissue so I understand the way it works. Unfortunately, it appears I am allergic.

I've stopped using the Original formula, and moved to Sensitive&Peeling. It doesn't work quite as well, but it's a small price to pay for the absence of unrelenting eczema, that wouldn't let up no matter how hard I scratched - and was starting to affect my appearance and quality of life in general.
If you're not allergic to Formaldehyde, this stuff is FAB.
If you have eczema, be careful - possibly switch (and try eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and other strong household detergents etc). continued >>