August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was at Trade Secret last week I was able to snag a bottle of this for 60% off since it was in holiday packaging. I had never tried it but the salesgirl mentioned that it was really cheap for this product and they had just one left so I figured what the heck. I had been using Essie protein base coat and when I removed my polish last sunday I could see that my nails were starting to peel so I applied two coats of this under 2 coats of polish with SV. When I removed my polish today I was shocked!!! My nails have NEVER looked this good and the peeling is gone! I was using red polish and there is no staining, just strong healthy nails. My only complaint is that this seems to take a long time to dry but the results are well worth it and I will pay full price for this product when I run out. HG status! *edit* My nails flat out decided that they did not like this stuff! I had to cut my nails real short after using this a month or so for they became real brittle and several broke. Hg status removed!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

I got this when i quit getting my nails done i had overlays after i had fake tips. Really helped my nails out they really grew and where strong. I no longer get my nails done i only go every now and then for mani/pedis other wise i do it my self. Great product for after you remove fake nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by gakester8

i use this every time i paint my nails for the basecoat, i use a different topcoat so its fast-drying though. For the following days I add a layer onto the top of my nails and it helps them last longer and (i guess) grow stronger!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by rosanna7178

I've been using OPI Nail Envy for about 10 years and I just love it! I get compliments on my nail and oftentimes people will ask what they can do to get good nails. I always say use OPI nail envy, and when they ask if it works, i always just say, it works for me! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

This is a must have prodcut for anyone with dry, peeling or flaky nails. This is the only varnish that seems to make a difference to the way my nails, look, feel and grow. I treated myself to a manicure and the manicurist commented on how well I look after my nails. Thank-you OPI, that's down to you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by heidibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked and bit at my nails for over 15 years until I found this stuff! It works almost instantly, and kept my nails gorgeously long and strong - enough that I didn't have to manicure them for my Wedding in 2007.

I have also suffered from eczema most of my life and I put the increased itching, inflamation and irritation down to the stress of planning my Wedding. The irritation was on my eyes, scalp, arms - and where I scratched, it got worse.
It's only now I'm watching my health more closely and removing chemicals where I can, that when I ran out of (Original) Nail Envy I noticed a marked improvement!

This is down to the Formaldehyde contained in the Original formula - after all, it is used to preserve dead bodies and tissue so I understand the way it works. Unfortunately, it appears I am allergic.

I've stopped using the Original formula, and moved to Sensitive&Peeling. It doesn't work quite as well, but it's a small price to pay for the absence of unrelenting eczema, that wouldn't let up no matter how hard I scratched - and was starting to affect my appearance and quality of life in general.
If you're not allergic to Formaldehyde, this stuff is FAB.
If you have eczema, be careful - possibly switch (and try eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and other strong household detergents etc). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a must-have if you're trying to strengthen your nails! I've used this for years and have noticed a marked difference in my nails with regular use. They're less likely to break when I wear this under polish.

My mother in law is prone to dry and brittle nails that often peel, especially in the winter. I loaned her a bottle of Nail Envy (I keep several bottles in the house) and she raved at how it helped her nails; the cracking and peeling was virtually eliminated. Any product that helps me gain brownie points with my mother in law is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My nails have been pretty strong and not much breakage. But last year I was not able to grow my nails more than just a bit long, because they would start breaking while doing regular things. I read reviews on various nail strengthening products and decided to give this one a try. A week into using this, my nails already seemed much better, and I was able to grow them out to my usual regular length. Whats more, it acts as a good base coat, and as a good glossy top coat as well. I love wearing just this as a clear coat on my finger nails.
Have already purchased this twice, and will keep repurchasing. I keep one bottle at home and one at work. Dries super fast - in 5 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by samstb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 3 weeks. Before this i had calgel nails on and peeled them off myself, as you can imagine my nails were a mess, splitting, bendy, weak and flakey. YUK. So decied to buy this from qvc as part of a set have been using it now for 4 weeks.

I filled my nails down very short and applied this as per instructions. Within 4 weeks my nails have grown long and strong. I went for a file and polish and the nail technician complimented my nails. So i am very impressed will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jekins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. It's definitely the best for strengthing. It makes my nails look as if they've just been manicured.