September 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mmiodaviss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner ever. I can make precise lines and the color is so dark. It also lasts though out the day. The only things I don't like is that it won't say on your lower lash line. But, I think that's pretty standard for liquid liners. Also, it reflects light so in the light it's hard to see the liner but that's an easy fix by just putting black eyeshadow over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I could not for the life of me make a straight line with the sponge applicator, but after a few tries and learning how to handle the tip, lining my eyes is now a breeze. The formula is matte and dark black, which I really like. Winging out eyeliner sometimes gets tricky with the felt applicator--that's probably the only con that I think of, but maybe that's just me not being good at winging out liner, lol. Overall, good buy, makes lining easy and great formula. HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by xforeverryoungg

Great packaging, very easy to apply but it flakes pretty quickly.

It also fades and becomes this odd sheer color even though I'm using the blackest black shade.

I'd try it again if it were a bit cheaper because the quality wasn't amazing, but for my first liquid liner it was a good purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mandy1luv

I had this for a couple of weeks now and I already feel like I'm running out. I actually ditched my Maybelline gel liner for this because I read a few good reviews. Well lets first talk about the color. It is nice and black but a little sheer if you don't have enough on the brush, so I usually have to put two coats to get a nice dark black. It dries shiny (which I don't like) and I could actually see little sparkles in it (which I REALLY don't like) but they don't irritate me. When I first got it I had to shake it a lot to get it on the brush. If you get this you should maybe store it upside down in your brush holder so you don't have to shake it too much. In a few strokes I have one eye done, but then I have to screw the cap back on and shake it a lot to get more liner. I can't just dip it in like other liners I had. And the biggest problem is it's reaction to water. I know it's not meant to be waterproof but just a little resistant would be nice. I mean if your someone who just likes to wash off your makeup easily with water it's for you, but I need something that can stand my watery eyes. When I take naps the inner corners and my wing vanishes as if I never put a thing there. And in the morning when my eyes water it's really hard to put on because my skin has to be completely dry. Takes abot 20 seconds to dry. It's easy to fix if you make a mistake just take a q-tip and some makeup remover of water and clean it. I won't go back to this whe I'm out because I really want to try Revlon Colorstay because I heard nice things about it. Hopefully it's a lot better than this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was one of my first liquid eyeliners when I first started using them. The applicator of this liner is a felt tip. It's a fairly flexible top, so you can bend it to fit just above your lashline. The pigmentation is good, although it's not as black as I would want it to be. This is just a good basic liquid liner, but it's not anything amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kativy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- The application is easy and so fast compared to my usual (Bobbi Brown gel liner).
- The color is dark and bold.
- You can get an incredibly fine line with the pen tip. Love the applicator.

Cons:
- Made it two hours before hearing a really funny joke and laughing/crying a little bit, and when I reevaluated my makeup later, half the liner was gone. I just ended up wiping the rest off, because I looked like a goofball.

This is a nice product for a date night or something, where you know you'll only be out a couple of hours. Not good for all-day wear around hilarious people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeliner, have been searching for the perfect gel or liquid liner as I look that defined look better than what a pencil delivers. This is provides a nice, crisp defined eye line, you can draw it thick or thin, I prefer thin for a sophisticated but natural look. It is a bit shiny (at least the brownish/black color is) but I kinda like the shine! My eyes look bigger and more defined with this eyeliner. This also seems to stay on all day, provided I don't rub my eyes or shower, I don't think it's waterproof, just smudge-proof.

For reference, I also purchased Maybelline's gel liner to compare and I think I prefer this one. The gel is not as dark (even the black), or defined but both stay on all day. Very affordable, I doubt I'll go back to the expensive brands after finding this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

this is so great i find myself always going back to this liner, it may get annoying to dip again but i do it all the time anyway. i always add a second coat on top of the first one just in case of fading it is a little bit shiny but it looks amazing. it only flaked on me once because i was rubbing my eye really hard and i forgot i had it on(disaster) but it was my fault so im not blaming this product, i loooooove it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

It was great on my hand in the shop. Precision felt tip. A little glossy but I can get over it.

Then I started wearing it. It just flakes. And keeps flaking. I tried by first applying pencil eyeliner and then applying this on top, helps a little but still flakes.

Not using it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

My favorite liquid liner. I have been using pen eyeliners from Sephora and Victoria's Secret and I've tried NYX studio liquid liners but every single time I come back to Maybelline's Line Stiletto. I am on my 3rd or 4th tube! I have combo-oily skin and my lids can get oily throughout the day, but this liquid liner somehow sticks through it, with or without eye primer.

By the end of the day, the most that comes off is at the outer corner because of laughing or crying when I might tear up a little. The finish is matte, and the application is very easy because the applicator is a really soft felt nib and not a brush, so I never have to worry about uneven product application and almost never have to relayer the eyeliner because it's so opaque, as opposed to NYX eyeliners which have comparable staying power but not so great opacity.

I would say that this is the best of both worlds between your typical brush-tip liquid liner and a felt pen eyeliner! My eyeliner is always very sharp and crisp, most likely because of the tapered nib of the applicator, so I recommend this as a great eyeliner for winged and double-winged cat eyes and as a strong accent to smoking eyes, but probably not great if you like smoldering eyeliners because it's hard if not impossible to blend it once it's dry, and it dries quickly.

The tube sounds like it has a little ball inside which is nice, since as you're running out of product all you have to do is shake the tube a little to run the product onto the nib. I wear this almost every day, and it lasts me about 6 months before I need another tube.