August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love licorice so I like the way this smells. It's fun to use and my face feels soft afterwards. My only complaint is that it leaves black residue in my pores, so I have to remove this cleanser with a washcloth. But after using at night and following it with Eau Roma Water toner and Celestial moisturizer, my skin felt amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

Great product, really cleans the skin without striping it and also ex foliates well. I don't like the black residue it leaves behind, but the benefits out way the cons so I use it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I expected a lot from this, considering all the reviews. And it is fantastic as an exfoliant, I'll give it that. My face feels very smooth. But it made me break out severely with lots of white heads. I always used cleanser afterwards to make sure nothing stayed on my face, and it's the only thing which has changed in my skin care routine.
Packaging should get a zero, because it came wrapped in paper.
Price was expensive, NZ$17.90 for about 70g.
Will not repurchase because of the breakout. However, will use up what I have left on my underarms before shaving. It's pretty good for that.
I think I'm just not designed to have Lush stuff agree with me. Sticking to products which are actually natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product works really well for my oily skin. it is easy to use, leaves my skin really soft, and really draws out the impurities. i do not use this every day since it can get a little drying if you do. i am not a huge fan of the scent (licorice) but i can deal with it. i love natural products and this one is fun to use! it does make a mess so i try to put this one while in the shower. i used this a couple of times this week along with herbalism and my face has cleared up dramatically.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product for its exfoliating properties, and that it's super fun to use (seriously, black scrubby stuff on your face, don't see that every day!)

I use it in the shower every morning so that the black stuff will wash off from underneath my fingertips, otherwise I look like I have mechanic's hands. I like that it's natural ingredients and no animal testing, but I'm not too fussy on the smell (not a licorice fan).

I've now started on the Herbalism cleanser from Lush, but I may buy some more Dark Angels as it's great for getting my skin all smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to wait to do my skincare reviews. Quite frankly, I have ADD when it comes to cleansers. Typically after two weeks, I am on to something new in the quest for smoother, more behaved skin.

I am now more than a month into using Dark Angels and I'm confident I've hit the goldmine. So confident, in fact, I went back to LUSH today and committed to $15 more of the product...which actually is quite a bit.

My skin is hormonally fussy (aka it was clear until my 30s...and now...whoa baby...once a month for a week...look out!). I am also an exercise nut who sweats nightly with the makeup she wore to work on. Dark Angels, though, is a breakout star.

I use it every night and my skin is soft and much more behaved. Even though I am trying oral remedies for the cysts I get (that seems to be working so far), I still have some residual blackhead and small pimple issues. Those are pretty much a thing of the past now. A small pinch every night when I get home from the gym, then I use a Q-tip and some jojoba oil to remove my eye-makeup. It's become a staple of mine because it seems to double as a great, but mild, exfoliant, as well.

Yes, it can be a bit messy, but I just do an extra rinse or two...not a big deal. In the a.m. I use my fave, Fresh Farmacy.

And all seems right in the universe....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dark Angels is shocking! stains the shower floor, difficult to remove. thank goodness it was just a sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm finally getting over a bad case of acne, with the help of supplements and Spearmint tea, and I was looking to get rid of my remaining stubborn small white heads that still plague my t-zone. I've used this cleanser/scrub/mask for the last couple of days and I can definitely tell there is a significant difference in the tone and condition of my skin. I'm not all too impressed with its exfoliating and cleansing ability, since it can remain fairly well on the skin, even after rinsing. Because of this, I still use my Alba Botanicals scrub first and Acne.org cleanser after. A+ as a mask.

BTW, who cares if it is a little messy or coats the sink, as long as it's working. Just clean the sink and get on with life. geez

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lizziek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks a little scary, admittedly, but oh my god it is amazing! I only got a sample and have only used it once, last night, but woke up this morning with perfect skin! Will use again , maybe it was a fluke, but I think I am seriously being converted to lush products. I took my make up off with Babyface, took the filmy layer of Babyface of with Dark Angels and followed with the tea tree toner and he vanishing cream. Seriously, I have never looked that good in the morning, I was late for work I was so mesmerized by my own skin! EDIT: This is good, but too abrasive for everyday use. It sorts out problem skin, but once my skin settled down it was too much. I would still buy again if I was having issues with break outs and blocked pores, but can't use this daily, so took off two lippies, as it's expensive to buy as an occasional treatment.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

Lovely! I use this twice a week and everytime i rinse it off, my face feels brand new!
It is quite scrubby due to the pieces of charcoal in it, but if you leave it on for a few minutes, it can also double as an absorbant face mask.