October 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is not a cleansesr. It's a scrub. And it's very grainy.... the coal pieces are HUGE. I don't even know if it's coal or almond grounds. But it's quite chunky. If you think St Ives apricot scrub is too grainy and damaging to your skin, you'll think Dark Angels is worse. I hate how messy this cleanser is especially b/c it's BLACK. I've used Angels on Bare Skin and Herbalism before, and had no problem with their messiness. Dark Angels is the messiest ever, even in the shower. It doesn't help with my skin either... My skin doesn't improve, nor did it get worse. I have normal behaving skin to begin with... not much problems to treat. The WORST thing about this "cleanser" is that the black stain STAYS on my skin. I rinse my face with water for a while before stepping out of shower. Then i use toner and wipe my face, and i always see black stains coming out! I really don't know how i feel about this cleanser not rinsing off completely. Sometimes, the black pieces were stuck in my hairlines. I don't think i'll repurchase this. I hate that i have to use up the whole tub in 3 months... although i only bought like $7 worth of it, i can't see myself finishing it anytime soon. Too gross...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this because i wanted to see an improvement in my skin! Well i didnt notice a change.The only difference was my face was soft! I am not sure what i was expecting..hmm i guess maybe a new face but it was just ok. I put this on my face and it looked like mud then after wards i washed it and my face was soft! I give it 3 lippies only because of the softness but other than that that is it! I wont buy this again only because the little bit that is did buy will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 12/19/09--- Been using this for almost 3 months and still love it. It's a keeper!! -----

I was anxious to review this immediately after I tried it, but I know better with skincare products. I've been using Dark Angels for about a month now (2-3 a week) and I can say officially that I LOVE IT! It's super fun to use. Black, gooey junk all over your face... love it. No surprise it is messy, so use it in the shower. It washes off your face and the shower floor easily. I apply it as a mask/scrub, leaving it on for about 5 minutes total. Only rub it around gently, any more might cause irritation. It leaves my face feeling super soft and smooth and dare I say more even-toned??? Yes! As for the smell, I like it much better than Coal Face. I have not experienced any breakouts form this. And if I use it consistently I see a significant reduction in breakouts. This is everything I hoped Coal Face would be. Awesome. Never discontinue this, LUSH. Rating will be upped to 5 if I still like it in a few weeks- fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by luvnudao

I was a Coalface fan before Dark Angels has released. This is definitely my new HG!!! I've been using it everyday although I don't find it harsh on my acne-prone skin but it has dramatically improved my skin texture instead. I love how it leaves my skin soft not squeaky clean like Coal face. I've also noticed my blackheads on my nose were mostly gone. And like many other says - those black residues it leaves behind doesn't impress but for me I just simply wipe it out with Lush Tea Tree Water which has work wonders!!! The only bad thing is, it creates extra work cleaning up fingernails. I'd still give it 5 lippies though...cuz this is the best cleanser for me so far ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love licorice so I like the way this smells. It's fun to use and my face feels soft afterwards. My only complaint is that it leaves black residue in my pores, so I have to remove this cleanser with a washcloth. But after using at night and following it with Eau Roma Water toner and Celestial moisturizer, my skin felt amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

Great product, really cleans the skin without striping it and also ex foliates well. I don't like the black residue it leaves behind, but the benefits out way the cons so I use it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I expected a lot from this, considering all the reviews. And it is fantastic as an exfoliant, I'll give it that. My face feels very smooth. But it made me break out severely with lots of white heads. I always used cleanser afterwards to make sure nothing stayed on my face, and it's the only thing which has changed in my skin care routine.
Packaging should get a zero, because it came wrapped in paper.
Price was expensive, NZ$17.90 for about 70g.
Will not repurchase because of the breakout. However, will use up what I have left on my underarms before shaving. It's pretty good for that.
I think I'm just not designed to have Lush stuff agree with me. Sticking to products which are actually natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product works really well for my oily skin. it is easy to use, leaves my skin really soft, and really draws out the impurities. i do not use this every day since it can get a little drying if you do. i am not a huge fan of the scent (licorice) but i can deal with it. i love natural products and this one is fun to use! it does make a mess so i try to put this one while in the shower. i used this a couple of times this week along with herbalism and my face has cleared up dramatically.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product for its exfoliating properties, and that it's super fun to use (seriously, black scrubby stuff on your face, don't see that every day!)

I use it in the shower every morning so that the black stuff will wash off from underneath my fingertips, otherwise I look like I have mechanic's hands. I like that it's natural ingredients and no animal testing, but I'm not too fussy on the smell (not a licorice fan).

I've now started on the Herbalism cleanser from Lush, but I may buy some more Dark Angels as it's great for getting my skin all smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to wait to do my skincare reviews. Quite frankly, I have ADD when it comes to cleansers. Typically after two weeks, I am on to something new in the quest for smoother, more behaved skin.

I am now more than a month into using Dark Angels and I'm confident I've hit the goldmine. So confident, in fact, I went back to LUSH today and committed to $15 more of the product...which actually is quite a bit.

My skin is hormonally fussy (aka it was clear until my 30s...and now...whoa baby...once a month for a week...look out!). I am also an exercise nut who sweats nightly with the makeup she wore to work on. Dark Angels, though, is a breakout star.

I use it every night and my skin is soft and much more behaved. Even though I am trying oral remedies for the cysts I get (that seems to be working so far), I still have some residual blackhead and small pimple issues. Those are pretty much a thing of the past now. A small pinch every night when I get home from the gym, then I use a Q-tip and some jojoba oil to remove my eye-makeup. It's become a staple of mine because it seems to double as a great, but mild, exfoliant, as well.

Yes, it can be a bit messy, but I just do an extra rinse or two...not a big deal. In the a.m. I use my fave, Fresh Farmacy.

And all seems right in the universe....