July 30, 2014 | 1859 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to wait to do my skincare reviews. Quite frankly, I have ADD when it comes to cleansers. Typically after two weeks, I am on to something new in the quest for smoother, more behaved skin.

I am now more than a month into using Dark Angels and I'm confident I've hit the goldmine. So confident, in fact, I went back to LUSH today and committed to $15 more of the product...which actually is quite a bit.

My skin is hormonally fussy (aka it was clear until my 30s...and now...whoa baby...once a month for a week...look out!). I am also an exercise nut who sweats nightly with the makeup she wore to work on. Dark Angels, though, is a breakout star.

I use it every night and my skin is soft and much more behaved. Even though I am trying oral remedies for the cysts I get (that seems to be working so far), I still have some residual blackhead and small pimple issues. Those are pretty much a thing of the past now. A small pinch every night when I get home from the gym, then I use a Q-tip and some jojoba oil to remove my eye-makeup. It's become a staple of mine because it seems to double as a great, but mild, exfoliant, as well.

Yes, it can be a bit messy, but I just do an extra rinse or two...not a big deal. In the a.m. I use my fave, Fresh Farmacy.

And all seems right in the universe....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dark Angels is shocking! stains the shower floor, difficult to remove. thank goodness it was just a sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm finally getting over a bad case of acne, with the help of supplements and Spearmint tea, and I was looking to get rid of my remaining stubborn small white heads that still plague my t-zone. I've used this cleanser/scrub/mask for the last couple of days and I can definitely tell there is a significant difference in the tone and condition of my skin. I'm not all too impressed with its exfoliating and cleansing ability, since it can remain fairly well on the skin, even after rinsing. Because of this, I still use my Alba Botanicals scrub first and Acne.org cleanser after. A+ as a mask.

BTW, who cares if it is a little messy or coats the sink, as long as it's working. Just clean the sink and get on with life. geez

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lizziek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks a little scary, admittedly, but oh my god it is amazing! I only got a sample and have only used it once, last night, but woke up this morning with perfect skin! Will use again , maybe it was a fluke, but I think I am seriously being converted to lush products. I took my make up off with Babyface, took the filmy layer of Babyface of with Dark Angels and followed with the tea tree toner and he vanishing cream. Seriously, I have never looked that good in the morning, I was late for work I was so mesmerized by my own skin! EDIT: This is good, but too abrasive for everyday use. It sorts out problem skin, but once my skin settled down it was too much. I would still buy again if I was having issues with break outs and blocked pores, but can't use this daily, so took off two lippies, as it's expensive to buy as an occasional treatment.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

Lovely! I use this twice a week and everytime i rinse it off, my face feels brand new!
It is quite scrubby due to the pieces of charcoal in it, but if you leave it on for a few minutes, it can also double as an absorbant face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bordernuggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Oily in the T zone. Breakouts in the T zone. Redness inthe T Zone. Love the way it exfoliates. My skin looks so good after using this...sister thought ive been wearing foundation...and no i have not..i just have a nice glow after i use this. I use it everyother day becuase my skins needs the exfoliation and i like something that is not too gentle but not something that will rip my skin off. Love the way this feels after. Alot goes along way. After using it i use Lush Fresh Farmacy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This one didn't work for me. I can see why it would work for other people though. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out with the slightest thing. Dark Angels clogged my pores almost immediately, but made the rest of my skin look flawless and beautiful. Made my skin kinda oily as well. This will probably work for a lot of people, just not me :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Very messy and inconvenient product. Also leaves dark residue in pores, so you have to wash it off extra hard. overall did not exfoliate better than many other scrubs on the market. Smells good though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

After reading the reviews here on MUA about this, I decided to pick myself up a sample of this stuff. I tried it last night and WOW... my skin feels soooooo soft after!!!! amazingly soft!! It also brightened up my face as well!! I've only used this once, so i'll see if i break out with continued use but right now, i would definitely pick some up! I find the smell ok, it is a bit difficult to work with... it falls all over the sink. I have tried to mix a couple drops of water in with it to form a paste. That works better :) I love lush products! i have "angels on bare skin" already...and im sure i'll be getting dark angels soon!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Jenontheshore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I had reviewed Dark Angels after the very first time I tried it, I would probably have given it just 3 stars, or maybe even less. I think I was using too much of it and not mixing with enough water so it felt goopy and ineffective. Plus I really do not like the packaging--it's basically solid chunks of the product stored in a clear plastic container. I had no idea what to even do with it when my order first arrived! But having used it several more times over the last few weeks, I've grown to really like Dark Angels. I have a lot of blackheads that leave my skin bumpy and totally gross. And I wanted a really serious scrub that could finally banish them. Plus my skin is just overall dull and needs brightening. Dark Angels has really done a good job on both fronts and I will probably repurchase it. I see a noticeable difference in the overall texture and smoothness of my skin. I use a tiny dollop, like the size of pinky nail, that I mix with a few drops of water and apply to my dry face and scrub pretty vigorously (my skin is not sensitive) and then rinse off really well. And voila! Smooth skin. The reason I won't give the product 5 stars is that I don't see why it can't come already "mixed" with water, in a neat little pot so that I could just dip my finger inside and apply the product to my face, like every other scrub. It would be less cumbersome that way and I would probably use it more. So, while I will buy it again because it works so well, I will be on the lookout for a scrub that works just as well, but comes in better packaging.

Edit:
Having used this product for several more days, I am downgrading it to three lippies. I just don't think the results are worth the efforts and the mess. I just started using a scrub today by Philosophy that is so much easier to use and delivers better/equal results. So, I will finish my tub of Dark Angels but will not repurchase and do not recommend. There are too many better scrubs and cleansers.