L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 12/29/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is not bad, I used the regular voluminous years ago and really liked it. This did not provide the kind of volume compared to Maybelline's Colossal that I just finished using and it's a little difficult to remove as I have the waterproof version. It's buildable and is a nice inky black. I haven't had any smudging and it is very waterproof as I found out when I went tobogganing with my son and had a face full of snow and my lashed looked fine afterwards.

on 12/25/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Not a bad mascara, but it's nothing amazing and it does have its faults.
It does a nice job of making my lashes look fuller, and since my tube is pretty new, I haven't noticed any clumping.

Unfortunately, even though it's waterproof, I notice that it smudges just under my eye. I don't have giant raccoon eyes at the end of the day, but after 15 hours, there's a little bit of a grey/charcoal smudge underneath my eyes.

I wouldn't buy it again...even though it only put me out $4.73...

on 12/23/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been a loyal fan of Original and Waterproof Voluminous for 15 years, but Carbon Black is a nightmare. It starts rubbing off of my lashes within minutes, and it's very difficult to get off of my skin once it's there. I just bought this tube and I don't think I can stand to finish it. If this is 'waterproof,' I'd hate to try the regular.

on 12/21/2009 4:50:00 PM

Love what it does for my lashes..but...hate what it does under my eyes. Hello raccoon eyes..it's not pretty. I thought the waterproof would at least last longer than 2 hours..but no. Will never buy this again..sorry I paid almost $7 for it.

on 12/12/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara smudged like crazy it said waterproof on it what's wrong with that?
Anyways not going to repurchase this.

on 12/10/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked the volume and lenght this mascara gave to my lashes. I was very pleased with it, even though I bought it by accident. I didn't notice that I'd grabbed a waterproof mascara instead of the original version. Unfortunately, I've always been against this type of products since they are hard to remove and my cleanse routine already takes a while, so I had to take it back and get the original formula. I will truly miss it though.

on 12/1/2009 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Wow, i'm really shocked by the poor ratings! This is one of my favourite mascaras, and great value for the money. I've tried so many mascaras and always go back to this one. It depends on what you look for in a mascara but i love very dark, thickening and lenghtening mascaras and this does the job for me with the most intense black which realy makes my dark brown eyes pop and doesn't weigh lashes down!

on 11/30/2009 12:03:00 AM

horrible smudging. not waterproof at all.
waste of money

on 11/29/2009 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the usual Voluminous, always bought the waterproof, never had problems....this one shade Carbon Black really blows...it is NOT waterproof...2 hours after putting it on i had black stains under my eyes, i threw it away...

on 11/29/2009 4:08:00 AM

The mascara makes my lashes look great, but I was horrified to find that I had dark, black rings under my eyes later that day from the mascara smudging!! I bought the waterproof over the regular kind b/c I thought it would prevent the smudging problem that I have so often with most mascaras. So bad! I should have known better to buy a new mascara on a whim without consult MUA first!