October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love what it does for my lashes..but...hate what it does under my eyes. Hello raccoon eyes..it's not pretty. I thought the waterproof would at least last longer than 2 hours..but no. Will never buy this again..sorry I paid almost $7 for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by xsweet

This mascara smudged like crazy it said waterproof on it what's wrong with that?
Anyways not going to repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked the volume and lenght this mascara gave to my lashes. I was very pleased with it, even though I bought it by accident. I didn't notice that I'd grabbed a waterproof mascara instead of the original version. Unfortunately, I've always been against this type of products since they are hard to remove and my cleanse routine already takes a while, so I had to take it back and get the original formula. I will truly miss it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by laila7

Wow, i'm really shocked by the poor ratings! This is one of my favourite mascaras, and great value for the money. I've tried so many mascaras and always go back to this one. It depends on what you look for in a mascara but i love very dark, thickening and lenghtening mascaras and this does the job for me with the most intense black which realy makes my dark brown eyes pop and doesn't weigh lashes down!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by blueterfly88

horrible smudging. not waterproof at all.
waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the usual Voluminous, always bought the waterproof, never had problems....this one shade Carbon Black really blows...it is NOT waterproof...2 hours after putting it on i had black stains under my eyes, i threw it away...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by chuugle

The mascara makes my lashes look great, but I was horrified to find that I had dark, black rings under my eyes later that day from the mascara smudging!! I bought the waterproof over the regular kind b/c I thought it would prevent the smudging problem that I have so often with most mascaras. So bad! I should have known better to buy a new mascara on a whim without consult MUA first!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's really interesting because I had the opposite experience of most of the reviewers. the non-waterproof (original) RUNS like crazy on me...within 20 minutes I have a racoon eye and it's just the runniest mascara ever - the waterproof one can at least stay on for 2 hours in HOT L.A. weather for my oily lids. Which is fairly good for me! On colder days it can last longer .. .. but anyways, I don't like the brush very much, so I just take it out and use a fan brush and apply it. It looks great, very dark, voluminous, holds the curl.

for drugstore mascaras I've tried, this is one I'd consider rebuying! I wish they had an option of "would you buy this product again?" Yes/No/Maybe!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by frozen_rain

Definitely, Definitely stay away from Carbon Black Waterproof! The ORIGINAL L'Oreal Voluminous is a God-send and my absolute favourite mascara. The other day, on a whim, however, I decided to try to the waterproof Carbon Black. I thought, "How bad can it be?" Oh boy. Talk about smudginess. This stuff runs like crazy. It is black alright, but left me with marks everywhere. The first day I wore it, I was glad I wore it around the house because I literally had to check in the mirror every hour to so to check on the state of my eyes.
Yuck. I will stick to the original.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This mascara is very aptly named. Carbon black is right... because this mascara will leave carbon black RINGS under your eyes! I bought this on a whim while at Ulta because they didn't have my usual mascara in stock (MF 2000 calorie WP), and I needed a atleast $10 worth of stuff to get the $3.50 coupon to apply, you know how it goes... so I grabbed this for $6.99. When I first applied it it seemed okay, but within 10 minutes of application it began to smudge underneath my eyes (I didn't apply this to my lower lashes). Lashes held a curl alright but seemed kinda skimpy, even with Shiseido mascara base underneath. Also I think something in the formula made my eyes itch a bit. I thought I was in the clear because by the afternoon, I did not have much smudging. However, I went shopping for several hours in the evening and when I came home I had black RINGS under my eyes! It looked like I had lined my eyes with eyeliner a few centimeters away from my natural lower lash line, but I know it was this mascara because I have never gotten panda eyes this badly with my normal eye makeup routine. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and will never buy this mascara again (or buy random mascaras without first researching them on MUA)! Lesson learned :P