April 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by bitsits

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I. Love. Juicy Tubes! I am a gloss junkie, but these are my favorite. Juicy Tubes are like the Skittles of the makeup world - nothing really redeeming or substantial, but they're brightly colored, sweet, and cheer you up when you open your bag and remember they're in there.

I've owned Raspberry Ice, Icy Pop, Miracle, Berry Bold, Spring Fling, Showered in Diamonds, and Pretty in Pink. They look pretty all lined up in my makeup case, and I always have one with me. I love the colors, I love the scents, and I love driving in the summer with the windows down and my hair getting stuck in the super-sticky texture. For real. I think it's nostalgia. They last forever, but that doesn't make it any easier to look your mom in the eye and tell her you just bought an $18 tube of lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I own quite a few Juicy Tubes minis (1 Jelly, and a handful of Smoothies).
PROS: Nice range of colors. I like the consistency and wear of the product (yes, they are a bit sticky, but I like sticky glosses because they last longer on my lips). I like the sqeeze tube applicator. I like that they slightly plump and moisturize my lips!
CONS: Fairly sheer (both the Jelly and Smoothie varieties--Smoothies claim to offer a "medium wash of color" but it's pretty light unless you slather on a lot of gloss.) They are all scented. All of the ones I try smell really strong, and most of them are sugary candy sweet (I'd prefer something a bit more subtle). Sometimes Lancome makes ones that are a total dud, so try before you buy (UGH, I still feel sick when I think about Joyeaux, a pine scented and flavored Juicy Tube! It was like eating tree sap!!!) A bit expensive ($18 for a fairly sheer, strongly scented gloss? It seems like I could get something like that from the drugstore for less).

I really do like the Lancome Juicy Tubes, but would probably only purchase them as part of a GWP, or in a mini set from the Lancome Outlet.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Kerousel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not crazy about my Juicy Tubes lipgloss. I can't remember what the colour is, and although I love how it looks (especially over my Bobbie Brown "Brownie Pink" lipstick), it's just too sticky! And I'm not a fan of all the sparkle, either. I don't get that gross white ring around the inside of my lips that you get with cheaper lipgloss, which is good, but once the gloss wears off (which it does after about an hour or so), it leaves behind too many sparkles, and it's just not a good look. I definitely won't repurchase this, although I will definitely consider other Lancome lip glosses.

My main complaint, really, is the stickiness. Once your hair touches your lips, there is gonna be sticky clumpy lip gloss in there ALL DAY. It lasts longer in my hair than on my lips. Blech.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

Its just lip gloss. It is relatively sticky, but its the same texture as MAC lipglass. I prefer Juicy Tubes because the one I recently bought smells like raspberry cheesecake. No joke. I wish I knew what the name of the color was!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Mooshminky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT 10/2011 - Added 2 lippies: I'm now using them as a lip primer under lipsticks with too much "slip" (ex. YSL Rouge Volupte, NYX Round Lipsticks, etc). Absolutely excellent in keeping those lipstcks stick and not streak. It keeps lips moisturized and smooths out dry patches so the lipsticks would not stick to dead skin. And since they are tacky, the longevity of the lipsticks last much longer. So much better than lip balms (since lip balms reduces the longevity of the lipsticks). Love them as a lip primer, but still hate them on their own (lol).

OLD REVIEW: Ok, I really tried loving them. I bought a couple of them in different sizes, colors, and in limited editions. But I think it falls short of being a good lip gloss. It's thick and sticky, the color pay-off sucks (only leaves a ton of glitter), and the flavor and lasting ability are so-so.
Clarins Colour Quench lip glosses are a million times better than these honestly. Clarins' not that sticky and very creamy, the color selection and the payoff are simply amazing.. and super long lasting! I suggest that you don't waste your money on this hype-of-a-gloss and invest on Colour Quench or MAC Lipglass instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color is Pink Horizon. Way over yonder, that's where I'm bound. The pink is a dusty rose, wait, mix in a little cherry with a goldish overglow. Anyway, I'm a redhead, wait, strawberry blonde, and I can wear it. Usually my lips look chapped, but they don't with this stuff on. It tastes good, but it's not too goopy. It stays on for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks really nice on, but is a little sticky. I wear it a lot when I'm at uni cos i usually have my hair back and my bf is not there for me to kiss, so stickiness is not an issue. Smells nice, but the scent not overpowering, which is good. Like most products with a lot of hype, I think this has had a lot of unfairly harsh reviews because of very high expectations. I tried to judge it like any other gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by monibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own 2 juicy tubes, both were gifts and I dislike both. They're just not for me, too gooey and sticky. Its so thick so you really have to spread it aswell. Smells quite yummy...But once you put this on and go out in the wind all your hair gets stuck on your lips...arghhh

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by mrsmasson

Although I have a ton of Lancome Juicy Tubes, I don't think that they're the greatest. For a lip gloss I'm looking for a few things: texture, flavour, lasting effect, colour and ease of application. With juicy tubes, they don't stay on long enough, they look great during application but they tend to get that gummy feeling quickly. They come in a wonderful variety of shades but they all have that waxy taste to them. Still looking for the perfect gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by somethingslost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first lip gloss I've tried that is shiny, not too sticky for my preference, lasts a bit longer and doesn't dry my lips out. I don't find the smell offensive and fine them tasteless. For reference I can't wear MAC, Stila or BE buxoms or orginal gloss (the new one is fab though!) without having to wear a chapstick underneath. I like Philosophy but that line doesn't have great colors.