August 1, 2014 | 1237 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by vallygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

They smell really good, I'd probably never buy an original size because I think it's too much just for a lip gloss plus my two samples have lasted me forever. I love the consistency of the gloss, it's not too sticky but not too watery and it makes my lips feel sooooo soft, and did I mention how delicious they smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Juicy Tubes are my absolute favourite lip glosses, and worth every cent! They're super moisturising and shiny, they have a great texture, they smell and taste delicious and I love all the colours! Not to mention they make my lips look nice and plump. ^_^

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely used to love these when I was a young teenager, mainly because each one smell really good and truly unique without having any overbearing or gross smells.

But now that I have gotten older I find these to be just too shiny as well as too sparkly. Plus the price does not factor in nicely $18 for a tube of lipgloss is a little much when you think about it. It does last a long time, but it is extremely sheer and does not really work well with lipstick at all.

The worst thing about this lipgloss though is just the fact that it is so damn sticky. I remember the only time I could ever wear this lipgloss was when I have all of my hair up, because otherwise it would most definitely stick to my lips. I don't know about you but I think that is just dang gross. Also they are not moisturizing in any way at all, it just felt like putting sticky goo on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by bitsits

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I. Love. Juicy Tubes! I am a gloss junkie, but these are my favorite. Juicy Tubes are like the Skittles of the makeup world - nothing really redeeming or substantial, but they're brightly colored, sweet, and cheer you up when you open your bag and remember they're in there.

I've owned Raspberry Ice, Icy Pop, Miracle, Berry Bold, Spring Fling, Showered in Diamonds, and Pretty in Pink. They look pretty all lined up in my makeup case, and I always have one with me. I love the colors, I love the scents, and I love driving in the summer with the windows down and my hair getting stuck in the super-sticky texture. For real. I think it's nostalgia. They last forever, but that doesn't make it any easier to look your mom in the eye and tell her you just bought an $18 tube of lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I own quite a few Juicy Tubes minis (1 Jelly, and a handful of Smoothies).
PROS: Nice range of colors. I like the consistency and wear of the product (yes, they are a bit sticky, but I like sticky glosses because they last longer on my lips). I like the sqeeze tube applicator. I like that they slightly plump and moisturize my lips!
CONS: Fairly sheer (both the Jelly and Smoothie varieties--Smoothies claim to offer a "medium wash of color" but it's pretty light unless you slather on a lot of gloss.) They are all scented. All of the ones I try smell really strong, and most of them are sugary candy sweet (I'd prefer something a bit more subtle). Sometimes Lancome makes ones that are a total dud, so try before you buy (UGH, I still feel sick when I think about Joyeaux, a pine scented and flavored Juicy Tube! It was like eating tree sap!!!) A bit expensive ($18 for a fairly sheer, strongly scented gloss? It seems like I could get something like that from the drugstore for less).

I really do like the Lancome Juicy Tubes, but would probably only purchase them as part of a GWP, or in a mini set from the Lancome Outlet.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Kerousel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not crazy about my Juicy Tubes lipgloss. I can't remember what the colour is, and although I love how it looks (especially over my Bobbie Brown "Brownie Pink" lipstick), it's just too sticky! And I'm not a fan of all the sparkle, either. I don't get that gross white ring around the inside of my lips that you get with cheaper lipgloss, which is good, but once the gloss wears off (which it does after about an hour or so), it leaves behind too many sparkles, and it's just not a good look. I definitely won't repurchase this, although I will definitely consider other Lancome lip glosses.

My main complaint, really, is the stickiness. Once your hair touches your lips, there is gonna be sticky clumpy lip gloss in there ALL DAY. It lasts longer in my hair than on my lips. Blech.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

Its just lip gloss. It is relatively sticky, but its the same texture as MAC lipglass. I prefer Juicy Tubes because the one I recently bought smells like raspberry cheesecake. No joke. I wish I knew what the name of the color was!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Mooshminky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT 10/2011 - Added 2 lippies: I'm now using them as a lip primer under lipsticks with too much "slip" (ex. YSL Rouge Volupte, NYX Round Lipsticks, etc). Absolutely excellent in keeping those lipstcks stick and not streak. It keeps lips moisturized and smooths out dry patches so the lipsticks would not stick to dead skin. And since they are tacky, the longevity of the lipsticks last much longer. So much better than lip balms (since lip balms reduces the longevity of the lipsticks). Love them as a lip primer, but still hate them on their own (lol).

OLD REVIEW: Ok, I really tried loving them. I bought a couple of them in different sizes, colors, and in limited editions. But I think it falls short of being a good lip gloss. It's thick and sticky, the color pay-off sucks (only leaves a ton of glitter), and the flavor and lasting ability are so-so.
Clarins Colour Quench lip glosses are a million times better than these honestly. Clarins' not that sticky and very creamy, the color selection and the payoff are simply amazing.. and super long lasting! I suggest that you don't waste your money on this hype-of-a-gloss and invest on Colour Quench or MAC Lipglass instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color is Pink Horizon. Way over yonder, that's where I'm bound. The pink is a dusty rose, wait, mix in a little cherry with a goldish overglow. Anyway, I'm a redhead, wait, strawberry blonde, and I can wear it. Usually my lips look chapped, but they don't with this stuff on. It tastes good, but it's not too goopy. It stays on for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks really nice on, but is a little sticky. I wear it a lot when I'm at uni cos i usually have my hair back and my bf is not there for me to kiss, so stickiness is not an issue. Smells nice, but the scent not overpowering, which is good. Like most products with a lot of hype, I think this has had a lot of unfairly harsh reviews because of very high expectations. I tried to judge it like any other gloss.