E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 9/29/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

One of the best things I have ever bought. I have dark dark brown hair and I got "medium."

Pros:
+Extremely cheap ($3 at Target)
+Will last a very long time (I doubt I'll need to buy another for a year)
+Gives perfect natural brows. The wax is cremey and long-lasting. The powder does not appear dark enough in the pan but it shows up great on my olive-tan skin.
+Lasts throughout the whole day
+Dual-ended brush works well, but not amazing

Cons:
-The angled brush works fine, but the other brush is a little too big. But for the price who's complaining.

BUY IT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The brush it comes with isn't very effective as the bristles are turned every which way. The wax is sheer so I don't always get a defined line. It does make my brows larger and looks natural when blended in. I will keep looking for a better gel. M.A.C. will be my next purchase.

on 9/24/2013 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very good product for such a cheap price! I had mine for about a year and I still have plenty left. I am NC 30-35 and I use the shade medium. This comes with the powder and a tinted wax to help set the brows in place. The applicator is handy for applying too.

Convenient for travelling overseas because it is a small compact and you pretty much need to bring this only to do your brows (rather than bringing eye brow powder, eye brow gel and mirror). A mirror comes with it and I feel that this is a perfect kit for brows on the go.

Definitely recommend to anyone. No regrets and the price for this is ridiculously cheap! Go get it if you do not own this!

on 9/22/2013 9:33:00 PM

This is an extremely great, inexpensive product that is very comparable to more expensive department store brands. I tried the medium color and it worked great. Reapplication is needed after about 8 hours, which I consider to be typical. The brushes are not great, so I do use different brushes to apply this product.

on 9/22/2013 5:22:00 AM

I love this product. My eyebrows have become thin and sparse over the years and I like a strong eyebrow! This product does a great job of filling my brows in while still looking natural. I love the gel formulation to give definition while the powder gives my brows the illusion of fullness. The packaging is very good for the price. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/14/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually a great product! It lasts for quite a long time on my brows so I don't need to retouch them and I do sweat quite a lot and have oily skin, as well so lasting power is a MUST for me. The colors only come in 2 shades though and the shades aren't really as buildable as others since they come on a bit too strong. The ONLY problem I had with this product is that the Gel brow shade kid of dries quicker and I was not expecting that and that the angled part of the brush that came with it doesn't hold its hairs strong since it falls apart after some time. I would repurchase this but I would advice others who will buy this to have another piece of good eyebrow brush to fo along with this since the brush here isn't very much effective.

on 9/11/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

WHERE has this been all my life?! Randomly picked up this gem when I had nothing better to do than go peruse the beauty section at Target and I'm oh so glad I found this! Bought the product in "Medium"; I have light-medium blond brows and have always been terrified of brow products making my brows look too dark. Since I have pretty light eyebrows I can get by with using the brush provided in the case. I only use the gel because I feel it does the job without needing the powder on top, just personal preference. A little product goes a long way so don't load up the brush with product for a natural look. Truly an amazing product and for $3 why the heck not?! thanks ELF!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm a person that doesn't walk out of the house w/o my brows on. I have a lot of flaws concerning my natural brows. 1. Hereditary speaking, all family members including men in my family have weak thin brows. 2. The 90's brow trend need I say more? 3. My brows don't grow full. I get maybe 4 stray hairs around the brow per month. They never grow in the brow! I noticed that this brow kit gets a ton of love and surprisingly I never tried this one yet. I got this at Target and they only had the "Medium" shade. The wax is a perfect shade of dark brown. The powder is a light brown and reminds me of MAC Cork eyeshadow. I almost didn't purchase it because I didn't think the powder would show up. Well, I was right with the powder shade. It really doesn't show up unless I apply multiple layers of the gel w/ the powder. But, I feel I can make this kit work fabulous with the right brush! I'm hoping by buying a different brush, I can up the rating to at least a four. This kit fails me now due to the useless brush duo they included in the kit. For one, the gel brush end (angeled brush) is too soft to apply any pigment from the gel. The brush just smears the gel back and forth and not allowing it to really fill in the gaps. The powder brush end (small eyeshadow blending brush) is too soft and too big for me. In fact the powder brush is double the size of my actual brow and makes for a sloppy application. By also being too soft, it does not pick up any pigment to the brow powder. I'm not tossing this yet. I'm giving it one more shot with a different brush. Hope things work out better.
Update: I replaced the kits brush and is now using a SK brow brush and now I like this kit even more.

on 9/7/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I kept seeing this used in a lot of Youtube tutorials so I decided to give it a try. This is the first eyebrow gel I ever tried, before this I used pencils and powders. I like the gel better than a pencil because I don't have to worry about it looking too harsh and it lasts longer than a powder by itself. It has a durable case that comes with: a gel, a powder, a mirror, and a two-sided brush. I think the formula in the gel is pretty goof proof, it's pigmented enough to show up on the brows but not so dark that it gives you Groucho Marx eyebrows. For $3 this is a pretty good product.

Pros:
-Extremely affordable.
-For $3 you get a gel, powder, mirror, and a two-sided brush.
-Decent wear time (keep in mind I have dry skin, so I'm not sure how it would work for oily skin girls).

Cons:
-The powder isn't very pigmented.

Tip:
-I like to mix the gel and the powder together, I think I get the best results that way.

I've never used an eyebrow gel before, I typically stick to a pencil, but I love this product! I have medium brown hair with natural blond highlights, and I got this kit in medium. I feel that if I get the right proportion of the gel and powder, I can get a pretty close color. The only problem is, it's easy to go overboard, a little goes a long way if you are just filling in sparse spots. Because of this, it took two tries because the first time I looked like I literally colored over my eyebrows with a brown sharpie! I got the hang of it the second time around. If you remember that less is more, I would definitely recommend this to a friend

Popular Brows Products