Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 1/18/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

No joke: Revlon Matte lipstick in Really Red is really red. It's not too orange, not too pink, not too blue-ish... it's red. The velvety, matte texture lends it a very Old Hollywood screen siren glamour. I love the reds in the matte line because they don't slide around on your lips and get super smeary. They're also super flattering and Really Red seems like it would be wearable on a wide variety of skintones. You just need the confidence to be able to pull it off! So go for it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a bit torn here. I love the finish and the 'matteness' of the lipstick and the colour is nice, but when I see myself wearing it I feel a bit ho-hum. It doesn't look bad but I have colours that look better so I kinda ask myself why I want to look mediocre when I could look amazing. It's very neutral slash a little yellow based on me and I am so pink based that it kinda looks dowdy as opposed to sexy. If Revlon could produce a pink based red I would be all over it like a rash.

on 1/12/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Beautiful true bright red with a vintage-look matte finish. I used to wear Mac's Ruby Woo, but I prefer this now because it stays put longer, has no pink undertones, and is infinitely less drying for my lips.

I think Revlon lipsticks are brilliant value - better quality than more expensive brands.

on 12/17/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like to have a perfect pin-up pout. So naturally when I ran out of my MAC Ruby Woo and had no money for a new tube, I searched desperately for a dupe. This shade is perfect! Many people (even people at the MAC counter!) were still convinced I was wearing Ruby Woo! Not only was it perfect, but at a very reasonable price(BOGO at CVS!).
I got this and the matching lipliner for around $7!

Wonderful! (:

on 12/14/2009 12:48:00 PM

This is THE BEST RED ive tried ... for the price you pay .. its worth every penny!

on 12/9/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is the perfect glamorous red lipstick! I needed a red lippy for my flapper Halloween costume, so I decided I wanted to go for a bold, true red, and that I wanted it matte to fit the 20s era. And this was perfect! It lasted alllll night (helped by the fact that I wore Revlon Colorstay lipliner in Red underneath) and was just such a gorgeous true red shade. It's a blue red and goes really well with my cool, pale skintone, but it might not go as well if you're very warm. Also, I was worried that it will dry out my lips since it's matte, but I didn't have that problem at all! It has almost a suede-like finish and definitely doesn't not chap your lips. Highly recommended!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only matte true red lipstick I wear. My other red lippies are creams so this provides a nice variety. Echoing the other reviewers that this is a Mad men, pin-up true red. Flatters my PPP skin and auburn hair. This is not for someone who is looking for a subtle red but at the same time's it's not a weird neon red *cough cough British Red and Are You Red-dy?*

Lasts all day (survived my lunch), you can get away with not using a lip liner and wears off evenly with no weird cracking. Just apply a balm beforehand and you're good to go. I wore this to work last week and got tons of compliments. HG matte red for sure! I'll have to check out the other d/s in my area and stock up.

on 12/4/2009 1:59:00 PM

My first red lipstick, then the second one was Chanel Dragon, let me tell you. I really like this color so much better then the Chanel Dragon. Its much brighter on my skin (NC40) then the Dragon (deeper red). I think If you want to wear red lipstick, you will need to go all out. The only thing I don't like is the packaging (cheap looking), but the product is awesome for its price.

on 10/13/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So i got this lipstick about.... i'd say 3 weeks ago. Have to say great product. Though I can't compare it to MAC (just because I have yet to get a matte finish by them), but they are comparable in the area of colour payoff. For the longest time, I didn't really want to shell out the $10 for it just in case I never used it (I don't usually favor drugstore lipsticks), but I was lucky enough to find them for $4 so I bought 3 different colours. This is a dark red with a blue undertone to it. Goes on very smooth, matte, but not drying, and holds on for a while. So it doesn't just dissappear on you like other lipsticks have. If I did purchase it for the $10, would have been well worth it. Repurchase for me =)

on 9/25/2009 2:25:00 PM

UPDATE: I do prefer MAC Viva Glam I on me more than this...it is a bit darker, less bright. But this is a very pretty bright red. (NW20)

ORIGINAL POST: Really Red is the first true red I have put on where my lips weren't walking in to the room before the rest of my face. I put this on and it went on just as easy as MAC's Sophisto or VGV did fo rme. But this is a RED! It is the most wearable red I have ever tried (and again...a real red, not a burgandy, a berry, a cherry...it's just red). And while this is a matte, it is not painfully matte. I recently gave nice reviews to Maybelline's Color Senstational reds...but compared to Revlon's Really Red...Maybelline's felt like I was wearing my mother's make-up. Really Red went on as easy as my favorite MAC lippies. I am so impressed. FYI - I am NW20 with dark brown, almost black hair and brown eyes. I can not recommend trying this enough (and it's cheap!).

Popular Lipsticks