August 2, 2014 | 1516 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by waterbb

My first red lipstick, then the second one was Chanel Dragon, let me tell you. I really like this color so much better then the Chanel Dragon. Its much brighter on my skin (NC40) then the Dragon (deeper red). I think If you want to wear red lipstick, you will need to go all out. The only thing I don't like is the packaging (cheap looking), but the product is awesome for its price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i got this lipstick about.... i'd say 3 weeks ago. Have to say great product. Though I can't compare it to MAC (just because I have yet to get a matte finish by them), but they are comparable in the area of colour payoff. For the longest time, I didn't really want to shell out the $10 for it just in case I never used it (I don't usually favor drugstore lipsticks), but I was lucky enough to find them for $4 so I bought 3 different colours. This is a dark red with a blue undertone to it. Goes on very smooth, matte, but not drying, and holds on for a while. So it doesn't just dissappear on you like other lipsticks have. If I did purchase it for the $10, would have been well worth it. Repurchase for me =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I do prefer MAC Viva Glam I on me more than this...it is a bit darker, less bright. But this is a very pretty bright red. (NW20)

ORIGINAL POST: Really Red is the first true red I have put on where my lips weren't walking in to the room before the rest of my face. I put this on and it went on just as easy as MAC's Sophisto or VGV did fo rme. But this is a RED! It is the most wearable red I have ever tried (and again...a real red, not a burgandy, a berry, a cherry...it's just red). And while this is a matte, it is not painfully matte. I recently gave nice reviews to Maybelline's Color Senstational reds...but compared to Revlon's Really Red...Maybelline's felt like I was wearing my mother's make-up. Really Red went on as easy as my favorite MAC lippies. I am so impressed. FYI - I am NW20 with dark brown, almost black hair and brown eyes. I can not recommend trying this enough (and it's cheap!).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by leiakrystine

I had someplace special to go to today and forgot to bring a lipstick for the event. I rushed over to Walmart to go lipstick shopping and came in contact with Really Red. I had originally intended to go to Mac and purchase Chili, but to my surprise this color did it for me. Really Red is Ruby Woo and Russian Red mixed together. It is a very vibrant red. Very pin-up and sexy...so if you want to make a statement *wink *wink!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by nic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

love love love. Initially bought In the Red thinking it would suit me better... but found it too brown especially as the day wore on. I'd shied away from Really Red because the colour looked too bright and too orange-based. But, it is absolutely gorgeous on. A true old-fashioned, pin-up girl red. Looks completely matte but doesn't feel dry at all. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by shaybo8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff as a brilliant red lip, AND a cheek color! No no, I'm not crazy. Even on my pale Irish skin it gives me a beautiful flush. I put a dab or two on the apples of my cheeks, rub my fingers together, then blend blend blend! At first, it looks REALLY red and horrible, but that's from the heat from your hands. Wait a few seconds and you'll get a beautiful rose color. Ahh I love this stuff! So many uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shirlyxgurl

One of the best drugstore red lipsticks I've tried. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips and my lips get dry and flaky easily. It gives a nice full coverage in just a few strokes and I really love the creamy texture. Now I want to try In the Red matte lipstick next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took off one lippie because Revlon's other matte red, In The Red, suits me a little better. This is a beautiful red that I think just about anyone can wear. I don't normally wear dark or bright lippies, but this one, along with In The Red, works well. This is a little brighter than In The Red. Overall, this is a really great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love -- lovelovelove -- a good red lip for all occasions. My personal (now rationed) HG is UD Jezebel, but MAC Red is a very, very close second for a truly rip your face off lip. After stumbling upon the great reviews for Really Red, I marched right out to try it and I'm soooooo happy -- I now have my holy trinity of red lipstick! This, blotted down, is such a nice, true-but-wearable red. Blot less, and it will almost tear your face off (in a good way, of course). I find it fairly neutral, and definitely less blue/bright than MAC Red, but not as intensely deep as Jezebel. It's perfect. And the formula! I like MAC's matte lipsticks and think they wear . . . fine. But they're still a bit drying. As someone below said, the Revlon formula just feels weightless. Not drying *at all*. It also wears very easily -- amazing sticking power, did not transfer to my glass, never gets cakey, doesn't creep. It just fades down to a really nice stain. It's also very easy-applying and doesn't require much fussing to get a good clean line, even without liner. Love this lipstick, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love red lips, and matte, OMG droll over them. I always thought MAC matte ones were too drying, but these Revlon one are to die for! SO smooth when applying, but not crazy shiny.Such a pretty perfect red this is, for me it is true red, maybe slightly blue-ish, but not intense. I'm so happy for BOGO!!! I think Revlon has the best in lipstick for drug store brand and you can see the lipstick in the tube even though it's sealed which is a plus. :)