April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so happy to FINALLY find this especially since it's free through Jan 31 at Walgreens. I was holding out for this color because I adore MAC Kinda Sexy and heard this was similar. It is very, very similar. Swiping them side by side the Mauve it Over is, well, more mauve. The Kinda Sexy has a bit more peach in it. Still, similar enough that if you love one you will love the other. I haven't tried Revlon lipsticks in years but this appears to be high quality, feels good on and wears well. It feels lighter and more moisturizing than the MAC Matte formulation but it also looks less matte which may or may not be a good thing. I may look at some of the other colors next time these are BOGOF. (Not that it's not worth full price but I never pay full price at the drugstore since things go on sale so often it's just a matter of holding out a coupld of weeks usually.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lawbag78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lippie that I would definitely buy again. Whoever said that this is identical to MAC Kinda Sexy is right-they are identical shades with identical finishes and staying power. I was amazed because Kinda Sexy is one of my HG lipcolors. I am very pleased that Revlon came out with a matte collection and I want to try more. This is definitely not a true mauve though- more of a nude with a hint of pink, so if you want a pink lipstick, this is probably not the best choice. However, this is a very pretty, wearable shade that looks good paired up with any eye and cheek look-it is a neutral, versaitle color. I think it looks good with either a smokey or a natural eye. Also, this shade does provide some color, at least on me. However, it is dead of winter and I am as pale as I ever am (NC 20), but this compliments my skin and blue eyes well.
I would definitely buy this again-it is half the price of MAC and you can always find BOGO deals at CVS and Walgreens, in addition to coupons, so it is a pretty good deal. I haven't seen the new matte collection at Target yet, but it should be even cheaper there. I was happy with it- if you like Kinda Sexy, this is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a peachy rose and not a true, thick, dry, 1920's type matte. However it is lovely,natural looking and long wearing. Nice lipstick for 7.99. You could do far worse. This looks great on fair skin blondes,its similar in colour to a few of the beigey roses in Guerlain's Kiss Kiss line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, but not mauve. It's a little warm, but not too much for my cool complexion; I think any colouring could wear it. It's a true nude in that it almost completely effaces my natural lipcolour. The texture is light as air and it looks better with a nude-ish lipgloss over it (I use Rimmel's East End Snob): very sexy and Bardot-ish. Fabulous with black eyeliner and loads of mascara!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

As the previous reviewer said, this ain't mauve--it's a light peach-brown, with maybe a bit of pink. On my pale lips, it's definitely a light peach-nude, which isn't so bad for warm skin, but since I have pale lips, I need more color. It's an odd color, but the worst part is that for my very dry lips, this is just too uncomfortable feeling, even with lip balm underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by saralaurie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If this is mauve, I'm from Mars. This is more of a peach or light terra cotta shade. I purchased this lipstick in Pink Pout, and like that color, but this one having mauve in the name is misleading. It is an alright shade if you have the coloring for it, but it barely shows up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous! These Revlon Matte lipsticks are terrific and this color is one of the best. I'm super-pale (think about NC10 if such a thing existed) and I usually like strong color on my lips to balance the paleness, but this with a nice coat of mascara makes my eyes pop and my face look great. I don't really consider it mauve' as another reviewer said below it's more like a soft rose shade. I receive a lot of compliments when I've worn this color. Also, I don't find the Revlon Mattes drying at all. I am used to matte lipsticks being dry, but these are definitely not drying the way MAC's are (and I love MAC's).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Ingredients
Isononyl Isononanoate , Trioctyldodecyl Citrate , Ozokerite , Silica , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Paraffin , Microcrystalline Wax , C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Synthetic Wax , Caprylyl Glycol , 1-2-Hexanediol , Mica - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Yellow 5 Lake - CI 19140 - May Contain , Red 7 Lake - CI 15850 - May Contain , Red 6 Lake - CI 15850 - May Contain , Iron Oxides - CI 77491 - 77492 - 77499 - May Contain , Red 27 Lake - CI 45410 - May Contain , Red 33 - CI 17200 - May Contain

Package Dimensions: W: 0.75'' x H: 2.7'' x D: 0.75''

I picked this up @ Walgreens for $8.99 as a December Rebate item.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As usual, matte lipsticks are dry. This is no exception. I put a bit of lip balm underneath the lipstick and it helped somewhat, but still 'looked' dry.
Since this was a freebie, I thought I would give it a go. The texture is exactly that of MAC's matte lipsticks--smooth and silky. No scent nor flavor. The good part is that the formula doesn't feather. The bad part is that the color looked 'deathly' on me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE 04/30/09:
I'm using this everyday now. I guess I'm used to the nude-lip look and like it very much, I do use it over my Burt's Bees classic lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Faithersk

Mauve it over is not a mauve color, in my opinion. It is much warmer than mauve....I'd say it is a muted, nude rose colored lippie (okay, which maybe a touch of mauve thrown in there). I love this lipstick b/c it is easy to wear. I don't need a liner, I can just apply and go and know that it looks great! I like that if I layer a gloss like b.e. dolly over it, it will definitely highlight it's mauve undertone, but it I layer something like rimmel snog, it looks rosey and glossy. I love it. The lipstick is very versatile. Unfortunately for me, I think this is the only color out of the new matte collection that will work for me. I might try one or two of the deeper colors, but I like this low-maintenance lipstick. Oh, and by the way- the girl at Walgreens said that revlon will keep this matte line permanent!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by luvmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! Luv this...it is so funny (like the other person already mentioned), but I was gonna say that this is the more subdued...long lost sister of MAC's Kinda Sexy! I already own that one and there's a pic posted.

This matte texture is new to Revlon and it doesn't have a scent. The texture of Mauve It Over is similar...but ladies use Aquaphor's ointment in the tube....it works like a charm!...I hope they keep this color ...its similar to what I wanted from MACs other colors Cherish and Velvet Teddy...and came close with Kinda Sexy...this color seals the deal though....I like that I don't need to tone this one down with lipliner so much like KS. BTW...I am NC30 to 35.

UPDATE: I still love this...I use Jordana's 99 cent lip liner pencil in natural.