September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by chrabi417

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. I like how it feels (yes it is a bit drying, but it is a matte lipstick) has decent staying power and I really like the color. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is b/c there is absolutely nothing mauve about this color. It's more of a nude color w/ hints of pink on me (I finally discovered the perfect nude color for my coloring!) I bought this color after carefully reading the reviews here--something I suggest you do before buying this color, just because as I said it's not at all what i expected...that being said, I would definitely buy this color again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been debating trying these since I am not a big fan of matte colors. But it is on sale (Bogo) and I wanted another matte blush so I thought I would try it. I am surprised at the color ..There is no mauve in it for me. It is more a pink/nude. But it is really pretty! It feels good going on, not drying and lasts pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Zandiland710

I like this shade of lipstick. Great consistency, beautiful color....looks gorgeous. It's a little dark so it works well with light eye makeup. I look one lippie off the overall rating because I wish it lasted longer. It barely lasts an hour. I took one lippie off the packaging quality because the lipstick broke off. I still use it, but it's inconvenient. The first time I've liked anything from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

The name "Mauve It Over" is definitely misleading - I passed on this the first time because I can't do mauve lipcolors. However, after checking reviews here, I was delighted to discover that it's more of a pinky-peach nude.

This is probably my favorite item from the Revlon Matte collection. MIO is very similar to my HG lipcolor, MAC Hug Me, and I can see myself wearing this every day. I first bought Nude Attitude but it gave me donut powder/concealer lips, and MIO is much better. I can layer nude glosses over it and adjust the "nudeness" of my lips. Texture is matte but moisturizing, and is unscented/tasteless. Love the sturdy brushed metal packaging as well. With a BOGOF promotion, these lipsticks are a steal!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by wasjame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really looking forward to this product, as matte lipsticks are not that easy to find - and shiny, glossy looks like you're trying too hard if you're "of a certain age." Unfortunately, I was completely disappointed in this lipstick. First of all, I do wish they had actually looked at the color before naming it, because this is NOT mauve by any definition of the word. This is peach-nude-beige with just a hint of blah. Looks like a little like one of those Night of the Living Dead pale nudes that were so popular in the '90's. Not pretty then, not pretty now. Especially on aging, thinning lips. So little color that I wouldn't be able to tell I have it on, except for the uncomfortable drying effect it has on my lips. Complete waste of money for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely beautiful color, very high quality, stays put for ages -even under balm!!!-. Can not say enough good things about it. Will purchase "in the red" next since many say it is a red for people who can not usually wewar reds. This color is a nice slightly peachish-brownish PINK. Light to medium in color. Very nice with a smudgy messy eyeliner look that i like so much. Sexy because it is somewhat sultry but not in your face "trying too hard" either. Perfecto!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hmmm....I have to say this is the most moisturizing matte formula I have ever used. And it glides on very smoothly. Makes me slightly miffed that I just spent $25/lip pencil for the NARS matte lip pencils. But not that miffed, because this color is really sort of blah. It makes my teeth look a bit more yellow and mauves are supposed to be purplish which is in the blue family and makes teeth look whiter. What were they thinking when they named this?? Pink-ish nude-ish is my take. Most likely not one that I will reach for often, except if I want to really do my eyes up.
Having said that, the formula really is great. I hope they manage to spruce up the color line a bit though...!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not mauve, as previous reviewers have noted. It turns almost a weird terracotta tone on me for some reason. Not pretty. And the dry texture makes my lips look dead. This is going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

Price- I think it's around $7 or $8 at Walgreens

Color- dusty rose peach, i see no mauve. :)

Texture- it's matte, but there's no skipping, goes on SO smoothly, coverage is very nice too. As a matte, I expected a little dryness. I put balm underneath, hasn't dried my lips out, and this lasts very well. I love the wear of this lipstick.

Overall, a great color to have in my stash, a nice neutral, but not the "pale concealer" nude type of look, just very natural. Great to just slap on and go, with no other makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice matte lipstick. It's certainly not a mauve, as already reported in other reviews. It is a pretty dusty pink color. Keep in mine that it is slightly too pale for me and I'm NC35 with olive undertones. I actually put a slightly darker lipliner underneath and the color was perfect. Most matte lipsticks I own are in the darker color range, and they tend to look cakey and darker in the creases as I reapply throughout the day. And, of course, the major problem with matte lipsticks is that they are drying. I did not find this lipstick very drying. It was slightly drying, which is expected, but there were times throughout the day where it didn't feel like I was wearing anything. It did not build up and get cakey when I reapplied. It lasted a long time and did not fade. I bought this in In The Red as well and I'll review that one when I wear it. These matte lipsticks are under $7 I think and Revlon is often Buy One Get One Free at drugstores, so that makes them a good price considering so many drugstore brands are hiking up prices. The color selection isn't great, so I hope they expand.