July 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hmmm....I have to say this is the most moisturizing matte formula I have ever used. And it glides on very smoothly. Makes me slightly miffed that I just spent $25/lip pencil for the NARS matte lip pencils. But not that miffed, because this color is really sort of blah. It makes my teeth look a bit more yellow and mauves are supposed to be purplish which is in the blue family and makes teeth look whiter. What were they thinking when they named this?? Pink-ish nude-ish is my take. Most likely not one that I will reach for often, except if I want to really do my eyes up.
Having said that, the formula really is great. I hope they manage to spruce up the color line a bit though...!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not mauve, as previous reviewers have noted. It turns almost a weird terracotta tone on me for some reason. Not pretty. And the dry texture makes my lips look dead. This is going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

Price- I think it's around $7 or $8 at Walgreens

Color- dusty rose peach, i see no mauve. :)

Texture- it's matte, but there's no skipping, goes on SO smoothly, coverage is very nice too. As a matte, I expected a little dryness. I put balm underneath, hasn't dried my lips out, and this lasts very well. I love the wear of this lipstick.

Overall, a great color to have in my stash, a nice neutral, but not the "pale concealer" nude type of look, just very natural. Great to just slap on and go, with no other makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice matte lipstick. It's certainly not a mauve, as already reported in other reviews. It is a pretty dusty pink color. Keep in mine that it is slightly too pale for me and I'm NC35 with olive undertones. I actually put a slightly darker lipliner underneath and the color was perfect. Most matte lipsticks I own are in the darker color range, and they tend to look cakey and darker in the creases as I reapply throughout the day. And, of course, the major problem with matte lipsticks is that they are drying. I did not find this lipstick very drying. It was slightly drying, which is expected, but there were times throughout the day where it didn't feel like I was wearing anything. It did not build up and get cakey when I reapplied. It lasted a long time and did not fade. I bought this in In The Red as well and I'll review that one when I wear it. These matte lipsticks are under $7 I think and Revlon is often Buy One Get One Free at drugstores, so that makes them a good price considering so many drugstore brands are hiking up prices. The color selection isn't great, so I hope they expand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so happy to FINALLY find this especially since it's free through Jan 31 at Walgreens. I was holding out for this color because I adore MAC Kinda Sexy and heard this was similar. It is very, very similar. Swiping them side by side the Mauve it Over is, well, more mauve. The Kinda Sexy has a bit more peach in it. Still, similar enough that if you love one you will love the other. I haven't tried Revlon lipsticks in years but this appears to be high quality, feels good on and wears well. It feels lighter and more moisturizing than the MAC Matte formulation but it also looks less matte which may or may not be a good thing. I may look at some of the other colors next time these are BOGOF. (Not that it's not worth full price but I never pay full price at the drugstore since things go on sale so often it's just a matter of holding out a coupld of weeks usually.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lawbag78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lippie that I would definitely buy again. Whoever said that this is identical to MAC Kinda Sexy is right-they are identical shades with identical finishes and staying power. I was amazed because Kinda Sexy is one of my HG lipcolors. I am very pleased that Revlon came out with a matte collection and I want to try more. This is definitely not a true mauve though- more of a nude with a hint of pink, so if you want a pink lipstick, this is probably not the best choice. However, this is a very pretty, wearable shade that looks good paired up with any eye and cheek look-it is a neutral, versaitle color. I think it looks good with either a smokey or a natural eye. Also, this shade does provide some color, at least on me. However, it is dead of winter and I am as pale as I ever am (NC 20), but this compliments my skin and blue eyes well.
I would definitely buy this again-it is half the price of MAC and you can always find BOGO deals at CVS and Walgreens, in addition to coupons, so it is a pretty good deal. I haven't seen the new matte collection at Target yet, but it should be even cheaper there. I was happy with it- if you like Kinda Sexy, this is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a peachy rose and not a true, thick, dry, 1920's type matte. However it is lovely,natural looking and long wearing. Nice lipstick for 7.99. You could do far worse. This looks great on fair skin blondes,its similar in colour to a few of the beigey roses in Guerlain's Kiss Kiss line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, but not mauve. It's a little warm, but not too much for my cool complexion; I think any colouring could wear it. It's a true nude in that it almost completely effaces my natural lipcolour. The texture is light as air and it looks better with a nude-ish lipgloss over it (I use Rimmel's East End Snob): very sexy and Bardot-ish. Fabulous with black eyeliner and loads of mascara!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

As the previous reviewer said, this ain't mauve--it's a light peach-brown, with maybe a bit of pink. On my pale lips, it's definitely a light peach-nude, which isn't so bad for warm skin, but since I have pale lips, I need more color. It's an odd color, but the worst part is that for my very dry lips, this is just too uncomfortable feeling, even with lip balm underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by saralaurie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If this is mauve, I'm from Mars. This is more of a peach or light terra cotta shade. I purchased this lipstick in Pink Pout, and like that color, but this one having mauve in the name is misleading. It is an alright shade if you have the coloring for it, but it barely shows up.