September 16, 2014 | 1883 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect baby pink. It's a very demure, ladylike shade. No shimmer or glitter in this one. As always, the drying time is great and it lasts quite a while sans chippage. I feel like some elegant French lady when I wear it. Seriously: this one (and most Essie colors) trumps my Chanel and OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dollface_vixen

Ever look at an ad, see the model's nails and wish you had pretty nails like her? Then you definitely should try this polish! It gives nails a sheer pink colour, similar to the colour of ballet point shoes. I bought this a while ago in a set but never really reached for it but lately, it's been what I've been reaching for everytime. It really makes fingers look soft and finished. I personally think it looks best on short to mid-length nails, very sophisticated. The nail colour itself is quite glossy so I suppose you could get away with no top coat...but the polish itself has a tendency to peel so I would recommend a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by AlanaBanana6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this nail color for my fingers. It's a pretty, sheer very light pinkish tone, and it's really easy to apply because if you get a little around your nailbed or mess up a tiny bit, you would never notice. I agree with the post below that it looks the best in the summertime with a tan, but I also like to wear it all year just because it's so fool-proof. It's nice for a professional look, polished but not overdone, and the best part is I can do it in 10 minutes before going out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mademoiselle matches the color of my nail bed exactly. Appreciated when my nails have grown a bit and I am too lazy to remove it. I can only pull this off in the summer with a slight tan, though, because my coloring is very warm and quite yellow. In the winter when my hands are pale, I'm just too sallow for this cooler pink shade. But like I said, very nice in the summer. Looks cute and professional at the same time on my short nails. DH likes it, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by jen55457

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! Mademoiselle is a universally flattering sheer (but not chalky or white) soft pink. It doesn't apply streaky and it lasts for awhile too--I've had the same bottle for almost a year and it hasn't dried up yet. I top this with Seche Vite for a serviceable home mani/pedi.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be a little bit darker than it really is,but I still like it.It's a very sheer light light pink.It reminds me of a "ballet pink" color.I usually paint about two coats when I want a very simple manicure,or when I dont have a color that matches my outfit.This would be really pretty over a french manicure.

I like that the brush is thin,so it goes on easier.I will buy more essie polish soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! It is my favorite for when I want a lighter mani/pedi. Applies pretty good, doesn't streak to bad, but I usually have to apply 2 sometimes 3 coats to look right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

This nail polish is great, the color is beautiful and simple. I can wear it for a full week. I like the shine and natural color. I prefer to wear neutral colors on my nails so this is great for me. I usually apply 2-3 coats. very nice color for natural polished nails. A must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

It`s simply the best natural looks nailpolish. Stays for a week. And look so natural. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I first received this as a mini as part of a set and I've since gone on to purchase the full size. It's a great sophisticated non-shimmery nude colour on me (for reference, I'm MAC NC30) that's neither too cool or too warm. The application is great - the typical runny sheer Essie consistency that's nearly impossible to mess up. I use 2 coats to get bottle colour. It wears a full work week with Orly Bonder basecoat, and Poshe topcoat. I wear this colour at least once a month, so it's a staple for me.