Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 9/13/2008 8:23:00 AM

Slightly better than wearing just clear polish. If I was a gal who worked the sort of job where I had to wear a 'professional' polish, then this would be a go-to shade. Or if I was a guy who was into a shiny, slightly pink nail, I'd be into this. But, I'm neither. I am SAHM who finds happiness and joy in bright, fun colors. Or glitter. Or shimmer. Or duochromes. Or flakies. This has none. I might keep it as a going-to-a-funeral shade, or in case I suddenly change personalities (no chance of that!). Yes, it's a nude, yes, I would think many could wear this. I just like a lil' more ooomph in my polish.

on 9/8/2008 10:05:00 AM

Read so much about this colour in magazines, decided to get one to try. I like the sheer (very close to nailbed) colour but can't seem to cover my slightly yellow nails. It fades after a few days. I prefer Pure Chiffon as it is more pinkish and covers the yellow nails, which makes them look healthier than Mademoiselle.

on 9/2/2008 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Paired with Essie "blanc" works very well for a natural looking french manicure.

Have short, artificial nails and Mademoiselle looked really good on them for about 6 days, after that, color started to change - so if you get a refill on artificial nail beds every 2 weeks, you may need a full polish change halfway thru. Essie "blanc" on tips also chipped after about 5-6 days.

on 8/21/2008 6:47:00 PM

this color is perfect alone or with a french manicure!

on 8/20/2008 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color for a natural pink look. If your nails are pink naturally this might show up looking more clear though.

Its a great color if you want to look natural with a little kick ;0)

on 8/14/2008 12:47:00 PM

The perfect sheer pink. Looks great alone - but looks even better when paired with a coat of montauk the end

on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM

This is the perfect baby pink. It's a very demure, ladylike shade. No shimmer or glitter in this one. As always, the drying time is great and it lasts quite a while sans chippage. I feel like some elegant French lady when I wear it. Seriously: this one (and most Essie colors) trumps my Chanel and OPI polishes.

Ever look at an ad, see the model's nails and wish you had pretty nails like her? Then you definitely should try this polish! It gives nails a sheer pink colour, similar to the colour of ballet point shoes. I bought this a while ago in a set but never really reached for it but lately, it's been what I've been reaching for everytime. It really makes fingers look soft and finished. I personally think it looks best on short to mid-length nails, very sophisticated. The nail colour itself is quite glossy so I suppose you could get away with no top coat...but the polish itself has a tendency to peel so I would recommend a top coat.

on 7/29/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this nail color for my fingers. It's a pretty, sheer very light pinkish tone, and it's really easy to apply because if you get a little around your nailbed or mess up a tiny bit, you would never notice. I agree with the post below that it looks the best in the summertime with a tan, but I also like to wear it all year just because it's so fool-proof. It's nice for a professional look, polished but not overdone, and the best part is I can do it in 10 minutes before going out.

on 7/8/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mademoiselle matches the color of my nail bed exactly. Appreciated when my nails have grown a bit and I am too lazy to remove it. I can only pull this off in the summer with a slight tan, though, because my coloring is very warm and quite yellow. In the winter when my hands are pale, I'm just too sallow for this cooler pink shade. But like I said, very nice in the summer. Looks cute and professional at the same time on my short nails. DH likes it, too!

Top Rated Essie Products