August 20, 2014 | 1071 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

Just got this stuff for about 2 weeks. I bought generic brand called vitacid because it's so dirt cheap with same ingredients in 0,025%. I have bad acne, it's all over my face and even worse on my period. I use clindalimyn gel in the morning and retinoic acid cream at night. I'm in a stage that I don't know what to do anymore. So I think I'm gonna use this with cetaphil cleanser for couple or month, please wish me luck. So I'm gonna write my testimonials for view months.
Week 1: purging just a little....
Week 2: surprisingly calm down my acne, I really glad bout it.
Week 3: suddenly my face purge badly, I'm shocked my self esteem decreased. Bumps everywhere specially on my forehead OMG I need strength, it better work soon....or...I don't know @.@
Week4: Still purging and drying, switch my cleanser to cetaphil gentle cleanser and I thing it really help with the dryness, so my routine now are cetaphil+Clindamycin+light make up at morning, cetaphil+retinoic acid cream at night, I also use Avene cleanance K every once in a week just to get rid of my dead skin layer. Plus I use konjac sponge and rub it to my face every night after cleanse my face....my friends said my face got better just a little bit so Imma continuing this. Does anybody know side effect of retinoic acid? Add one more lippie ;P
week5: less purging, gets the bumps dry and my face is flaky everywhere. But I think we really going somewhere here. still have most bumps around my hairline, and the most noticeable are my acne scar now. Will continue because I heard it also fading scars.... add one more lippie. ;) feelin good
week 6: still purging...have big bumps around my forehead and bumps da bump da bump around my cheek and chin...
week7: bump on my forehead only..... huuuuuuuuuuuu so many
week8: still on my forehead and on :(
week9: the same
decides to change to retin A after I finished my old tretinoin cream
week10:changed n still purging n gettin dry n dry
week11: :(
week12: still :(
week13: my bumps calm down a bit, hope it's not gonna purge anymore. still have my marks n redness all ova my face. witch hazel toner really help.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It took me almost 4 months to see the results. I had no purging since I didn't have cystic acne. I had problem with clogged pores. No purging, but my skin did flake. It wasn't constant flaking. It would severely flake for one day a week for about 4 weeks for me. I find that retin-a cream is quite emollient. I started seeing better result when I starting incorporating AHA into my routine. I like DDF 10% glycolic toner. It allows retin-a to penetrate better (according to MUA skincare board). I'm on the mildest dosage (0.025%) and intend to keep it that way since i'm only 26. I will increase the dosage to fight wrinkles when I'm older. Now my skin is just GLOWING and I've gotten compliments on my skin. It's still not perfect but i can't complain. I will update once my skin becomes flawless.

UPDATE: (May 2011) I now have the best skin I've had since my teenage years. I'm 27 now. All my pores are unplugged. I use Peter Thomas Roth AHA BHA Acne Gel in the morning and Retin-A 0.025% at night. Very effective regimen for clogged skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ahblay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, obviously I have an amazing product on my skin. Blackheads were climbin in my pores, snatchin my beauty up, tryna rape it. I took my makeup off and was like you better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husb. I started using Retin A .025% 2 months ago every night, and my skin is better than it has been in my whole life. Acne, you are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real. Run n tell that

199 out of 299 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by McConville32

I started using retin-a a little over two months ago. I use the .025%. I have always had issues with my skin. I have bad blackheads all over and around my nose, new pimples popping up everyday and do get cystic acne which I despise. My skin has been this way for a very long time. I have found products to imrove my skin but nothing to make the acne just stop so my derm reccomended retin a.

The first 2 weeks I didn't notice much of a difference. And since then my skin has seemed to get worse. I haven't noticed much of an improvement yet, I still have blackheads, my cystic acne seems to actually have gotten worse, and I still get pimples. Something that has improved is when I get a new pimple it does seem to go away faster than usual; that is about the only thing though. My skin does peel and burn a little, but not bad at all, I think it's because I have .025%, the weakest form of retin a. My derm told me it would take about 12 weeks to see results so I still have 4 weeks left. So I will update then and hopefully I can say I have much clearer skin by then! I gave it a 3 because I really haven't seen that much improvement, but if by 12 weeks it's better I will change my rating accordingly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by deZire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are many over the counter products that are very helpful with preventing the signs of aging, but only two that have been proven to prevent the signs of aging and reverse it and that is sun screen and Retinold/Retin-A. There is a very bad purging process that you have to go through but stick with it, once you pass this purging process your skin will be absolutely flawless, plump, wrinkle free and glowing. I have been using Retinold for about 6 months and what a difference, it is truly amazing. I have used many over the counter Retinol creams, and they are no where near as effect as Retinold. Don't give up, even if you have purging, keep going, it will stop. Please don't forget your sunscreen everyday. Especially on the drivers side of your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Blehpppp....god awful product. No wonder it's prescription... messed up my skin's balance so bad. I can't even write more of this putrid thing. I think I'm just a weird person, all products others hate I love and all products others love I hate...*sigh*

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blackwhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made me break out super bad! I know there is a purging process but dang it was to much to handle gave it a good 3 months and could not take anymore! Once I stopped using it my face went back to normal! Now I have to repair the damage! Thanks RETIN-A!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a total HG for me! Seriously, if I was stuck on an island and could only have 1 beauty product I feel like I could live without everything else but my Retin-A cream. BTW - I use the Retin-A/Hydroquinone combo cream for reference. I have never had acne issues, but I have noticed a couple of fine lines AND sun damaged areas on my face. I have heard that it can take up to a year for the full effect, but I really saw results in about a month of daily use! For me, I don't have to take days off because it doesn't make my skin sensitive and I don't really even have noticeable peeling. This is such a multi-tasking product too - I have heard of so many skin conditions that this effectively treats. Make a trip to your derm and try this out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Retin-A for 3 years. I went to the derm when I was experiencing bad cystic acne around my cheeks, along with dark scarring. At the time I was using many kinds of products, like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, glycolic acid, the whole proactiv lineup, as well as Murad products! The derm took one look at my face and told me to stop everything and prescribed Retin-A micro .01% (the pump). I use a pea size amount for my whole face at night, and use cetaphil to wash and moisturize. This product did peel my face around the 2nd or 3rd week, but I didn't stop the treatment. This is the best product, and I have recommended it to everyone I know. My face is glowing and this stops the oil so I need less makeup, and I honestly feel comfortable without makeup now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HD product. I have used tretinoin for >1 year and it never fails to deliver. At first it seems to make my skin red and sensitive, but after having used it for such a long time, I find it 'very calming' to my skin whenever I use acids on the same day. It just speeds up the healing and normalizes my skin taking away all the redness and flakiness. I will never go without my 0.1% tretinoin cream!!!