April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I havent found a better brow powder but I have a suspicion that there is something better out there. However, I am surprised how well this powder works. I have the worlds worst eye brows. No Joke. They are so overplucked its almost impossible for me to not look like an idiot everyday. Also, I have natural blonde hair and fair skin yet my eye brows are black. Not dark brown, black. This only adds to my brow troubles. This brow powder has helped me to lighten the boldness of my brows somewhat yet still fill them in and thicken them without ending up with two toned brows. I can use the lightest color in the ash blonde duo for fill ins and the darker color to add some length and thickness to my brows. Its working out pretty well. Much better than the old pencil I was using. I still havent been able to totally tame my brows and get a look I am 100% happy with but I am on the look out for a better product. Like I said, I have yet to find one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by carrie8i8

The brow powder on whatshebuys.com is the exact same one at sephora.. not larger like a reviewer before commented. I think they changed it. I really like this brow powder. It stays on very well and has a very natural color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best product I've found for making my brows look natural, but perfect.

I have this in medium ash, ... If I want it to be undetectable that I've used anything to perfect my brows, I use the light shade alone. For more definition I tend to use both shades. (I like to use the dark shade to subtly fill gaps, and the lighter shade to make my brows look more full.) When I'm creating a more dramatic look, especially if I'm applying darker eye makeup, or if I'm doing a 'brow' look, I'll use more of the darker shade to really tie the makeup together.

This brow powder doesn't smudge, migrate, or fade through the day. I have paranoia about getting smudged brows (how embarrassing!) but that just doesn't happen with this powder. It's not even necessary to use a wax or brow gel to lock it in, the color stays put on its own.

I definitely suggest going somewhere and trying this product to make sure it works well for you, and you're choosing the right color before buying. It sounds like a number of the less-than-stellar reviews on here were caused by picking the wrong color. (Or possibly not having a good color match?)

You'll need a brush for application; I use Anastasia's double-ended brush - it has an angled natural hair brush on one end for applying the powder, and a spooley thing on the other side for brushing your brows into shape/brushing the powder through once applied. This brush is great, but it's not necessary to buy Anastasia's brush for perfect application of this product, - any basically equivalent brush should do the job :)
(I prefer natural hair, a little on the stiff side, not scratchy.)

It's a high price tag, but one of these little compacts will last you quite a while, even if you use it every day.

UPDATE: 2012
I'm still loving this brow powder, and I can confirm that there's plenty of product - it just lasts and lasts. An extra note for anyone looking for a more precise application, or to fill a sparse area: try using a thinner brow brush, and wet/dampen the brush before picking up the powder. You can use quick, short, light movements to sort of draw tiny lines for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the duo in Medium Ash and it is the best brow powder ever. Not only are the shades perfect for me (I have black hair but my brows are very sparse and my skin is pale so I need a lighter brow color) but the compact is gorgeous and practical. It is perfect--not too big and not too small with a mirror! The lighter shade alone is just a tad too light for me to look convincing but I can use both the light and dark shades blended together or just the dark shade on its own. Sometimes I use the powder with my Clinique Superfine brow pencil in soft brown l for bad brow days. The shade and quality of the darker color in the medium ash duo is a lot like the old Body Shop brow powder from 10 years ago which I loved but lost quite a while back. TBS has since come out with a new brow powder but it's nowhere close to the old one I had. I don't see how I could ever finish this duo but I think I'll get a backup just in case Anastasia decides to discontinue the medium ash duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Scatterot

My brows have never looked so good and best of all--natural! I decided to stray from Benefit Browzings and try something new and went for this. I will never go back! Browzing looked horrible on me compared to this stuff! I have Brunette and it works perfectly for my black eyebrows. I barely use any of the product so I know it will last for a long time and be worth every penny. This is definately a HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands-down, the best brow powder I have ever used! ( and I have used ALOT ) I have very very light brows and medium golden brown hair. I use this is Medium Ash. It looks soooooooo natural. Please try this on at Sephora or somewhere before you buy. In the pot, it looked too ash-like and dull for me, but when I put it on it turns into almost the exact color of my hair. It goes on smoothly BUT does not fade or rub off by the end of the day. I am so glad I found this. I have used so many other expensive brands and NONE compare to this product. It is worth the cost. No matter what you do to your makeup, if your brows are not fabulous then nothing else will matter. If you have light brows, invest in this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by selmf

I have the brow powder in Blonde, it is more of a taupe color-really not very natural IMO. My invisible eyebrows began to grow in salt/pepper and not evenly on both sides, so I am searching for a blonde brow product. Other than the color it has a nice texture though. But, this is not going to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by octavia6

I have Anastasia duo brow powder in Brunette and I can't say any more about this - this is FANASTASIC!! I use the light shade for all over and use the dark shade to add "wings" - my wings stopped growing after the years of plucking. Of course, I use peite arch stencils while using the duo powder. I brush it off to soften the colors. Never went for different products after trying Anastasia. It ROCKS!
***UPDATE*** 9/9/08 - I have been using this everyday, it already ran out!! I was browsing through, and found EXACT same colors - Bobbi Brown eyeshadows in Grey(6) and Mahogany(10) and the eyeshadows cost $20 each - can't complain enough!! They are EXACT the same colors in duo brow powder in Brunette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brow powder I've ever used. I have red hair, but BLONDE eyebrows, so I have no choice but to use brow powder. I originally went with this brands because of 2 things: It specialized in eyebrow everything, and it mentioned Beverly Hills in it lol. I figured it must be one of the best, and it is. Plus, because of my red hair, finding a powder that matches is a task! I have this in Strawburn, and it works perfectly! No blotches - completely blendable and natural-looking. I probably won't use a different brand again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by audmac

I got the duo brow powder in brunette (came in my 5 pc kit). It is THE BEST BROW POWDER EVER!!!! the color is a PERFECT match for my brows-finally-after using various brands and colors this is the best! The powder is not too powdery and fills in great- no obvious powdery-ness like my former fav- stila duos. Lasts all day too. My only complaint is that its kind of small amount of product. But I will definitely repurchase anyways. Found my HG brow powder-yeah!!! :)