October 21, 2014 | 1937 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by annieytown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was never much of a powder kind of girl until I purchased Silky Underwear. This dusting powder is beautiful. There are tiny clumps/flakes of cocoa butter that glide onto the skin. It does not leave huge traces of white powder on you. Instead it moisturizes and slowly sinks into the skin. The scent is quite pretty. It is a mixture of jasmine absolute and cocoa butter. The packaging is not the best but the product more than makes up for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by val3ntine

Mmmmmm... I love this smell. I wish someone would duplicate the scent so that I could make a lotion too. Packaging is horrible, so I have it in a plastic salt shaker that snaps shut (I think it's made by T*pperware, but other brands make it). The holes are a little bit small, but it travels no problem. I use it mostly in the summer when I don't need much moisturizing. In the winter when I switch to deoderant instead of anti-perspirant, I sprinkle some under my arms to help with the moisture.
*update* After I used up almost all of what was in my shaker jar, I was left with a bunch of little clumps that I can hear when I shake it. I wanted to see if it was really cocoa butter so I dipped my finger into it and rubbed some clumps into my skin and yes, it is cocoa butter. So you can't use a container with holes that are too small because the cocoa butter bits won't come out. Then again, the cocoa butter bits were coated in powder and never really "melted" into my skin. Just sat there like I had gluey stuff on my skin. Therefore I believe that the cocoa butter makes no difference when it comes to moisturizing. Oh and it's been a year that I've had my jar and I have 25% left but it's lost most of its smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2004 2:54:00 PM More reviews by amy_aimee2000

The texture on this powder is amazing! Silky and almost like a moisturizer once it's on. I just can't deal with the scent. :( I think this type of jasmine is a love-it-or-hate it scent, and I am not in the love-it category. The packaging isn't the end of the world; you could easily dump it into something else and use a puff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and really, really love it. The texture is really soft and smooth, and the scent is fabulous, sort of like jasminey chocolate (although everyone seems to have a different description of the scent). Now I can't get enough of it and I sprinkle it on the inside of my clothing and on my sheets too. I also had Honey Bee Have powder from LUSH but I'm sad to say that I've been pretty much ignoring it since I got my Silky Underwear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of the scent, and the bits of cocoa butter that are supposed to be in here: where are they exactly??

Bleh: I much prefer the Lush Candy dusting powder. the silky Underwear was swapped away almost the same day i got it in the mail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just don't get it. It's just powder ... it's overpriced, and I can't smell it at all. Johnson's Baby Powder smells as good and works as well.

The appeal of this escapes me entirely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2004 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Helly

I LOVE this scent and have been desperately trying to recreate it without success so far. It's a soft jasmine, much like LUSH Alkmaat soap and Fairy Jasmine ballistic. Like the idea of lumps of cocoa butter but not keen on them in practise, they just seem to clump up. But overall an excellent product which smells divine.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lushaholic

i'm most definately in the minority on this product. I HATE IT! it smells to me like yeast & old lady perfume. definately not what i want to smell like. the packaging is okay, but not the greatest. the price is actually good for the time that this powder lasts. it seems to last forever, that's what i love about LUSH powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2004 11:58:00 AM More reviews by luciannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product smells so wonderful!! I apply it all over my body after I shower and I smell just delicious. Makes my skin feel really soft and smooth. Don't really like the packaging, but I will repurchase!